Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Eric Cantonese posted:

I still don't get the whole Zack Snyder thing, but everything about pop culture confuses me now.

I've learned that whenever I'm confused about pop culture, it's because I'm assuming it's more complicated than it sounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
who signed off on the character designs for the transformers movies, they look like someone glued a bunch of scrap metal together.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

uber_stoat posted:

who signed off on the character designs for the transformers movies, they look like someone glued a bunch of scrap metal together.

Every action scene looks so lovely lol, and they all look so similar as robots you cant even tell who is who half the time. Complete joke of a movie, bay is a total hack

Serf
May 5, 2011

i remember in the like third movie? there's a scene where the bad guys have some of the good guy robots on their knees and one of them just gets executed with a shot to the back of the head and you watch his robot skull fly apart in slow mo with bits of metal and fluid flying in all directions and i remember thinking that it was one of the most gratuitously violent things i'd ever seen in a mainstream movie but it was okay because it was a robot. similar vibes to short circuit 2 where those dudes cut johnny 5 apart with saws and you see them carrying off his limbs

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i went to see dune on imax last night before it got bumped by eternals — the last night it was showing on imax anywhere near me. and i get there and the there's a long line to get in and then a theater employee yells out that the imax was double booked with a *private screening* of eternals and dune would be on a regular screen and eternals would get imax (but that they'd give dune goers free tickets)........ lmao just gotta laugh i guess

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
I had someone recommend me death of stalin after they found out I was a communist as if it was some kind of critical film that would pull me free from the brink of ideology

Police_monitoring
Oct 11, 2021

by sebmojo

Pyrus Malus posted:

I had someone recommend me death of stalin after they found out I was a communist as if it was some kind of critical film that would pull me free from the brink of ideology

Pretty sure thats why it was made

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Pyrus Malus posted:

at least it wasn't ayn rand or ben shapiro, coulda been worse

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Police_monitoring posted:

Pretty sure thats why it was made

shame because it doesnt work and is instead very funny

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/apilotjones/status/1455615130402762753?t=xvafN8e9vfYHTrXnGky7-Q&s=19

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

another netflix joint eh? lmao

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Pyrus Malus posted:

death of Stalin rules, all my communist friends love death of Stalin

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Rewatched dune in the theater. The pretty explosions were a perfect fit for Diwali.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

I really need to get out to see Dune!!!

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

josh04 posted:

I really need to get out to see Dune!!!

you can see it at home

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
You can even watch it while at a dune

Serf
May 5, 2011

i went back to see it again in imax and it was much better. but that may be because the theater in my town is a crumbling wreck and the one in savannah was actually functional

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Judakel posted:

you can see it at home

absolutely not

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
well i saw it at home because i want to support streaming where my favorite filmmaker zach snyder shows his films... but i guess you can do whatever you want since you don't care about streaming

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

uber_stoat posted:

My mind literally can't comprehend what the transformers look like. Its such a mishmash of colors and metal and shadow that my brain cannot literally draw it. It gives me massive headaches when I try to watch those movies

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/TaikaWaititi/status/1456305511146528776

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
people with strong opinions about snyder should be banned imo

Serf
May 5, 2011

the incal seems like one of those things that's better off not being adapted

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Feldegast42 posted:

My mind literally can't comprehend what the transformers look like. Its such a mishmash of colors and metal and shadow that my brain cannot literally draw it. It gives me massive headaches when I try to watch those movies
Bumblebee (which Bay only produced) actually looked good and had easy-to-follow action, so hopefully whatever movies follow will adhere more closely to that style.

Police_monitoring
Oct 11, 2021

by sebmojo

lol

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Judakel posted:

well i saw it at home because i want to support streaming where my favorite filmmaker zach snyder shows his films... but i guess you can do whatever you want since you don't care about streaming

if i coulda seen zsjl or aotd on a big screen i would have, but there was a pandemic on at the time. same for a bunch of films. last film I saw in cinemas was still Cats (2019)

AnimeIsTrash posted:

people with strong opinions about snyder should be banned imo

when you yourself are made of etc etc

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Incal will kick off an cinematic universe to compete with the Dune cinematic universe

I can't wait until we get a Metabarons TV show on some obscure streaming service

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
the pandemic is actually still happening crazy enough

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

waititi seems too insincere to do a jodorowsky justice imo, but memes aside i'll give it a shot

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

josh04 posted:

if i coulda seen zsjl or aotd on a big screen i would have, but there was a pandemic on at the time. same for a bunch of films. last film I saw in cinemas was still Cats (2019)

when you yourself are made of etc etc

There still is?

Police_monitoring
Oct 11, 2021

by sebmojo
I'll go back to theaters if they do a practical effects version of that scene in metabarons where he shoots a baby in the head

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I worked at a movie theater in 2013 and they played the song "Walks Like Rihanna" by The Wanted on repeat every single day like five times an hour so I hope the cinema industry loving dies

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

i feel like posters should be able to work out for themselves what happened between may this year and november this year that has affected my willingness to go out to the cinema.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

is Taika gonna play John Difool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DkxB75CNvA

the announcement trailer is literally advertising the Incal as a Dune spinoff and puts Jodorsky's stamp of approval in front

quote:

Humanoids’ producing partner, Primer—led by David Jourdan—acquired a stake in the publishing house in 2019, and brought in a multi-million-dollar development fund to partner on a slate. This fund has helped jumpstart the company’s production efforts, as it look to draw on a catalogue of IP by artists and writers including John Cassaday, Milo Manara, Mark Waid and Robert Silverberg, among others.

Humanoids will announce additional partnerships, pertaining to The Incal‘s distribution and release, at a later date. Waititi and Jodorowsky tease the film in the video above.

Waititi is represented by CAA and Manage-ment; Clement by UTA and Yorn, Barnes, Levine; Warren by WME and Manage-ment.
https://deadline.com/2021/11/taika-waititi-to-adapt-alejandro-jodorowsky-graphic-novel-the-incal-as-film-1234867589/

Looks like they're still looking for money to actually make this.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

josh04 posted:

i feel like posters should be able to work out for themselves what happened between may this year and november this year that has affected my willingness to go out to the cinema.

mass death means more seats?

Police_monitoring
Oct 11, 2021

by sebmojo
If you don't support cinema in it's natural home, the theater, with multiple adult price viewings then you don't deserve the genius film making of the blade runner remake guy and the batman guy

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

the new batman is very dark and he hits people

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
i think he is in england, maybe something happened there that wasn't horrible

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Atrocious Joe posted:

is Taika gonna play John Difool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DkxB75CNvA

the announcement trailer is literally advertising the Incal as a Dune spinoff and puts Jodorsky's stamp of approval in front

https://deadline.com/2021/11/taika-waititi-to-adapt-alejandro-jodorowsky-graphic-novel-the-incal-as-film-1234867589/

Looks like they're still looking for money to actually make this.

I was about to explode with rage, but if Jodo is fine with it, I'm cool.

I actually kinda like Taika, he just doesn't feel like a good fit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
was that taika waititi hitler movie any good?