Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hazdoc posted:

if you get a perfect parry (or a fully charged parry), the screen will darken slightly when beidou swings her sword.

You don't get a parry if you just tap the slash, you have to hold it long enough for her to start guarding, then release AS you get hit. Its not a preemptive thing.

poo poo, you're right. I can't believe all that DMC and Metal Gear Rising made me worse at that :negative:

It's pretty easy to pull off knowing that at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Very excited for these banners that I absolutely should not roll on but won’t be able to stop myself from.

Ive already almost friendship maxed hu tao! I’ve moved on! I’m building up Ayaka now! I don’t need any of this dammit.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

kater posted:

Very excited for these banners that I absolutely should not roll on but won’t be able to stop myself from.

Ive already almost friendship maxed hu tao! I’ve moved on! I’m building up Ayaka now! I don’t need any of this dammit.

They’re good banners.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Tae posted:

You can literally clear dps check floors with just sucrose fishl

Sucrose/Fischl/Flex/Flex out DPSes every dps pair I have, and I have lucked into a decent amount of 5 stars.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

kater posted:

Sayu's fun, Thoma's new, Diona's great. Semper games

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Captain France posted:

Sucrose/Fischl/Flex/Flex out DPSes every dps pair I have, and I have lucked into a decent amount of 5 stars.

Does Fischl need to be C6 for this or is the VV shred/oz just that good?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
That hasnt been my experience, that comp heavily leans on its built Beidou and Xingqiu. The reason the comp is even better than usual this rotation is the stupid cannon guys flying away don't lose you any time, and they do vs most other comps.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I am almost considering pulling on this weapon banner. I don't have a sac sword, I don't have a widsith, homa would be great on raiden or xiangling (one of which is using fav, the other the catch), and elegy would be great on venti, whom is using fav bow. I also don't know if there are any character banners I am particularly excited about coming up soon, although I don't have any of the 4s on Hu Tao's banner. Tough choice, drop 20 wishes or so into the Hu Tao Banner and save, or like 60 into the weapon banner.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Well, you've got 3 weeks to decide. If it helps tohma is looking fairly useless without hu tao.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

The 4*s on the Hu Tao banner are either new/could be fun (Thoma), very fun in the overworld and just stupid in the right circumstances (Sayu), or an invaluable asset for mindlessly facerolling content if you're me (Diona). Strong recommends all around. For example, you can check my posting history in this thread and the day I started putting Diona into my party was immediately when I stopped complaining about how bad the Azhdaha domain fight is, and haven't had a problem with it since.

The other thing to consider is: What are your alternatives? It's a lot easier to cover for a weapon gap than an entire character gap, unless you've got a comp you like already and 0 weapons for anyone in it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Homa's also not especially great on Xiangling. It's really only a weapon you should care much about for Hu Tao, Xiao (and PJWS performs basically equally on Xiao), and zhong li.

Sac sword, though, is a very big deal no way around it, but I've had some rough luck rolling for weapon banner 4 stars (ask me about my two wine and songas).

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

Well, you've got 3 weeks to decide. If it helps tohma is looking fairly useless without hu tao.

He’s looks great for azhdaha, which is the most annoying content outside of the abyss. And if he’s no good in the abyss, at least he’s in good company with a ton of other 4 stars.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
Wavebreaker spear is also looking good for Xiangling, yeah?

I just wanna get my Favonius off her so I can put it on Thoma.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't see anything uniquely good about him for Azhdaha. ofc he's on banner with Diona so you can just stop rolling when you get either unless you need them for their niche cases (Hu Tao VV enabler, cryo battery). but Xinyan is also free right now and you can just make her a shieldbot with a Sac weapon.

it's also a once weekly boss you will eventually not need to farm, so giving it weight in pull decisions seems weak

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
More like a place for him because you will eventually het him unless you skip every banner he’s on.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

dogsicle posted:

it's also a once weekly boss you will eventually not need to farm,
Oh, to have the billet luck that makes you ever think this is so

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sure, pull thoma for billets (?).

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

No Wave posted:

Sure, pull thoma for billets (?).
I'm just saying you can always find a reason to run a weekly boss (and if you've been staring at r3 Anemona this long as I have, you will be running bosses every week until the sun dies), so planning around their obsolescence isn't as straightforward as it sounds. I mean by that logic, you may as well not pull anyone.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ninjoatse.cx posted:

More like a place for him because you will eventually het him
buddy ive seen enough art of thoma and ayato to know that hetting thoma isnt that likely

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

hoard your primos

never pull

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Traveler's wish to destroy all primos! Paimon Explosion!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Andrast posted:

hoard your primos

never pull

Primos need to give an interest rate

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Endorph posted:

buddy ive seen enough art of thoma and ayato to know that hetting thoma isnt that likely

thats an abusive workplace dynamic ayato is basically his boss's boss

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

First pull on the banner was a C0 Mona, finally! Got Thoma C1, Hu Tao C1, Sayu C1 and like Diona C11 or something. All in all a nice haul.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Stare-Out posted:

First pull on the banner was a C0 Mona, finally! Got Thoma C1, Hu Tao C1, Sayu C1 and like Diona C11 or something. All in all a nice haul.

How? Childe banner doesn't end for 5 hours.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Note Block posted:

How? Childe banner doesn't end for 5 hours.

The banners end/start at different times for the different regions

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Europe server, I assume.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Andrast posted:

Ooooo I'm frownin'

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Oh, to have the billet luck that makes you ever think this is so

not caring is the smart strategy. we're already at the point where bosses take more than a day's resin to farm, i don't think the billet drop rate will justify spending 2 days or more as the boss lineup continues to grow. anyway because billets drop regardless it only makes sense to filter the 3-4 bosses you do by the mats you need and ease of clearing, so yeah Azhdaha will outlive his usefulness probably around the time we're closing out Sumeru.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If you use R3 prototype crescent instead of R5 you are WAY behind and need to do every boss forever. It'll only take 6000 resin to get your 2 missing bow billets.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I have two bow billets after playing this game for 13 months

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i haven't actually mathed whether i need more Azhdaha mats but the selection is still pretty dire. only Childe and Dvalin are in the fun and breezy category so they've got to release the next two bosses as things i like to eventually replace Signora/Azhdaha.

maybe time to go back to Andrius since he's not so bad and is the only friendship-exploitable boss.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
which billet weapons are even worth making, honestly

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

Does Fischl need to be C6 for this or is the VV shred/oz just that good?

I have C6 now but they were good beforehand too. It's not just Oz + VV, It's also Sucrose's grouping, constant AOE swirls, and Oz machine gunning from said swirls.

Oh and I forget to mention that Sucrose's ult or double casting her special will spread elec from one enemy to everything in the aoe with swirl, while dealing swirl damage, and then swirl all of those enemies, doing swirl damage for each one.

And I get over 6k damage per swirl, plus over 1k to over 2k per VV Oz, but they are my pretty much max investment.

Captain France fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Nov 2, 2021

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

If not for the mandatory invuln phases I think Signora'd be my favorite fast boss fight. Fewer forms than Childe, (mostly) stands still and lets you unleash hell, has a gimmick you can completely ignore. Even gives you free pyro infusions for attacks on her ice block!

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
Now that I finally have Bennett I think Fischl is my next chase character. I guess I'll save up starglitter for two months unless she shows up on the Albedo or Itto banners.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
You should save up your starglitter all the time anyways
unless you already have all 12? characters who show up in the shop rotation

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i dont think ive seen a billet in a month or two, but before that i was getting 2-3 a week for a while. so it goes with the RNG.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

BabyRyoga posted:

which billet weapons are even worth making, honestly

uhh Archaic, Amber, Crescent, Amenoma. if you're using the characters they fit then i'd include Whiteblind, Hamayumi, and Iron Sting.

only like half of these care about refines afaict

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Andrast posted:

Cattail Prophet posted:

Europe server, I assume.

When I was glancing around the IOS charts today out of curiosity I kind of noticed Genshin at the top for Japan and China so the logic followed that they must have Hu Tao up already. Europe it was largely unchanged so but I think maybe she like just rolled out there in the last hour. I believe its nearly 8PM in western Europe and 5 hours ahead of EST.

Incidentally I think the days of U.S being the second highest performing region for the game after China are well over since Inazuma launched though it was only evera razor thin margin over Japan anyway, but I doubt its been close since July. That may change once the story leaves Japan Inazuma but I kind of dont think so. Inazuma seems to have trended the polar opposite of how it did in the U.S at least in terms of online chatter and got a lot of people there into the game. The sense I get is Japan loves just about everything Mihoyo did with Inazuma.

Kale fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Nov 2, 2021