Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
hot take: chiefs defense is dogshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

keep jon on imo

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I want to watch this Manningcast but I hate the horrible Zoom interrupting

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

bean mom posted:

keep jon on imo

Jon and Marshawn

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Jon and Marshawn

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

how does spag still have a job.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

AndrewP posted:

I want to watch this Manningcast but I hate the horrible Zoom interrupting

Yeah…it’s a bit hard to listen to sometimes, depending on how much the guest wants to be the star of it.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Jon and Marshawn

Give me an unedited feed with Marshawn, and give him some Hennessey and edibles.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

they should get some old teammates on like Jeff Saturday and "Dammit" Donald Brown

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

bean mom posted:

i really do truly think beyond memeing that parts of his game have finally be able to be schemed against

The most significant thing I'd say that gets schemed against is his tendency to backpedal waiting for routes to develop in long down and distance. Just realizing if you push upfield on the pass rush and you're gonna get past the tackle who is trying to create a pocket and at the least make Mahomes run around. Other than that there's a lot of weirdness going on and some trying to do too much because the Chiefs defense does things like what they're doing now consistently.

They're taking away (or attempting to take away) deep stuff but he's not done bad picking that apart underneath so much as just had everything go wrong at every opportunity in a really weird way. Along with a few significant versions of the trying to do too much bit of things.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

really queer Christmas posted:

how does spag still have a job.

How dare you doubt the NFL meritocracy

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Eli owns

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Lol at the Mannings making GBS threads on Garrett

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Orlando Brown's whole game in Baltimore was to push the defender in a wide arc around the pocket which always seemed like a poor fit for Mahomes drifting back a mile before uncorking one

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, haven't thought of Kyle Rudolph in a while.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Mystic Stylez posted:

Lol at the Mannings making GBS threads on Garrett

I mean, everyone should poo poo on Jason Garrett

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Disgusting :barf:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Game is... good?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Uh oh, Jason Garrett’s figured out the Chiefs defense.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I appreciate Jon Stewart keeping his end of the bargain by doing the whitest guy dance.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

dumbest man figured out the worlds simplest puzzle

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Chiefs defense lmao

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

blow this garbage defense up

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

The most significant thing I'd say that gets schemed against is his tendency to backpedal waiting for routes to develop in long down and distance. Just realizing if you push upfield on the pass rush and you're gonna get past the tackle who is trying to create a pocket and at the least make Mahomes run around. Other than that there's a lot of weirdness going on and some trying to do too much because the Chiefs defense does things like what they're doing now consistently.

They're taking away (or attempting to take away) deep stuff but he's not done bad picking that apart underneath so much as just had everything go wrong at every opportunity in a really weird way. Along with a few significant versions of the trying to do too much bit of things.

i think the trick is NOT making mahomes run around, he's too good at throwing on the run, and people keep losing coverage trying to break off to pursue him, just pen him up and wait for him to get greedy and or the OL to break down so the tiny pass rush can finally get home

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

really queer Christmas posted:

dumbest man figured out the worlds simplest puzzle

:hmmyes:

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

This could totally be selection bias but I don't remember him just straight throwing the ball into the dirt a lot like this season. He usually would find someone open in some magical way (or even rush for a first down) that doesn't seem to be happening a ton this year like it used to

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Boom, just like that, Giants are back

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

edit I'm an idiot

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Figured out one of the worst defenses of all time? The man's a genius!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Well that wasn't good, ha.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Mahomes needs LASIK or something

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Peyton hands on head at that almost-interception.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
That was almost a clean pick.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

So does this count as an INT if the fuckery ones don't

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

bean mom posted:

i think the trick is NOT making mahomes run around, he's too good at throwing on the run, and people keep losing coverage trying to break off to pursue him, just pen him up and wait for him to get greedy and or the OL to break down so the tiny pass rush can finally get home

like play him like you would play lamar jackson, both of them are utterly deadly if they get mobile but in different ways

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Mahomes is seeing ghosts

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Mystic Stylez posted:

So does this count as an INT if the fuckery ones don't

none of the ints count, mahomes is perfect of course

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Mr. Nice! posted:

Figured out one of the worst defenses of all time? The man's a genius!

I never implied he was smart, let alone a genius.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
:( what happened to pat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
85 has to be kicking himself so bad for not recovering that muff.