Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Filthy Hans posted:

I thought he renounced the right in order to marry Camilla and William is the heir, but I could be wrong

Nope he’s s still the heir. Rumor has it that he promised Camilla won’t take the title of Queen consort but that might be bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bleeding kansas
Nov 15, 2019

Wrex Ruckus posted:

honestly the best way to ruin a joke for a group is for someone they don't like to try to adopt it

sorry you dont like your parents

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

tacodaemon posted:

this is my favorite part of that Guardian article: “The King’s life is moving peacefully towards its close,” was the final notice issued by George V’s doctor, Lord Dawson, at 9.30pm on the night of 20 January 1936. Not long afterwards, Dawson injected the king with 750mg of morphine and a gram of cocaine – enough to kill him twice over – in order to ease the monarch’s suffering, and to have him expire in time for the printing presses of the Times, which rolled at midnight.

“Sorry you gotta go but this will be great content.”

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

killing the king so that it will have time to be front page news lmao

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

tacodaemon posted:

this is my favorite part of that Guardian article: “The King’s life is moving peacefully towards its close,” was the final notice issued by George V’s doctor, Lord Dawson, at 9.30pm on the night of 20 January 1936. Not long afterwards, Dawson injected the king with 750mg of morphine and a gram of cocaine – enough to kill him twice over – in order to ease the monarch’s suffering, and to have him expire in time for the printing presses of the Times, which rolled at midnight.

“I’m not quite dead yet…I’m feeling better”

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

turnip kid posted:

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/...53649start%3D90

Oh man, this DeSantis guy's devastating.

Really starting to hate the way he strings his sentences together. There's something really fuckin' corny about the guy.

wow, president brandon!

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

tmol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Hillary 2024 posted:

Biden should adopt the slogan "Let's Go Biden!"

this would be great and clever. won’t happen

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
let’s go Brandon, love da Brandons baby!

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

tpol

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

UFOTacoMan posted:

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

UFOTacoMan posted:

Ol sakkman
Sep 28, 2021

by Athanatos
750mg of morphine and a gram of coke. Mate where's the syringe big enough. Old mate must have had a tolerance

Ol sakkman
Sep 28, 2021

by Athanatos
When you really, really wanna kill a dude you whip out the ol grammer

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!
I was saying "lets go biden"

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

isn't regicide illegal

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Dustcat posted:

isn't regicide illegal

no

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

either way, good show

it's one of the few crimes even paul manafort has never managed to commit

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

it’s the most legal type of murder

Ol sakkman
Sep 28, 2021

by Athanatos
When you're a doctor they just let you do it. Grab em by the lack of a gram of coke in their veins

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/Cu3JCrn.mp4

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

tacodaemon posted:

At the BBC, the “radio alert transmission system” (Rats), will be activated – a cold war-era alarm designed to withstand an attack on the nation’s infrastructure. Rats, which is also sometimes referred to as “royal about to snuff it”, is a near mythical part of the intricate architecture of ritual and rehearsals for the death of major royal personalities that the BBC has maintained since the 1930s. Most staff have only ever seen it work in tests; many have never seen it work at all. “Whenever there is a strange noise in the newsroom, someone always asks, ‘Is that the Rats?’ Because we don’t know what it sounds like,” one regional reporter told me.

the sound of the RATS are the angry screams of the deceased royal’s ghost as they are converted into electrical energy for britain

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

UFOTacoMan posted:

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

UFOTacoMan posted:

Ol sakkman
Sep 28, 2021

by Athanatos
Went and saw this new play, The King's Speedball, lots of highs, lots of lows

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Dustcat posted:

isn't regicide illegal

only if you do it for a good reason like a newspaper deadline

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

The way I'd handle it is when your holosuite session is over you put a new holofloor 1 inch over the old one and start the next session. Then at the end of the day you turn off all the floors and send Rom with a mop to clean up all the piss poo poo blood and jizz from the day.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
folks.......................... :peanut:

https://twitter.com/photowhitehouse/status/1456019788463939588

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
bbb working out for Mr moon I see

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

tacodaemon posted:

At the BBC, the “radio alert transmission system” (Rats), will be activated – a cold war-era alarm designed to withstand an attack on the nation’s infrastructure. Rats, which is also sometimes referred to as “royal about to snuff it”, is a near mythical part of the intricate architecture of ritual and rehearsals for the death of major royal personalities that the BBC has maintained since the 1930s. Most staff have only ever seen it work in tests; many have never seen it work at all. “Whenever there is a strange noise in the newsroom, someone always asks, ‘Is that the Rats?’ Because we don’t know what it sounds like,” one regional reporter told me.

Ol sakkman
Sep 28, 2021

by Athanatos

Ol William moon
Lived in a barrel
Pissed in a shoe

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I think I have a brutal sinus infection

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Aw he fell asleep with his to-- :stare: :3:

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

For a long time, the art of royal spectacle was for other, weaker peoples: Italians, Russians, and Habsburgs. British ritual occasions were a mess. At the funeral of Princess Charlotte, in 1817, the undertakers were drunk. Ten years later, St George’s Chapel was so cold during the burial of the Duke of York that George Canning, the foreign secretary, contracted rheumatic fever and the bishop of London died. “We never saw so motley, so rude, so ill-managed a body of persons,” reported the Times on the funeral of George IV, in 1830. Victoria’s coronation a few years later was nothing to write home about. The clergy got lost in the words; the singing was awful; and the royal jewellers made the coronation ring for the wrong finger. “Some nations have a gift for ceremonial,” the Marquess of Salisbury wrote in 1860. “In England the case is exactly the reverse.”

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Consummate Professional posted:

I think I have a brutal sinus infection

i'm a little rusty on my anatomy but i don't think humans have a brutal sinus

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

WarMECH posted:

sometimes i just sit back and remember all the stupid and sexist and racist things that trump has said over the years and how he just continues to grow in popularity in spite of himself like im starting to think he may be some sort of demi god with his ability to just constantly shift blame to others and never suffer consequences ever im truly in awe

Shamelessness is a huge asset for political life. As is not having a conscience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i dont give a poo poo..... i love trump. gently caress u!!!!