Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

SKULL.GIF posted:

The AFC West kinda sucks.

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

If Ruggs turns out to be sober, I think that's actually worse?

Knowing you are going way too fast while in control of your facilities is no bueno

Yeah ethically I just don’t see the difference. There’s no way to do what he did while driving safely.

Lol this is what I thought of immediately two but in this one you are actually watching someone die

DeimosRising fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Nov 3, 2021

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

DeimosRising posted:

Yeah ethically I just don’t see the difference. There’s no way to do what he did while driving safely.

Well sadly one difference someone pointed out in a tweet is vehicular manslaughter in NV is a misdemeanor unless they can prove he was dui or engaged in reckless driving. So we have to bet on a jury being not stupid and money not getting him off.

Which.....is concerning.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Broncos are pure and clean and innocent of all crimes

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

a neat cape posted:

Both your teams have bad people

The difference being that we get rid of the bad people (mostly).

The only argument I see is Tom Cable but apparently there were conflicting stories and that poo poo was like 30 years ago. Regardless, I think he's a lovely person and doesn't belong in the league. I think he skates by because he's been pretty low key since Al fired him as head coach. He was Gruden's guy and I hope he gets replaced next year by a non-lovely person.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I wanna know how going 100+mph doesn't count as reckless driving.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Black Sunshine posted:

The difference being that we get rid of the bad people (mostly).

The only argument I see is Tom Cable but apparently there were conflicting stories and that poo poo was like 30 years ago. Regardless, I think he's a lovely person and doesn't belong in the league. I think he skates by because he's been pretty low key since Al fired him as head coach. He was Gruden's guy and I hope he gets replaced next year by a non-lovely person.

Incognito is a pretty lovely human being

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Well sadly one difference someone pointed out in a tweet is vehicular manslaughter in NV is a misdemeanor unless they can prove he was dui or engaged in reckless driving. So we have to bet on a jury being not stupid and money not getting him off.

Which.....is concerning.

poo poo does happen when you're driving but im gonna go out on a limb here say that if he was shitfaced it's not going to be a hard one to prove and I mean... the sheer speed is going to cover the reckless bit.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I said ethically for a reason, US law has little connection to ethics, consistency, or human reason. Absolutely absurd that a critical question here is if, in the course of committing a crime that killed an innocent woman, were you hosed up or just an rear end in a top hat?

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Which.....is concerning.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

At least one team has great costumes uniforms.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

a neat cape posted:

Incognito is a pretty lovely human being

gently caress me, I forgot about him. I really wish he would just get released already, he doesn't really even play!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Woozie66 posted:

Did the Chiefs ever do anything about their coach who killed a kid while drunk driving?

They didn't renew his contract :shrug:

I mean he didn't coach the Super Bowl and his contract was up so they kinda washed their hands I guess.

e: shoulda known I'd be beaten here

No Butt Stuff posted:

Maybe he will get sent to jail. I loving hope he does anyway.

Same, same.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The teams keep bad people if they can. there are a lot we don't know about and some of it is worse than anything we do know about,. Wise

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Broncos are pure and clean and innocent of all crimes

Well their games are crimes against humanity but I can’t think of anyone on the team who has been accused of anything particularly heinous, no

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Cavauro posted:

The teams keep bad people if they can. there are a lot we don't know about and some of it is worse than anything we do know about,. Wise

Yeah. It's just weird throwing stones from one team to another. But we should just all be happy Ruggs got cut by end of day.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Children, children. We all know the most heinous team of all is the Houston Texans. Save your lol's for them please.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
It got worse!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
jesus christ

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Considering it's a Corvette and how fast Ruggs had to be going, how does Ruggs still have his legs? The front of his car was destroyed

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Freaquency posted:

Well their games are crimes against humanity but I can’t think of anyone on the team who has been accused of anything particularly heinous, no

Humanity deserves it

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

why does the drunk driver never die and it's always the innocent person gently caress

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

a neat cape posted:

why does the drunk driver never die and it's always the innocent person gently caress

So I don't know if this is true, but from what I remember (from a years ago conversation with a EMT) is that the drunk person is more relaxed and less likely to anticipate and react to the collision by doing things like bracing themselves. Essentially the drunk dude is taking the path of least resistance while the sober person is resisting the entire way.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
It's also not as newsworthy when the bad actor dies so it doesn't make the papers.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

3 DONG HORSE posted:

So I don't know if this is true, but from what I remember (from a years ago conversation with a EMT) is that the drunk person is more relaxed and less likely to anticipate and react to the collision by doing things like bracing themselves. Essentially the drunk dude is taking the path of least resistance while the sober person is resisting the entire way.

I know nothing about car accidents, but that sounds kind of suspect, I cannot imagine that being relaxed or tense in a collusion between 1000s of pounds of metal really matters much (thought it could be true and my assumption is wrong). With my uneducated guess I would assume that the drunk driver is usually the cause of the crash, which means they are often hitting things with the front of their car where there might be more engineered safety stuff like crumple zones as well as a significant portion of the car to dissipate damage, while the victims car can be hit on the passenger door, driver door, and other places where there is less car to separate them from getting smashed by the other car. Alternatively maybe the entire premise is wrong and drunk drivers do die just as much, but is not as newsworthy as an innocent person getting killed.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

In this case I would imagine the issue is that Corvettes are engineered to hit a brick wall at 100 mph and still allow the driver to walk away from the crash. Rav4s on the other hand are not engineered to be the brick wall.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

what i've learned is a 2013 RAV4 has the exact same design flaw as a Ford Pinto

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Considering it's a Corvette and how fast Ruggs had to be going, how does Ruggs still have his legs? The front of his car was destroyed
This:

Simplex posted:

In this case I would imagine the issue is that Corvettes are engineered to hit a brick wall at 100 mph and still allow the driver to walk away from the crash. Rav4s on the other hand are not engineered to be the brick wall.
Basically fronts of cars are designed to be destroyed/sacrificed to save the occupants. Well rears too, and looks like the passenger cabin mostly held up (even if it was deformed enough to resemble a Prius)...unfortunately the fuel tank didn't, and gasoline is flammable as hell. Best case scenario ("best" :() is if the woman and dog died or were knocked unconscious by the impact.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Simplex posted:

lol no car is engineered to hit a wall at 100mph

and drunks surviving high speed collisions because "they're relaxed"?? come on

apply a little critical thinking people

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
The simple answer is he got lucky

The corvette he was driving also has more up to date safety features than a 8 year old rav4 that was designed in around 2010.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Or maybe let’s just wait for actual information from professionals rather than force out complete guesses for the sake of …?

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Or maybe let’s just wait for actual information from professionals rather than force out complete guesses for the sake of …?

Excuse me sir I think you are in the wrong place, this is the internet

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Ruggs survived because he's a Gruden Grinder.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Amy Pole Her posted:

for the sake of :justpost:'ing

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Amy Pole Her posted:

Nah just throw blind guesses at the wall like the Chargers Twitter doc

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Russbot rebooting: 89%...90%...

https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/1455739006608543753?s=20

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Was the RAV4 stopped?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/ryanmink/status/1455889155154657285

hell yeah

AndrewP posted:

Was the RAV4 stopped?

IIRC according to the police report it was traveling in the right lane and Ruggs came from the center one and hit it in the back

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I realize we're only halfway through the season but barring something impressive I can't see Ja'Marr Chase and Micah Parsons not winning ROYs, feels like an afterthought at this point

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Michael Thomas is out for the year.
https://twitter.com/Cantguardmike/status/1455895624742748161

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Chase has it in the bag