Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I don't play enough games to earn enough rewards

Why can't they just give you points based on how many times you get beaten at rocket league? I'd be set for life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

Im curious what specifically happens

you get into the evil cannibal cults science lair and essentially get parasitized by a venom symbiote that puts you into a what is real dream state and then slowly walk around a homeless camp for a while before ending up in like a void of the mind where you die or something, leaving the entire plot unresolved

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

you get into the evil cannibal cults science lair and essentially get parasitized by a venom symbiote that puts you into a what is real dream state and then slowly walk around a homeless camp for a while before ending up in like a void of the mind where you die or something, leaving the entire plot unresolved

Fuckin amazing. Transcendent, just absolutely surpassed all my expectations for dumb endings

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Is it Friday yet? I wanna play Forza horizon 5.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Kill it With Fire isn't as fun as I thought it would be. You have these side objectives besides killing spiders to get points which are fun until they get tedious and frustrating then you decide to go kill spiders and you can't find any.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
I've been playing Streets of Rogue as it's leaving game pass. It's pretty fun, kind of like The Escapists but crazier.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Speaking of the Gamepass monthly quests, that soccer one they just put up the other day was totally not worth the 75 points. Took me like four matches to finally get a win.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Lammasu posted:

I mean I'm a six hundred pound man that washes myself with a rag on a stick and I get game pass for free by doing daily searches and Gamepass quests.
I've been doing it seriously since June and I'm almost to 100k which can get me a $100 gift card to Amazon, already close to the $100 gift card to the MS store. Can't decide if I want to put it towards the all access or just buy games and poo poo.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Its hardly even a surprise at this point, but FH5 reviews are looking great.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

gamepass quests ftw

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I feel confident that despite microsoft publishing 3 of the 10 highest reviewed games this year, including the #1 (as of this post), they will get the fewest GOTY awards versus the big 3 publishers.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I mean yeah there are 0 sad dads in Forza Horizon 5 or Psychonauts 2, how are you meant to be taken seriously as a creative industry if you're not giving awards to sad dad games?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

we're posting in the xbox thread, we are the sad dads.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Everyone in Psychonauts 2 is sad.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

elf help book posted:

Everyone in Psychonauts 2 is sad.

wrong!!!! learn the subtext!!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

no

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I tried Psychonauts 2 because it was made by Tim Schafer and he worked on the Monkey Island series and Day of the Tentacle. But I don't like jumping on platforms. I did enjoy walking around the main hub and looking at stuff.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it's very good, i've been playing it the last few days. the voice acting is top tier.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

What I did see was pretty good though. I still have it installed and want to try it again someday, as soon as RDR2 releases me from its clutches.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Psychonauts 2 has happy, fulfilled dads instead to compensate for the first

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Anno posted:

Its hardly even a surprise at this point, but FH5 reviews are looking great.

IGN review was very hype indeed.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Psychonauts - the first boss one shot me as I was about to kill him, and then I replayed the fight again and he did the same thing, so I just kind of quit because it was 11pm and I was annoyed.

Game seems cool though, probably my own fault for being bad.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
If you change your Xbox region to New Zealand, you can play Forza Horizon 5 right now.

It also works for Call of Duty: Vanguard.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

External Organs posted:

Psychonauts - the first boss one shot me as I was about to kill him, and then I replayed the fight again and he did the same thing, so I just kind of quit because it was 11pm and I was annoyed.

Worth exploring the different accessibility options the game has. If you aren't feeling the combat, there are options available to mitigate that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The triple press A to hover being an accessibility option is so weird, like it makes the game way better. Should be default.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

It's great that one of those options is to disable fall damage so you can just blunder into the depths over and over again.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
So if I buy the Forza premium pass for 45 bucks with GPU I can play Forza early and I don't have to buy the full game? What happens when they de-list the game?

V Nice

maniacripper fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Nov 4, 2021

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

maniacripper posted:

So if I buy the Forza premium pass for 45 bucks with GPU I can play Forza early and I don't have to buy the full game? What happens when they de-list the game?

For Forza 7 they had this offer but if they don't you either gotta buy it before it's delisted or find a physical copy afterwards. They normally go on very deep discount right before delisting tho.

"Xbox Game Pass players who previously bought any DLC for the game will be sent a token to gain permanent access to the game. If you haven't received a token by 2nd August, you can contact Xbox Support for a token."

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

It's great that one of those options is to disable fall damage so you can just blunder into the depths over and over again.

Oh I’m gonna turn this one on as well

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

External Organs posted:

Wow I had the complete opposite experience. I didn't die once the entire game (didn't use any assists either).

My only death was in the post-game where I had to kill myself by walking into thorns in order to get the Dream Fluff achievement. :v:

I was pretty thorough with collectibles from the start though so my health bar probably got a bit OP.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Zerot posted:

If you change your Xbox region to New Zealand, you can play Forza Horizon 5 right now.

It also works for Call of Duty: Vanguard.

I thought Forza was coming out the 9th? Are you saying New Zealand is 4 days ahead :thunk:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

what is master chief if not a sad dad

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

John F Bennett posted:

I thought Forza was coming out the 9th? Are you saying New Zealand is 4 days ahead :thunk:

There is a special edition you can pre-order, which unlocks on the 5th.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

How can you be sad with games pass? impossible

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

magimix posted:

There is a special edition you can pre-order, which unlocks on the 5th.

I have to say, much as it is only 4 days, this is a very weaselly way around the concept of "Game Pass Day One" releases.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Jables88 posted:

I have to say, much as it is only 4 days, this is a very weaselly way around the concept of "Game Pass Day One" releases.

Not really

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Jables88 posted:

Don't worry, they'll sell you all the DLC and the extra 4 days by themselves if you're a Game Pass subscriber.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuB2MnG9sCE

john linneman can't resist showing off his ancient boring consoles but other than that the video is good, this game looks amazing

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Quantum of Phallus posted:

wrong!!!! learn the subtext!!

I know authors that use subtext and they are cowards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

115GB for Forza :eyepop: