Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Strength is conspicuously absent from our stat block. Of course we want to do 1, but that doesn't mean we actually can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
There is a tie between these 2 classic fantasy options:

5. Open the ancient Book of Elron and learn the forgotten craft of Nephthys

6. Check your weight at the bar in the bathhouse to check your strength

No more tie!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
6. Check your weight at the bar in the bathhouse to check your strength

quote:

You decide to check your weight at the bar in the bathhouse to check your strength:
{close all} {close all} {close all}

You seem to have lost 1 kg.

"So, the journey continues..."

You enter a small town to report your results to the Senior Mage of the Exploration Council, Cephal of Guildforge.

Cephal looks at you and thinks: "The Hero of Redwall returns..."

Cephal is a senior magic-user with great knowledge about the magic of the gods.

She is also a skilled archer.

You seek a key that Cephal describes to you: "The Key to the Gods will help you unlock the secrets of Arda."

You are told to bring the key to the demi-god, Sebastian, on the outskirts of the city of Guildforge.

"This is Sebastian, the demi-god you seek. He has been on a quest to find the Key of Arda and help others. If you are successful in finding Sebastian, you will both have a great adventure and defeat a dangerous demon."

You take the key and say goodbye to the demi-god.

"We are looking forward to the journey," Cephal says.

You walk into the shadows of the city and find a stone building in the middle of a dirt road.

You knock on the door and enter.

"My name is Sebastian," says Sebastian.

"I'm who you seek," you say.

"We don't care. As long as you can save us," he replies.

"But what about my duties to the council?"

"You will be the Hero of the city, a general of our army," Sebastian says. "But you will also be the right hand of Sebastian, as he puts it."
"But, but..."

"Look around the room, the forest that surrounds us and the surrounding mountains and plains," Sebastian says. "The energy from the magic of the gods surrounds us. You will see that you are the one of the chosen one. You are the key to the Key of Arda."

"If I agree to join your team," you ask, "can you teach me magic?"

"Of course. All those who go on adventures will be able to use magic as a skill, but with a greater degree of power," Sebastian explains. "To help you grow in your power and learn new spells, I have a goal for you."

"That is, if you are going to my level..."

Congratulations hero! You have completed the first book of this Adventure! But new Adventures await you on your new Adventure! The title of the second book is:
Quest to the Ringmaster: Search for the stolen Ring of Gabrithon.

2. Quest to the Royal Flush: Travel through underground tunnels to help the Royal Flush fight off an army of Morgog.

3. Quest to the Goliath Mountain: you must retrieve the Goliath's Horn from the bottom of the falls.

4. Quest to the Moonlit Grotto: The Dark Realm has invaded the hollow hill of Snowpeak.

5. Quest to the Citadel of Shelob: A powerful being is emerging from the bowels of the earth.

6. Quest to the Pit of Doom: You have lost a friend to madness. You must track the witch to where the demons live.

Are you ready for your next adventure?

Merry Christmas and happy New Year!

Alain Tannequin

Underdark Storyline Design

Artwork

Fullscreen (1.25K)

Town map (1.75K)

Dungeon map (1.5K)

Sebast
Well then. It looks like we have some quests left at the end of book one!
Quest Journal
  • Solve the mystery of the so-called Missing Objects.
  • Discover what happened to the doctor.
  • Help your brother Sebastian, the demi-God get back on the dev team.

Mantis the Master Barbarian (Lv 2.6) // [Assassin] Sebastian (Lv 1)

Attributes
  • Wisdom 11[+1]
  • Luck 6
  • Charisma 6
  • Intimidation 3[+1] (Intimidates)
  • Swim 1[+1]
  • Athletics 0
  • Endurance 10[+1]
  • Health 10
  • Stamina 15
  • Stamina Recovery 10
  • Determination 1[+1]
  • Desperation 1[+1]
  • Honor 1[+1]
  • Shoot 1[+1]
  • Impress 1[+1]
  • Useful 1[+1]
  • L 1[+1]
Special Skills
  • Summon Bones: Click on the corpses of people you pass to pull out your buffs - your greatest tool in manipulating the board. The more bones you have summoned, the better of a buff you will have.
  • ENDURE: affects the architecture of the Great Pyramid.
  • Magic Spell: ??? the last time we have tried to cast it, we got interrupted by a skeletal arm.
  • [Armor of the Fire】 [Cruel / Mysterious / Great] [Vengeful / Confident / Sarcasm]: ??? we gained these skills when we leveled as an [Assassin] Sebastian.
  • Glide
  • You can now use the special ability which allows you to make a weapon (you have made a Bow Shotgun)
Backpack
  • A full doctor (that has already been used to cast Summon Bones)
  • A miniature full moon
  • A Rune
  • A familiar sabre
  • A Bomb

:siren::siren::siren:
A voting window is now open!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
6 save our friend!

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

4. I hear the moonlit grotto of hollow Snowpeak is lovely this time of year!

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
4 Moonlit Grotto is my favorite holiday destination

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
1 feels the most like the kind of quest we would actually have been given.

Edit
I guess 3 does, too.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Hero of Redwall? Are we a mouse as well as a shark now?

anyway, 6 for sheer :black101: metal factor

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

It is my personal mission to destroy all spiders, 5

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Waitwaitwait hold up.

the game posted:

Are you ready for your next adventure?

Merry Christmas and happy New Year!

Alain Tannequin

Underdark Storyline Design

Artwork

Fullscreen (1.25K)

Town map (1.75K)

Dungeon map (1.5K)

Sebast

Emphasis mine.

Check out how the game signs off. Did our demi-god game developer brother help develop the game we're actually playing?! :tinfoil:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Veryslightlymad posted:

Waitwaitwait hold up.

Emphasis mine.

Check out how the game signs off. Did our demi-god game developer brother help develop the game we're actually playing?! :tinfoil:

(Looks likely)

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Straight from a fetch quest to #6, the Pit of Doom!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

The Story so Far posted:

You are Mantis, Master Barbarian and [Assassin] Sebastian. You have travelled to the Dark Cave and the Great Pyramid to free your brother, the demi-God game developer Sebastian. You were succesful in this task, but your journey is still long: you have to solve the mystery of the so-called Missing Objects, discover what happened to the doctor (whose body you are carrying) and help your brother get back on his dev team.

Quest to the Pit of Doom posted:

"Look around the room, the forest that surrounds us and the surrounding mountains and plains...The energy from the magic of the gods surrounds us. You will see that you are the one of the chosen one. You are the key to the Key of Arda." said Sebastian on the fateful day of your reunion.

A few months have passed since your last adventure. You have reconnected with your brother, Sebastian, and have spent several weeks under his tutelate on the outskirts of the city of Guildforge.

Your studies are interrupted by a messenger! "I'm sorry to disturb you, Hero of Redwall, but this is important". The messenger has an envelope with the seal of the Senior Mage of the Exploration Council, Cephal of Guildforge.

Let's start with the NN, shall we? posted:

The message reads: "Hail hero! I have terrible news for you. Your dear friend Uriel with whom you tried to find out the whereabouts of the missing objects is missing. He has fallen to madness. You must track the witch to where the demons live."

There is a mystery that requires an adventurer's tools, says Sebastian: an enchanted broadsword, enchanted quiver and magical leggings.

Before you depart, you are told to do your best to aid in the search for your friend, and to deliver the message that Cephal and his men send.

You will be accompanied by the White Deer Woman: she was a friend of Uriel and is capable of detecting magic, or the lack thereof. She also specializes in martial arts, which you could learn in the training area. If your companion is in need of rest, she can summon an eagle familiar, which would take the strain off your back.

We plan to start the Quest update with the following areas:

1. Dark Cave: the guardian of the Great Pyramid and your home base for your latest adventure.

2. The forester Temple is filled with treasures that you can pick up while exploring, and is filled with people willing to help you in your search.

3. The North Gate is the main entrance into Guildforge.

4. Caliph's stronghold and Temple of Zilina.

5. The Inventor's Guild.

8. Fields of Khairoth, containing the tomb of the goddess Zilina.

10. Red Dragon Stone Mines.

There is a third map, which is a large cavernous space filled with feroxes, built out of stone.

What you have learned from Sebastian posted:

You have learned one of the following spells from Sebastian's tutelage:
A.
Guardian Stance. This spells makes you impervious to most attacks.

B. Enchanted Spear. You can call forth your Enchanted Spear at the threat of being attacked.

C. Wind Breaker. You can control wind.

D. Psi Manipulator. You can move faster than a natural human.

E. Hammer of Piety. You can perform miracles.

F. Shield of Faith. You have 50% resistance against all magic.

G. Glamour Misser. You can disappear and reappear at will.

H. Artifact Slayer. You can destroy magical artifacts.

I. Gloaming Target. You can change into a gaseous form.

J. Relic Retriever. You can retrieve magical artifacts.

K. Rune Stealer. You can steal from the memories of other people.

L. For now, the following project management concepts apply to this project: you can have unlimited resources, including people and computer time. A unique advantage of being a "co-creation" project
Powerful stuff. We put our new enchanted broadsword, enchanted quiver and magical leggings and we are ready to go!

Attributes
  • Wisdom 11[+1]
  • Luck 6
  • Charisma 6
  • Swim 1[+1]
  • Athletics 0
  • Endurance 10[+1]
  • Health 10
  • Stamina 15
  • Stamina Recovery 10
  • Determination 1[+1]
  • Desperation 1[+1]
  • Honor 1[+1]
  • Shoot 1[+1]
  • Impress 1[+1]
  • Useful 1[+1]
  • L 1[+1]
Special Skills
  • Summon Bones: Click on the corpses of people you pass to pull out your buffs - your greatest tool in manipulating the board. The more bones you have summoned, the better of a buff you will have.
  • Magic Spell: ??? the last time we have tried to cast it, we got interrupted by a skeletal arm.
  • [Armor of the Fire】 [Cruel / Mysterious / Great] [Vengeful / Confident / Sarcasm]: ??? we gained these skills when we leveled as an [Assassin] Sebastian.
  • Glide
  • You can now use the special ability which allows you to make a weapon (you have made a Bow Shotgun)
Backpack
  • A miniature full moon
  • A Rune
  • A familiar sabre
  • A Bomb
  • Enchanted broadsword
  • Enchanted quiver
  • Magical leggings
Quest Journal
  • Find your friend, Uriel.
A voting window is now open! This is a double vote!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Nov 3, 2021

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

What is the AI hiding from us? I demand to know!

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
A good start to our enxt adventure.

2, the Forester Temple, seems the best place to start.

And let's take I. Cant hit a cloud of gas.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Aesculus posted:

What is the AI hiding from us? I demand to know!

P sure got gotta pick L to get debug mode

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
2c

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

2e - loot and miracles, sounds good to me

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
10L

let's get dev tools and try to clip through the level geometry, the mine's gotta have weird polygons to use for those purposes

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

2L

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

2L

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
No desire to cheat when the game has already given us so much, but the ability to acquire magic feels like it would synergize rather well with our companion's ability to detect whether or not something is magic.

,Edit
poo poo. I meant J. But since K actually has a chance of winning, I will leave this unchanged, and my idiocy can be on display forever for posterity

Edit2
Why am I not surprised that 2K turned out to be a mistake filled mess?

Veryslightlymad fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Nov 3, 2021

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

2K, many people with many memories to steal.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
2K, the game's entertaining enough as it is, no need to break it with debug mode.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

2H

It’s good to have companions in White Deer and her Eagle so why not befriend more?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

2C, I mean how do you not choose a spell called Wind Breaker

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I think we should see if the Inventors have something cool in the form of a missing object and/or person detector.

And as sweet as a new jacket sounds, stealing memory sounds like it'd open up a lot of interesting narrative options.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

K. Rune Stealer. You can steal from the memories of other people.

quote:

You have gained the Rune Stealer spell! This spell can be cast to steal from the memories of other people. It works like this:
1. Stand in front of a life form and, with two hands, 'swipe' at them, and say the command word for the spell. You see your target momentarily transforming and then it disappears! (You do not see it for long though.)

2. You do not need to steal from the memories of 'important' persons. The spell can be used to steal the memories of anyone you want. Just remember to steal from memory too!

Note: The spell can be used with any other spell to steal the memories. For instance, if you want to remove a brain-to-brain interface from a CPU, you can do it with Blinding Light.

Note: You cannot steal people's memories with a "wrong" command word. (The command words are spoken in the normal order, so a command word is "quack" if you want to "quicken the way".) You need a command word that will cause the stolen memories to be stored in your own mind. For instance, the command word "flush" if you want to "flush" someone's memory and make it disappear.
All clear to me! Can't wait to "quack" some memories.

2. The forester Temple is filled with treasures that you can pick up while exploring, and is filled with people willing to help you in your search.

quote:

"I plan to start our Quest in the Forester Temple", you say. It a good place to start: is filled with treasures that you can pick up while exploring, and is filled with people willing to help you in your search.

Now let's get going, Hero of Redwall!

Question and answer

Where can I find the Forester Temple?
It is near the center of Guildforge. You can't miss it.

Can I visit it anytime?
No, you can only enter the temple when the Grand Mage is away, which is never.

I will wait here, says the White Deer Woman. But don't go anywhere, as you don't know where that magic wand is.

How do I get the magic wand?
It is a simple quest: enter the Forester Temple, recover the magical wand of Cephal and return it to the Grand Mage. This wand has to be recharged with magic, so you are looking for someone who knows about the effects of ancient magic.

Does the Grand Mage require the wand?
Not exactly... the wand can serve as a memento of the Grand Mage's career, which he wanted to hide from the public. You need to bring him the wand if you want access to the Forester Temple.

How do I find someone who knows about the effects of ancient magic?
There are many places to start. First of all, you can ask around about the first Explorer, Giovanni Mondragon, who searched for the stars and the hollows of the Dark Jungle. There are five Mages at the Grand Mage's court: one or two should know about the library of the Forest People, the King of the Hills.

One Mage, the only one who knows about the place of Iblis the Shadow of the Seas and the Abyss of Nightmares, would be able to guide you to the Forest of Mice, where the place of Iblis is.

But you can be sure that the other three Mages will prefer to keep their silence: their teachings are secrets that can change the course of history!

Does the quest involve caves?
Caves? Not exactly. But finding someone with magical knowledge about the old coves can take a while, and that could lead you to some uncharted regions.

Can I visit the Forester Temple again?
Yes. But don't keep going there every time. You will most likely be able to visit it at the beginning of the game, and later when the Grand Mage's life and the fate of the Sanctuary of Light are revealed.

Are there no companions for the quest?
Cousins are unlikely to show up.

Armed with this knowledge, you seek to find a way to solve the riddle - if you can only enter the Temple when the Grand Mage is away...and the Grand Mage is never away, how can you enter the temple? Your answer is:
Summon the deer eagle, and it will take the strain off your back.

2. Find an apprentice who can tell you about them.

3. Find a mentor for the quest.

4. In a safe house on Guildforge, read the old journal of Uriel the Explorer. See if you can find any prophecies that point to a 'Sword of Prophecy'.

5. Enter the Forester Temple with the companion summoned, and he will help you to find the notes of the old Mage.

6. While Iblis is watching the Forest of Mice, this companion will use its magic to sneak inside the Forester Temple. Once inside, you should bring the companion with you and restore the wand.

7. If you are short of eagles, summon your Sparrowhawk companion and ride him inside.
Looks like we picked up another trick from Sebastian? I hope the Sparrowhawk companion comes with a magical gem, but without the creepy mentor/mentee relationship.

Attributes
  • Wisdom 11[+1]
  • Luck 6
  • Charisma 6
  • Swim 1[+1]
  • Athletics 0
  • Endurance 10[+1]
  • Health 10
  • Stamina 15
  • Stamina Recovery 10
  • Determination 1[+1]
  • Desperation 1[+1]
  • Honor 1[+1]
  • Shoot 1[+1]
  • Impress 1[+1]
  • Useful 1[+1]
  • L 1[+1]
Special Skills
  • Glide
  • Rune Stealer: You can steal from the memories of other people.
Backpack
  • A miniature full moon
  • A Rune
  • A familiar sabre
  • A Bomb
  • Enchanted broadsword
  • Enchanted quiver
  • Magical leggings
Quest Journal
  • Find the Grand Mage's wand to gain access to the Forester Temple.
A voting window is now open! This is a double vote!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Nov 4, 2021

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

7 and 5. If the Grand Mage throws a fit, use Rune Stealer to flush their memories of you not being allowed to be there.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Agreeing with 7 and 5 . And keep Rune Stealer in reserve for the worst case scenario, sure. The Grand Mage wont see us comin'.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

I'm leaving the vote open until tomorrow morning - I've decided to slow down updates to a daily circle cause I don't want the gimmick to become stale too soon; also this should allow more people to take part into the game. Finally there is a weekly characters limit on the website I'm using and, while there are ways around that, I'd like not to abuse the system :)

Please let me know if you'd like something different though!

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Option 2, then "flush" the apprentice's memory. Villain turn begins now.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
2, 6

Really basic espionage. Find an insider, use their connections to get you in.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

3, then Rune Stealer
I'm the mentor now

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We have a tie between options "7,5" and option 2! Rolling a die...

7. If you are short of eagles, summon your Sparrowhawk companion and ride him inside.
5. Enter the Forester Temple with the companion summoned, and he will help you to find the notes of the old Mage.

quote:

Since you are short of eagles, you summon your Sparrowhawk companion to ride him inside; you enter the Forester Temple with the companion summoned, and he will help you to find the notes of the old Mage.

The entrance to the Grand Mage's office

And how will your Sparrowhawk help?

It looks like your Sparrowhawk does not know how to handle your eggs, but he will take a "leave" from you, once you start the quest, allowing you to fully concentrate on the quest.

You do not want to lose your companion, now do you?

You start looking for the Grand Mage note and his wand , which was hidden inside an ancient Moss Tree.

After some minutes you locate it, but just before you do so, you hear a voice:

"Are you sure you want to enter, Hero of Redwall?"

Then the voice stops.

A couple of feet away from you is a small statue. You look closer.

Is that a White Deer?

Yes, it is a White Deer, which also protects the Forest of Mice.

"What do you want?" asks the White Deer.

"My name is Thom Stormfist, and I need you to guide me to the Temple of Cephal, so I can get my magic wand."

"But isn't that dangerous? I cannot guide you because I don't know the way."

"I don't need you to guide me, the path to the Temple of Cephal is already marked. There is no way to find the Temple without guide."

"You are an adventurer, aren't you? You are not supposed to ask for help!"

"I have friends at the Grand Mage's court, they will guide me without any problem."

"But your quest is a quest of the highest importance, to find the effects of ancient magic...and with friends like that, I fear for your life..."

"...but I'll take my chances!"

"I am too...worried," says the White Deer.

Suddenly, she takes off into the air, and starts running across the room. Her eyes seem to burn with something strange, and her hooves are shaking all the time.

"What's wrong with her?" you ask the White Deer.

"I am no good at judging these things...I think...something bad is coming."

The White Deer suddenly makes a quick turn, and the same glowing energy flashes from her eyes, and it seems to come from everywhere around her.

"Quick, Hero of Redwall, follow me!"

YOU
It seems that the White Deer wants you to follow her, so you do it.

2. You notice that she is faster than your Sparrowhawk.

3. You hear the sound of something hot exploding from somewhere.

4. You don't want to follow her any further, but it seems like the White Deer is very much dependent on you...

5. You will follow her and stay with her, but you will be careful about the possibility of falling into traps.

6. You will talk to the White Deer, but your Sparrowhawk is not going to help you.

7. You stay with the White Deer, but you do not try to talk to her.

8. You ask the White Deer to give you a telepathic command.

9. You will be on your own.

10. Your Sparrowhawk shows you the way, and you get lost.

11. You follow your Sparrowhawk, and you will find the Temple.

: This one is easy :3

«Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 06:43:26 AM by thevilestone » Logged

http://reddit.com/user/LuthorArth

https://twitter.com/LuthorArth

http://facebook.com/LuthorArth

http://www.youtube.com/LuthorArth

Marist

Guides: 7

Posts: 852Guides: 7 Re: [ANN][The Daily Dossier] "Holy Grail" Wiki

Thom "Mantis" Stormfist, the Master Barbarian (Lv 2.6) // [Assassin] Sebastian (Lv 1)

Attributes
  • Wisdom 11[+1]
  • Luck 6
  • Charisma 6
  • Swim 1[+1]
  • Athletics 0
  • Endurance 10[+1]
  • Health 10
  • Stamina 15
  • Stamina Recovery 10
  • Determination 1[+1]
  • Desperation 1[+1]
  • Honor 1[+1]
  • Shoot 1[+1]
  • Impress 1[+1]
  • Useful 1[+1]
  • L 1[+1]
Special Skills
  • Glide
  • Rune Stealer: You can steal from the memories of other people.
Backpack
  • A miniature full moon
  • A Rune
  • A familiar sabre
  • A Bomb
  • Enchanted broadsword
  • Enchanted quiver
  • Magical leggings
Quest Journal
  • Find the Grand Mage's wand to gain access to the Forester Temple.
A voting window is now open!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

You need to be nice to white deer or there will be dire consequences

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010