Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I wonder who he thought he was emailing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wonder what would have happened if the rescue mission was for Joshy and the auction mission was for the church.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Also a long time listener didn't know they were married?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Anyone else having to really fight the urge to tell them about Brazilian football legend Socrates or is that just me?

I immediately thought "this bit isn't going to work for me".

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Latest TAZ:

I predicted a giant squid after Clint rolled a 1 but I think the squid is the bouncer for the auction.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
Aha there is a McElroy discussion thread! So what do you all think of Travis' character in Ethersea? Devo has been very annoying for me to listen to, personally, to the point where I've had to actually stop the episode and come back later a few times.

Much like the Graduation, I feel like Travis is WAY too heavy handed with pretty much every character beat, and mixed with his zany accent it's gotten kind of ridiculous. Like maybe the "special sad character who's openly antagonistic to the DM's plot" hits a little too close to home because Ive had to manage similar personalities in my campaigns before? And in my experience no one really likes playing with characters like that because they steamroll ALL the other players and plot devices to remind everyone how special/sad their character is.

It's to the point where I audibly sigh or mutter "Yeah, we get it" under my breath every time he comes out with just how emotional Devo is because it's so put-on. I dunno, I'll keep plowing on cause Ethersea is shaping up to be my favorite setting-wise, but I was interested to see what other listeners thought!

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Maybe skim the last couple of pages before you dive into an 86 page thread, as it's something we've discussed. Short version: with some exceptions, most people like Devo and think Travis is doing a good job this season.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think one problem people have with the heavy Devo at the start was the GMs fault. Griffin gave one church mission where someone might die soon vs. four missions where no lives were immediately at stake.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Every actual play podcast starts out entertaining and funny and by twenty or thirty episodes in is just a sad sack group therapy session

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
I'm totally all for people using roleplaying as a way to work through stuff, I think what gets me is how Travis has to announce all his characters emotions rather than play them out. So like "Now Devo is sad! Now he's mad! He's doing this cause he's frustrated!" It's like, just play the game man.

Like his whole taking a loan out/splitting the money thing when they went to the shop the first time was suuuuuuper awkward.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
This may be too far down the road of McElroy Adjacency, but I dunno if anyone has posted the Tom Cardy / Montaigne joint from last week.

I watched it with my 2yo and afterwards she was chanting "Hu-man Centipede! Hu-man Centipede!" during bedtime which thankfully my wife did not ask me to explain.

edit: i didn't know they actually mentioned it at the end of the podcast so it's not that too far off i suppose

Sivart13 fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Nov 2, 2021

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Sivart13 posted:

This may be too far down the road of McElroy Adjacency, but I dunno if anyone has posted the Tom Cardy / Montaigne joint from last week.

I watched it with my 2yo and afterwards she was chanting "Hu-man Centipede! Hu-man Centipede!" during bedtime which thankfully my wife did not ask me to explain.

careful, this is how fetishes are born

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I just finished the Ethernet Prologue and got to them introducing their characters and… oh no at Travis’ choice of accent.

I laughed at the “you get one cough chance to change it”

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

Sivart13 posted:

Tom Cardy rules

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Travis’s whole thing works surprisingly well this season. Even dig the accent

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Strong sibling energy in the first half of this week.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Sounds like maybe the brothers didn't make it for the Til Death Do Us Blart recording:

I don't listen to Worst Idea of All Time, but those who do say it didn't sound like a bit and that the hosts were pretty frustrated. With the schedules as they are, we'll see how it all comes together.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
That sucks, especially since the brothers are selling deathblart merch now on their shop?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
from reddit

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the part where guy is narrating tim turning on his video and revealing he dressed in a sharp three piece suit for the now-cancelled blart recording was very funny though

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Ah hell bamboozled by time zones again

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Aw nuts. I mean, Thanksgiving isn't for another three weeks, they have plenty of time to re-record. Or they could just both record separate shows and make it a double feature. Still, takes a lot of the wind out of the sails of the podcast's premise. :smith:

Given WIOAT is McElory adjacent worth noting their stuffs also great. Worth checkin' out.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Nov 3, 2021

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Seems a bit odd they couldnt just reschedule and record it another time really, it's not like the podcast needs to be out at a certain date, cause yea the whole point is they do it together whatever happens until well, death.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Looks like they did end up recording it last Thursday. Okay, nothingburger.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Just Chamber posted:

Seems a bit odd they couldnt just reschedule and record it another time really

per the above screenshot, it sounds like they literally already have

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Oh phew. Crisis averted. In that case, looking very much forward to the NZ Rage at them not showing up as previously agreed.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Ah I misread that text and thought they were referring to the already released ep being recorded, phew.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I still haven't listened to last year because I wanted to do the live watch along but I refuse to pay for PB2 and it hasn't been on TV.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I've listened to death blart every year and I never have and never will watch the movie

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

:same: I have an idea of the movie at this point that the real thing will never live up to.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

El Jeffe posted:

:same: I have an idea of the movie at this point that the real thing will never live up to.

I have watched two clips, "marbles" and "glueFOAM"

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I watched the compilation someone put together of Griffin going over Dark Side of the Moon, and that's all I think I'll ever watch.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I think watching it gives good context to the podcast

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I still haven’t listened to the 2016 episode because all podcasts were unbearable in November of that year because everyone was miserable.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I watched We Are Your Friends but I've never watched any of the other Worst Idea movies, I should probably watch Cats though.

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
I usually forget entirely about this until it shows up on my podcast app, but with three weeks' notice I might listen to the previous six episodes in preparation.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

I work in a US broadcast company with regular signals from Australia and that poo poo happens all the time.

Australia is in tomorrow when the US is in PM. Most of our signals start PM.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Australia also has half of the country on day and half of the country not on dst, they have like 5 distinct time zones right now

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

SpacePig posted:

I watched the compilation someone put together of Griffin going over Dark Side of the Moon, and that's all I think I'll ever watch.

How can you not post it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7wyfTsIm1k

Anyway I watched it a few years ago and have still never seen Paul Blart 1. It is worth watching for some context for the podcast because they are correct in that Blart is *entirely* the bad guy most of the film. He's unlikable and you're rooting against him the entire time. Bird scene is good, but the rest is just barely a movie. It's like they got to the edit bay and decided 'eh gently caress it' when it came to doing additional shoots to make the scene transition make sense.