Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

wilderthanmild posted:

So many stupid behaviors are reinforced by not having immediate or serious negative consequences. "Oh this thing didn't kill me, guess I made the right choice."

Coincidentally, this line of thinking also reinforces drunk driving habits. Someone decides to drive home drunk one time, they don't get caught. Next time they need to get home and they are drunk, maybe they consider a taxi, uber, car services, whatever, but hey, driving home drunk worked out last time. Soon it's just a thing they take for granted and do every time, because just getting in your car and whipping home is easier than even something really easy like a team supplied car service.

I've also seen this exact line of thinking laid out to defend drunk driving. Like People drunk drive everywhere all the time, only like .1% of them will kill anyone!

statistics are poorly understood by humans, and even less understood by statisticians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Just lmfao for loving ever that Rodgers was eating playdoh instead of getting a vaxx. I loving hate this country so much.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I can’t get over how fast Ruggs was driving. I’ve driven 130 one time on a deserted interstate in a car that could handle that speed, and it spooked the poo poo out of me.

I have been drunker than a loving skunk many times, but I’ve never been drunk enough to the point that I’m not afraid of that speed.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Blue Raider posted:

I can’t get over how fast Ruggs was driving. I’ve driven 130 one time on a deserted interstate in a car that could handle that speed, and it spooked the poo poo out of me.

I have been drunker than a loving skunk many times, but I’ve never been drunk enough to the point that I’m not afraid of that speed.

Even more how did he not die? 156 mph that's like a head on at 70 nobody lives through those.

God I had really hoped she had died at impact.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I dont know what it says about me but I find the Aaron Rodgers thing extremely amusing and the DUI thing is legit one of the worst and horrifying things I've ever heard of.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Blue Raider posted:

Seriously my brain is having trouble processing that level of speed.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

pasaluki posted:

I dont know what it says about me but I find the Aaron Rodgers thing extremely amusing and the DUI thing is legit one of the worst and horrifying things I've ever heard of.

It says you're a human with a functional brain and a soul, whatever a soul actually is

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

pasaluki posted:

The Rodgers thing is hilarious because he lied about it and somehow none of the press who cover the team noticed that he was following the unvaccinated player rules, and also because he thought his jacking crystals would protect him from covid.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

adaz posted:

Even more how did he not die? 156 mph that's like a head on at 70 nobody lives through those.

God I had really hoped she had died at impact.

Don't read any more

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

adaz posted:

Someone posted an article earlier saying that he had "slowed down" to around 120 MPH before impact so that might be why he survived

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

FUCKFACE MORON posted:

Someone posted an article earlier saying that he had "slowed down" to around 120 MPH before impact so that might be why he survived

It's because he was drunk and relaxed, actually.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

fsif posted:

This was Rodger's homepathic treatment to raise his antibodies

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Thinking about it, there'd be a lot less football injuries if everyone played drunk.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Need a new Breaking Madden ep: what would Derrick Henry’s stat line be against a Jaguars defense where every player is drunk?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
A drunk Jaguars defense would be as good as the '85 Bears

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Henry is drunk, every play is a run to Henry. Any Jaguars defender who he stiff arms is immediately concussed

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It’s important to quantify how drunk. A buzz? Defense improves for sure. Anything more than that and not only does the defense get worse, but Henry gets better because while his odds of falling down increase, the likelihood of him being touched down by a jags defender significantly decrease.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Drunken master, but running back

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

FUCKFACE MORON posted:

Also she wasn't stopped, so subtract however fast she was going from the impact velocity.

Jesus christ that's horrific, imagine that loving guy on the scene trying to help but can't do poo poo.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Also she wasn't stopped, so subtract however fast she was going from the impact velocity.

Jesus christ that's horrific, imagine that loving guy on the scene trying to help but can't do poo poo.

I'd rather not imagine, actually :gonk:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Can we get a separate thread for the Ruggs stuff? I don't love to hear about exactly how a woman and her dog burned to death every time I open a football thread.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Can we get a separate thread for the Ruggs stuff? I don't love to hear about exactly how a woman and her dog burned to death every time I open a football thread.

I think I'll second this one.

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
Given that it seems the Packers org knew all along that Rodgers hadn't been vaxed, I'm wondering if keeping mum on that subject was part of the deal for getting Rodgers to stay with the team this year.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Maybe a thread for talking about NFL dudes in legal trouble in general would be a good idea

Sorry I posted that update

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

I hope Ruggs goes to jail for a long time.

Just like Ray Lewis did.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

dingo with a joint posted:

Given that it seems the Packers org knew all along that Rodgers hadn't been vaxed, I'm wondering if keeping mum on that subject was part of the deal for getting Rodgers to stay with the team this year.

The NFL also knew so I’m not sure who they would be keeping it secret from

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/mickakers/status/1456017125601013761?s=21
I believe Derek Carr actually will be going to visit Ruggs 10 years from now in a Vegas prison

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Rodgers told people he was "inoculated" which people likely thought he was treating it as the same as "vaccinated". Press probably just assumed he was being extra careful to not be exposed following the extra protocol. He's a very important qb afterall

It's such a dumb way to round about lie about vaccination status

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Or everyone just treated COVID procedures as security theater and no one gives a poo poo.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
loving mandate it and deploy the FEMA camps for fucks sake. You leave these dumb motherfuckers to their own devices and 'freedoms' and they go out there and eat horse worm paste and playdoh instead of a loving vaccine because they are too god drat stupid to breath on their own and figure out they're being played by political culture war.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Everyone was making fun of dumb Carson Wentz for not getting the vax, but who's the dumb QB now?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Guze posted:

A white lady with dreadlocks shaking a bag of rocks at you does not work against covid

Are you even a doctor?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

fsif posted:

Makes you wonder why they don't give shots to passengers when a plane is going down, everyone would live!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Rodgers told people he was "inoculated" which people likely thought he was treating it as the same as "vaccinated". Press probably just assumed he was being extra careful to not be exposed following the extra protocol. He's a very important qb afterall

It's such a dumb way to round about lie about vaccination status

There's nothing roundabout about it. He was asked directly if he was vaccinated and he nodded and said "yeah". It was just an outright lie.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

MJeff posted:

There's nothing roundabout about it. He was asked directly if he was vaccinated and he nodded and said "yeah". It was just an outright lie.

He said he was “immunized”

Well yeah I’m immunized for smallpox and polio and diptheria and rubella and pertussis

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

MJeff posted:

He thinks clay suppositories and covid parties are immunization (my bad on the word choice in the OP). Aaron smugly sat back thinking that having said "immunized" would get him a pass (it did with the press) until he tested positive and everyone put it together. It's the "I never said I was vaccinated" :smuggo: defense. Dude is the smug prick he's always seemed to be.

https://twitter.com/ChancellorTV/status/1455915987669299202?s=20

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Yeah he just loving lied. There's no reasonable good faith interpretation of what he said that would lead anyone to think he ate clay instead. Can't blame the press when they ask him directly if he's been vaccinated and he responds "yeah" then used a word that is all but synonymous with "vaccinated."

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Honestly shocked more players didn't just lie about being vaccinated instead of doing the HIPPA dance

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

really queer Christmas posted:

Honestly shocked more players didn't just lie about being vaccinated instead of doing the HIPPA dance

Well, Rodgers lied and it's completely blown up in his face and could wind up skullfucking himself and his team, so, that's why more players don't lie. But yes, I agree with you that I'm surprised more players don't just do it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

fsif posted:

Yeah he just loving lied. There's no reasonable good faith interpretation of what he said that would lead anyone to think he ate clay instead. Can't blame the press when they ask him directly if he's been vaccinated and he responds "yeah" then used a word that is all but synonymous with "vaccinated."

Is it really good faith when he gave himself an out though? I'm saying he did it so if this came up he could "well actually"