Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

3 Spear/Dart because otherwise you'll be SOL when the giant dartboard puzzle shows up.

Also, I'm afraid you're gonna have to take the L on this one, chief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

8 for maximum Turok

then L for maximum L

L

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

8L

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
8L

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
8. Bow, Shotgun
L. L

quote:

Before proceeding, you use your newfound ability to conjure a Bow Shotgun - this is a very powerful weapon because you don't have to rely on aiming! The Bow Shotgun has a unique rule: it is 100% accurate from three steps away! You also decide to increase your L because it is currently the lowest level of your character, and this will allow you to understand the world around you a little better.

The Great Pyramid's stairway: it leads to a mysterious door.

The greatest weapon in the history of mankind.

The Amulet is linked to the wall. Move the Amulet over the Fire Throne, then move the Amulet over the wall.

The wall suddenly disappears, revealing...a stairway leading to the ruined temple, where you have to place the Amulet!

The temple you are standing in was once used for worship. Inside, there are several obelisks of a strange material that resembles black crystal. You have seen these objects on the walls.

When you bring the Amulet inside the ruined temple, suddenly the obelisks turn a dark black and change the layout of the temple. The Amulet disappears. You have completed your quest!

On the right, you can see a big metal box. You look at it, and the first words that appear in your mind are: "Key to the Gods?"

This object doesn't seem to have any use at the moment, but it is a door to another part of the temple.

You do not know what will happen, but you have to enter the unknown.

You bring out the Lathrum and use it to advance. When the Lathrum is complete, the sky turns red. You also go down into the deep waters, but instead of turning to stone, you transform into a huge shark!

Since this is the first time you have ever taken the wings to their limits, your body stretches to the maximum, and you start swimming through the room. You think that you have lost the way, but just then you turn around and suddenly you are standing on the wall of the room that previously held the Wall of Time.

This is one of the most beautiful places you have ever been, and you will never forget it! There are no indications of what you're supposed to do, but the connection with the wall is apparent. So, without any delay, you look at the wall of the room, and the world around you is turned to stone. The word "PRAYER" appears on the wall in a giant set of symbols.

The previous phrase "PRAYER" is a hint.

YOU:
Raise your hand to the wall

2. Bring the Lathrum to the wall

3. Call on the Gods

4. Draw the Amulet of Scattered Souls

5. Say the Word of Scattered Souls

6. Extend your hand to the Gods

7. Enter the Great Pyramid, in the Hall of the Great Columns

8. Leave the Great Pyramid through the a single doorway

Mantis the Master Barbarian (Lv 2.6) // [Assassin] Sebastian (Lv 1)

Attributes
  • Wisdom 11[+1]
  • Luck 6
  • Charisma 6
  • Intimidation 3[+1] (Intimidates)
  • Swim 1[+1]
  • Athletics 0
  • Endurance 10[+1]
  • Health 10
  • Stamina 15
  • Stamina Recovery 10
  • Determination 1[+1]
  • Desperation 1[+1]
  • Honor 1[+1]
  • Shoot 1[+1]
  • Impress 1[+1]
  • Useful 1[+1]
  • L 1[+1]
Special Skills
  • Summon Bones: Click on the corpses of people you pass to pull out your buffs - your greatest tool in manipulating the board. The more bones you have summoned, the better of a buff you will have.
  • ENDURE: affects the architecture of the Great Pyramid.
  • Magic Spell: ??? the last time we have tried to cast it, we got interrupted by a skeletal arm.
  • [Armor of the Fire】 [Cruel / Mysterious / Great] [Vengeful / Confident / Sarcasm]: ??? we gained these skills when we leveled as an [Assassin] Sebastian.
  • Glide
  • You can now use the special ability which allows you to make a weapon.
Backpack
  • A full doctor (that has already been used to cast Summon Bones)
  • A miniature full moon
  • A Rune
  • A familiar sabre
  • A Bomb
  • A Bow, Shotgun
Quest Journal
  • Solve the mystery of the so-called Missing Objects.
  • Discover what happened to the doctor.
  • Find the Great Pyramyd. It is the destination of your journey. ✓
  • Help your brother Sebastian, the demi-God get back on the dev team.
  • Find the ruined temple where the Amulet must be placed. ✓
  • Find the Fire Throne. ✓
:siren::siren::siren:
A voting window is now open!

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Option 5. Say the Good Word, and reap its bounties.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

3. Lettuce pray.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
8 time to gtfo

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
6, with a gesture skyward, rather than to the wall, use ENDURE.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Option 6: beckon to the gods

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

6 Extend your hand to the Gods and say hey

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

...are we still a shark? It doesn't say we changed back.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Black Robe posted:

...are we still a shark? It doesn't say we changed back.
A huge one, yes. With wings, apparently.

I wonder what our brother, the demi-God game dev, is going to think about this when he sees us.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Since we're becoming a god, I'm imagining we're a shark in the same way that Anubis is a dog or Sebek is a crocodile. Essentially, we're a Street Shark.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

Since we're becoming a god, I'm imagining we're a shark in the same way that Anubis is a dog or Sebek is a crocodile. Essentially, we're a Street Shark.

Well, it at one point said we were "standing" on something, and sharks don't normally have legs, so...

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

Totally jawsome!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

6. Extend your hand to the Gods

quote:

You concentrate and extend your hand to the Gods! You feel, firstly, that you have regained your spirit. Then, the unthinkable happens: everything is gone! It is just darkness and a voice you do not understand, saying: "Your work has been done. Go in peace. May your soul live forever. We all miss you."

You fly to the Gods. Maybe you'll be able to find your brother, the demi-God Sebastian and help him get back on his team? His Amulet appeared on the Lost City. What happens to him now?

In the city, you are again met by a powerful creature.

He says: "There is a way to return to your land. Do not betray our friendship."

"Are you Sebastian, the demi-God?" you ask.

"I am The Lord of the Dark Gods," he replies. "You are our friend. And all your life, you were like my son. So, you will understand and be rewarded for returning to us!"

And he flies away, leaving you with a message for your brother: "Do not betray your friends. I know you will meet again soon, in the long game."

"The reward is a Key to the Gods!" the Lord of the Dark Gods promised.

This story is not over. You will have to walk through an unknown area to face another dangerous creature...choose the creature you'll face:
Orca

2. Shoggoth

3. Wyrm

4. Kraken

5. Gray Ogre

6. Gloomwielder

7. Oni

8. Loki

9. Octopus

10. Baphomet

11. Pufferfish

12. Sea Giant

13. Cyclops

14. Maggot Queen

15. Abyss

Attributes
  • Wisdom 11[+1]
  • Luck 6
  • Charisma 6
  • Swim 1[+1]
  • Athletics 0
  • Endurance 10[+1]
  • Health 10
  • Stamina 15
  • Stamina Recovery 10
  • Determination 1[+1]
  • Desperation 1[+1]
  • Honor 1[+1]
  • Shoot 1[+1]
  • Impress 1[+1]
  • Useful 1[+1]
  • L 1[+1]
Special Skills
  • Summon Bones: Click on the corpses of people you pass to pull out your buffs - your greatest tool in manipulating the board. The more bones you have summoned, the better of a buff you will have.
  • Magic Spell: ??? the last time we have tried to cast it, we got interrupted by a skeletal arm.
  • [Armor of the Fire】 [Cruel / Mysterious / Great] [Vengeful / Confident / Sarcasm]: ??? we gained these skills when we leveled as an [Assassin] Sebastian.
  • Glide
Backpack
  • A miniature full moon
  • A Rune
  • A familiar sabre
  • A Bomb
  • A Bow, Shotgun
Quest Journal

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You know what? I think facing Loki will probably go well. 8

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

:krakken:

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Let's meet Loki.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Maggot Queen sounds rad

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Option 6. Mantis can handle a gloomwielder, I'm sure.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

11 While I understand the impulse to find and beat up Loki, Mantis has a lot of quests to tackle. So we want to go with the easiest enemy and a blowfish shouldn’t be too difficult, especially with a Bow-Shotgun.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

15. Face the abyss!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We have a tie between the God of Mischief, Loki and the humble (but deadly if incorrectly prepared) pufferfish!

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Loki time.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Either face the maggot queen or puffer IMO

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We are tied again :v:

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Pufferfish has my vote.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Yeah, pufferfish, we're a shark how can we lose

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

gently caress up a fish!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

11. Pufferfish

quote:

Pufferfish! A deadly opponent: 1/2 the height of a human being, with the scales of a carnivorous sea-creature and the long venomous fangs of a viper.

Pufferfish are not friendly.

At first, you thought they are just illusions, but you noticed they move and don't die if you turn your back.

Also, when you place the Amulet on their chests, they open their mouths and fire a toxin.

You will die if you use the Amulet.

You can't let the power of the Gods be wasted!

You attack the pufferfish with your Bow Shotgun: "Airborne Grenade Launcher!"

The pufferfish, stunned by the impact of the bullets, almost falls.

It falls into the Abyss with you!

You destroy the weapon, and immediately, you enter the deepest part of the Abyss.

That is your reward for your adventure!

Welcome to the world of Realm of Arda!

"The Might and Magic series, the world of which Final Fantasy VI was the final installment, are very special, because they inspire fantasy games from all over the world. In Japan, most of the worlds of the Might and Magic series were very popular. The best-selling strategy RPG of all time, and still one of the most popular role-playing games ever made, is Final Fantasy VI for the Super Famicom. This is a fact that only a Japanese fan can appreciate" says Sebastian; he is a demi-God but also a game developer after all.

"But the concept of a magical RPG did not only go over well in Japan. With such great affection for the franchise, we decided to come up with our own Realm of Arda game. It was natural for us to create an RPG that draws its inspirations from the series' most popular elements and serves as an introduction to the entire world."

"But what does this mean for us, brother, and how can I help you back on the team?", you ask.

"That is very simple. We have a business arrangement. I'm a demi-god, I need an Amulet that will give me powers. If you complete this quest, I will teach you my craft."

"But, if I'm not going to be part of your team anymore, what will you do to me?", you ask.

"As I told you before, if you do not want to join our team, you must simply give the Amulet back to me. I have no other plans for it,"

YOU:
Choose the right path to complete the quests

2. Successfully defend yourself from attacks from the enemies

3. Go to the depths of the Darkness to rescue Yeyo, and save the World!

4. Find an Amulet that can power up your weapon

5. Open the ancient Book of Elron and learn the forgotten craft of Nephthys

6. Check your weight at the bar in the bathhouse to check your strength

7. Do you have any idea where the sword is?

Attributes
  • Wisdom 11[+1]
  • Luck 6
  • Charisma 6
  • Swim 1[+1]
  • Athletics 0
  • Endurance 10[+1]
  • Health 10
  • Stamina 15
  • Stamina Recovery 10
  • Determination 1[+1]
  • Desperation 1[+1]
  • Honor 1[+1]
  • Shoot 1[+1]
  • Impress 1[+1]
  • Useful 1[+1]
  • L 1[+1]
Special Skills
  • Glide
Backpack
  • A miniature full moon
  • A Rune
  • A familiar sabre
  • A Bomb
Quest Journal
NOTE: we have lost our Bow Shotgun, but found our brother!

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Go nerd, do Option 5. That better get our shotgun bow back!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Let's do the right thing! Option 1!

Also, illusions in this world die if you turn around? Must suck to be an illusionist over there.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

6 i think we gained the pyramid 15 :(

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
Honestly, I think that we could use some more weapons, so let's ask ourselves the important question like #7: do we know where the sword is?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

5, let's learn some forgotten craft

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Go beyond the abyss into the darkness hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012

6 Bathhouse to check weight class and unwind for a bit.