Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/PBAndAwesome/status/1456303187065905167?t=mqr63u36Rnm1cCNKQsZ01w&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The update was insanely big, like 3gb, so I’m not surprised they added a ton of items but I wasn’t expecting it to be over 9000.

I’ll see myself out.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Blathers won't talk to me about opening up the cafe. Do I need all of the exhibits open first? I think I might be missing the painting gallery?

Prowler
May 24, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Blathers won't talk to me about opening up the cafe. Do I need all of the exhibits open first? I think I might be missing the painting gallery?

Apparently you need all the wings open, yes.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

So I came across a graphical glitch

https://twitter.com/OfSavita/status/1456308527937429512

It seems to only affect the flooring when its placed horizontally, Vertically its normal.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hell yeah Cyrus's customizations are instant also he does little jig and I love it

https://twitter.com/mmmossy/status/1456311170936147968?s=20

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

My house is full of cockroaches after not opening the game in a while and a villager invited herself and got scared of them.

I wish there was a way to know what clothes I already own while shopping.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

lunar detritus posted:

I wish there was a way to know what clothes I already own while shopping.
I've been using https://nook.exchange to keep track of my catalog so I can figure out what I already own when fashioning, but yeah, I wish there was an in-game icon on stuff you've catalogued already.

speaking of which, when I went to buy clothes the other day, I found stuff not even listed on nook exchange yet, which means there's new clothes, too!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Just FYI, but I had 2 gyroids spawn the day after it rained, even though I hid all my fossils behind a cliff. So it looks like they spawn independently, same as the rare mushroom.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Really didn’t expect the camera to be the biggest new feature in the game.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Zodack posted:

They really leaned into what the playerbase has been doing in the past year for some of the new stuff.

No kidding. I'm going through the list and seeing a lot of things people had to previously find creative workarounds for.

My favorite are the castle walls, ramparts, etc

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..
I will officially die for my new dootoid.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Cyrus can customize stuff WITHOUT MATERIALS! You don’t have to hoard pumpkins or feathers now!

cats
May 11, 2009

Nemo2342 posted:

Cyrus can customize stuff WITHOUT MATERIALS! You don’t have to hoard pumpkins or feathers now!

Just lol if you don't think I'll fill every new spot in my expanded storage with pumpkins and shells and other easily renewable resources.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Pianist On Strike posted:

Just lol if you don't think I'll fill every new spot in my expanded storage with pumpkins and shells and other easily renewable resources.

To be fair, I hoard pumpkins in case I want to craft more spooky stuff since that’s my brand here on Skeletowne.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
So Jay asked to come visit my house when I was wandering around the island. Unlike when Cherry just walked in on her own, he’s following me from room to room.

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..
Just had a meal drop from a balloon. One the one hand, cool. On the other hand, it's "premium nigirizushi" and I just don't know if I can trust it. Who knows how long it's been on the great sushi conveyor belt in the sky?

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
I'm glad this landed a day early. Having this *and* the DLC land on the same day would've been a little overwhelming. I'm super-duper lookign forward to filling out Harv's island, and getting myself a nice little farm going.

cats
May 11, 2009
I'm not seeing the new 4th "expensive" item in my Nook Shopping - the one where people are getting cars, yachts, etc. Anyone else having this problem?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Nemo2342/status/1456344481804939269?s=20

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Is there a "Catholics come home" style animal crossing gangtag yet?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I love that monkey so much and wish he could be one of your villagers.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Nemo2342 posted:

Oh thank gently caress. I've been needing one more red confetti blower and I have a pink one to alter.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Holy poo poo there’s new camera filters:

-Painting
-Retro
-Surveillance
-Fish-Eye Lens

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbvxlvSIIww

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I wish monkey villagers looked like Niko and not the monkeys they look like now.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Yo the Happy Home Paradise thing is up in Aus/NZ regions.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lmao

https://twitter.com/cordifucks/status/1456114096378580992?s=20

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

LODGE NORTH posted:

I wish monkey villagers looked like Niko and not the monkeys they look like now.

Niko is precious and my child.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Leif will weed your entire island for you…for 100k bells. Even I am not that lazy.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I love it

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tex came over to my house unannounced! We played High Card, Low Card, and now...he's plopped down on my floor reading a book lmao

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Tangy dropped in, said my light switch was really clean, then promptly left.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
“Hey I think your warrior statue might be fake. But who cares what some artists 1000 years ago think. You do you.”

So far so good.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I left a bit more than two million in the bank and apparently I only collected 9999 of interest in 19 months. :argh:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

My first house visitor in the update and the very first thing he did was head straight to my toilet to take a poo poo.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

lunar detritus posted:

I left a bit more than two million in the bank and apparently I only collected 9999 of interest in 19 months. :argh:

I think they capped that off or something early on because people were time traveling to get huge payouts on interest.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Am I understanding correctly that the new donation box DIY functions as a way for visitors to gift bells with no risk of a different visitor picking them up? Not very efficient since you can only put in 1000 bells at once, but still neat.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Hey y'all. So I haven't checked with this thread in about *cough*1,095*cough* posts, and apparently there's a bunch of new items everyone's getting excited about? I have the DLC and need to open up my island again, if anyone happens to have a flame thrower for my weeds I'd appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffle! posted:

Hey y'all. So I haven't checked with this thread in about *cough*1,095*cough* posts, and apparently there's a bunch of new items everyone's getting excited about? I have the DLC and need to open up my island again, if anyone happens to have a flame thrower for my weeds I'd appreciate it.

Nemo2342 posted:

Leif will weed your entire island for you…for 100k bells. Even I am not that lazy.