Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Endorph posted:

hu tao/xiangling/noelle/geo mc maybe, geo resonance is pretty good and it gets hu tao a shield

gandlethorpe posted:

Maybe Diona/Kaeya can apply enough Cryo for her to melt? Fourth can be Geo Traveler or someone who won't mess up reactions. For whatever reason, melt-proper doesn't get a ton of love, but it's uniquely the only multiplicative reaction that can benefit from Cryo resonance. Honestly, I'm kind of tempted to try a janky Klee build that stacks C.DMG and gets most of its C.Rate from Blizzard Strayer. This idea may have come from my inordinate amount of Pyro BS goblets.

Radical posted:

they updated the KQM guide to hu tao recently (to coincide with her new banner i assume) and is probably a good place to look for team comp inspiration. XQ is in pretty much every team, but you can probably use that as a jumping off point to figuring out where to go with it. rosaria/diona+kaeya, fishl/beidou or triple pyro are all pretty workable compositions i would imagine.

something like triple pyro can definitely slot sucrose in instead of kazuha, and would probably be fine with the electro characters too (swirl electro in this case since they'll absolutely be doing more damage than hutao is.) thoma could also be run with double electro or double cryo if you don't want to run diona.

Thanks guys for all the advice.

It seems, conceptually at least, it may be the most straightforward to use Kaeya in place of XQ for now, and swap them when I finally get XQ.

So maybe I'll try Hu Tao + XL + Diona + Kaeya?

And what do I do with Jean, if anything? ... Noelle (DPS) + Jean + Fischl + ...???

edit: Or Jean (DPS) + Rosaria + Fischl + Bennett? Man that's a lot of new characters to build. Is a C0 Jean DPS better than a C0 Noelle DPS (my current main DPS)? I don't know how I can play without Noelle's shield though. That's the only way I get through bosses.

Boat Stuck fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Nov 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is Qiqi any good? I got her from a standard token.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Acerbatus posted:

Check back in a month or so...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Acerbatus posted:

There's certain teams she can work on but she's mostly inferior to Diona as a support Cryo unit. She can function okay as a cryo sub dps or main dps but she's outclassed by Kaeya in the first role and rosaria in the second, to say nothing of ayaka and ganyu.

They're adding an artifact set in the next patch that seems like it will be extremely good on her, however.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I have a C3 Hu Tao (I got her at 30 pulls in and then back to back 2 pull sets in a row, hell yes) but I really do not want to remove XQ from my other team. I wish they had something for comps without him.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
You can do monopyro with something like Hu Tao Xiangling (Thoma/Benett) + some anemo

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Nov 4, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
There are lots of comps that don't run Xingqiu, but if you want to run exactly hu tao and that specific raiden team I don't think you'll be seeing an easy swap any time soon.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Nov 4, 2021

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

Is there a shortcut to getting to this stupid island that I've been so graciously assigned a daily for? Currently waiting for my 2nd cooldown on stamina food 2 feet away from land because I'm in too deep and don't want to waste the 2 I've already eaten.

Like, I assume you're supposed to use a boat, but even the nearest boat waypoint is not a convenient distance.

I use the boat (if it's the one I'm thinking of where the nearest boat waypoint is sort of on the north-east corner of the starting island). It's probably the most annoying commission (at least in Inazuma), but that's certainly better than swimming (at least if you're actually running out of stamina doing so).

Alternatively, do you have either Mona or Ayaka for the "water-walking"? Would definitely be more efficient than swimming.

No Wave posted:

There are lots of comps that don't run Xingqiu, but if you want to run exactly hu tao and that specific raiden team I don't think you'll be seeing an easy swap any time soon.

Does something like Hu Tao/Rosaria work? Rosaria seems like a good cryo support from what I've seen (but I don't know all the theory-crafting stuff about how good her burst is at producing reactions).

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I also don't have the other big contenders to carry a second team, like zhongli or kazuha or ganyu, so my choices that don't strictly rely on the national members has really kept me from reaching 3* in 12-2 and 12-3. I love my second team of childe/fischl/beidou/healflex(currently jean) but they don't do enough damage sometimes although my artifacts admittedly suck right now.

Monopyro seems interesting because I can take Amber out of storage and maybe make use of Thoma but again my artifact situation is not so hot right now, pun intended.

The guide seems to indicate she does well with cryo characters, so that's piqued my interest a bit.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

How do people usually decide how long to keep Childe out? I'll usually keep him out until his burst charges, but I'll frequently still end up with "dead time" where his skill isn't up again yet (even if I had switched to another character with a temporary DPS time, like Yoimiya).

I kind of wish Childe just worked like Yoimiya or Hu Tao, where the cooldown is both predictable and short enough that it's almost always back up when I need it.

Asimo posted:

Kinda. Its definitely handy but once you loot a critter the others get startled and so their usual escape motions so it doesn't completely trivialize the gathering process. In practice this does mean you can fully clear out those groups of crystal flies though rather than having one or two immediately dart out of reach.

Honestly what her passive is really useful for is the random one off critters like lizards, crabs, etc since it means you can just walk up to them and grab at leisure.

The weird thing is that the issue with other critters being startled seems very inconsistent. It will just randomly happen sometimes from really far away and not happen others from much closer.

Anecdotally it feels like it happens less if I loot the crystalfly while facing away from the other crystalflies that I might startle.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Nov 4, 2021

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
The defacto time if you are not C6 is around 9 seconds. You start with your ranged ult, go into E and riptide things like a saltwater blender, melee ult and then dip out. With appropriate management and stats, that can land you right at your E cd on the next rotation in, depending on team comp. C6 will also reset your E on your next switch "back to ranged" (whether that's hanging out for the full duration or switching out and back in) if you melee ult. Does not reset on ranged ult :argh:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Ytlaya posted:

How do people usually decide how long to keep Childe out? I'll usually keep him out until his burst charges, but I'll frequently still end up with "dead time" where his skill isn't up again yet (even if I had switched to another character with a temporary DPS time, like Yoimiya).

I kind of wish Childe just worked like Yoimiya or Hu Tao, where the cooldown is both predictable and short enough that it's almost always back up when I need it.

check this guide for an efficiency breakdown: https://keqingmains.com/tartaglia/

I've just been timing it with bennett's burst, when that goes away the party's over anyway

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Ytlaya posted:

Use one of your other teammates' skills as a gauge. One of Childe's draws is the fact that you use the whole party as a rotation rather than a hyper carry :v: Most common ones include Bennet's ult circle going away, Oz's duration, Beidou/XQ's ult duration, or even Childe's own ult cooldown. All depends on what kind of team comp you're going for.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

I've been trying out a Childe/Raiden/Beidou/Heal team and it's a lot of fun and works out almost perfectly with Childe's skill cooldown. I also just recently got Bennett and don't have him leveled yet so this team has mostly been run with Qiqi as the healer.

Raiden Skill, Healer Burst and Skill, Beidou Burst and Skill (multiple if Sac Sword procs), Childe Ranged Burst, then Childe Skill. Stay in his melee stance until Beidou's Burst runs out, then Raiden Skill and Burst, then back to the start of the rotation.

My main issue so far is while Raiden's burst usually takes just enough time for Childe's skill to cooldown, she doesn't really have much in the way of reactions to pump her damage up during it. I'm thinking of maybe replacing Beidou with Xingqiu? Raiden's skill procs electro-charged during Childe's melee stance, then XQ's burst procs it during Raiden's burst? I dunno, still working it out.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

Maybe Diona/Kaeya can apply enough Cryo for her to melt? Fourth can be Geo Traveler or someone who won't mess up reactions. For whatever reason, melt-proper doesn't get a ton of love, but it's uniquely the only multiplicative reaction that can benefit from Cryo resonance. Honestly, I'm kind of tempted to try a janky Klee build that stacks C.DMG and gets most of its C.Rate from Blizzard Strayer. This idea may have come from my inordinate amount of Pyro BS goblets.

jump cancelled CA spam applies too much pyro for that. I guess you might be able to do it with like, 2NA CA or something but you'd still probably want triple cryo.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Note Block posted:

The defacto time if you are not C6 is around 9 seconds. You start with your ranged ult, go into E and riptide things like a saltwater blender, melee ult and then dip out. With appropriate management and stats, that can land you right at your E cd on the next rotation in, depending on team comp. C6 will also reset your E on your next switch "back to ranged" (whether that's hanging out for the full duration or switching out and back in) if you melee ult. Does not reset on ranged ult :argh:

padijun posted:

check this guide for an efficiency breakdown: https://keqingmains.com/tartaglia/

I've just been timing it with bennett's burst, when that goes away the party's over anyway

Ah, thanks, that guide is useful (and as both Note Block and the guide mention, one of the main support ults can be used to time his melee phase).

At first I was thinking "ah poo poo, I hosed myself by getting Bennett C6 since almost every Childe comp uses him" but then noticed that his C6 only applies to sword/claymore/polearm so it wouldn't ruin Childe's DPS.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hydro Xianling/ Fischl is going to be an absolute freak.

Anyway, I've only had Sayu for one day and I love her and will use her going forward till I have to start using Hu Tao. I love that I got my first Sacrificial Greatsword just before I got her.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ytlaya posted:

The theorycrafter dps-optimizer type peeps do it by counting attacks. You loop 2 normals and a charged attack or something like that (idk the actual rotation) and then after the Xth charge attack you swap out.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

web event having RNG recipes has meant my last two attempts at the perfect bass dish amounted to other things, and now i realize there's a third one of these i may struggle to get/continue to waste perfect cooking attempts on :(

yes i know the completion reward is nothing, i still want to see them all. also i found the hint system! nice that they do have that in there albeit at the cost of wasting a fish on an already-complete recipe.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

How good is Geo Traveler compared to Wind Traveler? I pulled Sayu earlier and they feel like a lot of fun, but I’ve invested so much into my Traveler at this point I don’t want to just stop using her, but I don’t want to run two Wind units either.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

In terms of numbers, geo traveler is a top tier unit. But almost all find her playstyle... challenging.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

No Wave posted:

In terms of numbers, geo traveler is a top tier unit. But almost all find her playstyle... challenging.

...w-why?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The rocks can be a little wacky. Try it out!

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
I have a sub-conscious Uneasiness Meter with having Childe out that has gotten more and more accurate the more I've played with him but when I count it out it feels like that thing starts hitting the red around 9 or 10 seconds...

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Vandar posted:

...w-why?

Geo MC's skill is really low cooldown and puts a big physical obstacle right in the middle of wherever you're facing.
You can get a lot of damage by pumping out those low-cd rocks but they also constantly get in the way, you'll accidentally climb them during combat, they can block certain ranged projectiles like Ningguang's burst, etc.

I don't know if they fixed this but there used to be a bug where you could put a rock right under an enemy, and they wouldn't know how to get off it to reach the player so they'd just stand there doing nothing for a few seconds before their AI decided "I fell out of bounds, time to respawn" and they'd instantly full heal and teleport back to their spawnpoint.

e: Double anemo might not be very useful/strong in domains or the abyss but the stamina + speed bonus is actually great for overworld exploration, especially with Sayu's roll which lets you get around super fast and goes even faster with movespeed bonuses.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
This has helped me for the web event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abLx2SgiS08

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Anemo traveler is pretty bad now. Anything that can't get suctioned the burst passes straight through doing almost no damage. Like every enemy in inazuma, who can't be suctioned by it.

Geo traveler is very strong and very bad.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Geo Traveler's burst also gives +10% to C.Rate and can be kept up indefinitely. Those are premium stats that aren't easy to get outside of gear.

As said before, the E hits like a truck when built. Unfortunately, the BiS sword for them isn't obtainable right now.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you pair anemo traveler with zhongli you can get the tornado stuck on his pillar for crazy damage.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Thanks for the explanations. Geo Traveler seems both fun and frustrating, but it looks like I won’t be able to ascend Sayu for a while anyway, so it’s a wash. Oh well!

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I spent my entire stash of primos (about 18k) but got c1 hu tao, c2 diona, c2 sayu, c2 fischl, staff of homa and c1 thoma. Not bad. :toot:

Now to decide if I want to go for Raiden, Ayaka or Cocogoat.

The game can probably tell I'm a potential whale and decided to give me good rolls.

Sanctum posted:

Anemo traveler is pretty bad now. Anything that can't get suctioned the burst passes straight through doing almost no damage. Like every enemy in inazuma, who can't be suctioned by it.

Geo traveler is very strong and very bad.

It's strange to me she can't break her rock by recasting it or something.

Kale posted:

It's funny how you can literally track the progress of Mihoyo from this small upstart company with minimal funding to where they are now by watching the progression of Gun Girl Z to Honkai Impact, to Late Honkai Impact and now Genshin levels of productions in trailers and stuff. For me it's just particularly noticeable looking at the latest animated cutscene video from Honkai Impact 3rd and then looking at the super grimdark ending to Gun Girl Z that you can find on youtube still. One looks like a professionally done modern CGI animated thing while the other looks maybe a cut above Newgrounds flash animation.

Anyway I don't think Gun Girl Z aka Honkai 2 has much bearing on anything anymore as it's been long since rebooted into Honkai 3rd, but https://mangaowl.net/single/55935/houkai-gakuen-2-side-stories that's about all I could find. I'm kind of somewhat surprised seemingly all the Honkai 3rd manga is apparently translated as well though there's still some visual novel stuff that is Chinese only. It still works surprisingly well with google translate's plugin provided you don't mind flipping back and forth between Chinese and English since it only loads text properly in Chinese original mode and then you can translate the lines to English after. I've been slowly reading this one about Fu Hua's disciples backstory set in 15th century China that seems to release new chapters periodically as required for stuff happening in Fu Hua's story arc's in the main game as far as I can tell.

I still haven't gotten terribly far into Honkai Impact, but Kiana's first intro scene remains one of the most hilarious over the top kind of cheesecake things and in some ways I can only hope sets the tone for how the cutscenes play out in the game. I still swear it's just a Bayonetta cutscene. My only question regarding that game if anyone here might know the answer is if it's still possible to get the Raiden Mei Herscherr of Thunder version because it kind of speaks to me like no other Mihoyo character design does to date and I've also heard it's one of the flat out best kits in the game.

Honkai being both cheesecakey and completely shutting out the self insert is funny to me, somehow.

I'm mostly interested in H2 for things have changed. I THINK H2's japanese server is still up? So I could play on that, but a lot of stuff seems to be in side content and so on.

H3I seems to have most of it in game, barring limited time events.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Nov 4, 2021

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you can via exceeding the construct limit, but that takes time

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

dogsicle posted:

web event having RNG recipes has meant my last two attempts at the perfect bass dish amounted to other things, and now i realize there's a third one of these i may struggle to get/continue to waste perfect cooking attempts on :(

yes i know the completion reward is nothing, i still want to see them all. also i found the hint system! nice that they do have that in there albeit at the cost of wasting a fish on an already-complete recipe.

The event is really cute. I like that the design of the fish changes as it cooks.

And it was Xiangling's birthday yesterday and I'm so frustrated because she gave us pufferfish but I'm 2 bitter pufferfish away from full refining The Catch!

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
Does anyone happen to know how a well built Albedo versus a well built Ningguang (burst focused) fare? I recently learned of the 3 geo construct limit and will need to decide a third slot in an Itto/Gorou team. Plus the fourth being elemental for shield breaking is necessary.

The reason I ask is because I already have Ningguang with a Widsith. I really like Albedo's design, but if a Ningguang just using her screen and then bursting before swapping back to Itto is pretty effective then maybe skipping Albedo would be smarter. I do know that he's getting a new weapon, and his C2 fixes his scaling on his burst, but I'd only go for C0.

I also know this is a "roll for who you want" question but I am curious how they compare.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They play nothing alike, Albedo's entire point is that he shows up once in a while and otherwise contributes literally nothing else.

Ning is closer to a Childe/Hu Tao/Raiden who can be built to carry in a short burst window (but also for general carry status).

Also, we will get a preview of the new character, if there's one, for 2.4 before Hu Tao's banner ends to further increase decisions.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Albedo is set it and forget it damage like Fischl and Xingqiu. Ningguang on the other hand can get strong enough to one-shot bosses.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Ning is frustrating because geo always feels weak vs mage shields to me even if they can chip away at all of them, whereas Albedo does much better against mage shields because he does nothing at all like nothing like not one ounce of thing nothing I was lying it sucks it friggin sucks all the on hit stuff really being on dmg is annoying and just makes xq’s throne as best character in the game more secure.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Ning's burst is actually kind of "good" against abyss mage shields because it's split up into 12 separate starjades which means it can just power through the reaction icd and chip off a bunch of shield at once with all the separate hits. It still only takes ~50% or so off the shield's HP but that's way better than most off-element shield-busting.

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>
choosing a solid abyss team to build up that doesn't need xq - or a crazy amount of limited 5 stars - is annoying. stuck between raiden national and a good hu tao team, in terms of what i have invested.

currently thinking a good hu tao team (xq/thoma/sucrose) on the first side, then using sara for raiden/xl/bennett. but my sara is only c5 so it kind of kills the biggest reason to use her with raiden. also have a semi-built yoimiya and beidou, maybe with fischl and bennett? feels bad to ditch raiden and c6 xl but maybe that works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
You can use Raiden instead of Fischl as your Electro battery. So like Yoimiya Beidou Raiden Bennett.
It's true that her burst doesn't work with Beidou's, but that just means you need to kill the ~5 remaining seconds of chainlightning duration between when Yoi's skill ends and when you pop Musou. You can probably get that by just switching between beidou and bennett to use skills and attack once or twice each.