Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?

Stereotype posted:

https://br.evetools.org/br/6181ebc448564b0012a07f76

the krabhus in pochven died, and the goon eagles faceplanted when alterari disconnected on the warpin, but the sax fleet ripped their muninns to shreds. in the end the sax actually held the field because we were just deleting 2 hacs every five seconds until they left lol. 8 claymores killed with alpha damage.

fun fight

I lost an eagle in that fight. Alterari was calling targets, then told us to align away, then all the sudden Vex was telling us to reanchor on him. was a bit confusing for a few moments. Seemed as if we were holding our own, deleting thier logi. Switched to muninn's and were killing them effectively. Then the call went out to kill dictors and align away. I went poof shortly after. Was a fun fight though.

A little bit after that fleet Tetra pinged a kiki fleet, saying he had a juicy target. But he kept disconnecting as we were rolling out, so it was a bunch of burning to wormholes only to be blueballed. The balls were aching when he said that the target was a Zirnitra. I don't have that one on my bingo card yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Made it screaming out of highsec to home base with my noob industrialist bpos. I tell yah lads this trip is going to be worth hundreds of thousands to me in the coming weeks.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

So my friend has just come back to the game to find he's been accidentally subscribed for the last 14 months :v:, I told him to contact support and they gave him 22mil SP to spend. I know of the magic 14 but are there any other must-haves for a brand new player? interceptors are always still useful right? (i still don't have forums access or I'd take a look)

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’ll DM you a list but yes sneaky cloaky super lol fun times.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Inject a super alt on the account lol.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

NtotheTC posted:

I have my characters back! However I'm getting a 500 error when trying to (re-)register them on the Goonswam ESI page, I looked in GS_Help but it appears to be empty- where's the best place to go for help these days?

You can't auth alts via the ESI unless you first sign into that account on the EVE:Online page. :ccp:

(Didn't read to see if anyone else answered)

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Bilirubin posted:

You can't auth alts via the ESI unless you first sign into that account on the EVE:Online page. :ccp:

(Didn't read to see if anyone else answered)

I've tried both ways, I don't know if the problem is CCP or goonfleet.com side. I was able to use the SSO auth to add my chars to eve-skillplan.net but they're using a different set of permissions so it's not a straight comparison

e: it could be that there's some strange block on my accs atm, as I tried to change the emails on the accounts and its still not gone through

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Nov 3, 2021

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK
I think :ccp: is up to their usual tricks, my altcorp is borked and I haven't been able to fix it yet.

Xanasar
Dec 27, 2006

learnincurve posted:

Made it screaming out of highsec to home base with my noob industrialist bpos. I tell yah lads this trip is going to be worth hundreds of thousands to me in the coming weeks.

Despite the fact that the markets in delve are centralized, you can make money. There's always some common item that you can sell for double what it costs to make because some weirdo is trying to sell them for 5x or more. Rigs can be good for this because there's a million different types of them and nobody can keep track.

Just don't build T1 Frigates to sell. For whatever reason, they are always selling significantly cheaper than what it costs me to make them.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Yeah rigs are almost always profitable. Most t2 ships are still profitable as well, though volumes are way down and there isn’t as much margin as during the war, and the complexity is way way higher than t1 stuff (reactions? Invention??)

Industry isn’t so good right now in general since people aren’t losing stuff. Volumes in 1DQ are only like 20 ships / week for anything that isn’t used super often for ratting, so you have to ship stuff to jita.

That being said, jump freighters are once again profitable to build, so now I’m building jump freighters. It takes 2 months, tons of skill and blueprints, and costs 13.5B though, so definitely not newbie friendly.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’ve been making noob money off of making the wee free ships and mining the ore for them. Probably not more than I could have sold the minerals for though, but Xyyzy is obviously so nice that I wanna do my bit for them and all that.

There is a couple of gaps for newbies if you can get the BPOs up there. Ice mining upgrades and the larger non-mammoth haulers.

E: Check out the mineral costs and actual market price of Amarr BC if you want a laugh

Or if you are me, actual disappointment that plan to make all own ships failed.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 3, 2021

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Stereotype posted:

Yeah rigs are almost always profitable. Most t2 ships are still profitable as well, though volumes are way down and there isn’t as much margin as during the war, and the complexity is way way higher than t1 stuff (reactions? Invention??)

Industry isn’t so good right now in general since people aren’t losing stuff. Volumes in 1DQ are only like 20 ships / week for anything that isn’t used super often for ratting, so you have to ship stuff to jita.

That being said, jump freighters are once again profitable to build, so now I’m building jump freighters. It takes 2 months, tons of skill and blueprints, and costs 13.5B though, so definitely not newbie friendly.

I knew I should have bought one when they were 6B. I was cash-poor churning out materiel for the war, alas.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Just got back from a trip that took me somewhere I was unable to play eve. Now I'm back to lose again, hail satan.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

PathAsc posted:

Just got back from a trip that took me somewhere I was unable to play eve. Now I'm back to lose again, hail satan.

Steam Deck is going to be available in several months so you won't have to suffer again.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Has anyone tested the new native Mac-client? If so, how much of an improvement is it? My 2017 MBP would threaten to burn up when I tried to dual-box.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Boatswain posted:

Has anyone tested the new native Mac-client? If so, how much of an improvement is it? My 2017 MBP would threaten to burn up when I tried to dual-box.

I have. It’s noticeably faster and the graphics are better.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Bob Socko posted:

I have. It’s noticeably faster and the graphics are better.

Cheers! I might try my hand at the game again when it is released properly.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

learnincurve posted:

I’ve been making noob money off of making the wee free ships and mining the ore for them. Probably not more than I could have sold the minerals for though, but Xyyzy is obviously so nice that I wanna do my bit for them and all that.

There is a couple of gaps for newbies if you can get the BPOs up there. Ice mining upgrades and the larger non-mammoth haulers.

E: Check out the mineral costs and actual market price of Amarr BC if you want a laugh

Or if you are me, actual disappointment that plan to make all own ships failed.

Its a worthy goal, its just going take longer than expected as CCP has decided long ago that basic t1 construction is going to be really expensive for new people. Its just the way it is. But what you want to do can still be done.

First, lets get out of the way what you can do as a new person to make money from easiest/profitable by my own ranking.

1: Join a fleet and let people know you are new.
2: Loot and salvage poo poo. Its actually really profitable right now(compared to what it use to be) and doesn't take much skill investment. Go to dotlan and look up npc kills https://tinyurl.com/jn388ecn . Go to those systems with a lot of npc kills. Check the belts. If the wrecks aren't in the belts, check out the anoms (learning how to go to anoms might be something you will need to look up). Find people doing anoms, right click on a wreck and "save location" creating a bookmark to the wreck. Find more people doing anoms if possible and repeat. Wait a bit, warp to the bookmark, and loot/salvage the field if nobody is around. Don't bother the people actively doing the anoms by trying to loot while they are there. Be sure to take your loot to a refinery that you can refine the loot for minerals. Sell the salvage and minerals.
3: invest skills into doing the ratting yourself. This is going to take time, its going to be pretty slow at first, and it might be boring depending on what you like.
4: Mine poo poo in a venture. Don't mine poo poo in a rookie ship. Mine Crokite ore in anoms, compress the ore in refineries, sell the ore. Upgrade to a basic Procurer and figure out ice mining later if basic mining seems to be something you like.

Melting down looted modules for minerals is actually a pretty decent way to get resources to build t1 poo poo for you to fly and equip if you really want to go that route. There is going to be an issues of blueprints and/or blueprint copies to build poo poo with. Buying blueprints is not advisable for new people. Asking if people have blueprint copies to give to you, that is totally doable and you will probably find many people to do that. I don't have as extensive supply , but I give them out when I see people who need them. I have a lot of the basic t1 stuff people fly. Some people have a whole service around selling you blueprint copies, and I find that its way overpriced and not newbie friendly.

If you are looking for basic ships to fly, a vexor and a venture are pretty good for the small amount of investment.

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

Alternatively, I showed to a moomin? fleet late in an Atron. I was 15 jumps behind but that thing is fast because I caught up while they were looting the field of some big structure that blew up. I found a Tengu wreck and looted what my cargo says was 1.2 billion in shield things? I got help figuring out how to deposit it into a hostile structure and now I need to wait and figure out how to asset it out? Anyway, I'm excited I didn't have to grind mobs for money and I'll throw a lot of ships away on that find.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

scanning down datasites/archaeology/pubbie ships is fun, profitable, and extremely low investment check the gf forums there's a frig handout program for it

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

stackofflapjacks posted:

Alternatively, I showed to a moomin? fleet late in an Atron. I was 15 jumps behind but that thing is fast because I caught up while they were looting the field of some big structure that blew up. I found a Tengu wreck and looted what my cargo says was 1.2 billion in shield things? I got help figuring out how to deposit it into a hostile structure and now I need to wait and figure out how to asset it out? Anyway, I'm excited I didn't have to grind mobs for money and I'll throw a lot of ships away on that find.

lol nice. yeah you wait 14 days or something, its under "safety" in the "personal assets" window, which is under personal on the neocom menu i think. once the timer expires you can click "deliver to" and it will send it to the nearest lowsec station, and then you can fly it to jita and sell it or whatever.

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

Is there a wiki article or something on how to setup a contract for pubbies to haul stuff like that out of lowsec?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Sickening posted:

Really awesome stuff

I’ll admit that I did pay to play a bit with the packs and the plex and injection buying and can now fly a covetor with T1 crystals, and have semi decent processing and sales skills (while being able to fly an annoying wee support frig semi ok) . Being a miner to my very core I found the secret roid belts on scanner within about 9 seconds of hitting 0.0 without knowing what they were and had to search the forums to find out if I was breaking any rules*, but didn’t know to check for NPC kills.

I got to say “new players, check for npc kills and salvage if abandoned” is infinitly more useful than the 9 page explanations of scanning, exploration and anonomolies I keep finding.

*can’t mine Mercoxit, so my noob rear end is doing someone a favour.

BIgDevine
Sep 24, 2018

stackofflapjacks posted:

So that was you the FC was talking to last night… good find!

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

stackofflapjacks posted:

Open up your assets window and you can find it in the system (8b something) and then you can right click and send to asset safety

Fqubed
Dec 12, 2013

stackofflapjacks posted:

Ah that was you? That was a fun little fleet :p

Fqubed
Dec 12, 2013

stackofflapjacks posted:

Is there a wiki article or something on how to setup a contract for pubbies to haul stuff like that out of lowsec?

If you havent done the Asset Safety thing, contract whatever you have in the system (8B-VLX) to Sapphirejb, Ill pay you 80% of the nominal price, or jita sell price and you can get the isk now and get ahead on being a bit more space isk liquid =)

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Someone contacted me and gave me a ton of useful advice and even offered me a 9 million isk mission ship. I told him that I might move in with some friends in Delve some time in the future. He instantly left the conversation. This is the third time this has happened.

Fqubed
Dec 12, 2013

Feliday Melody posted:

Someone contacted me and gave me a ton of useful advice and even offered me a 9 million isk mission ship. I told him that I might move in with some friends in Delve some time in the future. He instantly left the conversation. This is the third time this has happened.

Just come to delve.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Fqubed posted:

Just come to delve.

It's in the works so no worries. But in the meantime I'm saving up for some skillbooks and testing ships.

Fqubed
Dec 12, 2013
So, do you need isk to buy the skillbooks? Whats your ingame name

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Fqubed posted:

So, do you need isk to buy the skillbooks? Whats your ingame name

It's the same as here but it's fine. It's more about knowing what specific books are useful since they're around 100k each. The game is also trying get me to buy books that aren't useful at the moment.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Feliday Melody posted:

It's in the works so no worries. But in the meantime I'm saving up for some skillbooks and testing ships.

Post your in game name.

Fqubed
Dec 12, 2013
https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/The_Magic_14

The magic 14 are a really basic starter skillblock that you will need for everything. I sent you some isk so you dont have to worry much about skillbook pricing for the things you have to do now.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Post your in game name.

It's Feliday Melody but I'm still in the starting areas for the moment. We can chat when I get to Delve.

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

Fqubed posted:

If you havent done the Asset Safety thing, contract whatever you have in the system (8B-VLX) to Sapphirejb, Ill pay you 80% of the nominal price, or jita sell price and you can get the isk now and get ahead on being a bit more space isk liquid =)

I've had someone inject some liquidity thankfully, still rolling on a few hundred million.

I got it sent to Asset Safety, no clue how I'll extract it, would contracting it out of the lowsec station it goes to work? Or just get on after downtime and bolt for highsec?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Feliday Melody posted:

It's Feliday Melody but I'm still in the starting areas for the moment. We can chat when I get to Delve.

You can get a full set of starter skillbooks via the newbie program so don’t spend too much rn

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

stackofflapjacks posted:

I've had someone inject some liquidity thankfully, still rolling on a few hundred million.

I got it sent to Asset Safety, no clue how I'll extract it, would contracting it out of the lowsec station it goes to work? Or just get on after downtime and bolt for highsec?

Just covops it back, use bounces so you don't get smartbombed.

E:or have someone courier it with the collateral set to 2x value

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Feliday Melody posted:

They aren't trying to chat you up, they're asking your name so they can send you money to get you started

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Jazzzzz posted:

They aren't trying to chat you up, they're asking your name so they can send you money to get you started

Right Sorry!