Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Mierenneuker posted:

It's extremely not zen when you don't realize what the object is supposed to be. Those anime bike figurines won't go anyplace I have toys and other figurines! ...because they are actually shoes.

Those were a couple of embarrassing minutes.

I spent a few minutes trying to place a magnetic whiteboard with other computer/creative stuff because I thought it was a tablet with a pen. Nope. Fridge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

One of the boxes had an apron, but there was no place I could put it in the kitchen, so it got a spot on a hanger in my bedroom closet :shrug:

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Toaster Beef posted:

I spent a few minutes trying to place a magnetic whiteboard with other computer/creative stuff because I thought it was a tablet with a pen. Nope. Fridge.

That one got me and on the "back home" level there was a photo that rejected the cork board and I had to put in a drawer. In theory something could be read into that but it was unclear given that most of the photos are blurry blobs.

And I generally hate incense so having to have the incense holder(? The red ruler thing) on top of the nightstand... Incensed me.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."
Fired up Sable. Great music and visuals but the performance is abysmal on the One X. Bummer.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Zachack posted:

That one got me and on the "back home" level there was a photo that rejected the cork board and I had to put in a drawer. In theory something could be read into that but it was unclear given that most of the photos are blurry blobs.

And I generally hate incense so having to have the incense holder(? The red ruler thing) on top of the nightstand... Incensed me.

It’s clearly the photo of you and the guy you moved in with. A clever way to drive home the point.

I thought it interesting how there was no space to hang the diploma in that guy’s apartment and that it had to be hidden away in order to finish the unpacking. There was a lot about that apartment that seemed very cold and uninviting.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
what is this PIN the xbox app wants for me to sign in with. it says to go to settings->accounts-> sign-in options but i dont see that option in the program or on live.com

man im tired of this lovely future where passwords arent enough

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Relin posted:

what is this PIN the xbox app wants for me to sign in with. it says to go to settings->accounts-> sign-in options but i dont see that option in the program or on live.com

man im tired of this lovely future where passwords arent enough

It’s probably from the app.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

You can definitely turn all that off, my Xbox boots straight to the dashboard

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Skrill.exe posted:

Fired up Sable. Great music and visuals but the performance is abysmal on the One X. Bummer.

If you've got decent wired connection, try the xcloud on console, you'll have to uninstall, but that's how I'm playing on my xboneX and it runs almost flawlessly.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Sable has a memory leak issue or something on the Series X, so when you boot it up you'll get 10 minutes of absolutely incredible, smooth gameplay that slowly degenerates into an absolute loving mess. Dunno if that's been fixed in the week or so since I beat it, but I intend to go back to it someday just to tool around when everything's patched out.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Toaster Beef posted:

Sable has a memory leak issue or something on the Series X, so when you boot it up you'll get 10 minutes of absolutely incredible, smooth gameplay that slowly degenerates into an absolute loving mess. Dunno if that's been fixed in the week or so since I beat it, but I intend to go back to it someday just to tool around when everything's patched out.

I think it has this on PC as well, I've read reports of awful performance on good machines.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
How many usable gigs do you actually get out of the 1tb Seagate stick?

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

loudog999 posted:

What is the best fight stick for the series X? I have a PS3 Street Fighter 4 tournament stick but I don’t think it would work. Preferable would like one that works on X, PS5, and PC but that may not be a thing.

I took that same controller and added an internal universal board and a few upgrades and it works on all platforms. It's easier to get one of the adapters linked earlier, and I would have done that if I knew they existed, but building a stick was pretty fun.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

How many usable gigs do you actually get out of the 1tb Seagate stick?

~920GB.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
Finished Unpacked. That was a worthy couple hours. As someone who just moved recently because of a growing family, this hit me in the feels more than I'd ever think a game about unpacking boxes would. I guess I should actually work on some of the unpacked boxes in my storage and see if it gives me the same feels.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

tensai posted:

Finished Unpacked. That was a worthy couple hours. As someone who just moved recently because of a growing family, this hit me in the feels more than I'd ever think a game about unpacking boxes would. I guess I should actually work on some of the unpacked boxes in my storage and see if it gives me the same feels.

Real life won't increase your gamer score though

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

On the occasion that GamePass comes up in places like the PS5 thread, almost invariably after QoP says something about something staying winning, I feel like it never gets mentioned that you can extend your GP subscription merely by playing GP games. It really is a phenomenally high value service that breaks my brain and I can't conceive that it's going to last much longer. Surely it can't.

Edit: Fwiw in my work it seems like the majority of games we work on now are getting that Xbox money for GamePass. We try to be discerning and not work on crap tho.

Is Backbone any good? I just saw it came to GamePass. Related to the above that came up as an opportunity for us ages ago and it looked very cool but we had to gamepass.

Akuma fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 3, 2021

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Akuma posted:

, almost invariably after QoP says something about something staying winning,

:stare:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I never do the quest stuff because it seems like a lot of busy work. I'm perfectly happy just paying the automatic $16.04 every month and not having to worry about it. Lord knows I've gotten much more value than that out of it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I have no idea how it happened but I bought a month of GPU in mid October and it's somehow extended to expire on December 6th.
The winning never ends.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

American McGay posted:

I never do the quest stuff because it seems like a lot of busy work. I'm perfectly happy just paying the automatic $16.04 every month and not having to worry about it. Lord knows I've gotten much more value than that out of it.
All I do is play games like I normally would and occasionally press the Xbox button and then I end up with credit for more GamePass.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

American McGay posted:

I paid $100 once for 3 years and I dunno what I’m gonna do when it all expires

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Akuma posted:

All I do is play games like I normally would and occasionally press the Xbox button and then I end up with credit for more GamePass.

Is that a console only thing? Never seen a hint of it on PC game pass >:(

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
I bought three years and because of the quests I'll probably have another 2.5 years through points by the time my first sub ends.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

acksplode posted:

Yeah that's the first I'm hearing of it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Akuma posted:

Is Backbone any good? I just saw it came to GamePass. Related to the above that came up as an opportunity for us ages ago and it looked very cool but we had to gamepass.

I dont want to triple post about it. Check my recent post history itt

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

I dont want to triple post about it. Check my recent post history itt
Ah thanks. I have some kind of blindness for the name of that game because I always forget it.

That's a shame it doesn't stick it out. Ah well.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Eurogamer summed it up pretty well for me

eurogamer posted:

Backbone makes such a ludicrous narrative pivot it essentially leaps right out of its genre, and in the process does an injustice to both its characters and the work that has been done to this point, while leaving crucial plot threads unresolved and members of the cast ignored. It unstitches all of the careful, thoughtful preamble in a way that leaves me both open-mouthed and utterly infuriated
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eurogamer.net/amp/2021-06-17-backbone-review

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I paid $100 once for 3 years and I dunno what I’m gonna do when it all expires

Once that happens you can just go and top up on Xbox Live again, then convert it all to Xbox Game Pass and keep rocking. I just reupped for two years last summer using the ol' Live Razzle Dazzle after my Game Pass ran out for a week or so.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

acksplode posted:

Yeah they have little quests and things to earn MS reward points for console players that just don’t exist on the PC version.

I’m getting a 50% discount on PC GamePass by doing the searches and quizzes and poo poo - if you do it every day you’ll earn enough for free GP every month, but every few days is enough points to get every second month for free.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

American McGay posted:

You should let it lapse and do the gold conversion. It's simple and you'll save a lot of money.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Seltzer posted:

You should let it lapse and do the gold conversion. It's simple and you'll save a lot of money.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Seltzer posted:

What’s the buzz, let GPU lapse, buy a load of XBL Gold and then a month of GPU?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I think it's still one dollar to convert but they mightve switched it to a month of GPU on top. I got 2 years of Gamepass for 81 dollars. Costco 2 year gold card + that deal. Way better than spending $384 imo. If you really want to save more people buy argentine gamepass codes online and do that aforementioned move. I don't think anyones gotten in trouble or had any issues doing that. Definitely google the second method though lol, I don't know all the details cept that people do it.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Nov 3, 2021

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Can i name my son gamepass or get eyelid tattoos of the logo to save even more?

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

This is basically it, but I use the additional step of buying the cheapest available XBL gold, then VPN into that nation and redeem the XBL gold cards there. I figure if I'm gonna be jumping through hoops to save a few bucks, another hoop for ~$30-40 off 3 years is worth it.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Seltzer posted:

I think it's still one dollar to convert but they mightve switched it to a month of GPU on top.

It's the same as it always was: if you subscribe to Ultimate while having Gold and/or a lesser Game Pass already on the account, it all gets converted to Ultimate at a 1:1 rate (max 36 months). However, that 1 month of Ultimate will cost you $14.99 instead of $1 unless you're a new user or been off Ultimate for at least around 8 months or something.

Of course, it's a great deal regardless.

Zat fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 3, 2021

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Thanks peeps

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im curious what specifically happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I mean I'm a six hundred pound man that washes myself with a rag on a stick and I get game pass for free by doing daily searches and Gamepass quests.