Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don’t think Peter has ever been divorced.

He was seperate for a short time in the late 90s but no one liked that run

Maybe the one from the Into the Spiderverse movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Batterypowered7 posted:

Maybe the one from the Into the Spiderverse movie?

Ah I treat the movies as there own thing so I didn’t even think of it

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I think I had a stroke

AITA for wanting a grocery store employee fired because I feel uncomfortable?

Did you know it’s legal in most states to pay an intellectually or physically disabled person subminimum wage (i.e. a disabled person makes the percentage of minimum/prevailing wage commensurate with their performance relative to a non disabled worker)? And that the employer can also collect state and federal tax credits for employing them? And that adult care centers are financially incentivized by performance metrics to get employment for their charges? And that the federal agency in charge of maintaining compliance with this hundred year old law (FLSA 14c) is understaffed to the point of rubber stamping every application? This man is likely unfireable.

New Coke
Nov 28, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
Would love to know the ages here. He comes across like some naive 20 year old, but the woman has a teenaged daughter?

My (English) girlfriend (Chinese) has said that I need to give her father £25,000 so that i can marry her/live with her. Is this standard.

quote:

My girlfriend of only 6 months, but i think we'll be long term, and have talked about living together, buying a house, possibility of (more) kids (she has a teenage daughter from another marriage), and also of marriage and moving to China in a few years.
She got talking last night about how we would arrange our finances with respect to a house and bills etc. Just to clarify - she earns probably more than me, around 50k per year, compared to my 35-50k (self employed, so variable). Then she says that her father would expect £25k from me to marry or live with her as a family unit. And that he is owed some money because he had to pay out £25k for each of his 2 other sons in recent years. He isnt short of money, being a successful businessman, and lives in a 7 storey house with about 10 bedrooms. I kinda made a joke about paying it in instalments and then we changed the subject.

This seems very unfair and unreasonable - it's traditional to do this if the wife to be is to be a housewife and look after the kids, while the man earns the money in a career etc. However, this isnt the case here.

What do you guys think? Anyone have any experience of this?

TLDR:- Chinese GF wants me to pay her father £25k to be able to marry her. I think this is outrageous, and i think completely unecessary.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

spouse posted:

Husband(m29) said he only dated me because I(f28) was a dancer in high school, but "didn't live up to expectations" that he had. He also advocated to put our daughter in dance, and I don't feel comfortable anymore

(Update) Husband(m29) said he only dated me because I(f28) was a dancer in high school, but "didn't live up to expectations" that he had. He also advocated to put our daughter in dance, and I don't feel comfortable anymore

This woman should follow the example of others: pick her daughter up under her arm and leave via the closest wall opening she can fit through.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

AITA for not telling my mom off for calling my wife promiscuous and instead diffusing the situation in a more peaceful way?

quote:

My mom thinks my wife is a “promiscuous woman”. Reason is because my wife has a great body with a big rear end and likes to show it off. Posts twerk videos on IG and dresses revealing in appropriate situations and always wears something form fitting. My mom until recently never said anything explicitly about my wife, just some low under the radar remarks. Recently though my wife wore a bit of a revealing outfit for Halloween and my mom commented on it when I went to go see her. She straight up told me”Idk OP, are you sure about your wife? I saw her Halloween costume she posted. I’ll be honest I think she is a very promiscuous woman.” In response to this I told my mom”I don’t care, I love promiscuous woman.” to get her off me. Seemed to work because it made my mom uncomfortable and got her off my case.

Later on I told my wife this story and her response was not what I expected. She was angry at me for essentially agreeing with my mom that she is promiscuous. She said that I was too nice to mom and should have told her off for speaking about her, my wife, like that. I told her that what I did was the best option because I thought it diffused the situation without insulting anyone or having to tell anyone off. My wife didn’t like this explanation and said my mom needed to be told off. I can’t just tell off the woman who raised me! Wife is disappointed with me now and thinks I’m a major mommas boy, which she said is a major turn off. Hurt to hear and I think my wife is being dramatic. And a bit hypocritical because I doubt she would be able to tell off her own mother as well. Who is the rear end in a top hat?
:murder:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

New Coke posted:

Would love to know the ages here. He comes across like some naive 20 year old, but the woman has a teenaged daughter?

My (English) girlfriend (Chinese) has said that I need to give her father £25,000 so that i can marry her/live with her. Is this standard.

I really want to type something helpful and insightful but I can't other than Lmao get gouged

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for not buying pads for my sister's best friend during her first period?

quote:

I (18M) was supposed to pick up my sister and her best friend (both 12F) from school and take them to ballet class. I arrived very late and they were waiting for me alone on the sideway. I saw that something was up. While they were waiting, after the school has already been closed, my sister's friend started to have her first period. I don't know almost anything about periods but the point is that there was a red stain on her skirt. My sister did not have her first period yet.

The friend was crying and my sister asked me if we could go to a pharmacy to get pads for her. I didn't want to do that. As an adult man, I didn't think it was appropriate for me to get involved on such an intimate thing for a girl I am not even related to. I asked her if she could call her mom but she said that her mom was working and couldn't respond.

I decided that the best course of action was to take them to their ballet class, where there would be a lot of women that could help. I told her to sit over her backpack so she wouldn't ruin my car. I left them at the class and that was it.

When I told my girlfriend (18F) about this, she was really angry. She said that what I did was totally wrong and that I am an idiot. I get that she knows more about periods than me, being a woman, but I still think that my reaction was logical.

Am I the rear end in a top hat?

OP you piece of poo poo

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
What kind of racist enjoys Taco Tuesday?

AITA for engaging in "racist microaggressions" at work over food?

I (28F) have been working at my company for three years with great reviews and no other issues until very recently. My office has about 15 people but only 7 of us are currently working in the office (the rest are working remotely). Two weeks ago, a new person (25F - will call her NP) started, also working in the office as the receptionist.

We are lucky to work in a neighborhood that has a lot of great restaurants. I am a big fan of different cuisines and love getting takeout from a number of the places or even going out to eat when kkI can take enough of a break. (The company encourages people to take a full hour or even a bit more is okay, I am not slacking or leaving anyone else to do my work for me when doing this.)

Because NP is the receptionist, it is normal to chat with her a bit (she initiates the conversations) when coming and going from the office. Last week, I was on my way to lunch when she asked where I was going. I said I was "craving the tandoori salmon from [restaurant]" and going to get some and would she like anything while I was out? She said no and looked upset for a minute, but I didn't think too much of it and went on my way. When I came back to the office after lunch, she asked me to stay at the front desk because she wanted to talk to me and she just came out and said that she was "horribly offended" by the way I talked about my lunch. That I was engaging in cultural appropriation and a racist microaggression by "craving" Indian food because "craving" implied I was fetishizing it. I was really shocked but apologized and said I would be more sensitive with my language.

I have mostly steered clear of her since then. I even brought my lunch the next couple days and then on Monday we had a team lunch. But yesterday I decided to take advantage of the Taco Tuesday special at my favorite local Mexican place. I wasn't planning to discuss this with NP but she overheard me when I was talking to other coworkers about lunch plans during a coffee break. She marched over to me and started yelling at me about being racist and that another person's food and culture are not a marketing gimmick. Then she went and make a complaint to HR about how I am creating a hostile work environment and now I am under investigation (suspended without pay, which is the standard for people accused of such things).

I should add that both NP and I are white. The Indian restaurant is owned/operated by Indian immigrants and the Mexican place is owned by a Mexican family. My other coworkers are a variety of races but not Indian or Latinx.

So, AITA for enjoying foods from other cultures and from talking about it the way I did? I thought enjoying other cuisines is cultural appreciation, not appropriation, but I'm open to feedback.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
If God drat Hank Hill is able to take a girl to a doctor, and then to a grocery store to pick up pads, what the hell is your excuse?

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Mx. posted:

OP you piece of poo poo

:bloodborne:
Just go get some pads you fuckin' wimp.

Most of them, in my experience. They don't make the connection.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

"And then all of the receptionist's friends climbed off the down with cis bus and beat the poo poo out of me while everyone in my office applauded!"

AITA for telling my parents to kick my sister out?

quote:

When my sister was 16, she ran away from home. Now, I don't know why, (my parents will NEVER tell me). Plus, I was too young to remember any of it. I hardly have any memories of my sister prior to when she ran away. A few months ago, she moved back home after a good 14 years of being away from home. And at first, my parents and I were in a celebratory mood, although I was like "ehhhh a stranger came"

My sister is the shadiest bitch I've ever seen. I don't know where she was before she came back, who she was staying with at 16, how she managed to stay alive, and she says she got a degree in early childhood psychology, and was vague about having a masters. She doesn't say what company she was working at, only that she was recently laid off due to COVID.

Here is some elaboration on the story

I was so used to living by myself.

She was like those aunts who you havent seen for years that would say, "YOUVE GROWN SO MUCHHHH!!!!!1!1!!1!1 REMEMBER WHEN YOU WERE SMALL I USED TO WIPE YOUR BUTTOCKS!1!1!!1!1"

She isn't genuine (very shady)

Hugs me, touches me, even when I expressed discontentment

Doesn't respect my opinions, from how I arrange my room to controversial political topics

(Important) She hates my parents for "kicking her out" and says that "they could have called me anytime and brought me back, but they didn't." I know my parents better than anyone (definitely better than her) and they are NOT the kind of people to kick their own daughter out. You don't know how many DAYS they stayed up, praying that god will find a good path for you, you stupid fat git.

(Important) My parents promised to support her financially if she is studying, so instead of finding a new job, she just does online degrees and courses. She isn't genuine about learning, though. She slacks a lot, but my parents still give her pocket money.

My parents are financially well off, but I hate how they take her side on everything nowadays. From stuff like who runs errands, who fixes poo poo in the house, its all me, and stuff like who gets a better present (she gets actual birthday gifts) and who gets more money on New Year's, it is all her.

And how does she repay them?? By spending their money by pretending to still be in school (i know she actually is, but you know what i mean), and hating them behind their backs.

Saturnight, I argued with my parents due to their bias, and shouted at them to kick my sister out (she was party for Halloween). They basically insulted me by saying that I am insensitive, and that I don't even try to be a good sibling. I told them that she was tearing us apart and that we used to be happy, and I said that they were fools to not see her manipulation.

However, now that I look back, I feel awful because the only reason why they tolerate her was because they felt bad all those years ago, and is just making up for lost time.

AITA in this story?

extra: I couldnt type out everything she does to piss me off because char limit

edit: let me just elaborate. the 7 points weren't the REASONS why i think she should be kicked out, but only a backstory of her character.

I genuinely had no problem with her or anything when she first came, but it became increasingly clear to me that she was ungrateful and she bullshitted a lot of things (to make my parents feel bad). She is also not intent on making up with my parents, she told me.

I don't know exactly what happened back then, but she has bragged to me in the past about doing drugs and underage alcohol consumption, and has coerced me into doing all these shady poo poo that I don't want to do, so I think I am justified in saying that she is super shady and I don't like her.

I argued with my parents because I thought they were being unfairly biased, and I was trying to tell them to wake up, they might have thought her personality was same as when she was 16.

She has also said some sus poo poo like, "drat, If I could kill everyone I would" which honestly scared me.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Never enjoy anything.

Also Albert Einstein loved taco Tuesday.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
Death to HOAs!

AITA for losing my poo poo after the HOA prevented my disabled veteran neighbor from making NECESSARY adjustments to his house?

quote:

My nextdoor neighbor is a war veteran. He was medically discharged from the military. He has some sort of head trauma and has a missing leg. He is wheelchaired and going through physical therapy to learn to walk again. Obviously, he needs assitance and he needs to make modifications to the house, the main one being a ramp as the house is 5 steps up. He moved in with his sister, who owns the house. I am a housing contractor and my next door neighbor asked me to build it for like 10k or something, I told her just to pay for the materials and I'd do it for free.

I got a permit to building, took a ridiculous amount of time to get it. I also tell the HOA about the ramp. THey didn't get back to me, despite me calling, emailing, sending letters and getting to them in person. Its about 3 weeks, no response. gently caress it I'm building the ramp, I don't give a gently caress about their specifications. During this entire time whenever he had to enter or leave the house, 2 people would have to carry his wheel chair up or down. Its a pain in the rear end, loving ridiculous.

I start building the ramp and I'm about halfway done, I go home to finish it the next day. The next day the HOA sends a nasty letter to the house informing them that the ramp doesn't meet the HOA specifications. Something about the aesthetics and the right color wood. We ignore the letter. A neighbor complains and threatens to bring a lawsuit over it about. Are you loving KIDDING ME?

There is an HOA meeting to discuss other stuff, but I've just about lost my patience over all of this. I finished building the ramp and the HOA is demanding we deconstruct it. I go to the meeting and I explain how the HOA never got back to me and that its their fault they don't like the aesthetics. They said that rules are rules and we must follow them. I lost my poo poo at the point and yelled "SHUT YOUR GOD DAMNED MOUTH, THAT MAN SACRIFICED HIS LEGS OVERSEAS FOR US, YOU ALL ARE DISGUSTING PIECES OF poo poo FOR MAKING HIS LIVES HARDER YOU SHOULD ALL BE loving ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES!"

HOA president tells me to call down and I told her to shut her ugly mouth and that I will not be making any of their bullshit adjustments and I will go to court over this. They're violating the Americans with disabilities act, we'll have a field day with them in court. They shut up after that but my god I can't believe there's people like this

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

pentyne posted:

edit: lol I just remember the famous Lowtax hospital picture was basically a gaslight where he had his mom come in and set everything up so he could take that picture.

Goddamn.

That's just the icing on the loving cake of that whole saga, isn't it.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

HOA people actually fully believe something like a wheelchair ramp will "lower property values". They are fully insane, it's a property value cargo cult. If they read in a real-estate magazine that child bones have been linked to a possible 0.1% increase in property values they would fully start murdering children, for the greater good.

emptyspace
Oct 21, 2008

Mx. posted:

OP you piece of poo poo

GF was right. You are an idiot. Drive her to the nearest dollar store and hand the kid 7 dollars. This poo poo ain't rocket science.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for telling my parents to kick my sister out?

Scammer older sister or "only" child not adjusting well to sharing the spotlight? Comments say OP is 17 now, so she would've been 3 when her sister left.
Reddit is pretty unanimous in that OP is a spoiled brat.

Evil Willow posted:

Death to HOAs!

AITA for losing my poo poo after the HOA prevented my disabled veteran neighbor from making NECESSARY adjustments to his house?

gently caress HOAs but:

"Sir, the bylaws clearly say you must stain any ADA-compliant ramps in natural wood colors and-"

:qq: :911: ALL GAVE SOME AND SOME GAVE ALL, B*TCH! :911: :qq:

"If you'd just consider restaining the railing we'd be happy to make a variance for the ra-"

:tizzy: THESE COLORS DON'T RUN, I KNOW MY RIGHTS :tizzy:

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
Yeah if the self reported version of that dudes story is that he was lost control and was screaming abuse then the actual version must be pretty bad.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mx. posted:

He likes to be in cars. He'll run up and jump into the car if he sees you just sitting there (he tried to jump into my housemate's driving instructor's car). He however, hates cars. Drive him around and he will just wail pitifully the whole time.

Sometimes we play a game called "where's the cheese" where I take a piece of shredded cheese and drop it on him and see how long it takes him to realise. Usually I have to help him find it later.

Mine was in general rather clever, but he didn't know how cupboard doors worked. He knew doorknobs on other doors, he'd leap up and grab on trying to get in, but he never pawed at the ones in the kitchen. When I opened one he'd run in to sniff at the pans, and if I missed that and closed it with him in there he'd just wait for the wall to disappear again. Never complained, even if it was hours before I realized it, he'd just be sitting there expectantly waiting when I got to him.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
How do I get my boyfriend’s (25M) conservative Mormon family to like me (25F) without converting?

quote:

Not too long ago my boyfriend and I made things official (25F and 25M). We’ve been dating for about 3 months now. He also told me that he loves me and can imagine a future with me. We’re both looking for something that could be forever and lead to marriage and have talked about that.

That being said, I’m also trying to take things more slowly and get to know him since I got both married and divorced very young (married at 22 divorced by 24). I ended up in a terribly abusive marriage and was rushed into it because of his visa status after graduation. So after this horrible relationship and lots of therapy to help heal from it I want to avoid any more bad situations or heart break if possible.

Everything with my new boyfriend really clicks. It was an instant connection and our life goals and interests really line up and I haven’t seen any major red flags. However, I’ve become worried about the fact that he comes from a Mormon background. He’s said that he’s no longer Mormon because he doesn’t agree with everything the church teaches and believes it can be too extreme but he appreciates his upbringing.

I’m personally agnostic but was raised Lutheran. I don’t have a preference to my partners religious beliefs as long as they’re not too extreme and they don’t try to convert me (my ex husband’s family very much tried to make me Catholic.) He’s said he loves me the way I am and wouldn’t want me to convert but his parents are a different story. He hasn’t been able to figure out how to tell them about me yet and that I’m not Mormon.

I really care about him and can see a future with him but I’m worried his parents will absolutely hate me and this will eventually get in the way of our relationship. Generally parents love me and I’m very easy to get along with, but I’m a colorful haired, tattooed, agnostic girl who’s divorced (so clearly not a virgin). I’m so worried that even though he’s no longer with the church that me not being Mormon could get in the way of our relationship. I would also never want to come between him and his family since he’s still really close with them. Is there any way to win over a conservative Mormon family without converting? I’m still trying to hold out hope that they’ll see how much I care for him and that could be enough.

tl;dr How do I get my boyfriend’s (25M) conservative Mormon family to like me (25F) without converting?

Girl, you don't. Either you convert, your boyfriend severs from his family, or you sever from him. Make your choice.

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

My gf doesn't want to have sex because I can't make her cum

OP 3 hours later in the comments

Learn how to do oral sex! It's so simple! Jesus Christ!

Like, it used to be hard but nowadays there are probably a million tutorials out on the internet on how to perform cunnilingus or fellatio. Watch or read a few of them and you're good to go. The kids have it so easy these days.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Blastedhellscape posted:

Like, it used to be hard but nowadays there are probably a million tutorials out on the internet on how to perform cunnilingus or fellatio. Watch or read a few of them and you're good to go. The kids have it so easy these days.

I'm sure Dr. Ruth's got a ton of videos.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Blastedhellscape posted:

There's so much amateur porn out there with actual good examples of good sex that there is no excuse for being bad at sex if you watch porn. No excuse. (obviously there's also loads of porn out there with no good examples at all, but still)

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Evil Willow posted:

Death to HOAs!

Could there be anything more truly American than a rage-issues murica dude and a litigious HOA cop screaming at each other forever?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Kenshin posted:

There's so much amateur porn out there with actual good examples of good sex that there is no excuse for being bad at sex if you watch porn. No excuse. (obviously there's also loads of porn out there with no good examples at all, but still)

Excitedly I run to the closet and fetch the bicycle pump

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kenshin posted:

Why do you expect a newbie to know the difference?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I'm still a virgin, nobody around me has gotten stuck in a dryer

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

spouse posted:

Scammer older sister or "only" child not adjusting well to sharing the spotlight? Comments say OP is 17 now, so she would've been 3 when her sister left.

gently caress HOAs but:

"Sir, the bylaws clearly say you must stain any ADA-compliant ramps in natural wood colors and-"

"If you'd just consider restaining the railing we'd be happy to make a variance for the ra-"

To be fair it sounds like he requested permission/specs from the HOA and they gave him the runaround for a month and only when he went ahead without their blessed guidance did they have an opinion on the matter. Sounds like a Power Tripping HOA and dude's just generally pissed.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Why do you expect a newbie to know the difference?
Because:

Brawnfire posted:

I'm still a virgin, nobody around me has gotten stuck in a dryer

I mean, I'd hope it would be at least somewhat clear what plausible scenarios look like, but I forget that many people are also terminally stupid.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

spouse posted:

gently caress HOAs but:

Why do I get the odd feeling the ramp was some variation of loud red/white/blue, or straight up TRUMP 2024 or something

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

OP crossposted that story of him being a cool guy to a lot of subreddits so i think he might not be a cool guy

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Why do I get the odd feeling the ramp was some variation of loud red/white/blue, or straight up TRUMP 2024 or something

Or it could just be “the hoa requires all work on homes in the community comes from bonded, licensed repairmen and this guy just threw together a ramp with 2x4 handrails”. Without having more details, impossible to know

New Coke
Nov 28, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Baronjutter posted:

HOA people actually fully believe something like a wheelchair ramp will "lower property values". They are fully insane, it's a property value cargo cult. If they read in a real-estate magazine that child bones have been linked to a possible 0.1% increase in property values they would fully start murdering children, for the greater good.

Man, you're making me want to rewatch Hot Fuzz.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
The real end of the HOA story is that the sister of the war veteran (i assume it is she who owns the house) will get foreclosed on by the HOA unless they bring it into compliance because her idiot contractor neighbor didn’t read the architectural guidelines of the HOA he apparently also lives in.

Yelling at the meeting does nothing unless you bring your neighbors around to changing the rules (and angry yelling won’t do that).

It sucks but they literally both signed up for those rules by moving there, so tough poo poo. ADA compliance is great and necessary, but not sufficient, for HOA architectural compliance, read the rules before you start building.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

New Coke posted:

Man, you're making me want to rewatch Hot Fuzz.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
I get it, it’s a pain and neighbors are stupid idiots.

Recently, when installing solar panels on his roof, a friend of mine had to answer a question about whether the solar panels he was installing would be yellow because they were highlighted in yellow in a line drawing, with a key saying “highlighted in yellow to note changes in drawing” or something similar. He had to tell them that no they’ll be gray and they should look at the photos of the panels, not the line drawing.

These people are all idiots but you live next to them and you all signed up to live in this same hell together so your complaints are useless.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

These people are all idiots but you live next to them and you all signed up to live in this same hell together so your complaints are useless.

the complaints are indeed useless but that does not make them unjustified. large swathes of otherwise desirable residential development are encumbered by HOAs and depending on area some people don't have a lot of options :shrug:

contractor sounds like an rear end in a top hat and probably deserves the hell he's in but rules for "architectural standards" are still indefensible cargo cult bullshit

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Ignoring Ada ramping requirements seems like a pretty big deal whether or not rager "contractor" is joe bumpkin or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

You know what would be really interesting, it's more speculating about what secret information was left out of the OP's idiot screeching that would totally validate your blandest take on ramp aesthetics, or whether money is real, or whatever

I (19f) looked up this guy I hooked up with last night (19/20M) and found out he got charged with felony arson last year

quote:

Last night, I (19f) met Liam (19/20M) at a party. We hit it off and wound up going back to his place and hooking up. Afterwards, we stayed up talking for three hours and realized that we had a lot in common. This morning, we cuddled/kissed/made out and talked about a lot of stuff for another three-ish hours.

On my way out, Liam asked for my number and expressed an interest in seeing me again.

When I got back home, I was curious so I decided to google his name. I found a couple of news articles that how he was charged with arson last year in our college town for setting a small object on fire (I don't want to go too much into detail or else I'll dox myself).

It's definitely him based on information he told me and because his name isn't common at all.

I'm not sure what to do. He seems like such a chill guy.

He hasn't texted me yet, so if he does, I'm not sure whether or not I should give this guy a chance. If he texts me, should I mention what I found and a give him a chance to explain himself? Not say anything about it and give him a chance ? Not respond to his text?

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Nov 4, 2021