Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Hahaha oooh boy I’m going to hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Michigan above OU is certainly a take

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Committee disrespecting the mighty Cincinnati Bearcat

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Poor cincy

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
CFP rankings

1. Georgia
2. Alabama
3. Michigan State
4. Oregon
5. Ohio State
6. Cincinnati
7. Michigan
8. Oklahoma
9. Wake Forest
10. Notre Dame
11. Oklahoma State
12. Baylor
13. Auburn
14. Texas A&M
15. BYU
16. Ole Miss
17. Mississippi State
18. Kentucky
19. NC State
20. Minnesota
21. Wisconsin
22. Iowa
23. Fresno State
24. San Diego State
25. Pittsburgh

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Did you actually think Cincy would sniff the playoffs? They, Houston, UCF cost ESPN money when they bolted to a Fox conference and left ESPN holding a billion dollar bag of crap. ESPN started the Anti-Cincy propaganda around halftime of their game on Saturday.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Nov 3, 2021

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Absolute trash

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

sadbearcat.jpg

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
We desperately need to see Oregon get smoked by Georgia.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

UGA's gonna Fingerpoke of Doom against Bama just to screw Cincy out of the Playoffs

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Edward Mass posted:

CFP rankings

1. Georgia
2. Alabama
3. Michigan State
4. Oregon
5. Ohio State
6. Cincinnati
7. Michigan
8. Oklahoma
9. Wake Forest
10. Notre Dame
11. Oklahoma State
12. Baylor
13. Auburn
14. Texas A&M
15. BYU
16. Ole Miss
17. Mississippi State
18. Kentucky
19. NC State
20. Minnesota
21. Wisconsin
22. Iowa
23. Fresno State
24. San Diego State
25. Pittsburgh

Lol at no SMU or Houston, but loving Miss St and Wisconsin are ranked. Minnesota lost to Scott Lofler and Bowling Green

Ranks are rigged against Cinci

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Maybe if they finish a presumed 14-0 this year they’ll be able to get in as #4 next year if they go 13-0.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

well the committee wanted attention and they got it

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Maybe if they finish a presumed 14-0 this year they’ll be able to get in as #4 next year if they go 13-0.

UCF did exactly that and they didn't even come close.

A G5 could go undefeated for ten years straight and never even come close in the eyes of this cartel. The G5 aren't in the cartel, they're ineligible for the playoff. I guess the G5 is going to have to win access through the courts.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Lol at no SMU or Houston

If you rank them you legitimize Cincinnati wins in conference and nooope can't have that

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Nov 3, 2021

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

:smug: Cincy should've tried winning last year's Peach Bowl :smug:

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Lol at no SMU or Houston, but loving Miss St and Wisconsin are ranked. Minnesota lost to Scott Lofler and Bowling Green

Mississippi State has beaten more ranked teams than anyone else ya dangus

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Cincy will be allowed to make it next year when they join the big boys.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
:lol: Oklahoma

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Edward Mass posted:

CFP rankings

1. Georgia
2. Alabama
3. Michigan State
4. Oregon
5. Ohio State
6. Cincinnati
7. Michigan
8. Oklahoma
9. Wake Forest
10. Notre Dame
11. Oklahoma State
12. Baylor
13. Auburn
14. Texas A&M
15. BYU
16. Ole Miss
17. Mississippi State
18. Kentucky
19. NC State
20. Minnesota
21. Wisconsin
22. Iowa
23. Fresno State
24. San Diego State
25. Pittsburgh

I don't think it's finished for Cincy. Georgia will likely smoke Alabama....or at least hand them a second loss. OSU should take care of both Michigan and MSU. MSU I seriously doubt makes it through the remaining three games without a second loss. Oregon is prone to clunkers. B12 is impossible to know. Wake.....who knows what happens if they manage to win out. Can't see ND bunny hopping the undefeated Cincy team that beat them heads up.

Cincy just needs to focus on not dropping more clunkers. At this point....style points DO matter. Squeaking out wins against teams they should beat handily is why an undefeated power five Oklahoma team is #8.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Georgia will likely smoke Alabama....or at least hand them a second loss.

Yes this would be very nice, but I gotta ask how you came to this conclusion.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Dalmuti posted:

Mississippi State has beaten more ranked teams than anyone else ya dangus

There must be some sort of mistake. I've been told that only Dan Mullen could do this sort of thing at Mississippi State.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Just taking a moment to get some schadenfreude from PSU fans on a different site not understanding why a team that lost three in a row might be deemed unworthy of a ranking by the playoff committee.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
Alabama absolutely does not deserve to be number 2. Their best win is either of the Mississippi schools who don't play defense. Neither win matches up to Oregon beating OSU in Columbus, or honestly even any higher than where Penn State or Minnesota likely finish the year. Their loss is worse than Ohio State's and probably even Oregon's when you factor in that Oregon still had a chance to win in regulation. That's just absolute marketing hype. If they win out and beat Georgia, fine, let's talk, but their best regular season win is potentially what, Auburn? A team that Sean Clifford beat no less.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

D.N. Nation posted:

Yes this would be very nice, but I gotta ask how you came to this conclusion.

Georgia is in a completely different league this year. Defense is absolutely nuts. And Alabama's defense isn't even close to what it has been in previous years. They lost too much from last year's team and it shows. The loss to a Texas A&M team coming off back to back losses to Mississippi State and Arkansas? Seems unreal....but it happened.

Smoke was probably the wrong word. But I think it will likely be convincing.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

what the gently caress are we doing at 20

this is ridiculous

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

D.N. Nation posted:

:smug: Cincy should've tried winning last year's Peach Bowl :smug:

If Cincy hangs 70 on Georgia in that Peach Bowl, blows up Ohio State's plane in midair, go to Columbus and steals OSU's uniforms, hangs 70 on Alabama, and executes a perfect Chaos Dunk on Miami killing 2/3 of the population of south Florida...they'd still be #6 tonight.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Minnesota lost a fluke game against BG when their coaching staff tried to play a mega-vanilla offense. But they are 4-1 in the Big Ten. SMU and Houston have beaten a big bag of combined nothing.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Soup du Jour posted:

what the gently caress are we doing at 20

this is ridiculous

4-1 in the Big Ten. Get over it.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

It won't matter even indirectly for the Top 4, but UTSA being undefeated this late in the season, and posting a power 5 win, but still being completely unranked is a stealth contender for biggest insult on this list.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

LLCoolJD posted:

There must be some sort of mistake. I've been told that only Dan Mullen could do this sort of thing at Mississippi State.

inshallah them dawgs is hell dont they

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

CFP rankings

1. Georgia
2. Alabama
3. Michigan State
4. Oregon
5. Ohio State
6. Cincinnati
7. Michigan
8. Oklahoma
9. Wake Forest
10. Notre Dame
11. Oklahoma State
12. Baylor
13. Auburn
14. Texas A&M
15. BYU
16. Ole Miss
17. Mississippi State
18. Kentucky
19. NC State
20. Minnesota
21. Wisconsin
22. Iowa
23. Fresno State
24. San Diego State
25. Pittsburgh
I found the voter fraud

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

RestingB1tchFace posted:

I don't think it's finished for Cincy. Georgia will likely smoke Alabama....or at least hand them a second loss. OSU should take care of both Michigan and MSU. MSU I seriously doubt makes it through the remaining three games without a second loss. Oregon is prone to clunkers. B12 is impossible to know. Wake.....who knows what happens if they manage to win out. Can't see ND bunny hopping the undefeated Cincy team that beat them heads up.

Cincy just needs to focus on not dropping more clunkers. At this point....style points DO matter. Squeaking out wins against teams they should beat handily is why an undefeated power five Oklahoma team is #8.

They're absolutely gonna do the thing detailed on the Fullcast where they say "Cinci has a weak schedule and their only good win is Notre Dame, but ND has a great schedule and their only loss is a good Cinci."

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Spiritus Nox posted:

It won't matter even indirectly for the Top 4, but UTSA being undefeated this late in the season, and posting a power 5 win, but still being completely unranked is a stealth contender for biggest insult on this list.

the whole list a drat sham but yeah that one is really terrible

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
OU should be more upset than Cincinnati, honestly. Wake, too.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

As an Oregon fan I want nothing to do with Georgia's defense this season. Cinci should have our spot or the number 2 spot.

What the gently caress is Bama doing there or is this a legacy ranking recognizing their past decade?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Bama at 2 means they can still sneak in with a SECCG loss lol

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

chaoslord posted:

Bama at 2 means they can still sneak in with a SECCG loss lol

I agree with the reasoning and can't find a refutation of it so count me down as mad about it already.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Cincy didn't look great the last two weeks, but 6 is still low given OSU didn't destroy PSU.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Henchman of Santa posted:

They're absolutely gonna do the thing detailed on the Fullcast where they say "Cinci has a weak schedule and their only good win is Notre Dame, but ND has a great schedule and their only loss is a good Cinci."

Yeah....you might be right. But then again....ND has snuck into the bottom twice in the previous three years and wasn't competitive.

Maxwells Demon posted:

As an Oregon fan I want nothing to do with Georgia's defense this season. Cinci should have our spot or the number 2 spot.

What the gently caress is Bama doing there or is this a legacy ranking recognizing their past decade?

It's 100% a legacy ranking. Alabama can claim a spot in the CFP by winning out. I can just see the CFP trying to justify a two-loss Alabama team in the playoffs over a one loss power five team because they played close with Georgia. Hope that Georgia wins decisively and it doesn't come to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Minnesota lost a fluke game against BG when their coaching staff tried to play a mega-vanilla offense. But they are 4-1 in the Big Ten. SMU and Houston have beaten a big bag of combined nothing.

RestingB1tchFace posted:

4-1 in the Big Ten. Get over it.

4-1 in the B1G, with such impressive wins as: Northwestern, Maryland, Nebraska and Purdue