Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

I haven't smoked weed that bad since the last time I hung out in eastern Europe lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/im_mender_/status/1455199125612503045

I don't know about you but I inherently trust anything made by Gamers

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's just like in the show, the winner takes it all. Don't know what 'investors' expected here.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

mycomancy posted:

It all looks like industrial hemp ready for processing.

Up until May of this year (see below) whenever you did cannabis research in the US, you had to use cannabis from one research facility, which (the cannabis) was known to be poo poo. See paper.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8544287/

quote:

Currently in the United States, the sole licensed facility to cultivate Cannabis sativa L. for research purposes is the University of Mississippi, which is funded by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA). Studies researching Cannabis flower consumption rely on NIDA-supplied “research grade marijuana.” Previous research found that cannabinoid levels of NIDA-supplied Cannabis do not align with commercially available Cannabis. We sought to investigate the genetic identity of Cannabis supplied by NIDA relative to common categories within the species. This is the first genetic study to include “research grade marijuana” from NIDA. Samples (49) were assigned as Wild Hemp (feral; 6) and Cultivated Hemp (3), NIDA (2), CBD drug type (3), and high THC drug type subdivided into Sativa (11), Hybrid (14), and Indica (10). Ten microsatellites targeting neutral non-coding regions were used. Clustering and genetic distance analyses support a division between hemp and drug-type Cannabis. All hemp samples clustered genetically, but no clear distinction of Sativa, Hybrid, and Indica subcategories within retail marijuana samples was found. Interestingly, the two analyzed “research grade marijuana” samples obtained from NIDA were genetically distinct from most drug-type Cannabis available from retail dispensaries. Although the sample size was small, “research grade marijuana” provided for research is genetically distinct from most retail drug-type Cannabis that patients and patrons are consuming.

https://norml.org/blog/2021/10/29/a...lable-cannabis/

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/05/30/1000867189/after-50-years-u-s-opens-the-door-to-more-cannabis-crops-for-scientists

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
On the dole getting giant blocks of government weed. Thanks obama

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
*Pulls mass of hair and detritus from sink drain*

"Excuse me, high times? Have I got a strain for you!"

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

is that the kind of poo poo that cheech and chong had to put up with

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I remember my mom telling me that they used to smoke the leaves and the rest of the drat plant too back in the day and now I know why I guess.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
you can laugh but that 1977 weed would work way better if you needed to fashion a rope or a sheet of fabric

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I had friends who were weed smokers in 1977, and it was a multi-stage process. First you hand-picked all the stems out, then you sifted it to separate the seeds, then you burned what was left. If you were organized, you found something to do with the stems and planted the seeds. Sinsemilla (what we now call flower) was a super luxury item.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Shame Boy posted:

https://twitter.com/im_mender_/status/1455199125612503045

I don't know about you but I inherently trust anything made by Gamers

I know the main thing I want from a currency is to be unable to trade it for goods and services.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Thanatosian posted:

I know the main thing I want from a currency is to be unable to trade it for goods and services.

that's how you lock in that it always goes up

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

lmao that's a hell of a fine print

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I had friends who were weed smokers in 1977, and it was a multi-stage process. First you hand-picked all the stems out, then you sifted it to separate the seeds, then you burned what was left. If you were organized, you found something to do with the stems and planted the seeds. Sinsemilla (what we now call flower) was a super luxury item.

sounds lame as gently caress.

if you need me I'll be completely horizontal tipping an opium pipe up to my pursed lips.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

CNN is calling the Squid thing fraud/ theft but come on

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Meme Policeman blaming high baby formula prices on WIC and shoplifters-

https://twitter.com/PolicemanMeme/status/1455174174830379009?t=Kw6KRcTNqCAInB_9enz3nA&s=19

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
Bosses are NOT stealing my labor value, but why can't I afford to survive when I work non stop? The question became far more interesting than I thought before I researched this lousy Marx.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Panfilo posted:

https://twitter.com/PolicemanMeme/status/1455174174830379009?t=Kw6KRcTNqCAInB_9enz3nA&s=19

Operation Hot Milk

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

The Nastier Nate posted:

Operation Hot Milk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEIMasyqoeo&t=20s

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Panfilo posted:

Yes it's the stealing and black markets that lead to high prices and locked cases, not the other way around. I am very smart.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I feel like that meme police account exists for the sole purpose of getting people to rage-link it to each other and everyone's falling for it

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Panfilo posted:

Yeah WIC is to blame man how dare poor people be able to afford formula

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
https://twitter.com/PolicemanMeme/status/1446208492851826692

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

it absolutely is a small amount of money what the gently caress

e: ooh I see it’s like a bot programmed directly by capitalism got it

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Shame Boy posted:

I feel like that meme police account exists for the sole purpose of getting people to rage-link it to each other and everyone's falling for it

They are really fixated on 'The other 98%' group which posts left leaning memes. My guess is that it was some pedantic libertarian that got laughed out of discussions and got really salty about it.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Panfilo posted:

They are really fixated on 'The other 98%' group which posts left leaning memes. My guess is that it was some pedantic libertarian that got laughed out of discussions and got really salty about it.

Ah, the SA off-site phenomenon.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

When you think about it, giving your money to BRAND is the best way to take down the man

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Danaru posted:

When you think about it, giving your money to BRAND is the best way to take down the man

Haven't you ever watched ads? Counter culture and rebellion is defined by what BRAND you buy and display the logo of.

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
Capitalism.png: Crossing the picket line to put management in a pickle

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Shame Boy posted:

have you ever seen that meme that goes "hey everybody look at how R-Worded I am" "gently caress off" "joke's on them i was only pretending"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

World War Mammories posted:

have you ever seen that meme that goes "hey everybody look at how R-Worded I am" "gently caress off" "joke's on them i was only pretending"

Sure, idk if this is exactly that situation though. Like it's clearly run by someone who believes it, it's just also really obvious bait.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Raldikuk posted:

Yeah WIC is to blame man how dare poor people be able to afford formula

[Makes it impossible to survive even with two incomes]

Why aren't people having kids? :psyduck:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

it's dumb libertarian logic where price is only a product of supply and demand and any government subsidy to help people afford formula fucks up the True demand. if the government removed all its participation in the economy then by definition every price would be 100% perfect, meaning that all profits would be maximized while also 100% meeting the demand of everyone who wants or needs formula or anything else, and there would be no waste either because the free market would find out the exact correct amount to produce

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Shame Boy posted:

Sure, idk if this is exactly that situation though. Like it's clearly run by someone who believes it, it's just also really obvious bait.

They insist they aren't being partisan about the posts, they just hate how dishonest and stupid leftists are, I mean of course he'd totally call out right wing memes if they were as dumb and stupid wrong as lib memes are.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Shame Boy posted:

what I'm trying to get across is that to a great extent it doesn't matter. either they believe it and it's not intended to be bait or they don't and it is intended to be bait, sure - but either way it's incredibly stupid. but of course, the instinct to examine the poop for the exact location of corn kernels in it is very strong, so don't let me stop you

Shear Modulus posted:

it's dumb libertarian logic where price is only a product of supply and demand and any government subsidy to help people afford formula fucks up the True demand. if the government removed all its participation in the economy then by definition every price would be 100% perfect, meaning that all profits would be maximized while also 100% meeting the demand of everyone who wants or needs formula or anything else, and there would be no waste either because the free market would find out the exact correct amount to produce

what really gets my goose about this kinda stuff is the assumption that equilibrium happens quickly. any STEM college student can look up enthalpy in a table and tell you whether a reaction is thermodynamically favorable, but that tells you jack poo poo about how quickly the reaction occurs - you need kinetics for that. and of course kinetics matters very much for whether you get, say, a nice fire for cooking something over an hour versus a catastrophic explosion incinerating everyone in a fraction of a second. these jackass economists pretend that their field is a science and ignore how long it takes such equilibria to occur and whether anyone might get maimed in the process. it's like starting with the insight that thermite has tons of energy in it, and concluding that everyone should carry a kilo on them to ignite when they're chilly

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

. it's like starting with the insight that thermite has tons of energy in it, and concluding that everyone should carry a kilo on them to ignite when they're chilly

Just one kilo has got enough energy to keep you warm for the rest of your life!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

what I'm trying to get across is that to a great extent it doesn't matter. either they believe it and it's not intended to be bait or they don't and it is intended to be bait, sure - but either way it's incredibly stupid. but of course, the instinct to examine the poop for the exact location of corn kernels in it is very strong, so don't let me stop you

I'm saying they believe it and it's intended to be bait, though. Sure they're an idiot with stupid opinions, but they're also a complete inconsequential nobody unless the target audience of angry leftists spreads them around enough. Posting them feels like watching someone try to beat up one of those inflatable punching clowns.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Shame Boy posted:

I'm saying they believe it and it's intended to be bait, though. Sure they're an idiot with stupid opinions, but they're also a complete inconsequential nobody unless the target audience of angry leftists spreads them around enough. Posting them feels like watching someone try to beat up one of those inflatable punching clowns.

"joke's on them i was telling the truth"

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!

Thanatosian posted:

Just one kilo has got enough energy to keep you warm for the rest of your life!

gently caress, just eat it. think of the caloric density!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

what really gets my goose about this kinda stuff is the assumption that equilibrium happens quickly. any STEM college student can look up enthalpy in a table and tell you whether a reaction is thermodynamically favorable, but that tells you jack poo poo about how quickly the reaction occurs - you need kinetics for that. and of course kinetics matters very much for whether you get, say, a nice fire for cooking something over an hour versus a catastrophic explosion incinerating everyone in a fraction of a second. these jackass economists pretend that their field is a science and ignore how long it takes such equilibria to occur and whether anyone might get maimed in the process. it's like starting with the insight that thermite has tons of energy in it, and concluding that everyone should carry a kilo on them to ignite when they're chilly

i think that often they say yes it will be painful but that the pain is necessary because reaching free market perfection is all-important, therefore any transient suffering is justified. this is what the refrain was in shock therapy russia, that yes it'll be tough but the pain is necessary to cleanse the system of inefficiencies. they said it was transient and that fighting against the process by trying to soften the suffering would actually make everything worse and prolong the suffering