Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/dawsonmercers/status/1455023882721767431

We're a month into the season! If you're not overreacting to your team's start you probably should be!

lol leafs!

The Chicago Blackhawks are trash garbage and are in the bin where they belong!

The Penguins played like trash when Sid returned because that makes perfect sense!

Buffalo isn't total trash yet!

Eichel will probably never actually be traded! Yes, I'm totally sure @nhlrumors69420 is totally legitimate in their prediction this time!

Quennville got fired resigned kinda resigned except sorta fired!

lol leafs!

The Flyers have yet to come crashing back to earth! Give it time!

Seattle exists!

lol leafs!

Hockey!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

hockey.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:hmmyes:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/MollieeWalkerr/status/1455029704570724354

I like Gallant. Dudes honest.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Pens are currently the worst team in the Metro so what. Stupid freaking division good lord.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Pens are currently the worst team in the Metro so what. Stupid freaking division good lord.

every team in the metro at .500 or above, i hope this lasts for at least another month

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

rex rabidorum vires posted:

We have our first round pick for once this year so that's somethin'

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The Montreal Canadiens are 4-12-0 and the Kings are 3-5-1 since then. Happy gently caress Month everyone!

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Funny thing is I don't think the defense is really that bad or anything...the team has just been very inconsistent at generating and keeping pressure on offensively and the forwards are inconsistent at helping out the D in the defensive zone, so they end up having to defend more than they should which always ultimately leads to more chances against no matter how good your D is.

Basically they're still working on getting the forwards to figure out the system even though the biggest part of the system is probably "skate hard andpuck support"

We'll see if it clicks...sometimes it does and they look real good

Trouba-Miller have been an excellent pairing so far this year.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Don't worry the Rangers are up against the Canucks tomorrow and that should be a nice rest day for Shesterkin and the defence.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
I am once again asking for Trotzy and LouLam to take Zdeno Chara behind the woodshed and tell him about the rabbits

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

Don't worry the Rangers are up against the Canucks tomorrow and that should be a nice rest day for Shesterkin and the defence.

What's up with Pettersson this year. Looks like a pretty slow start for him.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

What's up with Pettersson this year. Looks like a pretty slow start for him.

Looks slow and lacking his normal creativity. Probably the lingering effects of his injury last year and missing training camp. I'm not unduly concerned but with the team starting very badly its been the focus of media discussion. He's the team's highest paid player and he really does need to be better than he has, but that's true of literally everyone other than Thatcher Demko and to a lesser extent Conor Garland.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Lol I love quotes like these

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Ginette Reno posted:

We have our first round pick for once this year so that's somethin'

lol if you think they won't trade it before the deadline for a veteran who won't move the needle an inch

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

lol if you think they won't trade it before the deadline for a veteran who won't move the needle an inch

guentzel-crosby-silfverberg gonna be sick tho

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I need to see more love given to the Canes. I know they've been picking off some cellar dwellers, but lots of good teams flush those "easy" games away and the Canes have been dominating.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

If it were JR I'd have no doubt of that. Hextall is a different animal though. He's pretty patient.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Eric the Mauve posted:

Colin Miller come on down!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Nocheez posted:

I need to see more love given to the Canes. I know they've been picking off some cellar dwellers, but lots of good teams flush those "easy" games away and the Canes have been dominating.

The Canes are good, but gently caress 'em.

Also, deciding Fred Andersen is the horse you're gonna ride is going to end in tears. What a gift they gave the Red Wings. Protip, if you're gonna give away a good goalie because your coach doesn't like him, at least don't give him to a divisional rival.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

from the previous thread:

kalensc posted:

ah bin coudon stab, c'est plate mais tsé qu'y a deux saisons minimum avant que Bergevin sacre son camp

his contract hasn't been renewed past this year so he may be gone at the end of this season?

Also:
- Gallagher is now injured and has been spotted in a splint
- Petry can barely walk from what reporters have seen; was game-time yesterday but probably won't be back next game
- Price still on his mental health LTIR
- Weber all but retired with a puréed foot
- Byron's hip is still nonfunctional
- Perreault got Lattice Retinal Degeneration, required laser treatment and is out for 2-3 weeks
- Edmundson still broken
- Brook, Teasdale, Norlinder also injured

Things are gonna be dire for a good while. Calisse.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Gudbranson is.... an adequate 3rd pairing d-man?

Zadorov is loving terrible.

Kylington for Norris.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Andersen is 7-0, and while I miss Ned, I don't know that we are in a worse position without him.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

Also, deciding Fred Andersen is the horse you're gonna ride is going to end in tears. What a gift they gave the Red Wings. Protip, if you're gonna give away a good goalie because your coach doesn't like him, at least don't give him to a divisional rival.

maybe one day big ned will be able to outplay 36 year old thomas greiss

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Misanthrope posted:

Kylington for Norris.

I still haven't processed that the flames are not a flaming hot pile of trash. I'm just waiting for the inevitable to happen (ie. A 12 game losing streak)

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Andersen's gonna be interesting this year, theoretically CAR should be a smash spot for him because rush chances are his weakness and they're obviously much better than the Leafs for that, but the issue with him the last couple years is that his low-danger sv% cratered. If he rebounds from that he can win the Vezina with that team, but it's a pretty high-variance stat. Also he's a choker but that won't matter until the summer.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Misanthrope posted:

Kylington for Norris.

I am extremely happy to say I was wrong about Gudbranson

But I even more extremely happy to say I was right about Kylington

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

:hmmyes:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Misanthrope posted:

mennoknight posted:

I am extremely happy to say I was wrong about Gudbranson

Oh God I can't wait until you get the true real gud experience in a few weeks' time.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

fire paul maurice and kevin cheveldayoff

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Happy gently caress Month NHL thread! Here is the number one person who fucks in the entire league:

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Eric the Mauve posted:

Wings aren't in the same division

Also think you really gotta see how things shake out over about 20 games...lotta teams start hot, start slow, fall apart or pick things up in December, etc.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

MononcQc posted:

his contract hasn't been renewed past this year so he may be gone at the end of this season?

Also:
- Petry can barely walk from what reporters have seen; was game-time yesterday but probably won't be back next game
- Perreault got Lattice Retinal Degeneration, required laser treatment and is out for 2-3 weeks
- Edmundson still broken

Getting close to the Alex Belzile Experience (which means the habs are hosed)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Regarding injured players being traded, Pascal Leclaire was on IR when he was shipped to Ottawa for Antoine Vermette in 2009.

E- Columbus...not...bad?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Nov 1, 2021

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Huge if true.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

MononcQc posted:

Also:
- Edmundson still broken

Yeah but you gotta see the Habs come back from a 3-1 defecit to the Leafs so who's to say it wasn't worth it?

E: lol

https://twitter.com/CanadiensMTL/status/1455205040357093383?t=1c0mffCVvCLGZN3ehCQPsg&s=19

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Nov 1, 2021

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Pretty sure that’s a smart move because Caufield has nothing good to learn from the current NHL team and at least management recognizes that.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Levitate posted:

Also think you really gotta see how things shake out over about 20 games...lotta teams start hot, start slow, fall apart or pick things up in December, etc.

seriously how many times in the last 10 years did we see Buffalo have surprisingly good starts and then come crashing back to earth in December

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Habs usually play well early on and collapse over Christmas, so this year is gonna be wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

MononcQc posted:

:smith: same, getting diagnosed with this at 28 was not pleasant, and the laser treatment sucks rear end