Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Carthag Tuek posted:

best song is still go gently caress yourself imo

Agreed. My favourite episode.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Motown philly back again

ba da da dada da da da dada

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

WILDCARD BITCHES

YEEHAWW

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

moist turtleneck posted:

Z knowing what is happening immediately is so good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQnYmC4-_1c&t=47s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp4Hp_nV41k

Chad Coleman is incredible

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Pattonesque posted:

Chad Coleman is incredible

he is. ever since the wire, ive kept my eye out for him

e: just wondered what he was up to & google nearly gave my heart attack w the auto completion "chad coleman obituary". apparently someone else with that name died, which is also sad.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

drunken officeparty posted:

Motown philly back again

ba da da dada da da da dada

Do you think that's good enough for the Boyz II the Men?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

moist turtleneck posted:

Just an incredible scene, Z's,"Oh shiiiit!" is the best.

I also love this very brief, apparently completely improvised song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQd7g565e2I

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Go gently caress Yourselves is easily the best song but I also love the opening bit to 'The Nightman Cometh':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcemhmlBg38

The way Charlie is just so satisfied and amused with himself just kills me every time.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Agreed. My favourite episode.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!?"

Definitely a top tier episode Dennis, Mac, and Dee trying to learn playful banter kills me everytime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08K-944LI8s

a seagull
Apr 11, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

I never noticed it before, but a comment on the video pointed out that Z joins the Gang in spitting on people.

Best "two lines every couple of seasons" character ever.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Seeing the bar regulars just kind of taking the spitting in their stride reminded me of a fantastic single gag from an earlier season. The gang are sitting in the bar going through one of their usual batshit insane schemes when suddenly a guy none of them even noticed goes,"Thanks guys, see you tomorrow", leaves some cash on the bar and walks out. They all kind of freeze for a moment and then wave goodbye before going back to their scheming, because they forgot they actually have customers and even regulars and none of them even noticed he was there at all :allears:

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

Burning_Monk posted:

Why don't you leap on up to the third floor? Someone poo poo all over the dining hall.
I suppose that's part of it. I'm not from US, so every episode that also heavily riffs on some other media usually ends up being weak for me.

Still a pretty great joke, but probably worked so much better for people familiar with Quantum Leap.

That said, Dennis Doll is the funniest loving poo poo.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Mister Speaker posted:

Go gently caress Yourselves is easily the best song but I also love the opening bit to 'The Nightman Cometh':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcemhmlBg38

The way Charlie is just so satisfied and amused with himself just kills me every time.

the little giggles he has in between lines

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Seeing the bar regulars just kind of taking the spitting in their stride reminded me of a fantastic single gag from an earlier season. The gang are sitting in the bar going through one of their usual batshit insane schemes when suddenly a guy none of them even noticed goes,"Thanks guys, see you tomorrow", leaves some cash on the bar and walks out. They all kind of freeze for a moment and then wave goodbye before going back to their scheming, because they forgot they actually have customers and even regulars and none of them even noticed he was there at all :allears:

Paddy’s is probably the best bar to drink at since the gang leaves it unattended constantly.

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

You've ruined the act, GOB.
Hot drat, show is back in less than a month now, on 12/1. Posted on Charlie’s Instagram.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Dee lookin good here

https://twitter.com/RMcElhenney/status/1455961506198142982?t=za3xz1OBFXtsZM7OfuIaaA&s=19

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

jtr posted:

Hot drat, show is back in less than a month now, on 12/1. Posted on Charlie’s Instagram.

:woop:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

So you come crawling back you cheap sack of poo poo.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

There's a list of episode titles out if you want some things spoiled, regarding that promo picture especially. I'm not overly excited but you can't judge a season by its episode titles they say.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

They were all in Ireland on social media so I assume something there

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i was excited before since this show only gets better each season and after reading the titles i just have more specific things to look forward to

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Every season goes the same. The episodes come out, people in this thread say that the show sucks now and they should cancel it. Then the season ends and people rewatch the episodes and then realize it was actually good the whole time.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I've watched this goddamn show probably more than any other piece of media that I could bring to mind.
It is my favorite background show and the new seasons are my favorite foreground show.

Keep on truckin', sunny crew

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I've watched this goddamn show probably more than any other piece of media that I could bring to mind.
It is my favorite background show and the new seasons are my favorite foreground show.

Keep on truckin', sunny crew

Agreed, so many repeats. I do keep a curated list of favorites with a randomized playlist but honestly just about every episode works. It's very season 7/8 heavy but I there's a lot of stuff from the last couple seasons too.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Wow 8 episodes. That's not nearly enough Always Sunny!

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Having watched the show to the end, I feel like season 14 was one of the better ones! The only bad episode was the Big Mo one, with lots of dead air. Before that season I'd be one of the people saying how the show is lost, but I'm excited.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Remind me again how this show releases on streaming. Next day or after it finishes?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Next day on Hulu

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Every season goes the same. The episodes come out, people in this thread say that the show sucks now and they should cancel it. Then the season ends and people rewatch the episodes and then realize it was actually good the whole time.

i never knew what to make of the thread title. never really been in a thread during a season and most of the people I've talked to fall into one of two general camps: It's good and always getting better or basically cannot stand to watch even an episode.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I think it's dipped slightly from its peak but its peak was 'literally the best live action comedy ever made' imo, still a fine show and better than it has any right to be after this many seasons

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

multijoe posted:

I think it's dipped slightly from its peak but its peak was 'literally the best live action comedy ever made' imo, still a fine show and better than it has any right to be after this many seasons

Peaked? Peaked, multijoe? Hahaha

Let me tell you something. Sunny hasn't even begun to peak.

And when Sunny does peak, you'll know. Because it's gonna peak so hard that everyone in this thread will be able to feel it. It's in its prime.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Sunny is going to peak in season 27 when Devito passes and they continue filming the season with
his body Weekend At Bernies style.

Senor Tron fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Nov 5, 2021

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Senor Tron posted:

Sunny is going to peak in season 27 when Devito passes and they continue filming the season with
his body Weekend At Bernies style.

Just throw me in the trash!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

cold open s12e02 has another ring to it in these times

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

moist turtleneck posted:

Next day on Hulu

Is that new for Sunny? I swear the last couple of seasons didn't actually show up on Hulu until months after airing, even though other FX(X) shows were popping up next day.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Ballz posted:

Is that new for Sunny? I swear the last couple of seasons didn't actually show up on Hulu until months after airing, even though other FX(X) shows were popping up next day.

Everything else from FX does that as far as I know.

Disney's It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

i think it is new for sunny. i remember having to wait until the current season completely finished airing before it would be on hulu

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Trailer for the new season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTGQiJ6sAxU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

lmao that looks really promising

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Holy poo poo they got Colm Meaney and Q Shaman guy?!?