Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think it was more "the show was bad at this point but none of us had realized that yet and we were still trying to love the show and watching it religiously" so we collectively remember the occasional good (or at least passable) joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Baron von Eevl posted:

I think it was more "the show was bad at this point but none of us had realized that yet and we were still trying to love the show and watching it religiously" so we collectively remember the occasional good (or at least passable) joke.

You sniped a thread where you could have been talking about many different shows. Seinfeld, Game of Thrones The Walking Dead.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I feel like krusty should have been designed as a clown from that era instead of performing anachronisticly and hopefully someone was fired for this blunder

Wasn't Krusty initially intended to be Homer in clown makeup?

Yes, I know they later had the Klown Kollege ep

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Homer the "nuclear technician" to his family who is secretly a TV clown would be a v different show.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

goatface posted:

Homer the "nuclear technician" to his family who is secretly a TV clown would be a v different show.

It might have just been some retconning that Groening was doing in-between footrubs on Air Epstein, who knows

https://screenrant.com/simpsons-homer-krusty-clown-twist/

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Failed Imagineer posted:

Wasn't Krusty initially intended to be Homer in clown makeup?

Yes, I know they later had the Klown Kollege ep

I think that was an idea that Groening played with at one point early on, like Marge having rabbit ears under her hair. It's pretty clear by the time they were actually producing episodes for season 1 that it was abandoned (Krusty Gets Busted wouldn't make any sense). I think it was probably from around when ideas were getting bounced around for the other characters around Springfield. Radioactive Man also looks a little like Homer, I think the idea with that and Krusty was more that all of Bart's heroes are kind of reflections of his dad, who he doesn't actually respect at all.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Shouldn't that say "I was saying 'let's go Brandon'"?

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

lmao

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Lifespan posted:

Shouldn't that say "I was saying 'let's go Brandon'"?

Here's the joke.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

No, I am aware, but the crowd was chanting "gently caress Joe Biden" and the guy misunderstood it as "let's go Brandon". Wouldn't Moleman have been the one guy in the crowd that actually was saying "let's go Brandon"?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Lifespan posted:

No, I am aware, but the crowd was chanting "gently caress Joe Biden" and the guy misunderstood it as "let's go Brandon". Wouldn't Moleman have been the one guy in the crowd that actually was saying "let's go Brandon"?

yes. your version of the joke is better.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Too soon.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
The meme says Henry Ruggs II, and the tweet says Henry Ruggs III. Are we to believe this is some kind of magical Henry Ruggs? Boy I hope somebody got fired for that blunder

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

donquixotic posted:

The meme says Henry Ruggs II, and the tweet says Henry Ruggs III. Are we to believe this is some kind of magical Henry Ruggs? Boy I hope somebody got fired for that blunder

all your least favourite football stars like Ruggs ii, Ruggs iii, Bruggs ii, Rongs ii, and Brady!

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I saw this once as a kid and was extremely confused

Tokyo Sexwale fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Nov 3, 2021

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Make milhouse "through the looking glass" (thats what thats from right?) into Aliens messy hair guy

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Lifespan posted:

Or maybe now that everyone is saying let's go Brandon, actually saying gently caress Joe Biden is the outsider/not cool thing to do?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Gonna need a meme of Moleman being asked by Smokey the bear if he was saying gently caress Joe Biden or Let's go Brandon. You selected gently caress Joe Biden, referring to Let's go Brandon. This is incorrect, the correct answer is Let's go Brandon.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I think that goon is right about what Moleman should be saying to be accurate to what happened but it's way funnier to me that he's saying gently caress Joe Biden.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I blame my adherence to Simpsons lore dictating Moleman saying the correct phrase over the funnier joke.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Uh, I'd also like to express my dislike for that particular racist.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

"let's go brandon"

"who keeps saying that?!"

"it was him. let's get him, fellas."

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Propaganda Hour posted:

Gonna need a meme of Moleman being asked by Smokey the bear if he was saying gently caress Joe Biden or Let's go Brandon. You selected gently caress Joe Biden, referring to Let's go Brandon. This is incorrect, the correct answer is Let's go Brandon.

Please somebody make this, I’m too lazy at the moment

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

ChesterJT posted:

Or maybe now that everyone is saying let's go Brandon, actually saying gently caress Joe Biden is the outsider/not cool thing to do?

"The answer is no, neither was ever cool."

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

:dudsmile:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I feel like krusty should have been designed as a clown from that era instead of performing anachronisticly and hopefully someone was fired for this blunder

Krusty was already an anachronism from day one as a TV host clown in the 90s.

Though the 90s was quite the last gasp for TV hosts, I'm vaguely reminded of one local kids show morning host who played King Koopa as basically a pimp with a costumed dog.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I just looked it up because I remember watching Bozo the clown as a pre-teen which would have been late 80s/early 90s - in my local market, Chicago, the Bozo show went until 2001 :kstarehair:

e: and Bob Bell, the original Chicago area Bozo, was evidently the inspiration for Krusty’s voice. TIL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Though the 90s was quite the last gasp for TV hosts, I'm vaguely reminded of one local kids show morning host who played King Koopa as basically a pimp with a costumed dog.

I think that was Super Hornio Bros. and your parents may have some explaining to do.