Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I'm gonna get some gyroids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
I know someone was complaining about this last thread, so here you go:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1456072910062297089

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 22, 2021

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Lastdancer posted:

Is there a place to get the high res stickers? I am literally cutting these out of screenshots lol
https://twitter.com/ToyConGarageVR/status/1452084653137989635?t=_j8jVC82BfF_ykTtKP_Ekw&s=19

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Lastdancer posted:

Is there a place to get the high res stickers? I am literally cutting these out of screenshots lol

Also here's one for the mods:

if only i hadn't just changed my av...

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Zeeman posted:

This was way faster than I thought it would be, Nintendo coming through yet again

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

To be clear it is still Nintendo problem to an extent. They can make things like this work even over poor connection. And they do sometimes! Mario Party Superstars plays perfectly even if half the people have really bad connections.

this is absoltuely untrue superstars also stutters when it lags lol

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The Switch is a cool console and sometimes Nintendo is pretty lame

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
you: see. theh new mario party DOESNT do it!!!

reality: yelling a tour friend to turn off hte baseball and buy an ethernet adapter as every minigame becomes unplayable

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Roth posted:

The Switch is a cool console and sometimes Nintendo is pretty lame

actually around these parts theyre known as "wintendo"

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I played superstars online for the first time and had an absolutely atrocious time, but I know it's my own internet's fault. Idk how to improve that though.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Zeeman posted:

Color me pleasantly surprised by this. I didn't think they'd update a discontinued product with a feature that could potentially harm interest in their online expansion pass, but they did. You have my respect, Nintendo.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

SilverSupernova posted:

They just released it on mobile.

Thats Pikmin 5 by this logic

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The Postman posted:

which Mario are you

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

every game should play flawlessly over wifi it’s a failure of our current infrastructure that this can’t happen. Or every house should have Ethernet ports in the walls.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Once Toejam & Earl hits the Sega Online thing, I'll be able to delete the classics collection and never look back.

gently caress I love that game. Newest one is pretty great, too.

I assume staples such as Beyond Oasis and Shining Force 2 are coming.

Yeah I will definitely Play through Shining Force 1 and 2 and Phantasy star 4 again (and some more toejam and earl). But also, sega, please put Mutant League Hockey on the Switch, and General Chaos, and Haunting starring Polterguy.

Also put Ogre battle on the snes and Ogre battle 64 on the 64 on my loving switch, nintendo you goddamn cowards

Until then I am freebasing Dungeon Encounters and the Advance Castlevania collection and Dragons roar age of yoko taro cards

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Stux posted:

actually around these parts theyre known as "wintendo"

Port GBA and Gamecube games, then I'll call them daddytendo

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Harmony of Dissonance rules, its got a great sense of style

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

gently caress i just realized i missed the window to make a "Nintendo's Witch" post YET AGAIN.

Well wake me up in 362 days or whatever.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Muscle Tracer posted:

gently caress i just realized i missed the window to make a "Nintendo's Witch" post YET AGAIN.

Well wake me up in 362 days or whatever.
There can be November witches, don't let the man tell you what to do

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Roth posted:

Port GBA and Gamecube games, then I'll call them daddytendo

did you maen "pork"

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Zeeman posted:

what about the gamecube and wii controllers? :v:

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I don't think it'll happen on Switch, but the next Nintendo console will be far enough removed that they'll do a limited edition reproduction Wii Remote for some game re-release.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Dec 22, 2021

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Big fan of this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74DA-l6xxi0

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

MechaSeinfeld posted:

every game should play flawlessly over wifi it’s a failure of our current infrastructure that this can’t happen. Or every house should have Ethernet ports in the walls.

I'm a network architect by trade. You speak the impossible.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
No one ever talks about foreground music

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Detective No. 27 posted:

I don't think it'll happen on Switch, but the next Nintendo console will be far enough removed that they'll do a limited edition reproduction Wii Remote for some game re-release.
I don't think this is as unlikely on the Switch as you might think (Theorycrafting, of course); They've demonstrated with Super Mario Galaxy that Wiimotes can be substituted with JoyCons completely so long as they have a button to re-calibrate. And we know Wii games can work on the Switch, because again; SMG in 3DAS. It's just sitting in an emulator. Hypothetically we could well wind up with Wii games on NSO too at some point, and all the NSO Wiimote would need is an extra button to recenter the pointer while it's just the guts of a JoyCon under the hood.

The only Nintendo controller that's possibly unlikely to get a wireless NSO version is the Gamecube's, because Nintendo could just knock out more Smash Adapters and actual Gamecube controllers instead and call it a day.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The Animal Crossing update seems pretty nice and probably has a bunch of unmentioned stuff that is good to see.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It has too much new stuff my brain can't process it all.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I don't think this is as unlikely on the Switch as you might think (Theorycrafting, of course); They've demonstrated with Super Mario Galaxy that Wiimotes can be substituted with JoyCons completely so long as they have a button to re-calibrate. And we know Wii games can work on the Switch, because again; SMG in 3DAS. It's just sitting in an emulator. Hypothetically we could well wind up with Wii games on NSO too at some point, and all the NSO Wiimote would need is an extra button to recenter the pointer while it's just the guts of a JoyCon under the hood.

The only Nintendo controller that's possibly unlikely to get a wireless NSO version is the Gamecube's, because Nintendo could just knock out more Smash Adapters and actual Gamecube controllers instead and call it a day.

They should make a new version of the wavebird that can either use the old RF wavebird receivers or bluetooth

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ohtsam posted:

They should make a new version of the wavebird that can either use the old RF wavebird receivers or bluetooth

The real power move would be to include an RF/Bluetooth adapter to plug into the Smash adapter or an actual Gamecube :v:.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Binding of Isaac Repentance is out. The DLC is $20.

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

mistermojo posted:

Harmony of Dissonance rules, its got a great sense of style

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
in mario party we got stuck in the opening lane of the space map for like 8 of15 turns because people kept hitting the ! and refusing to pay the cop toll, then i rolled like trash with a pocket full of keys while everyone else zoomed out with extra dice block items

best one of these in a while tbh

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

The Bloop posted:

No one ever talks about foreground music

Foreground music is when you play as Big Band in Skullgirls and stitch together a rendition of Bugler's Holiday

e: or when you do this:
https://twitter.com/UltimaShadowX/status/1246523947820220418?t=6BGzf0tXH8tTetFe-jJtcQ&s=19

Red Minjo fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Nov 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Or when you're playing Take On Me on the Deku pipes in Majora's Mask.