Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

probably because they're not the ones eating it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Usually you call it a "rain barrel"

Not sure if there's a more specific term.

Water butt, over here.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

OwlFancier posted:

Water butt, over here.

we've all been there, I can sympathize

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
My uncle had that and he had to take these big pills

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Beerdeer posted:

My uncle had that and he had to take these big pills

You misheard him, he had to take these big "dillz".

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

The man was insatiable I tell you

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Philippe posted:

Let's stop talking about Piper Perri now, please. Post funny pictures instead!

Some people take the candy handing out much more seriously. Apparently some of my local neighbors were threatening to call the cops on kids they thought were trying to double dip (it was different kids wearing the same costume)

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

My neighbors around the corner convert their huge garage into a completely free haunted house every year, with dozens o huge decorations all over and giant skeletons and they constantly make popcorn and cotton candy and hand it out free to hundreds of people along with the candy. The two houses next to them keep stepping up their game more and more but their spooky paths and full-size candy bars are just side shows at this point.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

freeedr posted:

My neighbors around the corner convert their huge garage into a completely free haunted house every year, with dozens o huge decorations all over and giant skeletons and they constantly make popcorn and cotton candy and hand it out free to hundreds of people along with the candy. The two houses next to them keep stepping up their game more and more but their spooky paths and full-size candy bars are just side shows at this point.

Lol, sounds great!

Love listening to my neighbours get riled up about kids with no costumes or "older looking kids" getting candy. Lol, who gives a poo poo, it's loving candy give some to the poor kids and the older kids.

E: I live on a pretty white block but the area is predominantly black and latin so you can guess what "older looking kids" is code for.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

freeedr posted:

A few people here convert their garages and the kids love it. You pretty much have to have candy for 5-600 kids in my neighborhood to make it through the first night. A few people grill hot dogs in their driveway and pass them out. Other houses pass out beer and shots to parents. I'm going to miss it when I my kids decide they're too old.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Kirk Vikernes posted:

A few people here convert their garages and the kids love it. You pretty much have to have candy for 5-600 kids in my neighborhood to make it through the first night. A few people grill hot dogs in their driveway and pass them out. Other houses pass out beer and shots to parents. I'm going to miss it when I my kids decide they're too old.

My neighborhood is ok but the most decorated house also had assloads of signs opposing mask and vaxx mandates. The kiddo wanted to go there but we had to be like "sorry, we're not going to the super spreader house"

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Kirk Vikernes posted:

The first night? How many Halloween’s are there where you live?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Large Testicles posted:

My neighborhood is ok but the most decorated house also had assloads of signs opposing mask and vaxx mandates. The kiddo wanted to go there but we had to be like "sorry, we're not going to the super spreader house"

Ah, that sucks they couldn't drop that poo poo for a day and just let the kids have a fun time. Very few masks here, but nobody were dicks about them. One older guy commented on our kids' costumes and then asked my wife and I, "and you two are doctors? hurr hurr hurr" but it came across more dumb dad joke than antimasker.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Large Testicles posted:

Saw a few parents walk right past my house. I like to imagine it was because of my "I did my own research" tombstone.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Large Testicles posted:

Yeah, that crosses the line from spoopy to scary.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Number's off by about 60.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

I wish I was brian Blessed
That hair. It looks like a tornado just touched down.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

SyNack Sassimov posted:

Number's off by about 60.

He's just out there looking for a 6.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Rasmus posted:

That hair. It looks like a tornado just touched down.
Maybe his MILF hunting is sponsored by Vodafone.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

what the gently caress is that machine?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It looks like a poker machine. They cover them in stupid poo poo which flashes and lights up when you pull the lever. And a thousand different buttons so you have near infinite ways to lose your money.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It looks like a poker machine. They cover them in stupid poo poo which flashes and lights up when you pull the lever. And a thousand different buttons so you have near infinite ways to lose your money.
That's what I thought, or an elaborate slot machine, but I don't see any cards or slot machine grids. I guess it's a gambling machine but I don't see any of the main thing that say "gambling" I don't even see any numbers for the wager.

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.
It's a standard UK slot machine. Why would you need such frippery as numbers or pictures when you can just slam cash into a machine, press a button and hear a jingly tune signalling your (temporary) defeat?

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

That's a puggy, and that's probably a Wetherspoons (or similar atrocious chain pub)

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Jihad Joe posted:

It's a standard UK slot machine. Why would you need such frippery as numbers or pictures when you can just slam cash into a machine, press a button and hear a jingly tune signalling your (temporary) defeat?

a money-powered light-up box you say? The UK culture is so intriguing!

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
UK fruit machines are weird. I will never understand how someone can look at one and go "oh yeah, I understand what this machine is asking me to do"

For content, here are some pictures I think are funny.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Money goes in the top right, go button is usually on the bottom right, everything else is basically just there to make you think you aren't just putting money in a machine and watching it flash lights at you. The impression of meaningful complexity is the point, if you believe there is something to figure out, some trick to beating the machine, you will keep putting money into it, rather than submitting to the entropic inevitability of economics that dictates that you cannot win money on the machine if you play it for long enough.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 10:17 on Nov 3, 2021

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

probably because they're not the ones eating it

Hams

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Chris Pistols posted:

UK fruit machines are weird. I will never understand how someone can look at one and go "oh yeah, I understand what this machine is asking me to do"

Is that not what fruit machines look like everywhere? I'm genuinely confused now.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Whybird posted:

Is that not what fruit machines look like everywhere? I'm genuinely confused now.

I haven't seen any like this in America, just poker-style gambling machines and one-armed bandits. Not to say they don't exist, I didn't look very hard!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

@shittynewyorkercaptions is a solid follow.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Whybird posted:

Is that not what fruit machines look like everywhere?

Canadian ones are (used to be) quite different!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Fruit machines are not nearly as healthy as they sound :smith:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I've never heard the term "fruit machine" before right now, and I've been to Vegas multiple times

I've never seen a machine that looked like that, either

Letmebefrank
Oct 9, 2012

Entitled

Whybird posted:

Found this :finland: example:

Basically you can choose winning lines and double wins (fourth spinner).

Perhaps simpler as they are mostly marketed towards old ladies in supermarkets (instead of drunks in bars).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

The Bloop posted:

I've never heard the term "fruit machine" before right now, and I've been to Vegas multiple times

I've never seen a machine that looked like that, either

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rStfG-n2i0