Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The Postman posted:

Is 1-2-Switch good?

Maybe for an afternoon but you won't get long term fun out of it, probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143

Thunder Bear posted:

...Am I insane or has literally no one else noticed that Stux and American McGay are the same person?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
they're not and i cannot fathom why you'd think they are

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

The Postman posted:

Is 1-2-Switch good?
Get Mario Party Superstars if you hate your friends/family or any of the Jackbox game if your want to embarrass your friends/family. 1-2-Switch is just the white bread of party games, it's not offensive but alright if you have nothing better.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Mega64 posted:

I did a bad job as thread IK so the admins punished me by promoting me to a Games mod.

If you have any feedback on how you want this thread post it in the Games Feedback thread and I'll try my best to keep things chill. I'll probably do an effort post there later so as not to derail chat about sweet Switch games.

nintendo ftw

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Mega64 posted:

I did a bad job as thread IK so the admins punished me by promoting me to a Games mod.

If you have any feedback on how you want this thread post it in the Games Feedback thread and I'll try my best to keep things chill. I'll probably do an effort post there later so as not to derail chat about sweet Switch games.

something somenthing pedopihlia

(congrats)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Real hurthling! posted:

Sucking up to him for quoting your spamcasm last thread
weird post lol

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ah, the curious case of Dr Gay and Mr Stux.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Stux & American McGay are kind of like toddlers having a meltdown. Best course of action is just to ignore them until they get bored. Engaging just leads to pain.

Tampa Bae posted:

Dragon Quest 11 Demo is really fun, thanks to everyone that recommended it to me, also cursing all of you who recommended it to me because I'm an hour into what I've read is a hundred hour game.

It's a lot of fun for some cozy straightforward JRPG nonsense plus it does look rather nice even on Switch. The special edition even gets the actual soundtrack instead of the midi garbage which was a nice surprise. Hope you enjoy it!

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Stux & American McGay are kind of like toddlers having a meltdown. Best course of action is just to ignore them until they get bored. Engaging just leads to pain.

by posting about them, you're actively engaging them. check mate, dork

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Clearly you've never met a toddler... or Stux.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Enough posting about posting, there's the feedback thread for that.

hexceed is fun,and free! Play it.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Tampa Bae posted:

Dragon Quest 11 Demo is really fun, thanks to everyone that recommended it to me, also cursing all of you who recommended it to me because I'm an hour into what I've read is a hundred hour game.

Don't be ridiculous.

A hundred hours is lowballing it.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

I slept on it when I first bought it but that Glass Masquerade double pack is the perfect podcast game next to Picross. Anyone have any other jigsaw puzzle recommendations? I'm running out of boards here.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I recently bought Sentinels of Freedom and I'm not sure if I like it.

I thought I was getting a cute superhero strategy game with some kind of story because that's what you get for the first hour. And then you create your own hero and end up in some mission hub and I just completely lost interest.

I had kind of the same experience with Banners of Ruin, but that's more that the font and ui were simply copied completely from the Steam version and is basically unreadable even for my near perfect vision.

Hero U is on sale. I loved the Quest for Glory games when I was younger so I'm really tempted. Is it going to be another disappointment?

I really just want to play some fun games that aren't 100 hour RPGs.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Walla posted:

I recently bought Sentinels of Freedom and I'm not sure if I like it.

I thought I was getting a cute superhero strategy game with some kind of story because that's what you get for the first hour. And then you create your own hero and end up in some mission hub and I just completely lost interest.
See, now I'm interested.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

American McGay posted:

Clearly you've never met a toddler... or Stux.

Yeah, toddlers are better at typing than Stux

;)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
no theyr enot

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Can I find three goons here willing to join me for a four player game of Ocarina Of Time?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Commander Keene posted:

See, now I'm interested.

I guess it could be ok.

The prologue is all about foiling a bank robbery. You start out as a Batwoman type who meets up with Not-Iron Man and female Not-Flash and end up fighting a guy who makes train puns and fires cannon balls and you defeat him but then he gets punched from behind and you get to make a character in this really robust character creator which is kind of neat. I made a robot guy who summoned turrets and drones and we all fought train pun guy and his cronies and stopped them from getting away but then we just go to headquarters which is nothing but a mission hub and we meet another hero who summons different kinds of drones and does magneto stuff because those powers go together and I just lost interest.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Can I find three goons here willing to join me for a four player game of Ocarina Of Time?
Yeah sure thing. Lemme drive over to the McDonald's parking lot real quick.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
didnt know things were that bad for you... mayhaps a goonfundme to pay for 12 months fo fiber to the home for our fellow poster?

The Postman
May 12, 2007

which Mario are you

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Luigi

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The Postman posted:

which Mario are you
i'm the one staring into the camera, eyes locked in horror as i realize i'm being observed

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I cant believe Wii U era virtual console had Earthbound Beginnings but the Switch SNES app doesn't have Earthbound.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

i'm the one staring into the camera, eyes locked in horror as i realize i'm being observed

there's like at least 10 of those

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Augus posted:

there's like at least 10 of those
says a lot about society these days, doesn't it

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

The Postman posted:

which Mario are you

the doctor one

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Mario Party Superstars is brilliant everyone should play it.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 22, 2021

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Spacebump posted:

Did someone alter this video or does this really happen on the emulator?
https://twitter.com/chiguinoki/status/1455693413886611464

I just watched my sister play through this exact bit in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and it (along with the entire game up to that point) was perfectly smooth and, aside from the higher resolution, accurate to the N64 version. I wasn't the one playing so I can't speak to any input lag but as a spectator the video was actually much better and more reliable than steam's remote play and streaming features. This has been my Nintendo Online + Expansion Pack N64 Collection testimonial, thank you for your time.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It's people with awful connections blaming Nintendo for them not understanding basic networking.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Apparently the new AC update is out now.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Kirios posted:

Mario Party Superstars is brilliant everyone should play it.
I've been playing with Master computers and it's still a ton of fun because they'll stomp random minigames then do the dumbest thing possible on the board to give up a star to hit a happening space because you used a slow block on them a turn ago

They're every bit as spiteful as a human would be

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 22, 2021

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

This is the other reason the game is great, you can spam stickers in random online matches and make people rage quit with the "Good Game!"

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Kirios posted:

It's people with awful connections blaming Nintendo for them not understanding basic networking.

To be clear it is still Nintendo problem to an extent. They can make things like this work even over poor connection. And they do sometimes! Mario Party Superstars plays perfectly even if half the people have really bad connections.