Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Reclusive Taxidermist reminds me of my old friend Werebear. A good card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
a gigantic crossbow that shoots circular sawblades, brilliant

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Captain Invictus posted:

a gigantic crossbow that shoots circular sawblades, brilliant

Fairly certain painkiller or another similar FPS had a weapon just like that

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

I feel like this is playable given how often I see those UW Curiosity/Must Attack Curiosity decks

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Werebear, my old friend. :unsmith:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/col_aliasv/status/1455898055413313536?s=21

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
another "you can't counter anymore, here is some fuckton of value"

me likey

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Do you exile them face down or face up? I feel like there's a big difference in value if your opponent knows what you've got so they can play around it.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Arivia posted:

Do you exile them face down or face up? I feel like there's a big difference in value if your opponent knows what you've got so they can play around it.

Exile face up by default

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arivia posted:

Exile is always face up unless otherwise stated (like foretell). Light up the stage works the same way

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Goa Tse-tung posted:

another "you can't counter anymore, here is some fuckton of value"

me likey

it also prevents you decking

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Barry Shitpeas posted:

it also prevents you decking

What formats is Oracle still legal in? or Labman?

'Drawing' two means you can get pretty good at avoiding the Cherios failure rate off a Glimpse or that GW Glimpse from MID

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Holy poo poo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

:popeye:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh wait I misread the disturb cost, thought it said 3WW not 5WW, that's a bit less ridiculous.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

lmao

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Captain Invictus posted:

Oh wait I misread the disturb cost, thought it said 3WW not 5WW, that's a bit less ridiculous.

Not sure that matters too much if this is a control finisher. My guess is that it's kinda like a worse approach of the second sun that doesn't gain you any life.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Wow both arts here are loving sick. When I dipped back into the game briefly a few years ago it seemed like we were overwhelmingly getting this very homogenized CGI-enhanced card art style; sweet to see stuff like this

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/pvddr/status/1455910566082531329?s=21

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Low power level for a mythic imo.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
the front side is better than the front side of approach imo, running out a 4/4 for 3 is often going to block more than 7 damage in the matchups where your life total matters. and you can credibly threaten to just attack with it four or five times if they've boarded out their creature removal.

but since you don't get to accelerate your alternate win condition by spinning azcanta it's probably still worse overall in any format where you're actually choosing between them

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Low power level for a mythic imo.

Yeah 6 CMC is rough

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

I think I like it, but I'm not sure where it fits in. In practice it's Noxious Gearhulk without the lifegain, but you get to do it a second time when you trade it off, which is honestly a huge beating. And it also answers planeswalkers, not just creatures. The lifegain stabilizing you was a pretty relevant part of what made Gearhulk work though.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/gavinverhey/status/1455914974149181448?s=21

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Genuinely love how twitter cuts the mana cost off so i can go "sems like a pretty sweet 3 drop" and then spin the roulette of how far off i am

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Golgari Butts

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

There’s a bunch more cards revealed in the video in there but I can’t watch it at the moment

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

That giant butt zombie rules

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Could that Curse be phased out in response to its trigger to stay in the game after the enchanted player lost? And then, perhaps as with other Auras that find themselves entering the battlefield without a target, be attached to a new player?

:pray:

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Wow that's basically the phalanx from demon's souls. nice!

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Gonna be really funny with some proliferate cards

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

The Archetypes for limited are
UW Spirits/Auras
UB Exploit Zombies
RB Blood Vampires
RG Wolves & Werewolves
GW Humans
WB Lifegain
BG Toughness
UG Self-Mill
UB Spells
RW Attack!

Optimistic Initiate
B
Creature - Human Wizard

Training
(2)(W), remove 2 +1/+1 counters from creatures you control: destroy target artifact or enchantment.

1/2

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Nov 3, 2021

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Wash Away looks really really nice.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Jabor posted:

Wash Away looks really really nice.

Yeah that’s some good graveyard hate

E: Actually against epiphany too lol

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

the really attractive application of this countering spells cast from exile. this plus elite spellbinder is pretty funny

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.

YggdrasilTM posted:

The Archetypes for limited are
UW Spirits/Auras
UB Exploit Zombies
RB Blood Vampires
RG Wolves & Werewolves
GW Humans
WB Lifegain
BG Toughness
UG Self-Mill
UB Spells
RW Attack!

Optimistic Initiate
B
Creature - Human Wizard

Training
(2)(W), remove 2 +1/+1 counters from creatures you control: destroy target artifact or enchantment.

1/2

See epiphany doesn’t need to be banned anymore, problem solved :agesilaus:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
Wash Away applies to everything cast on “impulse” effects too right? I imagine it’s gonna have a lot of applicability