Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

fartknocker posted:

I highly appreciate this reference.

So do I. Still a loving great song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWQb_T9_nwA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

The Demilich posted:

So then the Mario Brothers are Itsumi Mario and Luigi Mario?

bike tory posted:

Frequent official/cannon references to "the Mario Brothers" implies that Mario is actually their family name which can lead only to the conclusion that their names are Luigi Mario and Itsumi Mario.

I already established this, albeit in another thread.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

bike tory posted:

didnt know Mitt Romney posted on SA

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

having binders full of women is kind of a giveaway

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Doesn't this just circle around to "they took the pun used to make Wario's name and used it to make a worse pun for Waluigi"? Unless the Japanese form for Mario is significantly different sounding.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Every version of Dune sucks, except this:

It's both. It's stupid, and I'm ignorant of the Japanese language. :colbert:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Kheldarn posted:

You sure about that?

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Cat Hatter posted:

Doesn't this just circle around to "they took the pun used to make Wario's name and used it to make a worse pun for Waluigi"? Unless the Japanese form for Mario is significantly different sounding.

Also Luigi's name itself was also already a pun which they did not mention here.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
it is French for "the uigi"

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Kheldarn posted:

This sucks

This rules

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Dune sucks

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

wuffles posted:

Dune sucks

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Uncle Enzo posted:

The research you're referring to, "On Killing" by David Grossman, is debunked bullshit. His numbers don't add up, his conclusions are unjustified, and his premise was flawed. The WW2 research he cites is pretty questionable and it goes downhill from there.

For context, it's based on WW2 era interviews with infantrymen and asking them questions about if they fired their weapon in a specific engagement or not. Turns out there's no point in shooting if you have no target! "Firing weapons at nothing" is a hallmark of green or untrained troops. It wastes precious ammunition and gives away your position.

Even the basic premise is ridiculous, firing weapons is not superior to not firing them. You don't win a war because you shot more bullets.

For anyone interested in Grossman's weird furry kids book here is a dramatic reading.

https://youtu.be/4vRJgCEWUXE

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Sure.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Does soft fapping count as breaking the silence

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
No, gentle applause is exactly what we're looking for.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Brawnfire posted:

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

bike tory posted:

This is hosed up if true.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Meme request. Brad pitt in se7en asking what's in the box, him freaking out for pain part

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
My girlfriend didn't want to watch David Lynch dune with me cause the new one isn't out here yet and she considers it spoilers and I posted that in a meme group chat we are both in and when she asked what it was from she got really mad at me and now I'm convinced she's secretly a goon

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

My girlfriend didn't want to watch David Lynch dune with me cause the new one isn't out here yet and she considers it spoilers and I posted that in a meme group chat we are both in and when she asked what it was from she got really mad at me and now I'm convinced she's secretly a goon

the class to Calvin: GIRLS CAN'T BE GOONS!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Iceache
Jul 9, 2009
nah

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

freeedr posted:

That quote is really and actually from Mitt Romney.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet. The quote is originally from Madonna, Romney only quoted her.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

barbecue at the folks posted:

Don't believe everything you read on the internet. The quote is originally from Madonna, Romney only quoted her.

And that Madonna's name? Albert Einstein.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

8one6 posted:

Dune is 800 pages long. The audio book is 21 hours long. As someone who has recently read the book I guarantee you can fine a better use of your time.

LifeSunDeath posted:

new dune sucked

Yeah, I'd never read the books but was excited to see what I'd been missing with the new movie. After reading through the memes and dune chat in here, that interest has dropped off entirely. Studios must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel for content

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

November?

Christmas has made excursions into loving August. I witnessed it with my own eyes.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I believe the rumors of Christmas in July

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

OSU_Matthew posted:

Yeah, I'd never read the books but was excited to see what I'd been missing with the new movie. After reading through the memes and dune chat in here, that interest has dropped off entirely. Studios must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel for content
its great

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

OSU_Matthew posted:

Dune owns, though

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

https://i.imgur.com/QqmtqVm.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/KkbMCwK.mp4

Some Pinko Commie has a new favorite as of 13:34 on Nov 3, 2021

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Brawnfire posted:

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

it was only ok

lynch's dune was great

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

new dune is good and so are dune memes

carry on

Adbot