Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

mobby_6kl posted:

Uh-oh that's a containershipfuckling

https://i.imgur.com/JOAxoPV.mp4

Your shipment of sex arses is delayed

CNN just reported that Florida is leaning left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Deteriorata posted:

CNN just reported that Florida is leaning left.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Xaintrailles posted:

The exception is helicopters, where killing you is secondary to their desire to kill themselves.

Yea the helicopter will notice since in doing so it's probably returned itself to its natural state of being spread out as debris covering a quarter acre.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

OSHA IV: Ashley Basich did nothing wrong.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

Uh-oh that's a containershipfuckling

https://i.imgur.com/JOAxoPV.mp4

Your shipment of sex arses is delayed

Recently a container ship caught fire off Victoria Island and dropped 40 containers into the ocean. My friend couldn't believe they lost 40 containers, it absolutely blew her mind to learn they lose around 1400 a year at sea. She almost cried when i showed her the garfield phone thing.

Human beings are bastards.

On the subject of shipfuckling.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Bulbous bow bonked and buckled badly.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Ror posted:

Bulbous bow bonked and buckled badly.

...by blunderingly bulldozing byway's bermed border, building brief bottleneck/blockage beyond belief

schmug
May 20, 2007

Powershift posted:

Recently a container ship caught fire off Victoria Island and dropped 40 containers into the ocean. My friend couldn't believe they lost 40 containers, it absolutely blew her mind to learn they lose around 1400 a year at sea. She almost cried when i showed her the garfield phone thing.

is that the Evergreen?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It does say EVER in the top left.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Powershift posted:

When a ship turns 33 and decides it's time to settle down.

schmug
May 20, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

It does say EVER in the top left.

what does the rest of it say wise guy? I am assuming it is, but hadn't seen damage photos of it until now(possibly)

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

When a ship turns 33 and decides it's time to settle down.

You bastard

:golfclap:

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

Powershift posted:

It is more OSHA than that, it was actually 102 containers and a bunch of them contained chemicals that if exposed to water generate explosive/flammable gas. I think the fire on the ship is mostly out but there are 2 containers waiting to wash up full of fun chemicals.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

schmug posted:

what does the rest of it say wise guy? I am assuming it is, but hadn't seen damage photos of it until now(possibly)

GIS turns up a bunch of tweets identifying it as EverGiven.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Deteriorata posted:

GIS turns up a bunch of tweets identifying it as EverGiven.

right on. forgot that evergreen was the name of the fleet and they all had different ever-whatsit names.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

schmug posted:

is that the Evergreen?

Yeah, the Ever Given, i thnk so. It just arrived in dry dock in october.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

schmug posted:

I don't offhandedly remember hearing about any other EVER- ships beaching themselves on their bow in a canal recently. Is this a weekly issue for Evergreen that isn't making the news?

schmug
May 20, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I don't offhandedly remember hearing about any other EVER- ships beaching themselves on their bow in a canal recently. Is this a weekly issue for Evergreen that isn't making the news?

stfu

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Powershift posted:

the garfield phone thing.

the h'wat? did i miss something a few pages back? is it an ocean vortex of plastic phones?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_PLMd0pluM

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

knuthgrush posted:

the h'wat? did i miss something a few pages back? is it an ocean vortex of plastic phones?

Garfield phones have been washing up on a beach in France for the last 30some years because of a container lost in the 80s.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/why-have-garfield-phones-been-washing-ashore-france-30-years-180971835/

Dread Head posted:

It is more OSHA than that, it was actually 102 containers and a bunch of them contained chemicals that if exposed to water generate explosive/flammable gas. I think the fire on the ship is mostly out but there are 2 containers waiting to wash up full of fun chemicals.

Apparently they've now said the containers should all sink and no effort will be made to recover them.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Over in GiP a guy mentioned he served on a destroyer that came across a lost shipping container full of brass lamp fixtures and other such poo poo. They had to sink it with the ship's 5" gun, and apparently a naval artillery shell hitting a floating shipping container full of brass whatsits is exactly as awesome a spectacle as you'd expect.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Over in GiP a guy mentioned he served on a destroyer that came across a lost shipping container full of brass lamp fixtures and other such poo poo. They had to sink it with the ship's 5" gun, and apparently a naval artillery shell hitting a floating shipping container full of brass whatsits is exactly as awesome a spectacle as you'd expect.

Well poo poo, the brass ain't going like this....

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Friend you badly misunderstood what he meant by "fragging some brass"

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
maybe they should have strapped motors on shipping containers and used those on D-day

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

They have a whole fleet of ships that start with EVER, most ship collisions don't make the news, and there's nothing to indicate that's a recent photo. Where have you been for the past 5+ years that you think everyone should blindly listen to "a guy on Twitter"?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Powershift posted:

Garfield phones have been washing up on a beach in France for the last 30some years because of a container lost in the 80s.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/why-have-garfield-phones-been-washing-ashore-france-30-years-180971835/

Apparently they've now said the containers should all sink and no effort will be made to recover them.

Similarly, a load of bath toys was lost in the middle of the Pacific in 1992 and washed up all over the world, so widespread and so consistently that they were used to map ocean currents.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friendly_Floatees

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Lego Beach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FxfXVuHRjM

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Cat Hatter posted:

Where have you been for the past 5+ years that you think everyone should blindly listen to "a guy on Twitter"?

SA forums?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Platystemon posted:

Oxygen is a probably a narcotic at atmospheric concentration and pressure, via the same mechanisms that cause nitrogen and xenon and all the rest to be narcotic, it’s just not really possible to test it against a control group.

I've done deep water diving and am Exotic Gas qualified. Oxygen at depth is loving evil. It absolutely has narcotic effects. I've used Trimix 10/79/20 O/He/N up to about 100 meters. Deeper than that you start having to worry about hyperoxic issues from pressure and you have to use more extreme mixes.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Linked due to dead animal

https://i.redd.it/ko24j4jra6x71.jpg

Should’ve worn a hard hat

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Powershift posted:

Harbor Freight to the rescue...

https://www.harborfreight.com/pneumatic-dent-puller-69718.html

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Powershift posted:

I recognize Taylor Swift's

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Put...put your dick in it.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

ILL Machina posted:

thanks gently caress, I'm not the only one.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Nobody's gonna have trouble finding that man in the boat

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Powershift posted:

Vancouver island, but yeah. I watched and smelled it all go down!
How did I smell it? It caught fire afterwards.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/fire-container-ship-hazardous-materials-1.6223180

The coast is now covered in appliances which are having to be taken out via helicopter.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1455206094632984579
https://twitter.com/i/status/1455198165653622787

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Nov 2, 2021

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

...by blunderingly bulldozing byway's bermed border, building brief bottleneck/blockage beyond belief

Good god. Goon's got great gab goin'. Get gassed guys!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

ILL Machina posted:

Buddy, they don't even let me gently caress the ship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Zippy the Bummer posted:

maybe they should have strapped motors on shipping containers and used those on D-day
Just thinking of the first twenty minutes of Saving Private Ryan, but it's amidst piles of Garfield phones strewn across the beaches.