Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Mike N Eich posted:

Wash Away applies to everything cast on “impulse” effects too right? I imagine it’s gonna have a lot of applicability

Yeah, those cards are exiled and you cast them from exile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

mandatory lesbian posted:

Genuinely love how twitter cuts the mana cost off so i can go "sems like a pretty sweet 3 drop" and then spin the roulette of how far off i am

On that note, would it be too much to ask people to actually link a card image vs. Twitter? It’s just annoying to get redirected to a site where you have to click AGAIN just to see the mana.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Crackbone posted:

On that note, would it be too much to ask people to actually link a card image vs. Twitter?

Yeah, probably

It's far more work than for them to take the image, upload it to imgur/whatever, and link that, then it is for you to click twice.

Conversely do what I do and just refresh http://www.mythicspoiler.com/newspoilers.html every 15 minutes, since sometimes people reposting here miss stuff

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

BizarroAzrael posted:

Want to keep any eye on clerics and see if something comes together, between this and Voice of the Blessed.

There's already a pretty decent base for clerics in standard, Orhzov is a good color regardless too.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

great callback to that black removal with the guy without arms and legs

edit

Goa Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 3, 2021

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Crackbone posted:

On that note, would it be too much to ask people to actually link a card image vs. Twitter? It’s just annoying to get redirected to a site where you have to click AGAIN just to see the mana.

Lone Goat posted:

Yeah, probably

It's far more work than for them to take the image, upload it to imgur/whatever, and link that, then it is for you to click twice.

Conversely do what I do and just refresh http://www.mythicspoiler.com/newspoilers.html every 15 minutes, since sometimes people reposting here miss stuff

I would strongly prefer a thread norm of no spoiler tweets. Rightclick copy image address works for Twitter too.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/MTGGoldfish/status/1455947219299876869

GOD i hope this is a seed for Madness in a future set.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'd hesitate to enforce a "no spoiler tweet embeds" rule without a more clear mandate for one, since the site's gone to a fair bit of trouble to make tweet embedding easy: but regardless, I encourage folks to install an Imgur plugin (I use "imgur Uploader") which lets you right-click on any image, choose upload to imgur in the context menu, and you get a URL (which you can set to BBCoded!) in your clipboard so you can immediately paste it; and for cases where an image isn't clickable or you want more than just the image, there's also a "capture region" tool that uploads whatever cropped area of the browser window you want, too.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Just post the mana cost along with any tweeted spoilers, it's the easiest solution.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
Oh boy, we have our new Seasoned Hallowblade

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

I'd hesitate to enforce a "no spoiler tweet embeds" rule without a more clear mandate for one

I don't think it needs to be enforced if a norm is set.

LifeLynx posted:

Just post the mana cost along with any tweeted spoilers, it's the easiest solution.

Right click the image in the tweet, select copy image address, and post that. It's trivial.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Optimistic Initiate
W
Creature - Human Warlock
Training
2W, Remove two +1/+1 counters from among creatures you control: Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
1/2

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Mike N Eich posted:

Oh boy, we have our new Seasoned Hallowblade

where?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Worse at blocking but harder to actually kill

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

AngryBooch posted:

Eh the ability to trade for free was a big selling point for Hallowblade, this is just some doofus that has to work hard to beat a random bear.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

It's Elvish Piper pupper

edit: Reminds me of the summer or 8th grade boy scout camp when I traded a Gaea's Cradle worth $20 at the time for Piper, Thorn Elemental and Verdant force, who were all about $8.

th3t00t fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Nov 3, 2021

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Katilda’s fuckin dead

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
i guess thats how you cheat out that 7 mana land thing

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

th3t00t posted:

It's Elvish Piper pupper

edit: Reminds me of the summer or 8th grade boy scout camp when I traded a Gaea's Cradle worth $20 at the time for Piper, Thorn Elemental and Verdant force, who were all about $8.

You either stop playing Magic after a while or play long enough to see yourself regret an old trade that you made.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
I traded a Mishra's Factory for a Phyrexian Dreadnought which was a bad trade at the time but would be great now if I could actually find my old cards

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

AngryBooch posted:

If you're a control deck how do you even kill this? All I can think of is permanent -1/-1 effects but those are always really expensive. It will be very potent against decks with few creatures.

I guess the downside compared to adanto and hallowblade is it doesn't work with maul or enchantments and you have to have open mana and cards in the yard to be a threat in combat.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Magic Underwear posted:

If you're a control deck how do you even kill this? All I can think of is permanent -1/-1 effects but those are always really expensive. It will be very potent against decks with few creatures.

I guess the downside compared to adanto and hallowblade is it doesn't work with maul or enchantments and you have to have open mana and cards in the yard to be a threat in combat.

You'll run them out of cards eventually.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Magic Underwear posted:

Block it. It's only a 3/1.
Also it's still going One-for-One with your answers and rendering itself summoning sick, so if you had some sort of T: Deal 1 to a creature it's not in their interest to keep it alive.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

It can't wear any pants or counters so you can just tank it for a while, too.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
I was thinking that guy was strictly better than Hallowblade but then I realized the dragon egg can block that in perpetuity. If they ever make one of those 3/1s that can phase out on command, then we’re in trouble.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Can't you exile it as combat damage is put onto the stack?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
monowhite continues to be the best deck people don't worry about despite being one of the best decks thru rotation now

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Splendid Reclamation reprint.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Strong Sauce posted:

Not since m10

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Strong Sauce posted:

Combat damage hasn’t gone on the stack since they changed the rules in core set 2010

E: b

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Strong Sauce posted:

God I wish, the dumbing down of America started with the removal of this rule.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

DangerDongs posted:

God I wish, the dumbing down of America started with the removal of this rule.

Just thinking of Dina, Soul Steeper with damage on the stack and getting mad.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?
I posted a few days back about getting my girlfriend into paper magic with me. It's going well and I got an Innistrad bundle just to open some packs to have some fun with. The first set booster inside that I cracked had this thing in it and although it is very funny I have like no context on why this exists or why they put it in the booster:

https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=476239

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Abisteen posted:

I posted a few days back about getting my girlfriend into paper magic with me. It's going well and I got an Innistrad bundle just to open some packs to have some fun with. The first set booster inside that I cracked had this thing in it and although it is very funny I have like no context on why this exists or why they put it in the booster:

https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=476239

Basically set boosters have a chance to have rare or unusual or desirable cards from a whole host of other products, one of which is that card. That is a card that was designed and internally messed around with at playtesting for MtG, but was not officially "released" except in some of the random Mystery Booster products from last year. Because there's very low amounts of the playtesting cards from Mystery Boosters, they were also put in that extra card List for set boosters, and that's how you got it.

It's not tournament legal but it'll be fun for casual play with your girlfriend. It is a legitimate Magic card, no one messed with your packs.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

AngryBooch posted:

dredge playable?

Edit: Nevermind I'm dumb, it's exile and return, not return from graveyard adurf

Mezzanon fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Nov 4, 2021

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Strong Sauce posted:

Sort of - if you give it first strike (and the blocker doesn't have 1st strike) , you can deal first strike damage then wave it out. If both have first strike, this doesn't work, because they deal the damage at the same time.

I'm pretty sure that works.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Drewjitsu posted:

Sort of - if you give it first strike (and the blocker doesn't have 1st strike) , you can deal first strike damage then wave it out. If both have first strike, this doesn't work, because they deal the damage at the same time.

This works but please God let's keep damage off the stack

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Drewjitsu posted:

It works but drat it's expensive. Mostly you're hoping that the threat of that play is enough to make people not block. But really you're hoping to play against creature-light decks since it beats practically every form of removal in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Magic Underwear posted:

It works but drat it's expensive. Mostly you're hoping that the threat of that play is enough to make people not block. But really you're hoping to play against creature-light decks since it beats practically every form of removal in the game.

I wonder if that sees play on my Orzhov Midrange deck, now that you mention it, that deck gets pretty good card advantage and struggles against super slow play. Protects itself from Blood on the Snow too. Hmm.