Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

https://slate.com/business/2021/05/ford-f150-lightning-electric-weight.html

quote:

This sucker’s heavy, too. The Lightning weighs 6,500 pounds—more than 35 percent more than the gas-powered model. That’s in large part because of an immovable weight at its core: an 1,800-pound battery. Part of that is just the nature of electric vehicles: The Tesla Model 3 weighs 1,000 pounds more than a Honda Civic. The more luxurious Tesla Model S weighs 1,200 pounds more than a Lexus ES 350.

But when the car is as big as an F-150, apparently, the weight gain gets bigger. When rival GMC’s electric Hummer hits lots, that behemoth will weigh more than 9,000 pounds.

lmfao

for reference a 2022 escalade is 5532 pounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

When you dont know how buses work

https://twitter.com/gregkellyusa/status/1455180510418907149

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

another glorious victory for the all powerful bicycle lobby

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

sat on my keys! posted:

another glorious victory for the all powerful bicycle lobby

you say this while he's literally posting for the uber lobby

https://twitter.com/gregkellyusa/status/1455178293989330947

is it too many stops, or not enough stops? who knows??

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

Lol, the new rolling coal is gonna be brake dust, lmao.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i wanted to go hiking today so i had to spend three hours in car and i hated every second of it. not even worth it. dumb rear end country

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

https://twitter.com/gregkellyusa/status/1455278978097467395?s=21

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

oh now I'm not going to be able to sleep!!

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Cat Puke posted:

Lol, the new rolling coal is gonna be brake dust, lmao.

Regenerative braking :whatup:

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

who the hell is greg kelly, who the hell is brandon, and where am i

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

$130B earmarked in Biden's bill for roads and EV charging stations, plus however much the $12500 tax credit on people buying new EVs going to cost

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

bike lanes pls

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
"I never thought leopards would eat my face!"

https://twitter.com/motorisms/status/1455169618524393474?t=qVsUDBOMbw1G4_scN7Cpaw&s=19

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

:sickos:

the statistical abnormality is so freakishly high it was bound to do this...and will do this again to some car-hating* politician

*whatever dipshit lobbyist told the flesh golem to believe

Peragus
Sep 13, 2011

lmao

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

cool av posted:

$130B earmarked in Biden's bill for roads and EV charging stations, plus however much the $12500 tax credit on people buying new EVs going to cost

Instead of 12,500 dollar tax credit for electric vehicles, just add a $12,500 federal transfer tax for all Gas vehicles, used or new.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
kinda weird how there's a huge tax credit for electric vehicles but none for the vehicles that don't use any electricity or fossil fuels at all.

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Instead of 12,500 dollar tax credit for electric vehicles, just add a $12,500 federal transfer tax for all Gas vehicles, used or new.

:chloe:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Dolphin posted:

kinda weird how there's a huge tax credit for electric vehicles but none for the vehicles that don't use any electricity or fossil fuels at all.

yeah if the govt cared they would make a decent bicycle and bits free

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

cool av posted:

can't wait for whatever little bike and walking space we've made to be removed to put in chargers everywhere

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

they put some chargers in the perpetually empty bank of america parking lot down the hill from me and they lasted all of one day before their fancy touch screen interfaces were smashed in rendering them useless. afaik theyre still there months later. took months to install them a the major portion of which blocked off the adjacent sidewalk

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

cool av posted:

$130B earmarked in Biden's bill for roads and EV charging stations

lol what a waste of money

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/WorldBollard/status/1455208616546422784

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

dont mess with texas bitch

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

https://twitter.com/DigitalSciGuy/status/1455297043040194562

eat poo poo cagers!!

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Lmao, the next tweet:

https://twitter.com/DigitalSciGuy/status/1455297177371168775?s=20

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
ONLY

BUS

should be painted in every street

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

the bitcoin of weed posted:

you say this while he's literally posting for the uber lobby

https://twitter.com/gregkellyusa/status/1455178293989330947

is it too many stops, or not enough stops? who knows??

uh standing with one foot on the articulation and the other on one of the two sections was 90% of my childhood bus rides and it ruled

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

some of the newer buses have circular railings all the way around so you can pretend it's a starship bridge

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

lol pulling the McNulty "no I'm right and physics are wrong" move except twice.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

how did that dumbass not realize they had gone up over a curb lol. trucks really should require special licenses to drive. but they should also be illegal, along with cars, for personal transport.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

how did that dumbass not realize they had gone up over a curb lol. trucks really should require special licenses to drive. but they should also be illegal, along with cars, for personal transport.

they like going over the curb. it's why they bought the truck -- to crush everything like a tank. but really they also probably weren't able to navigate that bog standard drive-through curve because their truck is too big for their driving skills

people in oversized SUVs and trucks will wave me through stops sometimes because they know they can't make a turn without coming into my lane

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I worry that parking lot design will start accounting for these vehicles and making everything twice as big, covering even more of the world with parking

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

bagual posted:

ONLY

BUS

should be painted in every street

then replace the bus lanes with trains 😈

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i live in texas and have bad news for you: new parking lots are absolutely accounting for gigantic vehicles by becoming even bigger. i drive a little car so it makes parking very easy for me at least lol

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
it should be legal to hunt cars for sport

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

lobster shirt posted:

i live in texas and have bad news for you: new parking lots are absolutely accounting for gigantic vehicles by becoming even bigger. i drive a little car so it makes parking very easy for me at least lol

in spite of these accommodations, they still take up two spots somehow? As if they're doing it on purpose?

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Fitzy Fitz posted:

they like going over the curb. it's why they bought the truck -- to crush everything like a tank. but really they also probably weren't able to navigate that bog standard drive-through curve because their truck is too big for their driving skills

people in oversized SUVs and trucks will wave me through stops sometimes because they know they can't make a turn without coming into my lane

Not worrying about potholes would be sweet

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

lil poopendorfer posted:

Not worrying about potholes would be sweet

sometimes I wonder how much of our "crumbling infrastruture!" epidemic is related to what I qualitatively see as a massive increase in total weight that is put on roads, between the inflation of truck/SUV sizes and the decline of rail in favor of semis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I have been cutting through my office building's parking garage (built 1960, very narrow) to get to lunch and with all of the renovations going on in the building it is crammed full of massive pickup trucks that are all parked with the side mirrors 1-2 inches from each other. I think the drivers must be climbing in and out through the back windows.

withak has issued a correction as of 16:46 on Nov 2, 2021