Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

lol homeboy boutta learn its the peeps who want your product that you focus on, not those already decided they aint buyin no matter what

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

I've said this before but this seems like it's setting up a reconnection to the present. like we see him realising how to deal with skeptics publicly and we get a hard cut to him destroying oda on live tv

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Izawa's bitchslappin' those spoilers

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I don't like Izawa being revealed to possess competence

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Vic posted:

Izawa's bitchslappin' those spoilers

:emptyquote:

ALFbrot posted:

same

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

ALFbrot posted:

I think it is more a lucky accident that it works out that he is never caught.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Xenocides posted:

I think it is more a lucky accident that it works out that he is never caught.

Yeah hes basically like James bond. Incompetent, but lucky

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

delightful

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That is the most disgusting sound effect you've ever done

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Everyone stews, its just a fact of life man

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

That is an excellent double entendre

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Wait, was he pooping the whole time that guy was talking to him?

purplestuffedworm
Oct 11, 2012

lovely behavior but with that face you just can't stay mad at him, look how happy he is!

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Aino Minako posted:

Wait, was he pooping the whole time that guy was talking to him?

I am going to assume so. Now I can feel better about wanting Enami to punch his smug face.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

They shoulda used this chance to do the anime "guy with his eyes always drawn closed cracking them open slightly to have a sinister gaze" villain reveal thing.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

flavor.flv posted:

That is the most disgusting sound effect you've ever done

This one is glad to be of service.

Xenocides posted:

I am going to assume so. Now I can feel better about wanting Enami to punch his smug face.

I think you mean smug mug.

yeah actually they will posted:

I've said this before but this seems like it's setting up a reconnection to the present. like we see him realising how to deal with skeptics publicly and we get a hard cut to him destroying oda on live tv

Without giving anything away, I will say this: we're getting close.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Good job you didn't invest years of your life in this before asking yourself these questions

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

simplefish posted:

lol homeboy boutta learn its the peeps who want your product that you focus on, not those already decided they aint buyin no matter what

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

simplefish posted:

I'm sorry. Again.

A totally realistic thought process for any Actual Person:

"That teenage boy was socially awkward and had his eyes glued to my chest. How very unusual... but I want to understand more.

Hahaha.

Maybe he could be great one day. I will follow his development closely, that seems enjoyable."

Btw where is Big Ol' Bazongas? Is she still watching how this turns out?

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

こら

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Hey, looks like Tohru got the #2 slot to match his last name. Good job, NEET.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Whoa. Izawa's sister is cool.

Heh. He's go one of those Japanese toilets with a faucet over the reservoir.

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Mackerel Cornflake posted:

They don’t automatically run long enough imo, but make a good place for a decorative plant.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Mackerel Cornflake posted:

She's him, but with the hair he wants. Also lol about his mega doo contemplations.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
As much as I really hope the next panel is just an immediate hard cut back at the TV studio in present day, I know that it almost certainly won't be.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I'm thinking he's going to consult Yoriko about it and she's going to give him some kind of secret weapon in bullshit rhetoric to use against hecklers

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I love this stupid comic

Prime avatar material imho

Vinny Possum fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Oct 31, 2021

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Vinny Possum posted:

I love this stupid comic

Prime avatar material imho
Don't forget

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Indeed.

A lot of poop came out.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

They shoulda used this chance to do the anime "guy with his eyes always drawn closed cracking them open slightly to have a sinister gaze" villain reveal thing.

got your wish

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Millionaire Monday
Oct 4, 2021

The Daily Life of a
Certain (Ex-Con) Millionaire
begins!

The original title of this book in Japanese is【その日】から読む本, "Sonohi Kara Yomu Hon", literally translated as "The Book to Read After that Day".

Sonohi Kara Yomu Hon is a book that is freely distributed by the Japanese government to substantial winners of their national lottery. It's also a book that is somewhat veiled in secrecy. Only winners of the national lottery are allowed to possess copies of it. It's unobtainable even to bank employees.

The book is meant to curtail instances of individuals ruining their lives and becoming destitute after a windfall of sudden riches. Remember Hugo from :lost:? Lottery winners rarely become happy, fulfilled individuals. Being a lottery winner is an extremely overwhelming experience, and most end up unhappy, their relationships forever fractured, and through new cycles of lending and debt become ultimately penniless.

Besides being filled with financial advice, "don't quit your job", "prioritize any debts you have", "don't go on spending sprees", the book also offers advice about how to contain the extreme emotions that becoming a millionaire overnight might entail. The excitement you feel at the moment is just a momentary high, and you need to recognize that before making any regrettable decisions. Also important is to "TELL NO ONE" (or at the very least only those you trust completely), or the rest of your life will be spent negotiating loans to various family members and acquaintances, ultimately alienating and distancing yourself further. (Or you might become the target of a crime. poo poo's crazy.)

Also, in typical Japanese style, the book is very colorfully illustrated, like an elementary school textbook. My understanding is that most books and pamphlets put out by the Japanese government are like that, but it still makes me laugh.

In any case, I don't know how much a book like that helps, and in researching if my own government :911: offers something similar (haha, of course not), I came across the phrase "reality after the dream". Being a lottery winner is a lot like waking up from an incredible dream; you can't tell fantasy from reality, and you're totally disoriented from the experience. So that's why I chose that title.

I just hope it works for whatever comes next. :shrug:

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Millionaire Monday posted:

"don't quit your job"

noooo

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Millionaire Monday posted:

"The Book to Read After that Day"

This is all very interesting. Do people win the lottery often enough to need a book dedicated to it? I suppose there must be some high-profile incidents to warrant that kind of attention. Gambling in Japan is kind of a big deal in general, isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I think it's not really a case of having enough winners, but I think it's more a sense of the Japanese society having a feeling of social responsibility towards people that might not be able to handle that much money at once.