Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Foul Fowl posted:

im excited for it. but the dlc is outrageous. what an insane ripoff.

I'm not fond of it either but the grinding and money dlcs aren't necessary at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

homeless snail posted:

Blitzball is good but I don't know why it would make you quit the game over it. You only have to play it once, and that match is rigged anyway.

You can in fact win that match.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

I’m excited to hook my N64 controller up to my mister once it get here just to see what it does. I haven’t heard of anyone connecting it to a PC yet though

I've been curious about how to get the N64 wireless Switch controller to work on PC.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm not fond of it either but the grinding and money dlcs aren't necessary at all.

it's really stupid, that said i havent played a JRPG that explicitly required grinding and wasn't like Disgaea since like idk a GBA Pokemon game or something

actually Disgaea doesnt even require grinding it's just a game where the entire post-game is based on people who enjoy grinding in RPGs

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Detective No. 27 posted:

no i know, that dlc is just bizarre, it's mostly the fiend sidequest dlc that seems like the real grift because who doesn't want to play that.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My biggest tip for FFX is to save up some Black Magic Spheres for endgame and then use them to teach Yuna the endgame black magic that Lulu gets. Yuna's part of the sphere grid gives a lot more Magic and Speed stats than Lulu's does, so once you can teach Yuna black magic, she is a much stronger caster than Lulu is. (This tip applies for the default grid, I dunno if the expert grid changes things up a lot there.)

Yuna with Ultima can basically trivialize the final boss all on her own.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Also you can do the postgame before the endgame, but shouldn’t. I got a scratch on my disc that prevented me from going to the final content, and instead ground myself up to face the various superbosses. When I finally got hold of a replacement, I killed the final boss in one hit. The power curve in FFX is weird.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Foul Fowl posted:

no i know, that dlc is just bizarre, it's mostly the fiend sidequest dlc that seems like the real grift because who doesn't want to play that.

They got me by the balls on that one.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Detective No. 27 posted:

So long, Gary Bowser.

Wasn't that a thread title for a while? Or maybe it was the homebrew thread?

TwoHeadedDeer
Nov 24, 2020

I will be made a new creature, one bright day

Foul Fowl posted:

is that the only piece of DLC that is story content (vs like, cosmetics and consumables)?

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Detective No. 27 posted:

So long, Gary Bowser.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
N64 controllers are in stock at the Nintendo site again.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Detective No. 27 posted:

They got me by the balls on that one.

same. i'm weak.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Harrow posted:

My biggest tip for FFX is to [not play it]

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

TwoHeadedDeer posted:

is that the only piece of DLC that is story content (vs like, cosmetics and consumables)?

i think there's a few smaller side quest dlcs where you unlock a big beefy demon for fusion, presumably after beating them in a cool fight. those seem less important but i'm sure i'll buy them anyway gently caress

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
What do the Amiibos do for Dread?

TwoHeadedDeer
Nov 24, 2020

I will be made a new creature, one bright day

Foul Fowl posted:

i think there's a few smaller side quest dlcs where you unlock a big beefy demon for fusion, presumably after beating them in a cool fight. those seem less important but i'm sure i'll buy them anyway gently caress

bah. not gonna do it, not even for my tatted bf

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’ll buy the FienDLC but I’m not sure about the other two boss ones. Hopefully there are unique superbosses in the main game instead of these recycled ones

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

What do the Amiibos do for Dread?

I think they just refill energy/missiles depending on which you use.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Also the first use gives a permanent energy pip and i think 10 missles?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

:hmmwrong:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

How is Dusk on the Switch? Seems like it’s be too fast paced for a controller to me

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Dr. VooDoo posted:

How is Dusk on the Switch? Seems like it’s be too fast paced for a controller to me

It owns

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Hell yea then I’m buying it

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Hell yea then I’m buying it

The best decision

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
My trick with the lightning bolts was to do 20 at a time, pausing for enough time between each round of 20 to watch an episode of a 1990s sitcom, then do another 20. Doing this keeps your mind and fingers fresh to react to the bolts and it may take longer, but is much easier than doing 200 in a single sitting!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I spent an entire Saturday as a teen getting those 200 bolts.

After five hours of failure, I took a break and got it right away.

Lulu wasn't even in my party!!!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I did not do the lightning dodging because i'm not an idiot

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Andrast posted:

spam more overdrives

Those two are the hardest bosses because they're the ones that doesn't work on. Or at least in Seymour Flux's case you have to wait until the second phase to spam them.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Those two are the hardest bosses because they're the ones that doesn't work on. Or at least in Seymour Flux's case you have to wait until the second phase to spam them.

The overdrives do solve like half of the boss fight in both of them

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Dr. VooDoo posted:

It's great

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

Never. As long as dickless failnerds get mad at people who like Nintendo in the Nintendo thread it will never not be funny to enjoy the quality content on the Nintendo Switch portable home entertainment video game console system by Nintendo.

nice meltdown lol

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I thought "this is worse than 8.5 GigaHitlers" was the most embarrassing post I'd ever read from the anime hater but "dickless failnerds" is a strong challenger

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I have not yet begun to post cringe.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
After trying Yoshi's Story on NSO I can only say two things:

-Very cute, good
-Yes, this is indeed a game meant for 5-year olds, holy poo poo

I also hosed up because I forgot which color Netti was and instead just went with the pink Yoshi. I'm the worst, I am scum

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Booyah- posted:

because its a really nice controller and also $50. why wouldn't you expect that button mapping could work?

The N64 controller isn't nice. It's atrocious and the fact they went from the SNES gamepad to that thing will always be hilariously sad.

bemusedchunk posted:

you guys still talking about that crummy n64 controller?

whose excited for SMT V? i'm leaning toward buying the complete extreme bundle just so I can have the cool DLC early on.

also I'm still stuck on this Z-57 boss in Dread.

I've only barely started SRW30 so I'm not sure if I want to put that on hold and play SMTV when it comes out, or go through SRW30 and then play SMTV later.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Yoshi’s Story is a chill game about going wherever you think looks cool and then eating your favorite fruit

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

true gamers set up a microcontroller as a usb input and use a photocell to detect the lightning flashes and time the dodge input

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Yoshi's story is dumb garbage for babies and a terrible followup to the hardcore pulse-pounding action of yoshi's island. I first thought this when I was twelve and it is still true today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I fell off New Pokemon Snap shortly after release due to that ol' thread favorite: anhedonia. I'm jumping back in this week while I impatiently wait for the Animal Crossing update. :dance: