Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Communist Thoughts posted:

Taika: jangling keys in front of the screen
Director: ho-holy poo poo! How are you doing this??

https://twitter.com/SlayerofCis/status/1013635722287382529

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

is immigrant song really one of the most famous songs of all time i dont think its even the most famous led zeppelin song

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Some Guy TT posted:

is immigrant song really one of the most famous songs of all time i dont think its even the most famous led zeppelin song

Who doesn't remember the viking kittens?

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

his scenes in free guy were super cringey. It's like they took the antagonist from grandma's house and added a weird racial element. Also in what world are these videogame execs actually computer touchers

whoa, are you telling me a Hollywood movie is unrealistic?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

actually free guy is an extremely cogent anticapitalist statement about the poor working conditions of video game programmers

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Some Guy TT posted:

it actually is one of the more well known rock songs in the wider world, which is why it’s so loving funny the freaks at Disney didn’t know what it was

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I’d never heard it til School of Rock but then again I’m not an executive in the entertainment business

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
good lord, it is really famous

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Atrocious Joe posted:

Disney should have hired the real Kingo of Bollywood, Shah Rukh Khan.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

sorry im so unhip when you say dylan i think youre talking about dylan thomas whoever he was i just aint got no culture

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I'm Kingo of the world

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

no i am become phastos, destroyer of worlds

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/JesuInToast/status/1455270727389786115

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Hail to the Kingo, baby

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/ThatsJustJosh_/status/1455519345648586752

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

is Veep kind of crappy with politics like West Wing? I tried an episode a few years ago but stopped, can't remember why. I like Julia Louis-Dreyfus so considering another try

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

imagine waiting 2 hours for a fine take out burger

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

is Veep kind of crappy with politics like West Wing? I tried an episode a few years ago but stopped, can't remember why. I like Julia Louis-Dreyfus so considering another try

no

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Not at all. It also doesn't really have "politics" besides a general take that no politicians give a gently caress about you. In that way, it's probably one of the most realistic political shows ever.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
do not besmirch Armando Iannucci's name by associating him with the West Wing man.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Nichael posted:

Not at all. It also doesn't really have "politics" besides a general take that no politicians give a gently caress about you. In that way, it's probably one of the most realistic political shows ever.

ok cool that's what I'm looking for. just realism on how things work and how politicians actually feel

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

do not besmirch Armando Iannucci's name by associating him with the West Wing man.

All of his productions are great. Avenue 5 has one of the funniest scenes of the last few years in it, and it had me laughing so hard that it actually started to hurt my chest.

Spoilering it for people who care, but the airlock scene in the second to last episode was perfect.

Nichael has issued a correction as of 20:30 on Nov 2, 2021

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
https://twitter.com/ldrinkh20/status/1277385813966422016?s=21

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Every single BBQ spot in Koreatown had their employees in squid game costumes last weekend.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

ok cool that's what I'm looking for. just realism on how things work and how politicians actually feel

i can see why you might think veep was west wing style bullshit given how julia louis dreyfuss was a biden campaign surrogate and sleepy joe himself made lots of references to it

in a way the context of joe biden thinking her character was supposed to be sympathetic will probably greatly improve the viewing experience

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

iirc the party of the main character is never even mentioned, that's how little the politics matters (though it implies she is probably a democrat from context). It is just an avenue to display the feckless sociopathy of political elites, which it does splendidly

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

sorry im so unhip when you say dylan i think youre talking about dylan thomas whoever he was i just aint got no culture

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

drat horror queefs posted:

iirc the party of the main character is never even mentioned, that's how little the politics matters (though it implies she is probably a democrat from context). It is just an avenue to display the feckless sociopathy of political elites, which it does splendidly

I think at one point in the middle of the run they do briefly say she's a Democrat. But the fact that I can barely even remember the context of this line is evidence of how little that it even mattered.

Some Guy TT posted:

i can see why you might think veep was west wing style bullshit given how julia louis dreyfuss was a biden campaign surrogate and sleepy joe himself made lots of references to it

in a way the context of joe biden thinking her character was supposed to be sympathetic will probably greatly improve the viewing experience

No one sane would think Meyer is supposed to be a good person. Unfortunately, the President of the United States is a rich man with dementia.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

regret to inform you all that armando iannucci came down with a terrible case of corbyn-brain and lost the ability to make good satire

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Actually eternals is the best movie ever made

https://twitter.com/ErickWeber/stat...ingawful.com%2F

https://twitter.com/DRMovieNews1/st...ingawful.com%2F

https://twitter.com/MarvelHDgifs/st...ingawful.com%2F

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
lmao if they really were in disbelief

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
lmfao the execs are shocked!!! they're doing double back-flips and hitting themselves with big mallets because of how good KINGO is!!!

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
thinking to feige saying he didn't know practical sets could look so good and cinematography could make real things look so good

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Marvels overreaction to even the most tepid of criticism is really bizarre. It's almost... trumpian

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

what on earth is inspired by the revenant supposed to mean in the context of a superhero movie do they get mauled by bears and spend half the runtime attempting to stagger back to the nearest gas station

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
i would say that Immigrant Song the song is indeed famous, but not the name itself; you have to do the "aaah-aaahhhh-ah!" part to jumpstart most peoples' brains. so in some regard those execs were somewhat blameless if taika didn't do that in the meeting.

also i thought it was kind of annoying that he played it in the beginning scene of ragnarok and then again during the final battle; imo it's the kind of song and vibe you can only tap into once.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Zisky posted:

Every single BBQ spot in Koreatown had their employees in squid game costumes last weekend.

what the hell is going on in south korea and with south koreans? lol

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Uncle Wemus posted:

Actually eternals is the best movie ever made

https://twitter.com/MarvelHDgifs/st...ingawful.com%2F

God even the clip here (presumably used because it is "good") has terrible editing. It may be unnoticeable during the movie but the way Jolie sort of pops up between the first and second cut is really jarring in gif form

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
south korea is so intensely hypercapitalist that they're just ahead of the curve of packaging anticapitalism and selling it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Wow, hearing from a high-level source that [exactly what the movie studio wants you to think]