Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

IkeTurner posted:

I've done all the steps in order to grow blue roses. I've played the game every single day since launch. I have not been able to grow a single blue rose. WTF
without time travel, it took about a third of my island and ~4 months straight before I got one

a key ingredient in the breeding process is the sacrifice of your sanity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Knuc U Kinte posted:

What do you do to make money? I don’t wanna sell turnips all the time and I have enough money for now, but I’d like to make money more organically.

Just the usual stuff, really. I dig up and sell fossils (14k-20k per day, depending), I have a 35-plot pumpkin patch (36k every couple of days), have dozens of fruit trees (95k or so, every few days), plant the 10k money-tree each day (20k a day profit), keep an eye on high-value hot-items that are worth a crafting binge (hundreds of thousands, depending on how much I might want to craft), etc.

Doing stuff like that on the regular sees a pretty good income. If I bother to catch fish, bugs, and sea critters, thats all a bonus too (normally just do that for funsies, or nook miles). It all adds up.

Edit: Also, once I ran out of stuff to do with nook miles, I'd maintain a mininum balance of 200k nook miles, and every time that balance reached, say, 210k, I'd print off nook bell tokens to bring the balance back down, and selling those tokens would net another 60k--ish every few days.

magimix fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Nov 3, 2021

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Turnips are so much easier. Join the Discord, goons with high selling prices always open up for folks.

Also the correct way to obtain blue roses is to get someone else to visit and plant one, then water it to clone it, because the breeding is a pile of RNG crap and it hates you.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

CK07 posted:

God help me but I'm back in the turnip game, just for this one week, I swear...

Please post if you have decent prices! Save me from having to trawl the pubbie waters!
your wish has been granted, as turnips are going for 561 bells at my place for the next 10 hours

i'm gonna open up shortly and post the code in the PGS thread, and try to keep it open for the whole day

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Look, island customization is neat, but losing the roost, gyroids, minigames, fortunetelling, the club, villagers personalities, house customization, 80% of the furniture, most of the big NPC's, Redd, Orders for the town, seasonal events, the campground, scuba diving, tools not breaking, in town events that connected to other towns, and more was not worth it.

They've been slowly adding things back and that's good! But it's still been vastly inferior in almost every way. This big update looks like they're putting most of what I mentioned back in and actually finishing the game and I'm happy about it. Will still lack mini games and a handful of features, but the new stuff balances a bit more.

E: I don't hate new horizons, but I don't think I would of enjoyed it as much if the pandemic didn't lock me to it. Just nothin to ever do.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Nov 3, 2021

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Amppelix posted:

your wish has been granted, as turnips are going for 561 bells at my place for the next 10 hours

i'm gonna open up shortly and post the code in the PGS thread, and try to keep it open for the whole day

Thank you goon, I'm supposed to have a large spike myself later but I don't trust it. Paid off your staircase for you.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Just nothin to ever do.

Let me guess, you sped through most of the game as fast as possible, cleared the goals that are specifically designed to take years in a few months and are now blaming the game for you burning yourself out?

It's fine to not enjoy the game but it's a bit disingenuous to claim there's nothing to do because you personally have finished the things you personally want to do.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Black Robe posted:

Thank you goon, I'm supposed to have a large spike myself later but I don't trust it. Paid off your staircase for you.
ah, thanks! i was considering adding a "contribute to my incline fund if you feel like it" bit but i see that i don't need to lol

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Black Robe posted:

It's fine to not enjoy the game but it's a bit disingenuous to claim there's nothing to do because you personally have finished the things you personally want to do.

Nope, I TT spammed once a good 6 months in just to move houses around so I could get to remaking my island, and recently a few times for the same reason (I moved everything back off the beach in real time though)

Sorry but NH just doesn't have a lot of interesting content to it- especially at launch.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Look, island customization is neat, but losing the roost, gyroids, minigames, fortunetelling, the club, villagers personalities, house customization, 80% of the furniture, most of the big NPC's, Redd, Orders for the town, seasonal events, the campground, scuba diving, tools not breaking, in town events that connected to other towns, and more was not worth it.

They've been slowly adding things back and that's good! But it's still been vastly inferior in almost every way. This big update looks like they're putting most of what I mentioned back in and actually finishing the game and I'm happy about it. Will still lack mini games and a handful of features, but the new stuff balances a bit more.

E: I don't hate new horizons, but I don't think I would of enjoyed it as much if the pandemic didn't lock me to it. Just nothin to ever do.

nah its been better since launch

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

IkeTurner posted:

I've done all the steps in order to grow blue roses. I've played the game every single day since launch. I have not been able to grow a single blue rose. WTF

I was fortunate that I never had to grow them myself. I was gifted a few by some kind goons and just helped them spread from there.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Amppelix posted:

ah, thanks! i was considering adding a "contribute to my incline fund if you feel like it" bit but i see that i don't need to lol

I just flew in, and am flying in one more time. Had two loads of 30 stacks of turnips to sell.

Thanks for opening!

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..

Amppelix posted:

Hero, I'm jumping out of bed and to the PGS thread! Thank you!

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

I do have to say it's bizarre there's no upgrades for Nook's. I guess the new shopping island will serve the same purpose but I'd rather have Nookington's again.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I guess that with a smaller inventory for sale each day, there's more days to spend checking nooks for things you want.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

The internet was a mistake :nms:
https://etsy.me/2OwJDhO

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

GT0Q7 - I'll be open for a bit with turnips at 440 closed!

Chronicler of Dongs fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Nov 4, 2021

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Stux posted:

nah its been better since launch

Agree to disagree then v:shobon:v

I'm still hopeful for the update regardless.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Turned my game on for the first time in 2 months. A scarred pig named Rasher is in my campground.... what's his deal?

Man I have a lot of poo poo I want to change on my island. Luckily I have 123,000 Nook Miles so I am ready for Cap'n!

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Turned my game on for the first time in 2 months. A scarred pig named Rasher is in my campground.... what's his deal?

Man I have a lot of poo poo I want to change on my island. Luckily I have 123,000 Nook Miles so I am ready for Cap'n!

I have Rasher! He’s cranky and adorable in the rain with the panda umbrella I gave him. He gave me an oil drum once. :kiddo:

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Uh guys? I'm downloading the update right now.

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012
Same, also downloading!

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

oh poo poo did they release it a day early by accident? hell yeah

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Maybe they're releasing 2.0 before the Happy Home stuff to break up the server load? :iiam:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah I downloaded this morning. I'm sure it'll activate on the 5th

The Postman
May 12, 2007

People are streaming it so I think it's actually live.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

The Postman posted:

People are streaming it so I think it's actually live.
it is!
https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1456073434828615686?t=KB7MoWO7lXvRYrGWSgITCQ&s=19

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012
Yeah, looks like it's all the 2.0 stuff that is currently live, not any DLC stuff yet (that I can tell).

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

GETTIN GYROIDS

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

oh poo poo

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
so what's the rundown of everything that's in this update

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

flatluigi posted:

so what's the rundown of everything that's in this update
-gyroids
-daily vendors get permanent shops on harv's island + returning characters like katrina
-the roost returns to the museum
-new hair options/reactions
-can buy more storage
-various new QoL items can be bought for miles, like ATM machines
-Kapp'n can take you on tours to islands outside your current season/time with new items
-various random poo poo like the ability to put ladders down as fixtures
-cooking/farming

e: oh yeah, also ordinances, but those are maybe less useful because flowers no longer wilt and die??

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

OH poo poo IT'S LIVE.... I"M ON A QUEST FOR BREWSTER!

cats
May 11, 2009

Blaziken386 posted:

e: oh yeah, also ordinances, but those are maybe less useful because flowers no longer wilt and die??

I would have loved to get almost the opposite of the Beautiful Town ordinance, one that stops your flowers from spreading after the rain (only spread after being watered from a can).

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
Oh yeah, I’m going to definitely run out of my nook miles quick…

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

You are asked to find Brewster by Blathers. Take a tour with Cap'nn and you'll find him on an island and he will agree to come and give you a gyroid part. Talk to Blathers afterwards and then the next day the museum is closed for construction. BREWSTER CAFE ARRIVAL ON FRIDAY

Storage expansion costs 🔔70,000. City ordinances cost 🔔20,000

OH poo poo VISITORS TO YOUR HOUSE IS HAPPENING AS WELL!

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Nov 4, 2021

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Nice, I have all day off tomorrow as well. Gonna start a fresh save since my old island was kind of a geographical mess and I haven't touched it in over a year.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It's live! I already expanded my home storage, contributed bells to Harv's co-op and got a bunch of new poo poo with Nook Miles :dance:

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I'm supposed to plant these gyroids, right...?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

LODGE NORTH posted:

I'm supposed to plant these gyroids, right...?

Yes, then water them. A day later you get a Gyroid.

Also; Harv’s Island shops cost 🔔100,000 each to construct

Edit: you can only have one construction at a time happening on Harv’s island. I’m getting Catrina first!!

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Nov 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Cliffside ladders take one ladder and 5 wood to make