Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Rarity a gamer?
This poll is closed.
Yes 17 17.35%
Obviously 43 43.88%
Noisette 23 23.47%
please visit my new and wildly popular subreddit r/SNUle34 15 15.31%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Oh hey they're copying Disco this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Not usually big on non-combat games, but I'm willing to make an exception for a Josh Sawyer gig.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Rarity posted:

Obsidians been doing discos for years before disco. .. delete your post, gamer

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Josh Sawyer post in this thread challenge

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008

rope kid is finally going to get to make his long desired no combat darklands game? hell yeah, 100% in and I wish him the best on this project

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Josh Sawyer post in this thread challenge

He's too good for this thread

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ropekid has already posted in one of these threads, back when the lowtax facts came to light and people were asking for invites to bread and roses

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oh poo poo, Sawyer's been wanting to make a game in a historical setting for a while now. This could be pretty cool.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

he's been open about how great he thinks the devs are so it's not surprising

i doubt he'd hide the fact he wants to emulate something he thinks was done very well

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Is this the fabled "gently caress you: Suck my dick: Josh Sawyer's dream game"?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

Obsidians been doing discos for years before disco. .. delete your post, gamer

Nope all games are defined by Disco now, stop living in the past boomer

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Rarity posted:

Nope all games are defined by Disco now, stop living in the past boomer

Truly Disco Elysium is the Dark Souls of game comparison

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Did Rarity just admit to being a gamer?

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I follow Sawyer on Twitter and he's just great.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Walla posted:

Did Rarity just admit to being a gamer?

It's been abundantly clear to anyone who was paying attention that Rarity is a big gamer

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

in before rarity says i'm bullying her

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

It's been abundantly clear to anyone who was paying attention that Rarity is a big gamer

That's obvious. I just don't think I've seen her accept it before.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Same.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

bad move for him to have a setting which doesnt let him implement retro bicycles

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i hope it has big head mode

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
These outrageous gamer accusations will not stand. They are just the vicious catcalls of mean bul-

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Hey no fair you can't do that

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Your posts have been reported to the mods and they will be dealt with accordingly :colbert:

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
can we have astral set a word filter to change 'Rarity' to 'gamer'

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

FirstAidKite posted:

Back on the beat

All cops are bad but all dogs go to heaven so all dog cops go to heaven but they feel bad about it.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Rarity posted:

I haven't played Disco Elysium yet, but I'm currently playing The Council, which is another take on the combat-free RPG and is pretty fun despite some rough edges. ton of potential in this

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

gamer is a gamer

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Barry Convex posted:

I haven't played Disco Elysium yet, but I'm currently playing The Council, which is another take on the combat-free RPG and is pretty fun despite some rough edges. ton of potential in this

first time i'm hearing about it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Relax Or DIE posted:

Oh look a thread full of Raritys

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I got the Prject Wingman code! I realized what I had wrong! Once I get on my lunch break, I'll show my work!

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

I mean CDPR did severely misrepresent what the game was

If you were paying attention you knew they were lying but they still lied out their rear end about it lol

The trick was to pay no attention (this works for all games) and just hear general vibes like, "Cyberpunk," "Shooting," and "Story." Then you buy it (I think I impulse bought the day of release) with no real expectations except this is from the people who made The Witcher and people liked The Witcher which was good. Then the game turns out fine if you're a general eejit-gamer just having fun. (Although to be fair I didn't run into any bugs.)

The people who think a new game will absolutely revolutionise what's happening in the gaming world are always disappointed, and they never learn. It's like they haven't even heard of Peter Molyneux.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oh god damnit, how'd that poll get there? I'm not good at computer

May 8, 2006

marketing owns because you then get to read threads with stuff like 'well they've shown no actually gameplay and the game is out in 3 days and the leaked copies all show a busted mess that would be mediocre and dated even if it worked, but i'm gonna like it no matter what and it'll probably be goty'

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
It's a sad state of affairs when in the last few years I feel like I've gotten burned more on AAA pre-orders than indie Early Access.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Harrow posted:

Oh god damnit, how'd that poll get there? I'm not good at computer

Where's the Bowsette option?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

do not add a bowsette option.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

homeless snail posted:

do not add a bowsette option.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The actual trick to CP2077 was to not listen to any of the hype and not buy it like a moron.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I thought we had established this back with the "many messages from gamers" thing

Weedle
May 31, 2006

homeless snail posted:

add a bowsette option.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

go jerk off on deviantart if you want lovely horny fanart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i can recommend a nft that has some pretty horny chicken jpegs