Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm looking forward to see which NFL players get caught pulling an Evander Kane with fake COVID-19 carda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MJeff posted:

Well, Rodgers lied and it's completely blown up in his face and could wind up skullfucking himself and his team, so, that's why more players don't lie. But yes, I agree with you that I'm surprised more players don't just do it anyway.

it hasn't blown up in his face and other than missing Sunday's game there will be no other consequences.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Is it really good faith when he gave himself an out though? I'm saying he did it so if this came up he could "well actually"

That's absolutely what he attempted to do, but it doesn't count when you're asked directly if you're vaccinated and then nod and answer "yeah." It's just a lie.

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

It’s crazy to me that these guys have access to personal doctors, unlimited on-call medical care paid for and will happily take a mystery cortisol cocktail in the tent/locker room to keep them in the game for another 30 minutes, but getting vaccinated against a global pandemic that could potentially sideline them and their teammates for weeks is simply a bridge too far.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

R.D. Mangles posted:

it hasn't blown up in his face and other than missing Sunday's game there will be no other consequences.

I’m skeptical.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

R.D. Mangles posted:

It blew up in his face when he caught covid. Regardless of whether or not the NFL punishes him and the Packers, which remains to be seen, he caught a potentially deadly infectious disease that he thought he was simply too smart to catch and could have devastating physical consequences for him, now and in the long-term.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

MJeff posted:

It blew up in his face when he caught covid. Regardless of whether or not the NFL punishes him and the Packers, which remains to be seen, he caught a potentially deadly infectious disease that he thought he was simply too smart to catch and could have devastating physical consequences for him, now and in the long-term.

Possibly but given his general demographic he’ll probably be fine

It would be funny if it ended his career though

Edit: or his relationship

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

wyoak posted:

Edit: or his relationship

Somehow I feel like Shailene isn’t gonna care too much about this, she seems like the homeopath type

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

R.D. Mangles posted:

Couldn’t he miss week 10 too? It’s already Wednesday

Also I’m not sure “costing his team home-field and a bye” no other consequences

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

I just found out one of my favorite b list food bloggers makes half a million a year (tiffy cooks). can you imagine what the gently caress Shailene makes styling oils?

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
What is Aaron doing this minute ya think, Regeneron or Clay suppository? Also just saying if it were me I wouldn’t of broken up with Olivia Munn.

What the gently caress is a Shailene is that like Shaihulud?

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Honestly, probably nothing. If he's symptomatic there's a chance the team docs make him take monoclonals, but more realistically he's probably slamming horse paste doing jack poo poo.

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.

Paperback Writer posted:

https://twitter.com/mickakers/status/1456017125601013761?s=21
I believe Derek Carr actually will be going to visit Ruggs 10 years from now in a Vegas prison

Lotta folks poke fun at DC for his faith, and as an agnostic I don’t always care for it either. But he is definitely not giving lip service when he talks about it. That is a dude that has probably actually read a bible once or twice before talking about it, and follows through on it. I can respect that.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

I’m angry about Ruggs’ human victim.

I’m incensed about the dog.

He deserves no mercy.

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
yeah me too

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Highbrow Slick posted:

Lotta folks poke fun at DC for his faith, and as an agnostic I don’t always care for it either. But he is definitely not giving lip service when he talks about it. That is a dude that has probably actually read a bible once or twice before talking about it, and follows through on it. I can respect that.

Good for Derek Carr tbh. Who knows what happens to Ruggs (or what Carr actually does), but nothing good comes out of someone's support system forgetting about them/abandoning them once they've commitedf a crime/are incarcerated. Ruggs deserves every bit of prison time he gets, but prison also does horrible things to people. That doesn't require having sympathy for Ruggs or forgetting that he did a horrific thing.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Nov 4, 2021

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Codependent Poster posted:

Everyone was making fun of dumb Carson Wentz for not getting the vax, but who's the dumb QB now?

It's still Wentz, isn't it?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

HappyHippo posted:

It's still Wentz, isn't it?

Cousins

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Koirhor posted:

What is Aaron doing this minute ya think, Regeneron or Clay suppository? Also just saying if it were me I wouldn’t of broken up with Olivia Munn.

What the gently caress is a Shailene is that like Shaihulud?

bitch please.

entitled-rear end karen as shaihulud? burn the heretic

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/203227948986138624/905656545675739196/37c6bf522790f66a1f4dcd8502e0f8ff.mp4

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Aaron Rodgers is a boyfriend chameleon

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

TheSlutPit posted:

It’s crazy to me that these guys have access to personal doctors, unlimited on-call medical care paid for and will happily take a mystery cortisol cocktail in the tent/locker room to keep them in the game for another 30 minutes, but getting vaccinated against a global pandemic that could potentially sideline them and their teammates for weeks is simply a bridge too far.

This but the 40% of americans that do it because it triggers the libs and the antivaxx message that was astroturfed into a political wedge issue and instead of missing game time it's having a significant increased risk of mortality/morbidity. Not getting vaccinated is ignorant and selfish. I have no empathy for these people that intentionally refuse the vaccine for political reasons.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Koirhor posted:

Imagine having a baby with a man fresh out of rehab because he can’t stop doing coke and still being able to look at your ex and go “whew, dodged a bullet”

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005
I mistakenly thought Aaron ROdgers might have something interesting to say and clicked the link of him live on Pat Mcafee's show earlier in the week. After saying bitcoin could go to zero or as he thinks "500,000 and beyond" I found out Rodgers has a book club. Every week a new book, the first book of the season was The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
On the ALchemist Aaron says - "One of my all-time favorite books, and it's an easy book, and it's fiction, which, I don't read a lot of fiction, but it's been around for a long, long time." (The Alchemist was published in 1988)
Here are the rest, see if you can guess what Aaron Rodgers recommends:
"Where Men Win Glory: The Odyssey of Pat Tillman" by Jon Krakauer
"The Giver" by Lois Lowry
'Be Here Now' by Ram Dass
"The Four Agreements" by don Miguel Ruiz
"You Are the Universe: Discovering Your Cosmic Self and Why It Matters" by Deepak Chopra and Menas Kafatos
"The Art of War" by Sun Tzu
"The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment" by Eckhart Tolle
"Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell

Still half a season to go! If I had to bet on one book making the list sometime before the end it'd be... Bad Pharma by Ben Goldacre

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
does the pat tillman book talk about how he got murdered by the military for being anti war

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A big flaming stink posted:

does the pat tillman book talk about how he got murdered by the military for being anti war

Just because he was zipped with 5.56 from 10 feet or less away in an area with no enemy around doesn't... mean... hmmm.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Jon Krakauer wrote into the wild so it can't be that bad.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

A big flaming stink posted:

I believe something along these lines is a large part of it for what it's worth, haven't read it myself but I think a good bit of it is based on Tillman's journals.

The funniest non-important Tillman thing I'll always remember is Simeon Rice being asked about him after he was in the military and going something like 'yeah he sucked at football, he could play enough to stick in Arizona but they're trash.'

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Grittybeard posted:

The funniest non-important Tillman thing I'll always remember is Simeon Rice being asked about him after he was in the military and going something like 'yeah he sucked at football, he could play enough to stick in Arizona but they're trash.'

Didn’t he turn down a big free agent contract from the Greatest Show on Turf Rams at one point to stay with the Cardinals?

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
My opinion of Rodgers dropped considerably once it was revealed he was into conspiracy theories, a favourite pastime of people who think they’re smarter than they are. This just reinforces that impression.

Not sure Bad Pharma belongs in his book club though? Been a minute since I read it, but as I recall it’s hardly an endorsement of alternative medicine.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

N: Just looked up who’s playing tonight
V: Gross

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Mike 'Motherfucking' White is playing.

Recognize.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Carson Wentz plays the Jets on Thursday Night Football. What exactly is the problem here?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

fsif posted:

Carson Wentz plays the Jets on Thursday Night Football. What exactly is the problem here?

In no particular order:
1. The Jets
2. Carson Wentz

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
dont expect people who are really good at playing football to be more enlightened than any other schmoe, except tom brady the lord and savior of this brave new world

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

I need to know what hocus pocus "treatment" he got and tried to sell the NFL on.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Just looked it up and Dane Brugler had Mike White as the #6 QB in that class, just behind Lamar. So there's that.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

In no particular order:
1. The Jets
2. Carson Wentz

You seem to have missed Sunday when the Jets backup QB came out and pitched the best game in the league while Wentz poo poo up the field with multiple dumb picks. Jets should be the favorites tonight. Clownball will be at maximum. It's gonna own.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Guze posted:

I need to know what hocus pocus "treatment" he got and tried to sell the NFL on.

He ate a bunch of clay to boost his immune system, op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Mr. Nice! posted:

You seem to have missed Sunday when the Jets backup QB came out and pitched the best game in the league while Wentz poo poo up the field with multiple dumb picks. Jets should be the favorites tonight. Clownball will be at maximum. It's gonna own.

I will laugh if Zach Wilson is a huge loving bust but Mike White is tom brady 2.0