Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Venomous posted:

'authoritarian/democratic' is a dogshit excuse for a binary when democratic countries such as, idk, the US, are authoritarian by nature

the us isnt so much authoritarian as single party, imo. but thats splitting hairs and maybe a juvenile discussion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Smythe posted:

the us isnt so much authoritarian as single party, imo. but thats splitting hairs and maybe a juvenile discussion.

When viewed from the lenses of materialism my friend

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Venomous posted:

'authoritarian/democratic' is a dogshit excuse for a binary when democratic countries such as, idk, the US, are authoritarian by nature

goons love it. they read that authoritarians book once

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
if only rguy still had the keys... we could make 'Xi Jinping is humanity's only hope' the c-spam subtitle

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

so much winning

lol, good riddance

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ChinaDaily/status/1455859804438765587?t=ifAnyOObpBqw7VBCUR5SFQ&s=19

Love this wholesome content

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

gradenko_2000 posted:

Love this wholesome content

BUT AT WHAT COST?!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

XI JINPING IS USING YOUTUBE TO INFILTRATE AND MIND CONTROL PEOPLE

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Homeless Friend posted:

goons love it. they read that authoritarians book once

which one?

I'm partial to starship troopers, not the movie

it has spankings as a solution to social problems, as god intended

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

which one?

I'm partial to starship troopers, not the movie

it has spankings as a solution to social problems, as god intended

Look up Bob Altemeyer

That was all the rage in D&D so many years ago

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

XI JINPING IS USING YOUTUBE TO INFILTRATE AND MIND CONTROL PEOPLE

its working on me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qClYJwADVw

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

this is cool

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/softwarnet/status/1455134216325255172

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

ok? so whats the problem?

this puritanical sex/sexual things are bad poo poo is super waspy american poo poo tbh

or is it the bitcoin thing? if thats the case eh whatev.

Agrajag has issued a correction as of 16:51 on Nov 3, 2021

hot witch divorcee
Jan 4, 2021

is that a tower in your pants or are you just happy to see me
it is authoritarian to tell me to stop making GBS threads my pants and then tossing it into the nearby drinking water reservoir, but i respect that other people in some other place living in a dystopian nightmare where they are not allowed to throw their shitpants into the drinking water reservoir might weather what's coming better, though i hear they have bedtimes so maybe we should just invade

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

at this point politicians looking at legal sources of ladies with big boobs should be given a medal considering what they could be doing instead with people like Epstein

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

1. dudes rock

2. lmfao at this guy's fake-rear end bluecheck

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i wish pangzai would make more videos but they probably weren't healthy for him

https://twitter.com/hebeipangzai/status/1224716063553703937?lang=en

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1455621996495114246

"we showed up" to make some empty statements that do nothing, and in the meantime the folks who weren't there are actually the ones hitting their emissions reduction targets, so really who's leading here?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Everyone is looking at the US leadership role and thinking they should probably have some new leadership.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
yeah the whole purpose of twitter is following lewd artists and other trolls

there's some famous people on there too but that's just noise you can also get by reading a newspaper or blogs or whatever, in a way better format

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Everyone is looking at the US leadership role and thinking they should probably have some new leadership.

:hmmyes:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Have to keep an eye on those bitcoins imo.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

hot witch divorcee
Jan 4, 2021

is that a tower in your pants or are you just happy to see me
biden showed up on a fleet of 12 mpg cars and fell asleep the whole time

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Al-Saqr posted:

at this point politicians looking at legal sources of ladies with big boobs should be given a medal considering what they could be doing instead with people like Epstein

All those ladies appear to be adults and posting those pictures of their own volition. He's in the absolute top tier of politicians here.

Also re: Xi @ COP26

China has some seriously heavy duty anti-corona measures. Like say, mandatory 3 week quarantines for everyone entering the country. As in everyone. Including the President. Who felt that maybe spending three weeks in quarantine wasn't the most effective way he could be leading his country during a global pandemic. So he did video messages. To a climate summit. Instead of flying to the other side of the planet.

What a horrible leader Xi is.

Orange Devil has issued a correction as of 17:38 on Nov 3, 2021

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

yeah i don't really see a problem lmao, the real crime is the bitcoin portion, and he's probably not even looking at them for that

anyone been in china recently? I remember the smog in 2011 being already way better but I'm curious how its getting now as they keep reducing emissions

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Jose posted:

i wish pangzai would make more videos but they probably weren't healthy for him

https://twitter.com/hebeipangzai/status/1224716063553703937?lang=en
What is this song? It's catchy.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

has america cleaned the water in flint Michigan yet? asking for a friend ( the friend is Xi Jinping)

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
new quad dropped.

https://asiatimes.com/2021/11/a-tale-of-two-quads-what-is-india-getting-into/

A tale of two Quads: What is India getting into?
It is not clear how India will gain with plenty to lose through participation in Quad-2 with the US, UAE and Israel

The West Asian Quad (Quad-2), comprising the US, Israel, the United Arab Emirates and India, which President Joe Biden’s administration unveiled two weeks ago, also follows the same format – the US networking with regional partners.

Both Quad-1 and Quad-2 have China in their crosshairs. Both are conceived as “coalitions of the willing.” Both formats have sea power as the dominant paradigm. Both are anchored on the control of the chokepoints in sea lanes – the Malacca Strait and the Bab-el-Mandeb strait, respectively.

[...]

Now, it is on the Yemeni island of Socotra, which overlooks the strategic Bab-el-Mandeb strait, that the UAE and Israel have created an intelligence-gathering base. The UAE has deployed hundreds of troops on the strategic island since May 2018, disregarding the protests by the Yemeni government.

The base can provide critical security services to the US regarding Chinese economic activity, especially its trade with Europe, and the movements of the PLA Navy.

[...]

Security analysts estimate that the spy base in Socotra will also be used to monitor Pakistan, especially Gwadar Port. Clearly, Quad-2 impacts the power dynamic in the region.

[...]

Put simply, Quad-1 and Quad-2 are joined at the hip. Given Quad-2’s agenda to monitor China and Pakistan, Washington has thoughtfully invited India to join. Of course, Israel and the UAE also have very friendly ties with India.

However, a few caveats must be added. First, it is 100% certain that whatever the UAE and Israel do in Yemen and the Arabian Sea will have an Iran angle to it. In fact, Iran is under no illusions on that score.

[...]

Equally, Quad-2 has an anti-Iran dimension to it. India-Iran ties can never be the same again if New Delhi teams up with the US, Israel and the UAE in Iran’s immediate neighborhood.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
i welcome modi's foreign policy of pissing off every single regional neighbour (now feat iran, who they had ok relations with and got massive oil supplies from) in order to suck american dick

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

because we always reward our allies right:)

because we always reward our allies right :catstare:

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

still thinking about how south korean liberals bragged about their vaccine manufacturing deal with the united states where they made all the vaccines didnt get to keep any but got the credit for making them and being good team players

just completely oblivious to the fact that no one outside of korea knows or cares about any of that

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1455621996495114246

"we showed up" to make some empty statements that do nothing, and in the meantime the folks who weren't there are actually the ones hitting their emissions reduction targets, so really who's leading here?

Yeah, but at the same time, not showing up at the emperor's invite.. that's sedition. gotta take care of it.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
good news!

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

how awful that means theyll have more than anyone else right :(

that means theyll have more than anyone else right :catstare:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

the US has 3,750 warheads as of October, for perspective

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
America is dedicated with so many nukes and have at least half a dozen plans to scorch the Earth should things not swing their way that they think everyone else thinks the same way.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
extremely good thread title

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

gradenko_2000 posted:

extremely good thread title

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

You only really need, at most, 500 nuclear weapons; at that point you can destroy all life on earth, nevermind beating your enemy or whatever.