Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
*extremely Duriel voice*

Let's go Baal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Asproigerosis posted:

I can't believe republicans are the only ones seen as fiscally responsible when the only thing dems do is hand out bloat grift to corporations and then go on vacation for the rest of the year. At least republicans are cognizant enough to pass some minor garbage that lowers every costs for an election cycle as the financial cost is kicked down the road and dems loving eat it every time.

Good news, my buddy who bought a 4bd house with 30k property tax is about to get a ton of money back he wouldn't otherwise! Thanks Dems!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

silicone thrills posted:

I think my favorite part of the D&D thread was just overall how much the mods really made themselves seem like bastards, all on their own.

Like they just volunteered the info

It was such a wild ride. I'd go to bed feeling sympathetic to them because they're obviously frustrated and being pulled in more than one direction but by the time I woke up the next morning and caught up I'd be totally disabused of the notion.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Best Friends posted:

there may be other reasons they don’t mention defective products by an advertiser

Nice conspiracy theory, whacko. Read the media crit thread.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I was thinking, maybe the Democrat Party needs our help giving people reasons to vote for them in upcoming elections.

I'll start off.

1. Jobs in the Military Industrial Complex
2. ???

Let's help'em out.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The kind of people who'd post in the D&D feedback thread in defense of D&D against feedback really revealed themselves as the kind of people whose main focus in online discourse is to argue in bad faith while using polite language so nobody can tell

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

loquacius posted:

The kind of people who'd post in the D&D feedback thread in defense of D&D against feedback really revealed themselves as the kind of people whose main focus in online discourse is to argue in bad faith while using polite language so nobody can tell

I liked the part where my post from the blow thread saying essentially this was cited as a reason to ignore me

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

loquacius posted:

The suggestions some made wrt enforcing politeness were, well

I cannot for the life of me think of a way in which that would end well

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

like, if you are really invested in an online community, and there's a thread for feedback where a whole bunch of people who left the community are patiently and calmly explaining to you why they left and what they prefer about their new community, one would think you'd happily accept that feedback and work to incorporate it, but,

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

loquacius posted:

like, if you are really invested in an online community, and there's a thread for feedback where a whole bunch of people who left the community are patiently and calmly explaining to you why they left and what they prefer about their new community, one would think you'd happily accept that feedback and work to incorporate it, but,

wow, language lawyer much???

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

spacetoaster posted:

I was thinking, maybe the Democrat Party needs our help giving people reasons to vote for them in upcoming elections.

I'll start off.

2. ???

Let's help'em out.

Vote!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

MonsieurChoc posted:

So I completely missed the part in the completely useless D&D Feedback thread where I was attacked for like five pages for having the perfectly reasonable take that the CIA is bad at Intelligence but good at Crime.

And now it's locked so I can't go in to defend myself. gently caress the D&D mods.

lol

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Reasons to vote Democrat

2. VOTE!!
3. ???

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

The D&D mods' constant reluctance to comment on criticisms of the media analysis thread until the specific argument about the trustworthiness of the CIA-provided intel boiled over into the feedback thread was absolutely amazing to watch. the model laid out in the OP is treated as the singular source of Truth In Media Understanding, when it's an insanely easy to abuse model:

like, at best, one of them is very good friends with the nutty professor and would feel bad telling them 'hey man we have to un-sticky your thread because it turns out it wasn't well received' and at worst it's like, the biden staffer mod making sure that only The Right Criticisms of His President are Received.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/statu...ingawful.com%2F

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

goodnight sleepy joe

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
Friedman the king of bad op-eds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-omIk4tmtoI

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

living the loving dream, he's my hero

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Steward Saves His Family (and lets the rest of us die)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/itsJeffTiedrich/status/1455181647574454273

on the one hand, lol at having his priorities straight here

but on the other hand, lol that the Dems can't even give the Jeff Tiedrichs of the world a loving win

If they were competent at their job as play-actors they'd at least accomplish a show victory every once in a while

also, see replies for culture warriors

should have replied harder, bitch

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
oh my god please learn some better insults jesus christ

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Checking the composition of the sample...

quote:

This survey of 1,209 adults
{snip}
There are 469 Democrats and Democratic leaning independents and 413 Republicans and Republican leaning independents.

That leaves 327 voters who didn't specify an affiliation.

The survey has more Democratic-leaning voters, but also thinks the Democratic party is the greatest threat to democracy? The only way that makes sense is if the vast majority of "no specified affiliation" are hard right-wingers. I would just toss that survey into the trash where it belongs and not worry about it. EDIT 2: Fine, I see how it could be valid.

EDIT: The age breakdown of registered voters might be a clue:

18 to 29 - 16%
30 to 44 - 23%
45 to 59 - 27%
60 or older - 34%

61% of those polled are 45 or older.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

wait this happened at the end of the flight?

even more lmao

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
if I got consistently terrible polls I would simply throw the polls away and not think about them

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

sexpig by night posted:

if I got consistently terrible polls I would simply throw the polls away and not think about them

look if you talk about bad polls obviously you support fascism. Dont post bad polls. dont talk about bad polls.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Does pete think that Biden was going to do anything to help the future of humanity if he hadn't been nodding off?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao 2022 is going to be a bloodbath

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

spacetoaster posted:

Average age of Democratic leadership? 72

Average age of Republican leadership? 48

WTF is going on, holy poo poo.

It's the natural end result of a party that has gatekeeped itself into irrelevancy through ridiculous, bougie, PMC standards. Again, I have to say Democratic primary voters are the worst people on the planet who have no conception of what "experience" or "competence" means.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/raam_beart/status/1455029335937585153?t=zQzltV_m-PrFoNM9JNMPcA&s=19

guess which harm reduction candidate closed a bunch of foreign CIA offices?

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
excuse me but biden is actually hyper focused

https://twitter.com/crypto_feria/status/1455202265640292352

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/itsJeffTiedrich/status/1455181647574454273

on the one hand, lol at having his priorities straight here

but on the other hand, lol that the Dems can't even give the Jeff Tiedrichs of the world a loving win

If they were competent at their job as play-actors they'd at least accomplish a show victory every once in a while

also, see replies for culture warriors

this is like super serious stuff you're talking about so uh, they need to win? isn't that the point of the good guys vs bad guys :shobon:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

a new study bible! posted:

that Jenis ice cream isn’t going to buy itself

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

500 good dogs posted:

https://twitter.com/raam_beart/status/1455029335937585153?t=zQzltV_m-PrFoNM9JNMPcA&s=19

guess which harm reduction candidate closed a bunch of foreign CIA offices?

the real question is: how does this benefit russia because thats obviously why TFG did that

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

spacemang_spliff posted:

wait this happened at the end of the flight?

even more lmao

Excuse me I'm trusting the pilot with my LIFE what if in their impotent rage vs the good President Biden they rammed the plane into the terminal, hmm??? Not safe just because you've landed!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

shut the gently caress up

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

when i close my eyes, i go into an even more alert trance state and am milliosn of times more receptive of all things too, been there, that shits a pretty sweet ride friend, handle that gift with care and respect :ocelot::cool:

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

this would be a perfect introduction to a new documentary about the collapse of western democracy.

no credits, no logo - just open with this. then do all the normal intro stuff

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

*drill sargeantly voice* @ sleepyjoe:] let's go brandon :shobon:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

this would be a perfect introduction to a new documentary about the collapse of western democracy.

no credits, no logo - just open with this. then do all the normal intro stuff

:hmmyes: