Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Shocking that cartoonists love a cheeky way to allude to the word 'gently caress' without actually printing a swear

E:
Awful snipe. Here as penance let's see what South African cartoonist Jerm is up to

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Nov 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

MechaCrash posted:

And don't forget that a lot of the secret service agents who accompanied Trump usually had to stay at places that Trump directly profited from.

And the Trump properties increased their rates for the secret service to the maximum the secret service is allowed to pay.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

VitalSigns posted:

Awful snipe. Here as penance let's see what South African cartoonist Jerm is up to

Imagine having even the slightest rudimentary understanding of how statistics works

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

VitalSigns posted:

this is the future liberals want

E: I wonder how many cartoons this guy has drawn fellating the cops

There was a brief period at least where he was down on cops who were violating people's Constitutional rights to spread plague, but he found a way to thread that needle. I don't think fellatio was on his mind though.

https://twitter.com/gprime85/status/1339950912509505540

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
[Edit]
Me dumb, can't read.

Wipfmetz fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Nov 2, 2021

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
You can almost reinterpret those comics into AGC.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

wizzardstaff posted:

https://twitter.com/GPrime85/status/1455190599200555021

Refuse to be silenced about your identity, AGC.

https://youtu.be/MDl4W3_6dqA

Same energy

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Liz Truss’s fishing boat diplomacy – The foreign secretary warned France it had 48 hours to retract its threats in the row over post-Brexit fishing licences"

Telegraph:

COP26: World at one minute to midnight over climate change - Boris Johnson

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

After Bruegel.

Evening Standard:

Boris Johnson will travel home from Cop26 by private plane

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
New thread for discussing social critique in fiction

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

wizzardstaff posted:

There was a brief period at least where he was down on cops who were violating people's Constitutional rights to spread plague, but he found a way to thread that needle. I don't think fellatio was on his mind though.

https://twitter.com/gprime85/status/1339950912509505540
Hmm, which group is it that traditionally brutalizes people just for filming? Protestors, right? Yeah, probably the protestors.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

Hmm, which group is it that traditionally brutalizes people just for filming? Protestors, right? Yeah, probably the protestors.

It's very AGC, but the second one definitely comes off as "She joined up to do good and found out that "Lawful" and "Good" are two seperate things". I know that we're SUPPOSED to side with the police, but... that definitely looks like a police officer beating someone on the ground with their nightstick in the background.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
They also managed to package it in with "women are not qualified for tough jobs" rhetoric you see around the army and police, all presented in such a way to try and make her a pinup girl.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Scott Morrison is outlining Australia's climate action plan at COP26, which is to hope the boffins invent some new wonder tech so we can keep digging up fossil fuels.

Rowe:

The Melbourne Cup ("The Race That Stops The Nation") was yesterday, so there are a lot of horse race cartoons today.

Knight:

Warren Brown:

Warren is very excited that the winning horse's trainer is based in Sydney.

Downes:

Tasmanian premier Peter Gutwein. Gutwein set a target that Tasmania would reach 80% vaccination by Cup day and they missed it: Tasmania misses 80pc vaccination target, but is still on track to reach 90pc before borders reopen (ABC)

Wilcox:

Golding:

Macron explicitly pointed out when he called Morrison a liar that his problem was with Morrison not Australia but that didn't stop Morrison from spinning it as an insult on the nation.

Shakespeare:

"Sledging" means to insult, more specifically in cricket to taunt the batter put them off and make mistakes.

Leak, Son of Leak:

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Vib Rib posted:

Eh, I'll give it to him on this one, black bloc groups are not always kind toward people who bring cameras to events. But folks like him are definitely going to spin that as negatively as possible, using it as evidence that These People (you know the ones) are filthy subhumans and not the police who don't care about being filmed because they'll get off anyway.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

DIRTY TRICKS ABOUND IN THE VIRGINIA GOVERNORS RACE

Will professional grifter and race baiter Terry McAuliffe win the race for Governor in Virginia today? Considering what happened with the 2020 election the answer is probably yes. If FOX News calls the race with 10% of the vote in for McAwful, then we will know for sure.

I kid.

But I don’t.

Last week Democrat staff members showed up at a Glenn Youngkin rally dressed in kaki and carrying “tiki torches” posing as “white supremists.” In the left’s minuscule minds kaki, ball caps and tiki torches are the telling signs of racists. The hysterical thing about the lame PR stunt is they used a black man to fill out their ranks. If they were REAL white supremists would they have included him?

Glenn Youngkin, endorsed by Donald Trump, is ahead in the polls but that means nothing. Trump had ten of thousands of people at his rallies while Biden could barely get a dozen. Biden “won” the election with “81 million votes,” the most popular President ever.

If enough people turn out to vote for Glenn Younkin today in a landslide type event, then maybe he can overcome the Democrat’s dirty tricks and win.

Hopefully there are plenty of poll watchers to keep an eye on things, otherwise we are in for another stolen election.

We wish Glenn Youngkin the best of luck!

GrrrTeam

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I think more people should smite republican politicians with golden maces filled with sacred fire, tbh.

e: Also TMac looking very trumpian there

ScruffMcGruff
Sep 26, 2007
Scruffy's rollin' out the big pill...

Glen Youngkin is trying to destroy Virginia, and Terry McAuliffe is trying to stop him.

A
G
C

How the gently caress is the man, whose job is visual metaphors, so bad at visual metaphors?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'm glad I'm not a racist, as evidenced by my lack of kaki.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
This is Garrison, so I thought the smirking dude with the strong jaw committing violence on the defenseless scrawny weakling with sniveling posture was the good guy. Isn't that how he always draws it? His team's sculpted dudes beating up or threatening limp-wristed soyboys? His base is gonna get the wrong message from this one, even with the label.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

It doesn't matter though since Garrison was correct that Youngkin is indeed going to destroy Virginia after he wins tonight.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Lalo Alcaraz

Nick Anderson

Robert Ariail

Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Tim Campbell

Jeff Danziger

Al Goodwyn

Walt Handelsman

Clay Jones

Brian McFadden

Jack Ohman

Joel Pett

Michael Ramirez

Jen Sorensen

Jeff Stahler

Dana Summers

Gary Varvel

Matt Wuerker

Tony Branco

quote:

Heroes to Zeros
First responders will lose their jobs unless they become vaccinated according to the Biden mandate.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Okay Goodwyn now do this cartoon when a cop kills someone.

Okay Branco now do this cartoon when a Republican refuses to raise minimum wage.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
The guy who inadvertently killed someone because, probably, of a different person's negligence is also a victim tbh.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
After so many evil, sentient windmills and bad luck still-alive albatrosses it's a little weird seeing a literary reference that actually gets the pieces correct.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I'm dreading the Virginia toons.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: It's Different When Democrats Deport

Ted Rall posted:

In many respects, Joe Biden is continuing the Donald Trump immigration policies that he campaigned against. He is deporting more immigrants. He is even re-launching the previous administration’s “remain in Mexico” policy that exposes applicants for political asylum to retaliation by drug cartels.

First Dog on the Moon: It wasn’t just fancy world leaders and smug glossy fossil fuel parasites attending Cop26

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

fool of sound posted:

The guy who inadvertently killed someone because, probably, of a different person's negligence is also a victim tbh.

Yes. For example, the negligence of the producer who hired a bunch of inept scabs and had such a disastrously unsafe work environment that allowed the multiple failures that culminated in the tragedy should absolutely be prosecutable. Forget the poor sap who pulled the trigger, throw that rear end in a top hat in jail.

The "joke" is that it's still Alec Baldwin.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

This is Garrison, so I thought the smirking dude with the strong jaw committing violence on the defenseless scrawny weakling with sniveling posture was the good guy. Isn't that how he always draws it? His team's sculpted dudes beating up or threatening limp-wristed soyboys? His base is gonna get the wrong message from this one, even with the label.

Yeah before I made the image big I assumed this was his victory lap about winning.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

??? What’s the take here

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

??? What’s the take here

I think it's supposed to say that the upset over CRT is a nothing burger, but it's a bit muddled.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I think he knows that he contracted Gorrel's Disease and this is a call for help!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mordaedil posted:

I think it's supposed to say that the upset over CRT is a nothing burger, but it's a bit muddled.

Is it? Like I got it immediately, but I'm like a political tragic. I'd say more maybe it's just speaking to the converted, but honestly that's like 99.9% of politics cartoons.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

It's saying that CRT isn't being taught in public schools, that's why the book is blank, and yes the message is that it's nothing to worry about because it doesn't exist. I also got it immediately but the again I'm in a state that just elected a Republican governor because right wing messaging about the CRT boogeyman worked (that's an oversimplification, but it was definitely a part of the beating McAuliffe took on education).

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I'm dreading the Virginia toons.

Same here. Get ready for a lot more "plucky parents standing up against the left's evil agenda of CRT" because right wing media is going to take this victory as a sign that it's a winning strategy.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Jay Rust posted:

??? What’s the take here

You are supposed to draw dickbutt in the blank space.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/dorrismccomics/status/1455532264960499715

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Would be even better if corporations had a window with the guy on the TV standing in it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
No it wouldn't.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Enough condescension marks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!