Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Kale posted:

When I was glancing around the IOS charts today out of curiosity I kind of noticed Genshin at the top for Japan and China so the logic followed that they must have Hu Tao up already. Europe it was largely unchanged so but I think maybe she like just rolled out there in the last hour. I believe its nearly 8PM in western Europe and 5 hours ahead of EST.

Yeah, the banner went live here two hours ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You should save up your starglitter all the time anyways
unless you already have all 12? characters who show up in the shop rotation

I think I have everyone but Razor, but I don't particularly want him. I have plenty of electro characters and I've heard physical is pretty meh?

Also I did make Hamayumi, and I don't necessarily regret it but the moment I got better bows I stopped using it. So it seems like kind of a last resort thing.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

So, I stopped pulling on the last banner after winning the pity 50/50 to get Childe. Was walking into this banner with about 60ish wishes saved, I'm fine either way with Hu Tao, if I get her I'll be pleased, if I dont, well I'm currently grinding out the poo poo I need to level up Yanfei and Xiangling, and I've been using Duluc for a while, I'm not exactly hurting for pyro DPS. I'm really here for the 4* characters; I want Thoma to keep up "I have all the 4* characters in the game" and because I like the character, I could use some more of Sayus constelations because I'm planning on levelling her in the near future and using her for overworld poo poo. I've got Dionna at like C4 or so, so I dont need more for her, but another 1-2 wouldnt upset me.

Within 30 rolls I have Thoma C1, a Favonious Lance, 2 Sayu constelations, and Jean. Who is an entirely unexpected bonus! So thats reset pity counter, but I aint even a little mad because I got a decent 5* I didnt already have and I was nowhere near soft pity yet. I've got plenty primogens left for the next banner, but I might as well chuck another 10 down the drain and see if I get another Thoma constellation. Silly use of them, but I'm almost entirely ftp (I bought two battle passes a while back) so they didnt cost me poo poo anyway, and I'll probably have a decent number saved up when the banner rotates out in 20 days or whatever. My next 10 include another 2 Sayu constellations and Hu Tao.

So, at this point I think I need to go put a lottery ticket on. Plus grind out another decent VV set for Jean and then its back to the Crimson Witch mines for Thoma and Hu Tao. Plus look up some build guides because I'm not gonna lie; I assumed Hu Tao was a catalyst user for some reason.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kale posted:

When I was glancing around the IOS charts today out of curiosity I kind of noticed Genshin at the top for Japan and China so the logic followed that they must have Hu Tao up already. Europe it was largely unchanged so but I think maybe she like just rolled out there in the last hour. I believe its nearly 8PM in western Europe and 5 hours ahead of EST.

Incidentally I think the days of U.S being the second highest performing region for the game after China are well over since Inazuma launched though it was only evera razor thin margin over Japan anyway, but I doubt its been close since July. That may change once the story leaves Japan Inazuma but I kind of dont think so. Inazuma seems to have trended the polar opposite of how it did in the U.S at least in terms of online chatter and got a lot of people there into the game. The sense I get is Japan loves just about everything Mihoyo did with Inazuma.

aside from weirdos being mad about power levels or anniversaries I feel like most people really liked inazuma

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Jean's probably next to Bennet as one of the least gear dependent character in the game. Just give her any 4 piece VV set and raise her Ult a bit. Her Ult scales incredibly high off nothing and her main damage is falling physics

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
this took way too long to get

Not perfect by any means, but gently caress it I'm done

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

BabyRyoga posted:

which billet weapons are even worth making, honestly

Swords:
Iron sting is good for Kazuha and TF Bennett, and a few others, but can stay at R1. Amenoma is good on tons of characters that would like a bit of ER, but not enough to run an actual ER weapon (Ayaka, Jean, Kazuha, etc). You can minmax the refinement level for specific characters, but R5 is very comfy.

Spears:
Kitain is good on Xiangling if your Catch is on someone else. Starglitter is an ER statstick you might be forced to use, but you'll never be happy to.

Claymores:

Proto Archaic is a decent stat stick for almost everyone, but not really worth refining. Whiteblind is good for Noelle and Itto if you don't buy battlepass weapons. The Sayu claymore is an ER statstick you might be forced to use etc.

Catalysts:

Mappa Mare is better than nothing. Proto Amber is good if you want to make a more DPS oriented Kokomi. Yoi can also use it to make some characters like Ning and Mona into psuedo healers. Don't make Hakushin if you don't know what you're doing, but you can use it for some catalyst Beidou drivers.

Bows:

Proto Crescent is a decent stat stick and good for Ganyu.

Those are the ones I have positive opinions on.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
Handy, I've got three spear billets burning a hole in my pocket and Xianling is currently holding white tassel, so might make a kitain at some point.
However I'm planning on getting Hu Tao (I have guaranteed pity) and she's yet another spear user (Raiden, Zhongli, Rosaria and Xianling all competing for the good spears).

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I rechecked my rolls and I think I'm actually at like 60-isb pity on the character banner.

So wish me luck, I've gotta roll on it for more stardust+glitter so I can buy the last standard fate and also get C2 Bennet and Lisa. I just want Thoma and Sayu c0.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
If I have a C5 Sucrose and a C0 Venti, along with a C6 Fischl, should I invest/use Sucrose or Venti more?

Seems Venti’s burst is stronger but Sucrose has better passives.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

theblackw0lf posted:

If I have a C5 Sucrose and a C0 Venti, along with a C6 Fischl, should I invest/use Sucrose or Venti more?

it depends on whether or not your DPS can hit stuff in venti's ult. sucrose is better for a childe/xiangling team, for example

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

theblackw0lf posted:

I'd say Sucrose, she can spam her various grouping abilities, and doesn't pull things out of melee range. Plus she passes her EM to the rest of the party, and if you get her C6 her ult adds an extra buff. She's also a good "carry" for a team based around off field damage.

But I'm a bit biased, she's my favorite.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

cmon cmonnnn i need the loving dopamine hit from rolling CHANGE THE BANNER

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
first 10-roll after the banner change

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Gandlethorpe how do you feel about Moun's moon on Aloy? Outside of the burst cost antisynergy it seems pretty ideal.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

GUYS GUYS IT'S TIME IF YOU'RE EASTERN TIMEZONE (BEST TIMEZONE) IT IS TIME FOR HU TAO :ghost:

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Hm. "I should pull on the weapon banner, just about anything will be good"

Gives me 5 Rainslashers and a Beidou the only c6 char I have in a row.

Might uninstall this game out of spite, I don't expect to get a worse than worse case scenario when I pull 50 times on something.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

FIRST ROLL

I'VE BEEN BLESSED WITH BOTH HU TAO -AND- (two) THOMA WOWSERS

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Nov 3, 2021

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

Okay I kept rolling until I got Thomas.

I think I have around 30 rolls until I hit the next (soft) pity. I also happen to have about that much primos left.

Should I try to get Hu Tao C1, or save?

AugustusLove
Mar 27, 2010
Finally won my first 50/50 on Hu Tao and got all the featured characters in 70 rolls.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Oh man Sayu is fun as hell

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Oh man, I'm missing every single 4* on the current banner. But I don't particularly want Hu Tao, and I still don't have 180 rolls saved up for the Itto Fund, so I can't grab any of them. :smith:
Hopefully Diona shows up again soon.

theblackw0lf posted:

Venti's burst is way stronger, both doing a billion more damage from the constant swirl procs (if you build EM), and also grouping enemies up so you can easily do 5x more damage by hitting everything with your AOEs. His ability to group enemies up and to keep them together in the face of knockback is way stronger than Sucrose's. A lot of the new inazuma enemies were super heavy and harder to pull / suck up on release so Venti was kinda neutered against them but since then they've partially reduced that. (And Sucrose's pulls are even worse against those heavy, CC-resistant mobs.)

Sucrose's partywide EM buffs are great, especially if you're trying to get the biggest possible single-hit damage number in a screenshot, but in general if your main dps can hit stuff in Venti's vortex he's better overall.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Nov 3, 2021

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I spent 110 banked wishes on this banner (so far):
Lost 50/50, got Keqing (gently caress you game)
Favonius Greatsword (gently caress you again)
SacFrag (seriously, die)
4 Dionas
3 Thomas
3 Sayus

And I'm stopping on

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

Situation:

I got Hu Tao right away, but kept rolling until I got Thoma. I'm about 30 rolls away from the next soft pity.

Questions for the experts:

1. Should I try to get Hu Tao C1? I'm thinking no, save for the next character. 🐦
2. Should I refine the Dragon's Bane to R2? I'm thinking not right now.
3. Should I buy Bennett? Or save for Xingqiu? I'm thinking save for Xingqiu.
4. Now that I finally have a bunch more characters to work with (but still no XQ), what two teams should I assemble for Abyss?

Boat Stuck fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Nov 3, 2021

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Well my Diona is C6, guess I should start using her.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

spent all my primos and now hu tao is at c2, both sayu and diona at c6, and i finally got thoma on my last few rolls

not bad, i was not expecting to pull 8 sayus. guess i should build her too then

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

burned 10000 primos and 11 fates and these were the important ones

took sayu from c2 to c6, diona to c4

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

was hoping to get the 4 star spear off the weapon banner, but i got hutao c1 and homa so i guess i can't complain too much. used about 60...? of my banked rolls. not too bad honestly. will probably prep my pity a bit on this character banner since its pretty good, only missing sayu still of the 4 stars.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Boat Stuck posted:

3. Should I buy Bennett? Or save for Xingqiu? I'm thinking save for Xingqiu.

The starglitter shop follows a 6-month rotation. We just saw XQ the shop before last, so it'll be 4 months until he rotates in again.
Buy bennett, he's one of the best characters in the game (especially paired with your level 80 Xiangling who needs a good pyro battery to keep her burst rolling) and you'll probably have enough for a XQ in 4 months anyways.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Nov 3, 2021

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
Holy poo poo, I just pulled Staff of Homa and a sac sword on a 10 pull, and then Hu Tao, and C3 Thoma in 30 pulls. And I still have 6k primos left for next banner! What the actual poo poo?

AND I dodged Diona, who's C8 at this point!

edit; This is entirely because I just upgraded Xiao's deathmatch to R3 this battlepass I guess. Time to give Xiao a lil upgrade until Hu Tao gets decent artifacts, I guess!

Dramatika fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Nov 3, 2021

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The starglitter shop follows a 6-month rotation. We just saw XQ the shop before last, so it'll be 4 months until he rotates in again.
Buy bennett, he's one of the best characters in the game (especially paired with your level 80 Xiangling who needs a good pyro battery to keep her burst rolling) and you'll probably have enough for a XQ in 4 months anyways.

Okay that makes sense, I'll probably be getting enough Starglitter for XQ in a few months even with only Welkin. Bennett purchased.

edit:

lol, this is from Bennett's 1st ascension Acquaint fate:

That's 30% of a XQ right there. although I don't think I have a use for the catalyst at the moment.

Good advice to buy, thanks!

Boat Stuck fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 3, 2021

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

im not even risking it for thoma. i have guaranteed pity and the last time i had guaranteed pity that's how i turned into a childe main. im being strong for itto :v:

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>
ugh, got to ~70 pity and then lost the 50/50, getting c0 Mona without enough pulls left for a guarantee.

was feeling very sad.
BUT 2 CLICKS LATER

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Took almost 80 pulls but I finally got C1 Hu Tao after setting up a guarantee getting Jean on the last banner. Only left me with 12 pulls so 10 pulled weapon banner and got a Homa. Never did get a Thoma but I did C6 Diona and C5 Sayu. Guess I'm back to saving and hoping I get lucky with Itto down the line.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

No Wave posted:

Gandlethorpe how do you feel about Moun's moon on Aloy? Outside of the burst cost antisynergy it seems pretty ideal.

I don't usually pay attention to limited time weapons since weapon banner is a myth, but that does look like a pretty good bow for her. I still prefer crit stats, but I think it's a worthy alternative for the higher base ATK, ATK scaling (she has way more innate Cryo DMG compared to ATK), and a passive that does something for DPS (even at minimum it's +20% but realistically it'll be around 25-30). If you can somehow get god crit rolls on artifacts, it may even win out in the end.

Edit: wooh, got Thoma in my second 10-pull :toot: Now I can save up for all the Geo-bois

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Nov 3, 2021

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Lol third pull was C1 Hu Tao. Still no Sayu. 4 Thomas, C2 Diona, C1 Ben (At last!)

I presume this is where I should stop, even if Hu Tao is my favorite character? (I still have over 10,000 primos)

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Nov 3, 2021

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I need practice or something because after an hour a levelled and geared (41k hp, 60% crit / 120% crit dmg) c0 Hu Tao with my usual XQ / Kaz and a new Thoma to swirl Pyro off of...does not feel great? I assume I just need to practice at jump-canceling the dashes and getting better at window timing.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

https://twitter.com/beeftaxi/status/1455005499238223877

Selane
May 19, 2006

Well, my last pull was Raiden so I'm on 0 pity so it's gonna take a while-
Welp got lucky but lost 50/50, gonna take another 70 or so wishes to-

Well, I didn't see that coming. I've on occasion gotten a pity pull followed shortly by a luck pull, but this is the first time I've ever gotten a pity and then two luck pulls back to back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I wanted Thoma but game said no :mad:

I'll keep trying later.