Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
If that reports true I'm going to have to flip a coin to decide between abandoning them until the whole front office crew is gone and Cal is dead or following them like a hawk to see just exactly how bad it can get

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

you literally have that backwards

if the suits go away he will not be suspended

the league has already said they don't have enough evidence to do anything, and if everything is settled all that evidence disappears forever

the only way he gets suspended is if one of those cases goes to trial and something juicy comes out, or he faces criminal charges

Yeah, the NFL doesn't have enough evidence. Like, only something like 22 highly specific massage therapists all reported being sexually assaulted.

Shame there's hardly any evidence.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I'm not agreeing with them, I'm just reminding you what Goodell has said.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

fast cars loose anus posted:

If that reports true I'm going to have to flip a coin to decide between abandoning them until the whole front office crew is gone and Cal is dead or following them like a hawk to see just exactly how bad it can get

I'd say do both, starting immediately. Enjoy some schadenfreude whenever the Texans execs embarrass themselves.

Start rooting for whichever team(s) appeal(s) to you & get some pure pleasure from football fandom. You got 8 divisional threads here for instant camaraderie and discussion. Create your Sunday Funday.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I am already a this-season-Cardinals fan (RIP JJ Watt, again)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1455601641462317056
https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1455604407677095940?s=21

So to recap

Texans still stuck paying a QB for not playing and getting nothing for it
Texans fans still stuck knowing he's there
Dolphins still stuck without a QB
Dolfans get 1048590191309130101931th confirmation the team doesn't want Tua
Tua fans get 1048590191309130101931th confirmation the team doesn't want Tua, and now the third confirmation the owner himself wants to move on (and now the fourth confirmation they've tried and Nobody Wants Him)

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Chris James 2 posted:

Dolphins still stuck without a QB

:hmmyes:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I know Tua wouldn’t risk his Dad’s wrath but perfect time for

https://youtu.be/f4WLYZXNrSo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The Texans wouldn't be the Texans if they weren't stupid as hell

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

I hate this fuckin team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Texans)

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
:lol: Texans get wind Watson is about to settle & try to get more out of the deal, only to have that blow up in their face.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/joytaylortalks/status/1455606766113198086?s=21

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Android Apocalypse posted:

:lol: Texans get wind Watson is about to settle & try to get more out of the deal, only to have that blow up in their face.

Which itself was a rumor "leaked" to Mike Florio and almost surely a made up story.

But who did the leak? Was it Deshaun Watson's agent? Was it a rogue faction in the Dolphins front office? Jack Easterby? Roger Goodell? Someone with the Patriots? Pole Assassin's monkey?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The dolphins are criminally inept at running their franchise in a conference that contains the Houston texans and Jacksonville jaguars

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1455627635585953792

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Look we need you to clear some of the lawsuits.

It’s called compromise

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Good lord the dolphins

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Imagine asking the victims of sexual assault their thoughts about the trade status of their abuser

also lol at the negotiation attempts, shameful

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
idiot-rear end franchise (both)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m just bit uncomfortable with 22 lawsuits.

Could you get it down to like 12?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

It's unfair that Watson gets 22 lawsuits when there's 21 other players on the field who don't have any!

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Dolphins: Yes, Deshaun. We're a bit uncomfortable with 22 sexual assault lawsuits. It kind of makes you look like a piece of poo poo. Do you think you could settle those down to say... 15? We could deal with that.

e:

CharlestheHammer posted:

:argh:

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Nov 2, 2021

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

It’s amazing that Stephen Ross apparently has a tolerance for a whole bunch of sexual assault as long as it’s not more than say 20. That’s just too much.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Everyone in Miami has a few sexual assaults on them, but twenty one?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

Everyone in Miami has a few sexual assaults on them, but twenty one?
Hey, you're looking kind of cute
In that polka dot bikini guuuurl
Hey, here's what I'm gonna do
Rip off that polka dot bikini guuuurl

Not like the original lyrics are much better.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Nov 3, 2021

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

My quarterback sexually assaulted 22 women

"In a row?"

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Odd a civil attorney would be discussing potential negotiations like this as well as openly disclose 3rd party investigations.

But Miami can only blame themselves for not immediately shutting down the Watson poo poo and letting Texas beat writers do their thing

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Going need that active lawsuit down in the single digits before we will trade for Watson

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

To be fair the Texans are asking for one first round pick per Watson lawsuit

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Odd a civil attorney would be discussing potential negotiations like this as well as openly disclose 3rd party investigations.

But Miami can only blame themselves for not immediately shutting down the Watson poo poo and letting Texas beat writers do their thing

It's pretty great for a civil attorney who wants a settlement to be able to demonstrate tens of millions of dollars depend on his clients getting paid.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

It's pretty great for a civil attorney who wants a settlement to be able to demonstrate tens of millions of dollars depend on his clients getting paid.

Excuse me but I read pretty clearly a quote by Mr. Buzbee himself that this has nothing to do with money.

My point being it's odd they'd infer that it was Miami who was speaking with the victims.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I stand corrected.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

DariusLikewise posted:

Going need that active lawsuit down in the single digits before we will trade for Watson

This has been playing in my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRD-67wgj04

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

On a side note, I’m not sure if I’d want my attorney using “gonna” in a public communication.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

On a side note, I’m not sure if I’d want my attorney using “gonna” in a public communication.
Tony Buzbee is a bit of a dipshit

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That's kind of a weird takeaway from the announcement that the Dolphins were trying to negotiate how many ongoing sexual assault allegations there could be before consummating a trade

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

It’s Texas. If he doesn’t say gonna and ain’t and y’all people will just assume he’s a carpetbagger.

Speaking in local dialect is fine. It’s not a legal brief it’s a verbal exchange.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Intruder posted:

That's kind of a weird takeaway from the announcement that the Dolphins were trying to negotiate how many ongoing sexual assault allegations there could be before consummating a trade

That’s the thing - it’s unclear what he’s actually saying.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

At least someone is seeking consent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

That’s the thing - it’s unclear what he’s actually saying.
I read this as the Dolphins asking Buzbee if there's any chance the 22 lawsuits could be settled so that they could trade for the sexual assaulter in good conscious.

Buzbee says it ain't happening. Ross counters with a number of sexual assaults settlements lower than 22 but still palatable to himself/Dolphins with which they would consummate the trade. Buzbee again says not happening. Dolphins back away.