Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
At first I thought it was him violently attacking a child, but a monkey doing it is somehow weirder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
https://twitter.com/brett_mcmurphy/status/1455334592173510665

We talked about this yet? Seems like a decent value add for the MAC; those were a couple of programs I had a hard time believing would get left out in the cold.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Here's one:

https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/1455357667334045696

Pole Assassin took a picture of a sign up that said Do Not Enter the monkey section, but someone else accused her of putting up the sign after the attack.

e: The monkey's Instagram has not been wiped. Not that anything incriminating is there.

Text of some others, with creative spelling intact:

quote:

No one was viciously attack this a lie , a whole lie ! She was not apart of any haunted house , the kid did not have permission to be on the other side of my property !

quote:

Yes she has had all her shot she a emotional support animal who not to be touched , she speak by command of hi five ! No one is allowed to touch her ! Unless i myself say it ok it !

quote:

A 11/12 year old child should know better then to enter someone yard without permission and old enough to also follow the rules . The rules were when u get to the gate turn around and come back out for candy every other parent and child did so !

e2: There's video of her trying to prove she's innocent in the monkey bite incident.

https://twitter.com/BellyUpKev/status/1455378464488529925

RC and Moon Pie fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Nov 2, 2021

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

The follow-up is some bleak football in the new CUSA:

https://twitter.com/brett_mcmurphy/status/1455339497248460804?s=21

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
good god C-USA is literally going to have a sadder death than the old WAC

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Roasted Donut posted:

As ugly as it was to watch, the defense still only gave up 13 in regulation which should be more than enough to win. Clifford being at about 50% at best while also being gunshy and taking a few big hits early on had a whole lot more to do with it.

Yea I don’t know how anyone can watch Penn State with a healthy Clifford and think they don’t easily beat Illinois and likely Iowa as well if he’s not hurt. They’re a drastically different team without him at full strength.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Honestly if you’re an elite FCS program like Sam Houston State, I don’t get the appeal of making the jump to join that group of randos. They might be better off staying in the neo-WAC and coming up to FBS with those guys as planned.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Mid-week MACtion begins tomorrow.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Here's one:

https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/1455357667334045696

Pole Assassin took a picture of a sign up that said Do Not Enter the monkey section, but someone else accused her of putting up the sign after the attack.

e: The monkey's Instagram has not been wiped. Not that anything incriminating is there.

Text of some others, with creative spelling intact:

it's been too long since we had one of these wild "feels like my brain is leaking out of my ears" stories in CFB

also apparently that assistant coach went to Washington State and was a name on the list for their head coach search.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
He literally coached for Mike Price

good god you gotta love college football

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
CUSA has always been such a weird conference. Even when it first started, it was basically a bunch of randos that got left out of the 90s realignment boom and they were all like "uhhhh we got nothing better to do, let's join up." They never really found an identity, kept changing teams every 3-5 years, and now have arguably been lapped by the Sun Belt and MAC at the bottom of the G5 totem pole.

What's their selling point to new teams at this point, other than "nobody else wants you"?

Benne fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Nov 2, 2021

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Is there really so much more money in the FBS that teams are gonna keep popping up rather than it slowly contracting? I feel like that is the direction it’s naturally moving. There are plenty of schools that ought to drop like Idaho did (stares at UConn and UMass) but nope I guess Sam Houston just really wants to spend more games getting blown out by SEC teams before sad, unwatched conference play

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
finally recovered enough from the pain of Saturday's loss that I'm coming in just to say:

well hopefully we'll keep it to just MSU :pray:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Pole Assassin is almost, but not quite, as fun a name as BLAKE BORTLES.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

also has asinhowe posted since the michigan game

AsInHowe posted:

What happens when Michigan beats Michigan State in two weeks? Those colors need to be different.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

OU and MSU fighting for alaska

https://twitter.com/jloose128/status/1454852866842234886

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
That map is still the best way to visualize turning the Mercator projection into a glove

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I am in love with a stripper,
All the livelong day.
My fam'ly, get away
Climbin' the pole with a monkey
Until three or four in the morn –
Til the stripper blows my cash.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

GD_American posted:

good god C-USA is literally going to have a sadder death than the old WAC

Starting to think maybe don't have Louisiana Tech in a conference is a smart decision since they have been apart of both of these.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/_taylorhamm/status/1455544745267273735?s=21 Any hope Banks had of getting the Wazzu job is gone

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Dan Mullen is Florida's AP Poll Assassin.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Troy Queef posted:

https://twitter.com/_taylorhamm/status/1455544745267273735?s=21 Any hope Banks had of getting the Wazzu job is gone

:lol:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Pretty sure Banks recruited Kyle Allen and Christian Kirk out of Arizona.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

God I love college football and every personality involved, absolutely unparalleled entertainment

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
There's only one emotional support monkey, and it doesn't work for THAT kind of dancer...

Also new GDT: NCAA Week 10 GDT: LIEBE MEINE ABSCHMINKE

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

whos that broooown posted:

I was at that game. 13 pass completions combined. Troy Smith attempted 8 passes. Wild how much things have changed.

There's a few games from that season that were burned into my memory. I remember Penn State being down 14-7 to Northwestern and this knowledge that this was an insurmountable lead.

I don't really remember that Ohio State game, but I can totally see that there were virtually no passes all day.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1455580465121816579

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Southern is the Triple school, right?

This is certainly a hire

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Dang, I was hoping Houston could find him a place on the defensive staff. I don't think the current DC (Doug Belk) is here next year.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

From LA to Statesboro. Quite a ride.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Sickening posted:

TCU getting rid of Gary Patterson is giving me Leech vibes. Like, can anybody accuse Gary Patterson of being a bad football coach? Does he give you vibes like he doesn't live football 24/7 and do all the things that make your program as successful as can be? This is change just for the sake of change and its dumb. I don't even give a poo poo about TCU.

its not working and you can save a bunch of money on car insurance by switching to a guy making 2m a year to go 5-7 now

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Southern is the Triple school, right?

This is certainly a hire

Historically yes they've been a very annoying triple team.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

wilderthanmild posted:

At first I thought it was him violently attacking a child, but a monkey doing it is somehow weirder
Then I thought his GF was the monkey from reading a Tweet headline before reading the rest of the info. Like he had a female capuchin monkey as his GF in a scandal that would truly be one for the ages.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I'm still losing it at using the strippers name Pole Assassin throughout the trend. What a name

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

vyst posted:

I'm still losing it at using the strippers name Pole Assassin throughout the trend. What a name

It means two things!

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

LLCoolJD posted:

Dan Mullen is Florida's AP Poll Assassin.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I dunno, virtually every guy in the death squads were drunk, high, or both

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Imagine moving from LA to Statesboro.

Good luck with trying to fix a program that runs an outdated niche offense, has a fanbase that goes insane if you try to change that offense and is in Statesboro. Georgia Southern made its living off finding under-recruited kids 25 years ago. That's not possible now, thanks to that offense and so many other schools located in the state.

Also, Statesboro.

Nobody should be going to Georgia Southern to coach unless they're very young and trying to make a name or on the verge of retiring and have property on Lake Oconee. Does Helton have dead bodies lying around?

RC and Moon Pie fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Nov 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol oh no northwestern vs iowa is a loving night game.