Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Your dreams are fitful. Banded tails swishing in the darkness... a starkly lit desk with an empty, steaming glass... a yellow paw...

You awaken, groggy, in a room you don't recognize, with a view of a city not your own. Light jazz music is playing, and you think you can hear KK whistling softly, but he's not there. You rub the sleep from your eyes and look around the room. You're seated, hunched over a warmly lit bar, grand piano in the corner, played by--wait, there's no one seated at the piano. Is it... playing itself?

Behind you a glass clinks, and you turn to see someone who wasn't there before: a dapper man, rag in one hand, glass in the other, a friendly look on his face, and curious, red horns. He smiles at you.

"Welcome, friend. We don't get many guests dow--pardon me, up here, anymore."

His voice is cool and calming, but something about it makes you feel like you're standing on the edge of a cliff, an icy wind blowing at your back, threatening to tip you over. You shiver.

"Hmm, bit of a chill, eh? Not to worry--I've just the thing!"

The bartender sweeps back and forth, to and fro, behind the bar, collecting ingredients with such grace he almost appears to be floating. He grabs something from the top shelf, but you never saw him grab a stool or a ladder.

... Is he floating?

When he's done, he sets his haul on counter below the bar. He pours four tiny bottles of liquid into a large shaker, then turns to his cutting board. He slices into something red and gleaming, something that seemed to squirm slightly as he drops it in the shaker. Next, a bouquet of herbs that look more like autumn leaves, and finally, two large ice cubes the shape of his horns. He seals the shaker and begins to shake, shake and shake and shake for what seems like an eternity.

He slows his shaking, then stops. A whiskey glass slides down the bar on its own, coming to a gentle stop between you and the bartender. He grins, cracks open the shaker, and begins to pour his concoction into the glass.

A familiar, earthy smell of decaying leaves and alcohol fills the room. You brace yourself to choke and sputter, but instead, you feel... warm. The icy chill you felt before has given way to a heat you can't explain, but you know without the bartender's drink, the cold will return.

He gently nudges the glass closer to you. You feel warmer. He smiles.

"Isabelle sends her regards."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

Your dreams are fitful. Banded tails swishing in the darkness... a starkly lit desk with an empty, steaming glass... a yellow paw...

You awaken, groggy, in a room you don't recognize, with a view of a city not your own. Light jazz music is playing, and you think you can hear KK whistling softly, but he's not there. You rub the sleep from your eyes and look around the room. You're seated, hunched over a warmly lit bar, grand piano in the corner, played by--wait, there's no one seated at the piano. Is it... playing itself?

Behind you a glass clinks, and you turn to see someone who wasn't there before: a dapper man, rag in one hand, glass in the other, a friendly look on his face, and curious, red horns. He smiles at you.

"Welcome, friend. We don't get many guests dow--pardon me, up here, anymore."

His voice is cool and calming, but something about it makes you feel like you're standing on the edge of a cliff, an icy wind blowing at your back, threatening to tip you over. You shiver.

"Hmm, bit of a chill, eh? Not to worry--I've just the thing!"

The bartender sweeps back and forth, to and fro, behind the bar, collecting ingredients with such grace he almost appears to be floating. He grabs something from the top shelf, but you never saw him grab a stool or a ladder.

... Is he floating?

When he's done, he sets his haul on counter below the bar. He pours four tiny bottles of liquid into a large shaker, then turns to his cutting board. He slices into something red and gleaming, something that seemed to squirm slightly as he drops it in the shaker. Next, a bouquet of herbs that look more like autumn leaves, and finally, two large ice cubes the shape of his horns. He seals the shaker and begins to shake, shake and shake and shake for what seems like an eternity.

He slows his shaking, then stops. A whiskey glass slides down the bar on its own, coming to a gentle stop between you and the bartender. He grins, cracks open the shaker, and begins to pour his concoction into the glass.

A familiar, earthy smell of decaying leaves and alcohol fills the room. You brace yourself to choke and sputter, but instead, you feel... warm. The icy chill you felt before has given way to a heat you can't explain, but you know without the bartender's drink, the cold will return.

He gently nudges the glass closer to you. You feel warmer. He smiles.

"Isabelle sends her regards."

:blastu:

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

eating only apples posted:

How is Nookipedia not a wiki though? Are you an editor there? Both links look fine and accurate, I don't really see a problem
You seem to have horrifically misread several posts so let me try to be as clear as possible about my original comment. Fandom, the company, is garbage trash and should never be supported if you have another option, and luckily in the case of animal crossing we do have a well managed wiki not hosted on fandom (nookipedia) which is what i linked. Please do not help fandom increase their ever growing stranglehold over all fanwikis in existence.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

also use nook plaza to look at floor lights

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Amppelix posted:

You seem to have horrifically misread several posts so let me try to be as clear as possible about my original comment. Fandom, the company, is garbage trash and should never be supported if you have another option, and luckily in the case of animal crossing we do have a well managed wiki not hosted on fandom (nookipedia) which is what i linked. Please do not help fandom increase their ever growing stranglehold over all fanwikis in existence.

Amppelix posted:

That's great but it's not a wiki which is specifically what fandom is and what I'm talking about

they didn't misread anything, you seem to have some grudge against whatever site that is for reasons you haven't mentioned

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Potassium Problems posted:

they didn't misread anything, you seem to have some grudge against whatever site that is for reasons you haven't mentioned
They were saying Nook Plaza wasn't a wiki. That might be a non-sequitur, but it wasn't a slight against anything.

Several people are talking past each other, but no one has actaully said anything hostile or unreasonable. We're all good here in the friendly Animal Crossing thread.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

So how about them Animals?

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I did misunderstand (not horrifically though), because no context was given on why "fandom" in particular is bad (still hasn't). Nookipedia is a nicer looking site though!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm eager for the update because I rebuilt my island entirely brick by brick and I just have this huge empty nothing of a zone. Like there just isn't enough stuff to really inspire me with current offerings so hoping a lot of returning sets gives me some of that.

God I'm excited. This game might finally have enough content to come close to New Leaf :3:

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

So how about them Animals?

They sure are crossing.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I wonder if any of Gracie's stuff will be back. Before release I had dreams of setting up a magic part of my island with the card sets and any new 'magic' themed items but everything got removed and sterilized so none of that for me.

:pray: Please just have the original sets at least.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

God I'm excited. This game might finally have enough content to come close to New Leaf :3:

:goofy:

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I noticed in the AC direct that there's a set of furniture that sort of resembles the Patchwork furniture from New Leaf, but it got completely redesigned and even added new pieces like a bed.

So I can imagine most of the furniture from previous games are coming back but some will be heavily redesigned. I have no idea about the Gracie exclusive furniture, especially when she doesn't seem to be included as one of the returning NPCs

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

eating only apples posted:

I did misunderstand (not horrifically though), because no context was given on why "fandom" in particular is bad (still hasn't). Nookipedia is a nicer looking site though!
If we really want to get into the weeds here, first of all as you've noticed their sites just look bad, and that's because the layout is pretty much completely at the mercy of fandom's management, not anyone who's actually contributing to whatever wiki in question. In the past this power has been used for such things as slapping a huge honking video player on top of any popular page, usually autoplaying some sort of asinine summary video on the subject of the page that often completely contradicts what's actually written there. Wikis actually started putting disclaimers on their pages about how you should ignore the video and yeah sorry we can't get rid of it.

Of course, fandom has incredible SEO and will almost always pop up first when searching for "[something] wiki" and this in turn has sometimes been used to start a wiki for a subject that already has an established one on some other wiki host, and then just copy over a large amount of its pages to muscle in as the new top wiki in town. Most people naturally don't know any better or particularly care what wikis are hosted on so they'll just go to the fandom one thanks to it sitting comfortably on top of the google results.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
This isn't my sub but let's stop yelling about wiki anyways.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I don't think anybody is yelling?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I hope we can get bookshelves that actually line up with the bookshelf wallpaper.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

also i completely forgot what i originally came here to post

which was this: are acorns and pinecones supposed to be super ultra rare? i shook ever drat tree on this island and i found a single one of each today. are you supposed to get more from the same tree? i tried for a while on some trees and got nothing but branches

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Amppelix posted:

which was this: are acorns and pinecones supposed to be super ultra rare? i shook ever drat tree on this island and i found a single one of each today. are you supposed to get more from the same tree? i tried for a while on some trees and got nothing but branches

They are stupidly rare. Just keep shaking the same tree.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Amppelix posted:

Yes you can shake the same tree to get more. They are fairly rare but if you pick a tree with tons of empty space around it you can shake it more times before having to pick the items up which makes it feel less tedious.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Sooo... should I be doing something with these mushrooms or do I just sell them?

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

readingatwork posted:

Sooo... should I be doing something with these mushrooms or do I just sell them?

There are seasonal recipes that use them. Some of them are pretty neat.

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

readingatwork posted:

Do not sell them! There are seasonal recipes to make amazing mushroom furniture. Also, you're limited to five a day for the month of November, so they're a precious commodity.

If you don't want to make mushroom furniture, at least sell your mushrooms to me.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Speaking of, one thing i wish the game did differently was a more direct way to learn recipes. Like, yes, you're guaranteed to learn several recipes per day via the message in a bottle, villagers, balloons etc but it doesn't feel good how you're basically entirely at the whims of serendipity gifting them to you. I wouldn't mind if they didn't even actually increase the amount that you can learn per day, but just like replace one of the other daily sources with nook's selling you one recipe per day that you're guaranteed not to have learned yet. This would in a pure mechanical sense not change a thing but the feeling of seeing a thing in a shop, deciding that you want the thing, and buying the thing is so different from popping your 5th balloon of the day and finding a recipe for stacked magazines inside it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Also, isn't the recipe for a messy stack of papers a stack of papers? And vice versa?

How the hell does that work?

cats
May 11, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Also, isn't the recipe for a messy stack of papers a stack of papers? And vice versa?

Pretty sure I've seen the document stack for sale at Nook's.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Those are both normal furniture items available from other sources, the crafting recipe just lets you turn one into the other (because it’s funny)

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I just remembered that I didn't play the entire month of November last year, so now is my chance to finally get Mushrooms. What are the dates that they appear? Is it only like one or two weeks this month?

Oh man I really, really hope that convenience market furniture makes a reappearance on the big new 2.0 update.

cats
May 11, 2009

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I just remembered that I didn't play the entire month of November last year, so now is my chance to finally get Mushrooms. What are the dates that they appear? Is it only like one or two weeks this month?

Oh man I really, really hope that convenience market furniture makes a reappearance on the big new 2.0 update.

Lucky you, mushrooms grow all month long. You get 5 each day up to a max of 30 growing at one time if you don't pick them but they'll stop spawning at 30. They grow next to both hardwood and cedar so make sure you have some room. Oh and the Rare Mushroom grows underground and appears as a crack.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Maybe a Lawson's crossover this time?

I was really hoping they would sell out, but all we got was Mario and Sanrio. :smith:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Pianist On Strike posted:

Lucky you, mushrooms grow all month long. You get 5 each day up to a max of 30 growing at one time if you don't pick them but they'll stop spawning at 30. They grow next to both hardwood and cedar so make sure you have some room. Oh and the Rare Mushroom grows underground and appears as a crack.

Thanks for the tip about the rare mushroom- I don't dig anything up anymore since I have all of the fossils (although my digging habits will change with Gyroids coming)

PeePot posted:

Maybe a Lawson's crossover this time?

I was really hoping they would sell out, but all we got was Mario and Sanrio. :smith:

The lack of the Master Sword still irks me.

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..
God help me but I'm back in the turnip game, just for this one week, I swear...

Please post if you have decent prices! Save me from having to trawl the pubbie waters!

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

i think i'm about to have a huge spike (will update tomorrow), but also you should keep an eye on the PGS thread, some people might post there and not advertise here

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

CK07 posted:

God help me but I'm back in the turnip game, just for this one week, I swear...

Please post if you have decent prices! Save me from having to trawl the pubbie waters!
dittoing this, i sunk 400,000 bells into mine and i've got fluctuating prices this week

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

magimix posted:

Tends to be their normal approach, as I recall. Still, good to know its all downloaded and waiting... Only a week to go... *sigh*

Edit: I fell of the game a while back, but of course used the news of the DLC and other updates as an excuse to jump back in. It's funny, despite the fact I'm sitting on 25 million bells, and 210,000 nook miles, it didn't take long at all to slip back into the old routine, and fret about having my island generate bells[1], and being sure to eke out those nook miles.

[1] I don't trade turnips, preferring instead to craft, grow, and forage, etc.

What do you do to make money? I don’t wanna sell turnips all the time and I have enough money for now, but I’d like to make money more organically.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

What do you do to make money? I don’t wanna sell turnips all the time and I have enough money for now, but I’d like to make money more organically.

I’ve been cultivating a bunch of blue and gold roses. It helps that I have a blue rose wreath recipe since it doubles the selling price. It’s an easy $130k every few days. Outside of that, sea creatures can sell for pretty good money too.

A bunch of my blue and gold roses are on my star gazing hilltop, Wishing Star Point. I’ve made it into a nice little area where the gold roses are like stars amongst blue, purple and black roses. :)

cats
May 11, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Hoard piles of sturgeon all over my half finished island (preventing me from finishing said island) until CJ shows up.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Nessa posted:

I’ve been cultivating a bunch of blue and gold roses. It helps that I have a blue rose wreath recipe since it doubles the selling price. It’s an easy $130k every few days. Outside of that, sea creatures can sell for pretty good money too.

A bunch of my blue and gold roses are on my star gazing hilltop, Wishing Star Point. I’ve made it into a nice little area where the gold roses are like stars amongst blue, purple and black roses. :)
how the hell did i never realize blue rose wreaths sold for 20,000 bells each, i have like 50 of the dang things on my island :psyduck:

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Woah that’s a revelation, I have so many blue roses. Iv long since stopped trying to earn bells, but with the dlc, it looks like I’m gonna need to make it ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002

Moose-Alini posted:

Woah that’s a revelation, I have so many blue roses. Iv long since stopped trying to earn bells, but with the dlc, it looks like I’m gonna need to make it ring.

I've done all the steps in order to grow blue roses. I've played the game every single day since launch. I have not been able to grow a single blue rose. WTF