Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Canned grean beans tossed in garlic, crushed red pepper, and a sprinkling of gribnies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Chicken & Waffles with butternut squash and a smoked maples syrup.

drat this poo poo was good.

So long natural sunlight for my dinners, I’ll see you again for Spring Ahead. Until then we bask in the warm yellow glow of tungsten.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I was told to post this in the dinner thread and so I went out and found y'all. This is a 4.5lb chicken, coated in 1lb of bacon strips, brined in a mix of kosher salt/honey/black pepper for 24h. Stuffed with a lemon, lots of garlic cloves, and onion. On a bed of baby carrots, onion, and potato chunks with salt/pepper/honey/olive oil. Even the white meat just falls off the bone. I don't really measure anything anymore I just know how to roast a chicken.

Yes i know I have the chicken upside down, no I don't care.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
If you've never had white meat chicken that just falls off the bone, get into brining. The dark meat will follow close behind and be even better.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

THE MACHO MAN posted:

made some kapusniak. This is the closest I've gotten it to copy catting the place which makes a great version

any ideas for what to do with a poo poo ton of extra dill that isn't pickles, borscht, or bigos?

Try making Baghali polo - Persian rice with dill and broadbeans.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Garlic Shrimp and Capers tonight.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

No i didn't make the naan.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Chicken & Waffles with butternut squash and a smoked maples syrup.

drat this poo poo was good.

So long natural sunlight for my dinners, I’ll see you again for Spring Ahead. Until then we bask in the warm yellow glow of tungsten.

Looks incredible. It's been way too long since I've chicken and waff'ed.

Recent highlights for me: Shakshuka and cod/sichuan green beans/gamja bokkeum

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Pork tenderloin, spicy scalloped potatoes, blistered green beans, roast cabbage.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

How are the burgers in the book? My girlfriend loves Bob's Burgers so this may be a fun christmas gift idea.

Definitely looks good.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Framboise posted:

How are the burgers in the book? My girlfriend loves Bob's Burgers so this may be a fun christmas gift idea.

Definitely looks good.

this is the first one i've made and it was extremely good! i'll see if i can get some shots later of some of the more interesting recipes

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

This reminds me that the Wisconson Dairy Farmers Association used to have a website where they had a bunch of elaborate cheeseburger recipes all lovingly narrated by Patrick Warburton.
Sadly only now accessible through the wayback machine as they got rid of it for some reason.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Entropic posted:

This reminds me that the Wisconson Dairy Farmers Association used to have a website where they had a bunch of elaborate cheeseburger recipes all lovingly narrated by Patrick Warburton.
Sadly only now accessible through the wayback machine as they got rid of it for some reason.

wow they made him read off 30 or so of these, wtf.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Framboise posted:

Definitely looks good.

Here's a few of the more interesting ones!

Last couple nights have been recipes courtesy of Ethan Chlebowski: yesterday was his "Streetcart" chicken and rice

And tonight was keema matar:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Frying some sausage, throwing together something from what we have at home, nobody wants to go shop.

Got more in the oven

Salad with feta & citrus juice.

blixa
Jan 9, 2006

Kein bestandteil sein

Hell yeah Falukorv, or at least something that looks like it. I think I need to get some of that when I go back to Sweden this xmas.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

kumba posted:

[bob's burgers book stuff]

Last couple nights have been recipes courtesy of Ethan Chlebowski: yesterday was his "Streetcart" chicken and rice

Neat, I'll have to look into the book.

Also you know it's an Ethan Chlebowski dish if it has pickled onions on it :P

His Divine Shadow posted:

Got more in the oven

This looks incredibly good.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

kumba posted:

Is this a riff on the Serious Eats version?
If so, have you tried both and how's it compare?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

toplitzin posted:

Is this a riff on the Serious Eats version?
If so, have you tried both and how's it compare?

it looks very similar! i have not tried the serious eats version but the ingredient list is pretty close

i can definitely say that this version is incredibly tasty

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Visited my homie last weekend and he cooked amazing meals:

he made a hollandaise and poached some eggs for brunch:

then prepared this short rib over a couple of days, it was good but the hand made caesar salad was the real star of the show, enormous flavor:

final day I was there he made my favorite, mapo tofu:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

made some red beans (and rice)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Cloks posted:

made some red beans (and rice)

Out of curiosity what kind of rice? I pretty much only buy Calrose from the Asian market but I've been wondering if maybe i should get jasmine/basmati too.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Mister Facetious posted:

Out of curiosity what kind of rice? I pretty much only buy Calrose from the Asian market but I've been wondering if maybe i should get jasmine/basmati too.

Just plain white rice.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I had multi-day old rice and some bacon grease from last night, why not throw together some fried rice?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Is there any reason why I shouldn't just use jasmine rice for pretty much every rice dish? It's just so much tastier imo.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Framboise posted:

Is there any reason why I shouldn't just use jasmine rice for pretty much every rice dish? It's just so much tastier imo.

i do pretty much this and it's worked out for me, i use jasmine for everything unless a recipe i'm using specifically calls for something else like basmati, or if im making risotto it's arborio

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I'm also on team "use jasmine unless specifically told something else"

Whole Foods messed up my grocery order tonight, but it didn't come close to ruining dinner. Meatballs and sweet potatoes using Ottolenghi's recipes, and brussels with balsamic.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Framboise posted:

Jasmine is a great default rice but it's also good to experiment with different types of you're so inclined. In my pantry, I have Jasmine, Basmati, medium grain sushi rice, glutinous rice, and red matta rice. It's nice to have variety and dry rice keeps forever.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I made some fried chicken legs following Chef Johns nashville hot recipe. Pretty drat good!

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Piccadillo, black beans, and rice.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Been cooking more French dishes lately and made Coq Au Vin for the first time last night. Don't think I'd even ever eaten it before, but drat it was good. Definitely will be doing it again.

(and flambéing is fun :) even if it doesn't add any real value to the final dish)

Mr Owl
Dec 28, 2008

Made Bao from scratch, slightly too big but still amazing!

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mr Owl posted:

That looks really loving tasty

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Mr Owl posted:

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

That looks really loving tasty

seconded, these look incredible. tell me your secret to bao. the one time i tried i think i overworked the dough and instead of a nice edible pillow i got a pile of rocks

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Well I'm going to eat like a king for a while

So much szechuan goodness in my future

(could do with a second filter on the oil at some point, but effort)

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Lemon pasta

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Taco night leftovers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Cleaned some veggies out of the fridge and made a curry.