Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

it just occurred to me that the entire premise of this hype defies the commonly understood filmwank interpretation that godfather is actually about how its bad to be a gangster and not about how gangsters are cool and awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
The Bobafetter

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

josh04 posted:

why would you ever sit at the head of a table, indoors, wearing a helmet

cause it’s badass

Some Guy TT posted:

embed for those who dont like the twitter videos that make you go to twitter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOJ1cw6mohw

so im sure im going to regret asking this but uhhh didnt boba fett die at the same time and for the same reason jabba did

the force saved him

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Boba Fett chilled out in the Sarlacc for a while, then he got out for some reason. he's fine now don't worry about it.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I would only watch a Boba Fett series if it followed the exploits of this guy

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

indigi posted:

cause it’s badass

he looks like a bucket fell on him

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
apparently bobba fett ate his way out of the sarlacc

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

he ate the sarlussy….

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I would only watch a Boba Fett series if it followed the exploits of this guy

bob fett

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
boba fett don't talk to my space wife!!!

Serf
May 5, 2011

boba fett is great because there's nothing to imply that he's as cool as people built him up to be. when i was a kid reading the comics i tried to explain it to my dad, who got me into star wars, and he was just like "all he did was get killed by han solo by accident" and at the time i couldn't understand why he didn't get it lol

even in the prequels they bring in jango fett who has a pretty clumsy fight with obi-wan and then gets his head cut off immediately towards the end. felt like at that point lucas was leaning into the joke

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

so im sure im going to regret asking this but uhhh didnt boba fett die at the same time and for the same reason jabba did

Eltingville Club had the best answer:
https://youtu.be/0Zcstud7PPE?t=1244

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
he wears cool armor and darth vader calls him out specifically among the group of badass bounty hunters as the most badass because he admonishes boba fett "no disintegrations." he's also the only one smart enough to track down han solo to cloud city. then when they catch han and the gang boba fett is standing next to darth vader, implying that he's on the same level of badassness

then, okay yeah, in return of the jedi all he does it get killed

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Serf posted:

boba fett is great because there's nothing to imply that he's as cool as people built him up to be. when i was a kid reading the comics i tried to explain it to my dad, who got me into star wars, and he was just like "all he did was get killed by han solo by accident" and at the time i couldn't understand why he didn't get it lol

even in the prequels they bring in jango fett who has a pretty clumsy fight with obi-wan and then gets his head cut off immediately towards the end. felt like at that point lucas was leaning into the joke

he's the beginning of the cool toy being more important than their actual story. idk why Batman needs to have a special Lava-resistant batsuit, DAD, I just know it looks better than the 8 Batmans I currently have.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the last star wars action figure i managed to not lose and retain into adulthood was that dumb lizard bounty hunter. i don't even know his name. you're bad at your job you lovely lizard.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

robert fett, space accountant

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

robert fett, space accountant

has anyone seen my blaster? it's an EE-3 carbine.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

release the villenueve cut

https://twitter.com/solacecinema/status/1454114068097343490

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

all of that seems good and important, he got a mandated studio runtime and doesn’t want to throw them under the bus

Serf
May 5, 2011

only put in the thufir scene

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Aglet56 posted:

he wears cool armor and darth vader calls him out specifically among the group of badass bounty hunters as the most badass because he admonishes boba fett "no disintegrations." he's also the only one smart enough to track down han solo to cloud city. then when they catch han and the gang boba fett is standing next to darth vader, implying that he's on the same level of badassness

then, okay yeah, in return of the jedi all he does it get killed

lol

poor rotj

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i was joking with a friend the other day that soon we're going to get it's a small world after all and big thunder mountain railroad and space mountain movie adaptations and hey guess what they are actually doing just that

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1455229688398290948

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Yeah watching Star Wars way later I never got the boba fett hype. He was always just an elevated mook. Guess pop culture moved at a glacial pace pre internet.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

God drat it this fucker better make an exception and put out an extended cut, even stuff like that banquet scene is the poo poo I wanna see

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
also they needed to show more instances of Jessica demonstrating her BG ninja chops.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

see this is the kind of stuff I wanted included, especially more Paul/Jessica interaction. should have cut some of the action/sequel-worldbuilding to include this human stuff

e: you can leave out Gom Jabbar - EXTENDED and Duncan Idaho Goes store The Desert though

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i was joking with a friend the other day that soon we're going to get it's a small world after all and big thunder mountain railroad and space mountain movie adaptations and hey guess what they are actually doing just that

drat. lost another good one to the Disney machine. I hope he finds it fulfilling cause I know the checks are nice

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
wow cool, now we're going to have two separate shows about nearly identical helmeted bounty hunters. Very nice, I can still see room for a prequel show about Jango

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
he already did a marvel movie, he'll be fine and richer than he was.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Serf posted:

in the comics boba fett actually lived because star wars is dumb. i think they brought that back in the mandalorian? i can't remember

Star Wars Expanded Universe stuff was at its best pulp sci-fi and at its worst comic-book kind of plot bullshit. Palpatine came back 3 more goddamn times and then finally died when someone got in his way of possessing a baby.

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
tower of terror actually was already a (tv) movie; it was a disney channel original where this family goes to a haunted hotel and the kids learn more about the backstory of some family of ghosts that live in the hotel and stuff like that

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Knock it off and make We're Wolves you bastard

Why do this don't you already have all the money :(

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

The movie ended up pretty good but yeah I wouldn't mind a LOTR style extended edition with that stuff in it

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Also I saw the preview to the new Robert Pattinson Batman movie and man does it look like a bad retread of The Dark Knight only even darker and grimier

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

he already did a marvel movie, he'll be fine and richer than he was.

he’s done two marvel movies and signed on for more + a Star Wars + this + Flash Gordon (owned by Fox)

e: I’m sure they’ll all be well done but I’d prefer another Taika original to five IP adaptations. isn’t he supposed to be doing Akira too

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

he was also in free guy

https://twitter.com/freeguymovie/status/1420836705506979840

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
you're not allowed to be successful nowadays without being grabbed up by the mouse and put to work in the garbage mines

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Feldegast42 posted:

The movie ended up pretty good but yeah I wouldn't mind a LOTR style extended edition with that stuff in it

Started re-reading the book recently and it's interesting to compare to the movie (which I enjoyed).

The book definitely has a lot more exposition although the movie has like 20 minutes of story before the gom jabbar scene while the book goes to it almost immediately. You don't really need to extend that scene though since Paul basically summarizes everything from the book in a few sentences in the movie.

I would be interested in an extended cut but as is I feel like the movie is a pretty good adaptation of the book.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Didn't someone post the pic of his threesome with his cast quarantining while his wife was taking care of his failson or what not? American's just love nonwhite people who smile and act happy in expressive manner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Femur posted:

Didn't someone post the pic of his threesome with his cast quarantining while his wife was taking care of his failson or what not? American's just love nonwhite people who smile and act happy in expressive manner.

this sounds like a dream you had