Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Nucleic Acids posted:

Odds on the marriage fully dying before 2022? Or do you think they'll try to stretch it out so Pete doesn't run as a bachelor in 2024?

What makes you think that they aren't staying in a loveless marriage for political reasons already?

Mutual revulsion towards and fear of stripper poles is not a basis for a relationship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

The Democrats cannot fail they can only be failed. Though lol they're gonna get crushed in 2022 because yeah even if they get rid of Manchin and Siemma there's 5-10 others who quietly support them and would go into their place if necessary.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

What makes you think that they aren't staying in a loveless marriage for political reasons already?

Mutual revulsion towards and fear of stripper poles is not a basis for a relationship.

Really hard to imagine a real relationship surviving the "If I could take a pill and be straight I'd do it in a heartbeat" line, said right in front of his partner.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 373 days!

Nucleic Acids posted:

Odds on the marriage fully dying before 2022? Or do you think they'll try to stretch it out so Pete doesn't run as a bachelor in 2024?
It will stay alive as long as Pete is politically viable, it polls well (I think?) and Pete is cognizant of the optics game (see:mimicking obamas mannerisms perfectly, "high hopes")

poor chasten:(

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

like I think this year I gave $25 to one democrat because she called me and seemed nice. she asked for $250 tho which was not nice :thunk:

that's it that's my contributions to democrats this year and it's already way too loving much imo

I did tell her I'd have given more if she'd just run as a communist and that I hate the dems

I gave $100 to Jess Scarane and then dodged a call from Delaware because somebody else had posted that the campaign was calling even donors that small to hit them up for more money and that sounds like the most awkward conversation I'd ever have in my life.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/LHSummers/statu...ingawful.com%2F

:thunk:

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The 2nd panel should say "No, it's the children who should be touched".

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://twitter.com/PEWilliams_/sta...ingawful.com%2F

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
oh, cool

https://twitter.com/libbycwatson/st...ingawful.com%2F

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

When Larry Summers thinks you are shelling out too much to the rich

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Aren't pharma patents a lot shorter than regular ones? Are they just grandfathering in all the current price-gouging of cancer patients here?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/...ingawful.com%2F

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

I gave $100 to Jess Scarane and then dodged a call from Delaware because somebody else had posted that the campaign was calling even donors that small to hit them up for more money and that sounds like the most awkward conversation I'd ever have in my life.

next time jess calls you, feel free to forward the call to me. i will gladly talk to jess, for hours and hours. we can talk about a lot of things. the forums, nichael, ap history, the mall, top40 music, you name it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Smythe posted:

next time jess calls you, feel free to forward the call to me. i will gladly talk to jess, for hours and hours. we can talk about a lot of things. the forums, nichael, ap history, the mall, top40 music, you name it.

Man their campaign was in real sad state if the actual candidate was calling $100 donors

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 373 days!
hmmm....better not pass any of these, just to be safe

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

Man their campaign was in real sad state if the actual candidate was calling $100 donors

my nonprofit makes more than the jess campaign (although they did raise a nice sum it appears well done nichael) and ive called people for less. ive had the artistic director call for less!! sometims u have small donors but their demographics indicate that maybe sometime in the future they could be large donors... so u have to nurture the relationship to coax it out of them. this is a little thing called "sucking dick for money" ... technical term we use in the nonprofit 'biz

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

tenderjerk posted:

hmmm....better not pass any of these, just to be safe
20%+15%+11% = 46% drop in votes.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

It really is wild how broadly popular these policies are, even across party lines, and yet our government can't/won't implement them. This is a badly broken institution.

E: a few days old, but this entire thread
https://twitter.com/Patrick_Wyman/status/1453468344942694403

C-Euro has issued a correction as of 21:35 on Nov 2, 2021

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
when lenin was talking about revolutionary defeatism I think he meant the democrats. homeboy knew

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Feldegast42 posted:

When Larry Summers thinks you are shelling out too much to the rich

I'm sure it's just an attempt at guillotine mitigation and he's actually donating heavily to the FYGM cause

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Smythe posted:

don’t forget to tell her nacheal is a Chris coons plant destroying Delaware from within.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/TheDemocrats/st...ingawful.com%2F

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Nucleic Acids posted:

The Whore of a Babylon in Virginia will nit allow its prime agent to divorce.

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

the libs are gonna be the one's needing some "salt relief" after the next election iykwim! lol

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Smythe posted:

my nonprofit makes more than the jess campaign (although they did raise a nice sum it appears well done nichael) and ive called people for less. ive had the artistic director call for less!! sometims u have small donors but their demographics indicate that maybe sometime in the future they could be large donors... so u have to nurture the relationship to coax it out of them. this is a little thing called "sucking dick for money" ... technical term we use in the nonprofit 'biz

you should suck my dick for free bitch. haha just kidding.... unelss??

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if pete needs a boost then expect the prop husband to die tragically, possibly with the prop children. he can't pull off obama but he can sure as hell pull off biden.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

*rushes into thread out of breath* did someone say "the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022?"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

really queer Christmas posted:

you should suck my dick for free bitch. haha just kidding.... unelss??

you would like for me, a man, to suck you dick, due to your overwhelming g*yness. whereas i would suck a mans dick to deprive a woman of the pleasure due to misogyny.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I just think it's amazing we went from Joe "One Term" Biden to Joe "I Am Running" Biden in the breath of 2 news cycles and no one in the MSM fuckin batted an eyelash

he did that to lie and to placate the fearful masses clearly

he's america's rock you see, that nobody asked

if he said otherwise, then what~

joe biden's an idiot fucker pageantry politician and serial liar, this is just "tradition" and keeping the status quo kind of poo poo, return to normal :tootzzz:

the media won't prod that because its not in the interest given all the ripples of failing institutions and a dying country as sectarian infighting regularly occurs

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

sounds like 7 in 10 Americans know what’s in the package to me

Clever Moniker
Oct 29, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

(D) fund the police

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Still time to give everyone that $600, I mean it couldn't hurt

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol he gets it but cant accept it

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Imagine thinking politics should be about making the voter's life better. Couldn't be (D).

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Personally I would trust authoritarians to fix potholes before non-authoritarians but that's just me

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/stat...mber%3D3393pti3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Thanks kamala