Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006

J posted:

Scourge maps put a set of mods on the map, a positive mod (rare monsters drop X), a negative mod, and a mod that changes how you shift into the nightmare realm. Roll the map before you put it in, if you put a white map in you get a white map out. Pick a map base that has a layout that is easy to keep track of where you've cleared since you want to be able to kill all the rare scourge mobs for the loot. When you increase the scourge tier of the map, you can get additional positive/negative mods, or the existing mods can increase a tier. It isn't like scourging regular items where the mods change every tier. Scourge maps have a tendency to increase the tier of the mods already on them, so for example if you have rare scourge monsters drop 1 additional X, that is quite likely to become rare scourge monsters drop 2 additional X. If the negative mod says take 3000 damage when you shift, that's likely to become take 6000 damage when you shift, etc. So if the mods suck, abandon ship and put in a new map. Once you have a map with good mods, keep scourging it until the mods become poo poo then stop and run it. Or if the mods stay good then take it all the way to tier10 for big loot.

Also try and run them when you've just leveled up because they can be pretty rippy. And remember not to run a white map as the last thing you do because daily master missions are based on the last run tier of map.

One other reason krangled items that drop in maps suck is that they seem to drop at a ratio of 1/1 weapons to armour, but rare weapons are much much less likely to be useful, and the mods on them are even shittier than ones on armour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I rolled a crit arc elementalist with aura stacking for old times sake. It's not nearly as good as Archmage Ball Lightning was but it's pretty good lol. I have garbage floor loot, a 10c 6L chest, a Presence of Chayula and two Heartseekers. And despite being LL on hobo gear, recoup + Petrified Blood + Temporal Rift means it's harder to rip in than you'd think. Could probably get an actual caster weapon and respec into either staff block or shield nodes instead of dual wield, or out of the tree cast speed I took for leveling and be very good. ~100k DPS mostly thanks to Pain Attunement. Non-crit lucky damage is stupid good. And old reservation reduction was technically better, but between masteries and the bigger numbers you can get easier now, you can fit a lot more auras without having to seriously invest in it. I'm out of gem slots now lol. I'd have to drop flame dash or one of my golems to fit any more at this point.

Someone on Reddit pointed out that a medium thread of hope hits all the good notables for a lightning build on top of witch and saves like 11 points, so maybe I'll actually gently caress with jewels like that for once.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

TyrantWD posted:

Could I start TR champ on about a 3-5ex budget?

My phys trapper is starting to die on juiced T15s+ and I want to play something that can face tank everything.

yeah but your damage will suck rear end, you really want that 10ex bow craft to get the damage to where its like, actually comfortable

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

queeb posted:

yeah but your damage will suck rear end, you really want that 10ex bow craft to get the damage to where its like, actually comfortable

That's late red maps tho and you've already got a functional build at that point.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

queeb posted:

This is just complete nonsense. Your damage will feel great with a porcupine set and a dread essence

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I wish there were more lightning attacks than charged dash, static strike, smite, and lightning strike.

I want more interesting melee skills in general. There's so many weird spells. More weird melee stuff! Or at least give more melee skills interactions with stances. Or more stances!

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Zero VGS posted:

I don't have the stuff to test but I'm quite sure Snakepit will work fine on it. Soulrend is a projectile spell and it specifically says "projectiles pierce all targets", so Snakepit overrides it with "your projectiles can't pierce". This is as opposed to a spell with a projectile that goes through enemies without mentioning piercing, such as Ball Lightning.

This works for Ice Spear, so should for Soulrend. I'm not sure why it would be worth the ring slot, but it's possible.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

TheRat posted:

This is just complete nonsense. Your damage will feel great with a porcupine set and a dread essence

well dang, if thats so i should do it, i wanna be crazy tanky. how did you find the movement speed?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

queeb posted:

well dang, if thats so i should do it, i wanna be crazy tanky. how did you find the movement speed?

As good as you want it to be. Run queen of the forest if you want more speed than tank.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

queeb posted:

Between frenzy charges from blood rage and move speed and boots, I'm at like 45%. Quicksilver and withering step and phasing really blast that through the moon.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

queeb posted:

Define comfortable. Because for some people it seems to be "well this build only does 3m DPS but with X it does 10m and that's acceptable I guess."

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Evil Fluffy posted:

Define comfortable. Because for some people it seems to be "well this build only does 3m DPS but with X it does 10m and that's acceptable I guess."

ill defer to rodent on this one as hes way more knowledgeable and is actually playing the build, he knows his stuff.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I was getting into red maps on a 4link +2, which was doable but not great. I was farming A8 sirus very comfortably on a +3 procupine, and I just killed maven.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Rodent1/characters?characterName=RodentTR

I have a t1 attackspeed hunter bow ready to craft as soon as I get an empower. But I'm not getting an empower :argh:

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006

TheRat posted:

I was getting into red maps on a 4link +2, which was doable but not great. I was farming A8 sirus very comfortably on a +3 procupine, and I just killed maven.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Rodent1/characters?characterName=RodentTR

This guy/gal toxics

E: creature

Cretin90 fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 2, 2021

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Cretin90 posted:

This guy/gal toxics

its a rat

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

ok i spent 2 ex on orbs of fusing to get a 6l and failed.... then i read about this new currency???? i got my 6l now with like 20c spent after a nice krangling. what a time to be alive!!!

damnfan
Jun 1, 2012
The scourge mechanic itself has been underwhelming to me but I appreciate the mindlessness of just pressing the button and killing mobs.

Scourged maps on the other hand have been printing money like crazy. Running scourged 10 t4 haunted mansions is so comfortable and easy. I got all the beyond passives and putting 20% delirious with beyond on map device.

Working on my LS Raider some more. Not sure if Farrul’s fur is a good route to go. It’s my first time playing the build. Anyone have thoughts on if it’s worth it over a attack crit crafted chest? I have 8 max frenzies and just 4 power charges.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Passive masteries are my favorite thing about this new season. Scourge meh.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Infernal Legion question - does this just create a single degen layer around all your minions, or does it scale with how many minions you can get to stack on a boss?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

Infernal Legion question - does this just create a single degen layer around all your minions, or does it scale with how many minions you can get to stack on a boss?

Single, no stacking.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Trash that idea.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tenzarin posted:

Passive masteries are my favorite thing about this new season. Scourge meh.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Ghostlight posted:

Trash that idea.

Yeah I tried real hard to make it work, it was bad

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

External Organs posted:

I wish there were more lightning attacks than charged dash, static strike, smite, and lightning strike.

The Touch of God!

Doryani's Touch slam is a thing and it's not terrible to use if you instantly trigger it with GenCry/Corpsewalk.

Even though I have one party member reducing all enemy resistance to -200% with Doryani's Prototype with 50% shock, and one party member applying 15% flat crit chance with Brittle, the damage still sucks for me on A8 conqs. It feels like there's no way to scale into millions of shaper DPS anymore unless you're either scaling way into crit multi or dot multi. I miss the days when I could just spam 100 VD orbs a second with Poet's Pen and that was good enough.

Vas suggests it's because I'm a dummy who puts too much attention into elaborate gimmicks and that's probably correct.

Speaking of Smite and Crit, here's someone with 66 million Smite DPS this league, and 1.4 million armour: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Jodox/JodoxOnHopium

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

PSA

https://clips.twitch.tv/VictoriousCooperativeTermiteLeeroyJenkins-LEeH9JdWr_SNZtp3

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Cool, latest patch gives me an instant CTD after character select, and I am not alone in that.

edit: Oh, but I can log into my Standard characters just fine...yay...

edit 2: Unfucked now

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Nov 3, 2021

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

I don't really understand why the mine camp can't be treated like a town, though I've definitely been glad it's not for when I'm setting up my AGs, but not getting flask charges and such is kinda annoying

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

No Safe Word posted:

I don't really understand why the mine camp can't be treated like a town, though I've definitely been glad it's not for when I'm setting up my AGs, but not getting flask charges and such is kinda annoying

Don't let that distract from the fact that Corrupting Blood is and always has been a bullshit mechanic that should be stricken from the game. I don't care if a corrupt jewel or mastery gets rid of it. It's just a dumb "gotcha" that you can't craft an auto-flask for.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zero VGS posted:

Don't let that distract from the fact that Corrupting Blood is and always has been a bullshit mechanic that should be stricken from the game. I don't care if a corrupt jewel or mastery gets rid of it. It's just a dumb "gotcha" that you can't craft an auto-flask for.

i don't understand why we needed a second kind of bleeding that works almost exactly the same including being purged with bleeding flasks but technically is not bleeding. i mean at least players can inflict it now but even then corrupting fever is just an extra thing on top unless youre a glad

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Larry Parrish posted:

i don't understand why we needed a second kind of bleeding that works almost exactly the same including being purged with bleeding flasks but technically is not bleeding. i mean at least players can inflict it now but even then corrupting fever is just an extra thing on top unless youre a glad

If you want to see Corrupted Blood that is actually interesting, this is worth a read if you're not ancient enough to remember it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrupted_Blood_incident

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

the new patch is out and the krangler is doing some weird things to scourge maps

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Is that just a display bug or did they, despite their best efforts, actually make the league fun?

edit: lol fun detected, realm shut down

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Nov 3, 2021

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

So my very dumb pre-league idea of a MoM/Agnostic/Archmage/March of the Legion Penance Brand Trickster is finally online and it’s… functional????? Only took like 3 or 4 ex to get it here unlike the 15 to 20 ex I predicted before the league. I’ll post the PoB tomorrow if anyone is interested. Some highlights after a brief evening of mapping:

- The clear is absurd, which works really well with this league mechanic
- Between the Trickster ascendancy and the new brand/mana masteries I have a ridiculous amount of life/mana recovery while things are dying. I almost feel invincible outside of actual one-shots
- With the new reservation mastery that gives 50% increased aura duration along with an increased duration gem link in my boots, my three blessed auras last almost 27s each which makes March not feel awful. I’d eventually like to get rid of the duration link so I can fit another aura for tank or damage, but I need to get better at piloting this build first
- Since I have supreme ego, I’m actually capping my ele resists with Purity of Elements. I thought this was gonna be a really stupid idea at first, but come to find out it’s only partially stupid cause if I play skillfully I shouldn’t get caught with my pants down. I’d ultimately like to get res capped with gear, but it’s actually proving very difficult, at least without more money
- The one problem I have with the play style so far is that my arcane cloak is on left click. If I accidentally use cloak right after cycling my auras on, it only supplies a pitifully small buff. I’m too lazy to give up on having it on left click currently, though
- I will say it feels a little unforgiving so far re: survivability. It’ll get better as I get better, but I don’t foresee this kind of build ever being HC viable. I also may need to fiddle around with flasks/auras a bit to get the tank tuned in
- I haven’t tried any kind of serious bossing yet. Tbh I’m not even sure what the boss DPS is like. I’ll try the usual ones eventually, but I’m thinking this guy is mostly gonna be a mapper

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Zero VGS posted:

lol

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

And Sirus's corrupted blood killed my AG one time! How was I supposed to interact with that as a non-Necro?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Zero VGS posted:

And Sirus's corrupted blood killed my AG one time! How was I supposed to interact with that as a non-Necro?

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Death%27s_Door

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Corrupted Blood isn't bleeding!

edit: Moving along from that topic, if I Scourge my map 10 times, there's like, no chance anyone would ever buy it, right? They seem to become completely umplayable after around 3 Scourges, like the "lose life per second" that just instagibs CI players.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Nov 3, 2021

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

I have officially won the league

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Manners, please...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Get Mjolnir to 81 (atziri farming loving owns this league) and run a t16 to get a temple. Something seems off, can’t figure it out. Realize as I go to bed that I’m running Inspiration and EB. So I’m in a 5L. Whoops.