Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

really queer Christmas posted:

I will laugh if Zach Wilson is a huge loving bust but Mike White is tom brady 2.0

I will do this only if the Jets stick with Zach Wilson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I will laugh if Zach Wilson is a huge loving bust but Mike White is tom brady 2.0
That would actually own? I don't give a poo poo who the QB is as long as we get a Brady 2.0.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Tonight's game gonna be hell on earth & I got insane treats to eat while watching it.

My only rooting interest is seeing anti-vaxxers lose, so Wentz has to poo poo it up.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Tonight's game gonna be hell on earth & I got insane treats to eat while watching it.

My only rooting interest is seeing anti-vaxxers lose, so Wentz has to poo poo it up.

Good news, everyone!

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

fsif posted:

Carson Wentz plays the Jets on Thursday Night Football. What exactly is the problem here?

I feel like the colts have had a bunch of prime time games already this season and I would like terrible things to happen to whichever executive did that to us

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I think Aaron Rodgers thing is he wants to be thought of as interesting more than anything else.

He's too interesting to take the vaccine which differs from a player like Wentz who is too rockbrained.

Ironically the end result makes both stupid just in different ways.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Guze posted:

I need to know what hocus pocus "treatment" he got and tried to sell the NFL on.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
This loving team

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/1456248453097525256?s=20

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Diva Cupcake posted:

Just looked it up and Dane Brugler had Mike White as the #6 QB in that class, just behind Lamar. So there's that.

Lol I like Brugler’s stuff a lot but that is an *ugly* ranking of the 2018 QBs (though probably not an at all uncommon one)

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I wonder how many other big name players haven't been vaccinated and have just been coasting along under the radar or using fake passports?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I feel like the colts have had a bunch of prime time games already this season and I would like terrible things to happen to whichever executive did that to us

Colts/Ravens MNF was phenomenal and Indy smashed SF on SNF so it's not exactly the Colts fault if you weren't entertained.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I’m going to need to see a doctor’s excuse.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

N: Just looked up who’s playing tonight
V: Gross

Look at the Monday Night game this week to instantly die.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

Hooting and Hollering D-FENSE over and over again as balls slam into the turf 5 yards from any receiver.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1456240262909513728?s=20

Cooper Kupp is gonna win OPOY

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

R.D. Mangles posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND_yAPJsefM

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I held off doing the family's laundry for a day so I could wash it all today & have something productive to do while getting mad at the Jets tonight

unless The Mike White Experience is real

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER
Assuming they the Browns ultimately release ODBJ, I wonder who signs him?

Like if he's unclaimed on waivers, which would mean the Browns are on the hook for his whole absurd salary, who picks him up?

They'd have to be crazy, whoever they are....

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It's me. I'm signing him to play Kanjam.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Campbell has been so loving good I can't believe we signed him in like...June.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Larch posted:

Like if he's unclaimed on waivers, which would mean the Browns are on the hook for his whole absurd salary, who picks him up?

I believe whoever claims him can basically cut him after this season without any cap hits. Just has to pay his remaining ~$8m in salary this season.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

This sure is a lot of to-do around a guy who has the same stat line as Sammy Watkins this year

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/mickakers/status/1456022325476794368

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Assuming he's released I think it's far more likely Beckham will pass through waivers unclaimed and sign for the vet minimum (Saints, etc) than teams clamoring with their waiver position for him.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I can see a team in the WC hunt putting in a claim on him just to stop a division rival from getting him if they also out in a claim.

Also:

I have gone 130 exactly once on a section of I94 east of Fargo that was empty and dqmn near a straight.

Going that fast is terrifying the moment you have to do anything except going in a straight line.

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Nov 4, 2021

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Diva Cupcake posted:

Assuming he's released I think it's far more likely Beckham will pass through waivers unclaimed and sign for the vet minimum (Saints, etc) than teams clamoring with their waiver position for him.

Yes but doesn't Mike White deserve a premiere target???

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Flikken posted:

Yes but doesn't Mike White deserve a premiere target???
In fact he does. The Jets wont claim him though and they don't have the cap space to do so without shuffling contracts.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, I posted a list yesterday of the 10 teams with the cap space to take him and none of them make much sense to grab a guy who's basically a lottery ticket to give you something this year and is then getting cut almost certainly:

Not a WR away:
$28m Jags
$21m Eagles
$15.5m Broncos
$13.4m Seahawks
$11.8m Panthers
$11.4m Football Team

WR ain't a huge need:
$11m Chargers
$10.8m Steelers
$9.7m Bengals

Lol:
$9m Browns

Another team could move money around to do it, but the question then becomes if Odell's worth it and welp

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

How was rookie of the month not chase? Dude had a 200 yard two touchdown game

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005

Fire Safety Doug posted:

Not sure Bad Pharma belongs in his book club though? Been a minute since I read it, but as I recall it’s hardly an endorsement of alternative medicine.
never read it. i was trying to think of a classic homeopathic tome but nothing came to mind and i just googled "pharma bad book" XD.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

Lol:
$9m Browns

The funniest possible timeline.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

How was rookie of the month not chase? Dude had a 200 yard two touchdown game

Harris had ~500 YFS and 4 TD's but yeah Chase did that but as a WR and should've won.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kicked Throat posted:

never read it. i was trying to think of a classic homeopathic tome but nothing came to mind and i just googled "pharma bad book" XD.

The Voynich Manuscipt

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

R.D. Mangles posted:

N: Just looked up who's playing monday night
V:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Diva Cupcake posted:

In fact he does. The Jets wont claim him though and they don't have the cap space to do so without shuffling contracts.

My mistake, I thought the Jets had oodles of cap space.

Ummm where are you spending it?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Diva Cupcake posted:

There are 100% going to be Jets fans who want them to sign OBJ and who are also going to complain about Denzel Mims’ snap count.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

N: Just looked up who's playing monday night
V:

Fields name may become literal as he becomes one with the field by halftime.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Flikken posted:

My mistake, I thought the Jets had oodles of cap space.

Ummm where are you spending it?

This is their whoopsie atoning for past mistakes year

Dead money:

$8m Trumaine Johnson
$5m Sam Darnold
$4m Le'Veon Bell
$3.6m Quincy Enunwa
$3.1m Kelechi Osemele
+ others = $30.5m

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Larch posted:

Yeah from what I read, if he’s unclaimed on waivers, the Browns are on hook for his salary this year, but would be offset by whatever he signed. So if the Saints gave him a vet min contact, he’d still get his full salary for this year but next year would mean a whole new contract.

So I’m hoping the Saints do as we need a WR for this year badly. We will see about next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
So next season teams will get a choice of Antonio Brown and Odell Beckham Jr as top WR options.