Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Grammarchist posted:

I love that one of the defining moments of Cain's life is his faithful, null aide accidentally cock blocking him by showing up with tea and revealing all the women at some bordello as Slaanesh cultists. I'd read a whole series based on Jurgen unknowingly foiling Chaos plots while foraging for tea bags, half-eaten sandwiches and grenades. I guess that's technically the Cain series, but whatever.

Jurgen did get his own short story at one point, but I can't remember the name of on the top of my head. But as I recall the plot of it is pretty much that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

Eediot Jedi posted:

Which of the purple contrasts are good? Looking for a nice imperial purple.

None of them for what you're after. Magos Purple is a skintone, Vulpus Pink is a dark pink, and Shyish Purple is almost black, ultra pigment dense. I love Magos Purple and use it all the time for, like, armpits and eye shadows, and vulpus pink is one-stop monster mouths, but none of them are good coverage royal purples.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/11/01/da-red-gobbo-is-here-to-lead-da-christmas-revolushun-with-an-exclusive-new-miniature

To no one's great surprise (probably), the model teased on saturday turned out to be the Da Red Gobbo. This time, he's on a squig.

However what is surprising is that we also get a book about him, written by Mike Brooks.

Considering Brooks previous Ork book was well received this bodes well.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

But does he include rules for both AoS and 40k? Because that's awesome if he does.

abravemoose
Jul 2, 2021

Randalor posted:

But does he include rules for both AoS and 40k? Because that's awesome if he does.

At least 40k but straight to Legends if the previous model is an indication.

Also the Cain series is great, as predictable as they are. I enjoy how lighthearted and amusing it is.

Here's some Plague Marines I finished.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Randalor posted:

Seems at least 40k:

quote:

His gun isn’t just for show, either – Da Red Gobbo comes with a datasheet that lets you add him to your Warhammer 40,000 army in games that use Power Level. If you’d like to use him in points-based games, keep an eye out for White Dwarf 471, which will include a points value for this valiant grot and his ornery mount in a Warhammer Legends** datasheet.

Also, hello thread. I have been lurking for a bit, having realized I had not made a bad life decision in a while, and recently picked up the Kill Team Octarius box, and some other stuff. So now I guess I have a backlog...

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
He probably won't have AoS rules, unless they model him with options to drop the Tech-y bits, but I wouldn't hesitate a moment to proxy him as a loonboss.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Desfore posted:

He probably won't have AoS rules, unless they model him with options to drop the Tech-y bits, but I wouldn't hesitate a moment to proxy him into a grot army somehow.

To be fair AoS has a couple of "techy" armies. Like the gun could easily be something nicked from the dwarfs

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/11/01/fight-for-the-fate-of-terra-with-the-two-incredibly-powerful-new-heroes-in-shadow-throne/

Shadow Throne preview for the new characters. Which also includes a mention it'll go up on pre-order next month.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/11/01/fight-for-the-fate-of-terra-with-the-two-incredibly-powerful-new-heroes-in-shadow-throne/

Shadow Throne preview for the new characters. Which also includes a mention it'll go up on pre-order next month.

I wish GW was more clear at writing rules. I can't figure out if that last line of Clandestine also requires the model to be in an Area terrain feature, or the model always has a -1 to incoming hit rolls even if it's not in Area terrain. I feel like I've seen GW clarify both ways with FAQs in the past.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm reading "always has -1, cannot target if in area terrain unless within 12""

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'm reading "always has -1, cannot target if in area terrain unless within 12""

That's how I read it. Arguably you should have those sentences the other way around as it would make it clearer as you can say "Additionally, if this model is in area terrain"

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Eediot Jedi posted:

Magos purple is good. Shyish is very dark.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
That new remote explosive is pretty cool , to bad it's a char so you can't have a unit shooting no los , D1 as well. The mine thing is pretty bad though - marines have it and never use it.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
Lol just seen that Custodes character has a leadership of 11. I mean why.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Thanqol posted:

None of them for what you're after. Magos Purple is a skintone, Vulpus Pink is a dark pink, and Shyish Purple is almost black, ultra pigment dense. I love Magos Purple and use it all the time for, like, armpits and eye shadows, and vulpus pink is one-stop monster mouths, but none of them are good coverage royal purples.

jassi007 posted:

Magos purple is good. Shyish is very dark.

Thanks.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Kitchner posted:

interactions with dark eldar?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Kitchner posted:

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Have you considered buying pigments and creating your own paint?

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I painted my first plague marine! The helmet isn't quite where I'd like, but I'm reasonably satisfied with the rest of it to the point that I'm going to batch paint the rest of my plague marines with this scheme. If I learn anything while doing so, I'll update the scheme when I get to my terminators and HQs.

It feels really cool to paint a model and be reasonably happy with the results. :)

Eediot Jedi posted:

I'm not really sure if it's helpful, but the cloak on this dude was Daemonette Hide basecoat and then covered with Magos Purple. I tried doing some highlights with more Daemonette and shading with Shyish. Shyish is super dark. I originally did a Wraithbone undercoat with Shyish contrast but it was practically black.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Spanish Manlove posted:

interactions with dark eldar?

And, presumably, to prevent him from getting one-turned by a Patriarch with Mental Onslaught.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

The Kingfish posted:

And, presumably, to prevent him from getting one-turned by a Patriarch with Mental Onslaught.

Do patriarchs even exist anymore? Thought they all got turned into broodlords.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Kitchner posted:

Because Custodes are cool as gently caress

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Z the IVth posted:

Do patriarchs even exist anymore? Thought they all got turned into broodlords.

Broodlords are Tyranids, patriarchs are genestealer cults

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Kitchner posted:

Ah yeah totally forgot about that, I guess all of Abnett's characters gently caress.

Like I said, yeah they are predictable but I still love them anyway.

That being said, having read all like what? 12 novels? They are starting to bore me a little now. Mostly just because they've done most of the bad guys and it's starting to feel like not just the plot is recycled but the setting/villain of the week too.

The last one felt super phoned it in.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Eediot Jedi posted:

You actually might have better luck combining blood angels red and one of the blue contrasts, like talassar.

edit: Just tried it out, you get a very dark rich purple, that could be "brightened" by mixing in some contrast medium.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Kitchner posted:

I assume this means that Trajann will have 12 leadership. Unless they're happy with this guy being a better leader than the faction leader.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Verisimilidude posted:

You actually might have better luck combining blood angels red and one of the blue contrasts, like talassar.

edit: Just tried it out, you get a very dark rich purple, that could be "brightened" by mixing in some contrast medium.

What happens when you mix blood angels red and apothecary white?

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Gunder posted:

I assume this means that Trajann will have 12 leadership. Unless they're happy with this guy being a better leader than the faction leader.

It's even better than that, in Crusade games your warlord has to be the model with the highest leadership. Not only does this mean the Astra Militarum always have to be lead by any Commissars that tag along but now it means that dude is in charge of all Custodes forces he is in.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Spanish Manlove posted:

What happens when you mix blood angels red and apothecary white?

Sanguinary Priest Pink

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Broodlords are Tyranids, patriarchs are genestealer cults

I am still unclear why they are different. Like, not in game terms, in fiction terms. Broodlords were the genestealer leadership, before Cults returned, so some novels have genestealer cults bring lead by broodlords while others have patriarchs. It's confusing.

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Nov 2, 2021

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Dont they use extremely similar models as well?

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I ordered some Eldar Rangers to use for Kill Team, and holy poo poo this resin is even worse then I expected. I heard the Finecast stories, but these really are terrible. I snapped two gun barrels off just by brushing against them with my hand. The other barrels are all curved, so I'm hoping the hot water trick works, although considering GW resin seems to be made of at least 50% chalk, they might just dissolve.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Improbable Lobster posted:

I am still unclear why they are different. Like, not in game terms, in fiction terms. Broodlords were the genestealer leadership, before Cults returned, so some novels have genestealer cults bring lead by broodlords while others have patriarchs. It's confusing.

Background wise, a patriarch's a regular genestealer grown big on a few centuries of leading a cult and their psychic energy while broodlords are created as is as sort of super genestealers, like if genestealers are human, a broodlord's a space marine.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Tommunist posted:

Have you considered buying pigments and creating your own paint?

I will not join your paint pigment pyramid scheme.

Verisimilidude posted:

This was my next stop thanks for the trip report.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I am not sure exactly what you're looking for in purple, but I will note that Reaper has some varied purple-hue triads that I am pretty happy with and are easier than mixing!

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

I'm doing some purple cloaks and wanted a rich imperial/royal purple contrast because I'm lazy and putting this zenithal to work. Mixing contrast is easy as, DON'T put them in droppers, pop the bottle, slant it backwards/slightly to the side, twist the lid further down and a drop or two will run off. Strangely more consistent than droppers.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Improbable Lobster posted:

Broodlords are "just" big Genestealer pack leaders, Patriarchs are big Genestealer pack leaders with centuries of individual, lived experience.

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021
Can anyone help me? I am looking for a good YouTube that talks about Eldar lore (not humans). I was listening to some guy but unfortunately he goes off on too many tangents.

A YouTube channel or maybe even an audiobook…thanks…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I got drunk and now a Be'lakor, a Keeper of Secrets, and a Lord of Change are on their way to my house so I guess I'm a monster masher now.

I'm not a very creative painter and I would like them to really pop. I'm thinking about using color shift on the big birds wings, maybe using metallics on the keeper of secrets flesh and flesh tones on the metallics but I'm afraid it would look awful instead of weird. Just something to make them look truly like shifting, immutable entities from hell. What are some good ways to communicate that