Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Xaris posted:

dsp is extremely good
:darksydephil: woow dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Smythe posted:

goon brain idpol aids

nah factorio dev guy actually does suck rear end

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Lady Militant posted:

nah factorio dev guy actually does suck rear end

does he suck rear end in a "5 nights at Freddies voted for Trump" way or in the "Night in the Woods guy who killed himself for being a pedophile" kind of way

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Shipon posted:

i don't even build the shell components at this point i just love watching the swarm float around, it looks cool as hell

I never bothered with the shell, the swarm is too cool and much, much cheaper

playing the first 20 hours of the game over and over until I get a seed with tidal locking around a blue star

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Shipon posted:

there's a lot of anti-china propaganda that's hard to overcome, and it took covid and the resulting fallout to make me go from "free hong kong!" to how i feel about china now

Is there any writing on why “free Hong Kong” wasn’t actually a good movement? I’m sincerely curious about this, as I remember it being a big deal a couple years ago; now no one talks about it.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Equeen posted:

Is there any writing on why “free Hong Kong” wasn’t actually a good movement? I’m sincerely curious about this, as I remember it being a big deal a couple years ago; now no one talks about it.
i found four words

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Equeen posted:

It was the beta run for Xinjiang OP, though arguably I feel it may have done a better job at capturing the imagination of the West - though neither was as successful as the OG balkanization attempt on Tibet.

The whole of the free HK movement was corrupt businessmen worried about the CPC coming for their heads and anglophile channer-types longing for the days of colonization (that they never lived in)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Shitheads: The podcast
https://twitter.com/thomaschattwill/status/1455944691736891397

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Imagine hating black people this much

Paffgen
Jul 13, 2009
He's the most despicable public faux intellectual out there who wasn't directly involved in the Iraq War.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I don't know who Thomas Chatterton Williams is.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Gripweed posted:

I don't know who Thomas Chatterton Williams is.

i have a vague notion that he is garbage

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

probably less of a piece of poo poo than virgil though

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Deified Data posted:

It was the beta run for Xinjiang OP, though arguably I feel it may have done a better job at capturing the imagination of the West - though neither was as successful as the OG balkanization attempt on Tibet.

The whole of the free HK movement was corrupt businessmen worried about the CPC coming for their heads and anglophile channer-types longing for the days of colonization (that they never lived in)

Also the chosen case that sparked this was a dude who chopped up his girlfriend and sneaked the body in a large briefcase into HK.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Gripweed posted:

It's amazing that someone bought you that av because they thought that post made you look bad

I like how the post even mentions that the threats are threats to prosecute his daughter for actual crimes she has committed, but D&D acts like he's suggesting Manchin's daughter be kidnapped with a bomb strapped to her or something

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

lumpentroll posted:

ehhhh

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
brie going the nina turner route

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

lumpentroll posted:

it's close

a Loving Dog posted:

Imagine hating black people this much
lol this is low effort even by your standards.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lumpentroll posted:

a small sampling:

https://twitter.com/davidklion/status/1322937889542623239
https://twitter.com/AsteadWesley/status/1286061966906335238
https://twitter.com/WesleyLowery/status/1286069173886517254

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

What’s this now?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
bri is lookin good

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
The blue checks folks

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the funny thing i find about virgil is that he was so absent most of the time anyway that there’s not much difference now

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1456013773316177928

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

mcmagic posted:

lol this is low effort even by your standards.

it was a joke you complete dipshit. jesus dude lighten the gently caress up

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

didn't Thomas Chatterton Williams have an absolute meltdown a while back over not getting verified? or am I thinking of a different pretentious dipshit?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

more like thomas shitterton williams

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Azathoth posted:

didn't Thomas Chatterton Williams have an absolute meltdown a while back over not getting verified? or am I thinking of a different pretentious dipshit?

that was him.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i still have no idea who the guy is but those pieces of text quoted earlier were pretty innocuous imo. trying a little too hard to be edgy, i guess

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

V. Illych L. posted:

i still have no idea who the guy is but those pieces of text quoted earlier were pretty innocuous imo. trying a little too hard to be edgy, i guess

He was the principal guy/organizer of the Harpers cancel culture letter too

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Wasn't he the one who said that hip hop music made him beat his girlfriend?

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I thought the last chapo guest was pretty weak, using big words to try and sound smart and constantly interrupting everyone else. also a lightweight on analysis

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Hell yeah

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

I thought the last chapo guest was pretty weak, using big words to try and sound smart and constantly interrupting everyone else. also a lightweight on analysis

that’s the producer he drops in from time 2 time

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Centrist Committee posted:

:golfclap:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Centrist Committee posted:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Anyone that uses their full name all the time is a freak and to be shunned

Anyone that just uses their middle initial is cool like James t. Kirk

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
when is the podcast bubble going to burst for gently caress's sake

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Judakel posted:

when is the podcast bubble going to burst for gently caress's sake
i popped it like mr big

cumtown lol at nick trying to kill the pod so he can go back to working at circuit city, and failing at even that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
lmao at redscare's numbers dipping just as anna had a baby