Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Shere posted:

The only other thing I can think is you're not still wearing the ones you want to use at materials, right?

yes, you have to unequip the artifacts you want to use as materials in addition to unlocking them. This is usually what trips me up. Its usually easiest to just equip the artifact you're looking to invest to, so you autoswap to it after managing your inventory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Hazdoc posted:

Sayu's not a kid, she is at least a teenager (her actual age isn't really specified, but she's implied to have finished with some sort of formal education for ninjas) with serious growth issues. She's sleepy all the time because somebody convinced her that sleeping well will help her grow. Her acting childish is probably due to being babied a lot due to her small size.

Her acting childish is because she is treated and presented by the game as a child regardless of her backstory

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Kale posted:

Hence why I said plausible sounding but pure speculation and never said it was anything approaching canon or primary sourcing.

Okay but this started with you going off about how weird Keqing being 17 is, when that's a thing with no canon basis whatsoever.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm at BP 28. I'm assuming as a person with no spears and a desire for Hu Tao I should pick Deathmatch?

I have a black sword and the catalyst BP and that's it for my bp weapons

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Nyoro posted:

I'm at BP 28. I'm assuming as a person with no spears and a desire for Hu Tao I should pick Deathmatch?

I have a black sword and the catalyst BP and that's it for my bp weapons
If you don't have a Dragon's Bane then Deathmatch is apparently really good for Hu Tao, but also one must ask: Do you like claymore users? Do you ever think you will like claymore users? Because if so, Serpent's Spine is so very, very strong, as well. But there will be another full bp before Itto comes out, so if you don't have any claymore users for a primary DPS or interest in such for now, Deathmatch is a good pick.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Y e s

Also most people should pick deathmatch without qualifiers.

Kale
May 14, 2010

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Okay but this started with you going off about how weird Keqing being 17 is, when that's a thing with no canon basis whatsoever.

Yeah people often seem to think I'm going off whenever I do the long post thing and I can see why that would be the case since that's normally what that entails for most people, but that's just kind of how I articulate and lay out my thoughts and random musings sometimes. It's probably something that will always be an issue because usually usually when somebody writes a post longer than a couple paragraphs on the internet's it's them flying completely off the loving handle about something with absolutist proclamations and generalizations they expect everyone to summarily go along with. It used to bother me more when people made that misconception about my posts, but I just kind of.....get it nowadays. Oh well....

barge
Jun 12, 2006

Mailer posted:

Clicking through that crap for 30 minutes was by far the least interesting storyline content.

It's so bad, I don't see the purpose of the super slow text or not giving any option to skip it either

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

kater posted:

Y e s

Also most people should pick deathmatch without qualifiers.

Catch exists though. The only spear characters who want deathmatch now are Hu Tao and Rosaria.
Also Xiao but it's been ages since his banner and rerun isn't happening any time soon.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
There's only one Catch though.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
The new web event is pretty cute. :3:

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Speaking of Keqing, my standard wishes from the shop got me her C3. Thanks to whichever goon convinced me to give her a shot when I was whining about getting her C2 on Raiden's banner - I threw what looked like junk artifacts on her, and nearly all of them rolled a few times into crit dmg (with a whopping 30% on her flower), so she's sitting at 60/140 right now.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

spear characters are pretty high value, im often using 3-4 in abyss at any given time so having a lot of good spears is nice.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Ok, I think I am almost at the point where I should be able to 9 star every level of the Spiral Abyss. Something feels a little off, though.

Was using first 4 on team A (National + Raiden), followed by next 4 on team B (Weird Taser team)

I feel like I could come up with two better teams, though. First 11 chars are mostly built (With full artifact sets that are at least somewhat decent, and weapons leveled to 70ish)

Edit: Added c levels

BabyRyoga fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Nov 1, 2021

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Are you saying you're using Diluc+Venti+koko+Beidou as a taser team? I'm confused.
Diluc is pretty lackluster without Xingqiu but Xiangling feels the same way so it'll be pretty hard to use both of those characters in the abyss in general. In that team especially he brings like no synergy.

One thing you could do is swap Sucrose for Raiden in the national team and then run Raiden Koko Beidou Venti as your taser team. If you'd prefer to keep Raiden National together you could maybe replace Diluc in the taser team with Electro MC who will at least keep Beidou's burst juiced up real good, although he'll bring less to the table than Fischl who you don't own.
You could maybe even try out Sara since Beidou's burst snapshotting makes her tiny-duration ATK buff actually useful, although you'd have to build her first and I think she has big energy problems of her own.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Nov 1, 2021

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Is there anything cooler than ascending a character, using the acquaint fate, and getting a new constellation for them? :toot:

Trying to get faster abyss clears. I'm used to just chaining bursts and skills in a fixed rotation; there will be overlap but I don't really worry about it. Now I'm trying to hold off and chain the right bursts together to get fast-applying reaction chains on grouped enemies. Setting up with Xingqiu -> Bennett -> Xiangling -> Kazuha swirl is a terrifyingly effective storm of damage and elemental application.

I cleared floor 12 with yanfei and ayaka and the more I use yanfei the more I hate her. Yanfei has to be on the field to do anything, and sure likes to stay there and waste time. I can do Ayaka -> Yanfei but I can't switch to Jean for anemo shred because Yanfei has stay to do her thing. She slows down my whole rotation where I'll have bursts waiting but oh wait Yanfei can still pop another charged attack, skill, charged attack... if she had stamina. :argh:

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

I have no advice for you, but your constellation distribution is crazy.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one

BabyRyoga posted:

Ok, I think I am almost at the point where I should be able to 9 star every level of the Spiral Abyss. Something feels a little off, though.
I have 2 crowned 5* and level 90 weapons on everyone and I'm getting 4/9 on floor 12. To be clear, that is miles away from the DPS required for full stars. How fast are you able to deal 3 million damage?

If you feel like you are close with those characters then whatever you are doing must be right. Leveling up weapons and fully ascending characters for some level 9 talents will get you there.

e: Is it even possible to get full stars when the flying ruin guard stays up high firing missiles for a full minute (a very long time.) I'll swap raiden for fischl next time but god... what an rear end in a top hat.

Sanctum fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 1, 2021

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

BabyRyoga posted:

Was using first 4 on team A (National + Raiden), followed by next 4 on team B (Weird Taser team)

I feel like I could come up with two better teams, though. First 11 chars are mostly built (With full artifact sets that are at least somewhat decent, and weapons leveled to 70ish)

Edit: Added c levels

Well, your strongest DPS units are the C4 Xiangling and C6 Beidou, so you should get them both to 80/90, burst level 9(12), with level 90 weapons. Your strongest single team is Raiden National, and then the other one can be Beidou/Ele battery/anemo/Kokomi. Diluc is pretty bad with no Xingqiu, so it's more effecient to focus an buffing Beidou as much as you can. I don't know how good Keqing is as a battery/Beidou driver, so I invite any Keqing chime in. If she's good, Keqing/Beidou/Sucrose/Kokomi would work. If not, you might need to use Kokomi/Beidou/Ele Traveler/(Sucrose/Venti).

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Sanctum posted:

I have 2 crowned 5* and level 90 weapons on everyone and I'm getting 4/9 on floor 12. To be clear, that is miles away from the DPS required for full stars. How fast are you able to deal 3 million damage?

If you feel like you are close with those characters then whatever you are doing must be right. Leveling up weapons and fully ascending characters for some level 9 talents will get you there.

e: Is it even possible to get full stars when the flying ruin guard stays up high firing missiles for a full minute (a very long time.) I'll swap raiden for fischl next time but god... what an rear end in a top hat.

Did you make the mistake of bringing Kazuha to a ruin Hunter fight?
Sometimes when that happens I climb up on Zhongli's pillar to hit it because I get sick of waiting for it to come down

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Sanctum posted:

My National team can lay on 3 mil pretty quickly, the other one is a bit hopeless though.

I'll try some combinations without Diluc, it seems like he is really falling off without a proper synergy. He prob also has the weakest gear of any of my top 11 due to Crimson Witch luck being horrible.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Sanctum posted:

I haven't tried the new abyss, but for the one that ended yesterday then no, no chance, sorry. If you want full stars then the hunter (and grader) essentially need to be collateral damage while you hunt down the snakes and flying doritos.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
How do you even trigger ruin hunters to do the fly attack.
I used to use Fischl in my Ning party all the time and I could never get them to do it when I was farming their drops in the overworld for weapon ascensions.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Thank god Inazuman bounties dont have you dicking back and forth with the awful Elemental Sight just to, eventually, get a chance to fight the monster

Please retroactively change Monstadt and Liyue to me the same thanks Miho

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Nyoro posted:

Thank god Inazuman bounties dont have you dicking back and forth with the awful Elemental Sight just to, eventually, get a chance to fight the monster

Please retroactively change Monstadt and Liyue to me the same thanks Miho
I'm going to max out my Inazuma rep before the others specifically because every week that region gets 300 more rep off that alone

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I used to use Fischl in my Ning party all the time and I could never get them to do it when I was farming their drops in the overworld for weapon ascensions.

You just have to be a little bit off the ground. Kazuha's Skill can trigger it if timed correctly as can standing on Geo MC's or Zhongli's constructs and I'm sure it's the same for Albedo.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
Yoimiya's ult will also trigger the Ruin Hunter transform, which is pretty handy.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
Venti's E will trigger it too. I'd have to play with it, but I wouldn't be suprised if Bennet's hold E could get it also.

Ask me about maining Xiao and having grand time running into one of those without an archer :mad:

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xun posted:

https://www.mdbg.net/chinese/dictionary?page=worddict&wdrst=0&wdqtm=0&wdqcham=1&wdqt=%E5%88%BB%E6%99%B4+

I wouldnt say so but judge for yourself I guess :shrug: (hover over the >> arrow and theres a little speaker that'll say the word)

Somewhat easier guide to full word:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p10yiwULJA8&t=287s

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
At some point I hope we figure out a 2nd 4* team that can match the synergy of the national team.

Yanfei / Fischl.... Kaeya / Diona? But no... superconduct reactions would ruin dual cryo.
Yanfei / Fischl / Electro MC / Noelle with support Fischl and full crimson Yanfei, both needing EM.
Barbara / Beido / Fischl / Sucrose electro-charged DPS swirlnado? Silly enough to work maybe.

Kinda hard to make a 2nd 4* team that can match the national team. XL/XQ/Bennett are too good.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Yanfei Fischl Beidou Sucrose is probably your best bet.
Mostly just a beidou carry team so it's cheap to build since everyone else can stay fairly underleveled.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

once the new artifact set is out i bet barbara/fishl/beidou/sucrose will be okay if you don't own kokomi

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Idk what happened but my childe team freaking sucks. I struggled for like an hour then streaked all nine stars with the sucrose/beidou/fischl/xingqiu comp. I think it needs a favonious weapon real bad.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You can actually just start 12-3 then immediately run away from it towards the down stairs. It will get mad and fly up. Not sure whether that can be used in the overworld tho.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You can literally clear dps check floors with just sucrose fishl

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a good way to tell if you landed a perfect parry with beidou other than just checking the damage? It seems like her Lightning Storm passive isn't working.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Xun posted:

https://www.mdbg.net/chinese/dictionary?page=worddict&wdrst=0&wdqtm=0&wdqcham=1&wdqt=%E5%88%BB%E6%99%B4+

I wouldnt say so but judge for yourself I guess :shrug: (hover over the >> arrow and theres a little speaker that'll say the word)

I remember Paimon saying it like that in the Guoba event. I trust Paimon

I've got myself a rank five katsuragikiri nagamasa. Let's all hope I manage to roll Sayu, hey

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Acerbatus posted:

Is there a good way to tell if you landed a perfect parry with beidou other than just checking the damage? It seems like her Lightning Storm passive isn't working.

Her stance and the effects around her intensify with each stage on the parry. Try watching carefully when you hold her parry in a grassfire or something.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Sucrose and Fischl are the true power couple.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Sanctum posted:

Kinda hard to make a 2nd 4* team that can match the national team. XL/XQ/Bennett are too good.

Razor
Fischl/Beidou
Diona
Rosaria/Kaeya

This team relies on physical damage, so it will do great against everything except the robots in 12-3.

There are some other teams you can go for that forget about healing and just go for all offense. I bet Sucrose/Fishcl/Beidou/Thoma will be pretty sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Tarezax posted:

Her stance and the effects around her intensify with each stage on the parry. Try watching carefully when you hold her parry in a grassfire or something.

if you get a perfect parry (or a fully charged parry), the screen will darken slightly when beidou swings her sword.

You don't get a parry if you just tap the slash, you have to hold it long enough for her to start guarding, then release AS you get hit. Its not a preemptive thing.