Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

November Dispatch is out!

Episode 575 — Zookeeper

Episode 576 — The 6th Day

Episode 577 — Honey, I Shrunk the Kids

Episode 578 — Chairman of the Board

Episode 579 — Taken: Live in Chicago!

Patreon Episodes:

Patreon Exclusive We Love Movies — Ghostbusters (1984)

Animation Damnation — Extreme Ghostbusters: "Darkness at Noon" (s1, e1)

The Nexus: TOS: "Assignment: Earth" (s2 e26) TNG: "The Price" (s3, e8)

Gleep Glossary: Barada

Melr0210: 90210: "Wildfire" (s2, e8) Melrose Place: "Pushing Boundaries" (s1, e28)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL0WayC7jW0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Zurtilik posted:

I feel like I don't even care what they talk about at this point I've so associated their voice with a comforting drive to and from work and they could read the back of a shampoo bottle and I'd probably tune in still.

Eric is my favorite, full stop. I started watching TJ Hooker just to get more Eric.

Hooked on TJ Hooker is so drat funny. Eric rules.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
And here I was hoping for a Kevin Jamesgiving.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Rageaholic posted:

Episode 576 — The 6th Day

There’s been a lack of Arnold on this show and I’m glad to have him back

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Rageaholic posted:

[spoiler]
Episode 577 — Honey, I Shrunk the Kids

Why would this be there? It wasn't critically panned at the time. Unless this is a typo and they're doing one of the much shittier sequels.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

enigmahfc posted:

him doing an entire episode as Trump was inspired. I hated it, because gently caress that mush mouthed shitbag, but I did appreciate his commitment to the bit. Plus Eric's Trump is the best out of all of them.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Ooooh this is a good month

Police_monitoring
Oct 11, 2021

by sebmojo

enigmahfc posted:

All of Eric’s inscrutable semi-failed side podcasts rule, just deeply deeply stoned stuff. Some times him and Ben enter a zen state where they’re dangling such a strange riff at each other they both lock up

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

enigmahfc posted:

I love that Eric plays dumb 99% of the time, and then he'll pop off with some political or historical reference that makes you realize he's actually the most worldly of the bunch.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
He's also seemingly the most depressed and tells some jokes that make you genuinely worry sometimes. :smith:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Most comedians are broken, it’s what makes them funny.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

That's mostly true. But it doesn't make me any less worried. :ohdear:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

They're millennials, being depressed is our thing.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Detheros posted:

They're millennials, being depressed is our thing.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

ohrwurm posted:

There’s been a lack of Arnold on this show and I’m glad to have him back

Same, I think they pace him carefully so as not to run out too soon. I honestly thought they'd already done the 6th day though. A lot of his late 90s stuff just runs together and looking over the Arnold episodes I'm not sure which I confused it with. I have one of the guys voices in my head doing their Arnold growling "He's in my house, eating my cake!" and I'm wondering if I just made it up or if that line isn't even from this movie.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

jojoinnit posted:

Same, I think they pace him carefully so as not to run out too soon. I honestly thought they'd already done the 6th day though. A lot of his late 90s stuff just runs together and looking over the Arnold episodes I'm not sure which I confused it with. I have one of the guys voices in my head doing their Arnold growling "He's in my house, eating my cake!" and I'm wondering if I just made it up or if that line isn't even from this movie.

They've referenced 6th day a lot so they may have done that line at some point.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Maybe you mixed it up with End of Days or Eraser.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Just a random thought, but I feel like they need to do more Burt Reynolds movies. And move 70s movies.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Fezz posted:

Just a random thought, but I feel like they need to do more Burt Reynolds movies. And move 70s movies.

Agreed. I’d like to see them do some grindhouse/exploitation movies now and then. But there’s lot of podcasts that already cover that niche. And there’s a lot things those movies tend to feature that they probably don’t want touch these days.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Jose Oquendo posted:

Agreed. I’d like to see them do some grindhouse/exploitation movies now and then. But there’s lot of podcasts that already cover that niche. And there’s a lot things those movies tend to feature that they probably don’t want touch these days.

Those would just be more Side Orders of Sleaze

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Iron Crowned posted:

Those would just be more Side Orders of Sleaze

Yes and I want more sleaze

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Still laughing about testicles reenacting Executive Decision

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1456623250117701637

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Just saw it hit the Patreon feed, just waiting for it to update on Pocket Casts.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
The Ghostbusters episode was pretty great and it's fun to hear their love for it come out so sincerely. I need to break that one out. Was going to watch it for Halloween with my son but we went with The Sixth Sense instead. Haven't seen that movie in probably 15 years so I think it's time and perfect for a 10 year old.

And I still loving love Steve's tendency to laugh out loud at something while repeating the punch line.

Like: (Laughing) " rep-eee-eatting... the punch liii-neee...Ohhhhh, maaan..."

I've been wanting to incorporate it into my day to day but I think it's just a natural form of expression he has.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 7, 2021

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Ghostbusters is indeed great and afterlife will probably blow for the reasons they stated. Their hesitance to say ‘16 was bad and just going “ehhh it was fine?” is pretty weak sauce though. It’s ok to admit it ended up being garbage no one will think you’re an MRA or whatever.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Hemsworth is the only thing I even remember about 2016.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

weekly font posted:

Ghostbusters is indeed great and afterlife will probably blow for the reasons they stated. Their hesitance to say ‘16 was bad and just going “ehhh it was fine?” is pretty weak sauce though. It’s ok to admit it ended up being garbage no one will think you’re an MRA or whatever.
I thought '16 was fine and a lot of people did. Like I have no need to rewatch it, but Hemsworth, Jones, and Cecily Strong were pretty etertaining in it. The biggest problem with it is probably that Melissa McCarthy isn't as as good a slapstick comedian as she thinks she is although she is a pretty good actress.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Timeless Appeal posted:

I thought '16 was fine and a lot of people did. Like I have no need to rewatch it, but Hemsworth, Jones, and Cecily Strong were pretty etertaining in it. The biggest problem with it is probably that Melissa McCarthy isn't as as good a slapstick comedian as she thinks she is although she is a pretty good actress.

The biggest problem is the script had giant sections that only said [hilarious improv here] and any scenes with obvious riffing were painful. Also Paul Feig is a bad director.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Here I am watching Seinfeld and it's spoiling plot points for future Melrose Place episodes! Looking forward to their reaction to Kimberly stealing Jo's baby, Billy sleeping with Allison's best friend, Jane's fiance kidnapping Sydney and taking her to Vegas, and Jane sleeping with Michael again.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
https://twitter.com/PL_Boucher/status/1457440035356225543

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

You can lick anything

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://twitter.com/jupin/status/1458172753928986630?s=20

Andrew giving off full Dennis vibes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8e5Ej4uyto&t=27s

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Pretty good WLM. Most of them are misses for me, since I usually don't find it interesting to hear them repeat "X is so awesome, oh, and now Y, so awesome!" But if the movie in question is weird enough they can still make it fun. This was one of those times.

Man these guys really just hate modern movies huh. Literally everything's wrong with the industry, be it lack of sex or pretty actors.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Film people always lament about how film is dying. Tale as old as time.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
they like plenty of modern movies though? the episode about an old arnold movie has lots of random raving over the new dune because they can't contain how much they liked it.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Not necessarily the WHM boys but like this seems to be a large issue with people (probably not critics because of the following point) in general who bemoan the “state of film” but then those people don’t go to the theaters to support small or interesting pictures.. No one who is complaining about marvel movies went to see Spencer this weekend (pulled in 3 mill) and will definitely be waiting for it to hit steaming, but they’ll still bemoan the state of movies nowadays even though there is not only a great number of domestic, interesting and thought provoking films coming out every month but the international market is even more saturated with great stuff, but still they don’t go out there.

I’m sure they have some small valid reasons (and a lot of made up ones), but also I think that nostalgia has a place in this too. They’re not “thrilled” by movies anymore because they saw all the classics when they were younger and don’t get that same juice from new stuff because there isn’t like that large system that’s been selling you on how important 2001: A Space Odyssey as a youth for years until you finally got to see it. Now it’s like “oh poo poo you gotta see Titane, you’ll never have seen anything like it” and they go “yea but when do I have the time?” (And go back to streaming Ted Lasso again).

Stellan Skarsgard was right. It isn’t Marvels fault. The money is in peoples complacency and ease of streaming and television so that’s where the production and budgets go to. We don’t get erotic 90’s thrillers anymore because now they’re on Netflix as a series called You and they can get three seasons out of it and a lot more money out of the investment. Both stars and the production.

What do I know though. I’m watching 300 on UHD with a tall glass of water right now.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Yeah the constant nagging on Marvel for being sexless for instance is getting grating IMO. I don't particularly care about superhero movies (the last one I saw in theatres was....the last Spiderman movie?). The neat thing about genres you find uninspiring or not fun is that you can actually....not watch them!

The idea that movies has become sexless is also bullshit IMO. If you expect hardcore sex scenes in every big blockbuster then yeah, you're bound to be disappointed, as you must've been for the last 50 years or so, because overt sexual content was never really the norm. It stood out in the movies who "dared" to go there, and there's still movies that does. Just not the ones made by Disney, but who gives a poo poo?

The Green Knight had a surprisingly graphic handjob scene, I wonder if they've seen that?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Jupins job is literally to see all the movies and decide what shows at the Burns. They just like 10s or 1s. The worst a movie can be is a five that you forget as you watch it, like most modern Blockbusters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

BigglesSWE posted:

Yeah the constant nagging on Marvel for being sexless for instance is getting grating IMO. I don't particularly care about superhero movies (the last one I saw in theatres was....the last Spiderman movie?). The neat thing about genres you find uninspiring or not fun is that you can actually....not watch them!

The idea that movies has become sexless is also bullshit IMO. If you expect hardcore sex scenes in every big blockbuster then yeah, you're bound to be disappointed, as you must've been for the last 50 years or so, because overt sexual content was never really the norm. It stood out in the movies who "dared" to go there, and there's still movies that does. Just not the ones made by Disney, but who gives a poo poo?

The Green Knight had a surprisingly graphic handjob scene, I wonder if they've seen that?
I think you're misunderstanding their complaint. They're talking about PG stuff like this scene, that is family friendly but the characters are clearly mad horny.